Official Fallout: New Vegas

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
171 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
124 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
74 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
51 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-12-2010, 07:21 PM         #221
JackReacherMP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

10-14-2010, 10:34 AM         #222
JackReacherMP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #223
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990

[pic - click to view]

Long-time Fallout community site has obtained leaked images of the map of the Mojave Wasteland from Fallout: New Vegas. The images give a very good idea of what players are up against when Fallout: New Vega is released next week.
 10-14-2010, 11:56 AM         #224
JackReacherMP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@ Ghost

Have you seen the leaked soundtrack as an album yet ?
 10-14-2010, 12:55 PM         #225
GhostDigga  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JackReacherMP said:
@ Ghost

Have you seen the leaked soundtrack as an album yet ?

You mean the radio music or the score by Inon Zur? Either way I haven't seen an album, but I could round up the songs if you want them.
 10-14-2010, 01:04 PM         #226
GhostDigga  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Three more perks were released today, as well as the total number of perks available which is... wait for it... 87, compared to Fallout 3's 60. New Vegas is shaping up to be bigger than it's predecessor in every way.

[pic - click to view]

Slayer

This perk increases the speed of all melee attacks by 30%, letting you wield anything from your bare fists to a golf club with ninja efficiency. The increased speed will be especially useful when f!ghting in VATS, letting you queue up more strikes on your opponents.

[pic - click to view]

Spray 'n Pray

This perk significantly reduces the damage of friendly fire, so you’ll be able to nuke an area without having to worry too much about the safety of your companions. This perk is even more useful in Fallout: New Vegas because the companions you recruit will themselves grant you extra perks. Hang out with world-weary veteran Cass, for example, and you’ll be able to gain toughness by drinking whisky.

[pic - click to view]

Super Slam

Another good perk for players who like to get up close and personal, taking Super Slam means unarmed and melee weapon attacks have a chance of knocking down your opponent, leaving them vulnerable to a further beating. This promises to be especially comical when f!ghting larger beasts such as Super Mutants, or their house-sized brethren the Super Mutant Behemoth. The bigger they are, the harder they fall.
 10-14-2010, 01:48 PM         #227
JackReacherMP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@ ghost, yes if you can get them into a zip that would be great and Im really going to need to think hard on these perks and traits to best use them while in hardcore mode
 10-14-2010, 01:48 PM         #228
JackReacherMP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Come next week, many of you will begin your adventures in Fallout: New Vegas – attempting to explore every nook, cranny, and Vault found within in and around Mojave Wasteland. Before your journey begins, we thought we’d answer some last-minute questions sent by you via Facebook and Twitter.

I’m afraid it’s going to feel like DLC. Are there enough changes to make New Vegas feel unique from Fallout 3? (thanks @acsguitar)

We certainly think so! While the gameplay is similar, the world itself is very, very different. And our main storyline plays out in a very different manner, with several very different paths to completion.

Can we expect the same wasteland experience as in Fallout 3? I’m kinda scared about playing in a city untouched by atomic bombs! (thanks @The_iCroco)

Yes and no. There are some areas that were hit directly, but for the most part, the destruction you’ll see in the Mojave Wasteland is due to neglect, not bombardment. Don’t expect sprawling, fully functioning cities, though. The New Vegas strip is self-contained and tightly managed directly by Mr. House, so everything in the city works perfectly. As you get farther away from the strip, you’ll see more and more ruins and abandoned buildings.

Would love to know how they will create that WOW factor that Fallout 3 had: the wasteland, the bomb at Megaton and so on. Tricky!? (thanks @bekblayton)

We think there are some similarly cool WOW moments in our game, and you should find one in each act of the main storyline.

How difficult will it be to take care of physical needs like hydration, sleep, and so on? Is it going to be overbearing?

Those features are only in Hardcore Mode, so they’re optional. If you find they’re getting to be too much of a hassle, you can always turn it off (although you won’t get the Hardcore trophy if you do).

What can you tell us about the new Hardcore Mode?

Hardcore Mode can be turned on or off at any time, although if you want the Hardcore trophy, you have to turn it on when initially prompted and leave it that way all the way to the end of the game. When it’s on, players will have to eat, sleep, and drink water every day. In addition, ammo has weight, companions can die, Stimpaks heal over time, and damaged limbs can only be healed with a Doctor’s Bag.

While you can fast travel in Hardcore Mode, you can’t if the time it would take to get you there would result in the player dying from dehydration/exhaustion/starvation.

Will the shooting feel better than it did in Fallout 3? (thanks @DYLANmmc)

Obsidian has tweaked the real-time combat quite a bit from Fallout 3 to make it feel more natural for people who don’t want to use VATS all the time.

What’s the story with the Aim Down the Sight mechanic? And is Fallout: New Vegas still support first-person and third-person viewing modes?

First- and third-person modes are in, and we’ve tweaked the third-person camera to be a bit more useful. In first-person mode, iron sights can be used with most weapons. The only exceptions are ones like the Grenade Machine Gun that are enormous and fire from the hip, and guns that have an actual sight on them (like sniper rifles and weapons modded with a physical sight). You just hold down the button and the camera zooms to show the weapon’s iron sight instead of a crosshair. It’s very useful for combat outside of VATS mode.

How big is Fallout: New Vegas compared to Fallout 3? (thanks @maialideth)

It’s about the same size. If you thought Fallout 3 was big, you’ll find Fallout: New Vegas to be equally big.

How much install data will be needed for Fallout: New Vegas?

Fallout: New Vegas is a 5 GB install on PS3 that runs when you first launch the game.

One of my favorite things to do in Fallout 3 was scavenging homes and office buildings. Will we see many rural and urban areas for that? (thanks @JaylLaf)

Just like Fallout 3, our wasteland is littered with abandoned (and not-so-abandoned) locations for you to explore.

Will there be any Vaults to explore in New Vegas? (thanks @LewJ1196)

Yes there are! We have five different Vaults in the game. They serve as unique dungeons, and depending on what path you follow through the main storyline, you may have to venture into one of them to retrieve something.

I’m interested to know more about the music score that will be piped through our Pip Boys for New Vegas. Will there be more variety? (thanks @Peligrie)

We have three separate radio stations in Fallout: New Vegas. There’s New Vegas Radio, which has the kind of songs you’ve come to expect from a Fallout game – hosted by Mr. New Vegas (voiced by Wayne Newton). Then there’s Black Mountain Radio, which is more classic country-focused. And finally there’s Mojave Music Radio, which is similar to NVR, only without the news stories from Mr. New Vegas.

Of course that’s just the radio. If you never turn on the radio at all, you’ll be treated to a new score by Inon Zur, featuring a string quartet, samples from past Fallout games, and some very cool location-specific themes.

Will New Vegas have a Good/Evil/Neutral decision path like Fallout 3? (thanks @Reumaut)

Karma still exists, and affects some things, but for the most part our decisions are determined more by the new reputation system, which tracks how the various factions in the game feel about you.

Will the Brotherhood of Steel be present in Fallout: New Vegas? I know in Fallout 3, the “original” BoS was based near California. (thanks @SCZ_PS3)

The Brotherhood of Steel is in Fallout: New Vegas, but not nearly as much as they were in Fallout 3. The west coast BoS was really hit hard following the events of Fallout 1 & 2, so they’re not nearly as important as the NCR is in the region.

Will there be any Fallout 2 characters make an appearance in Fallout: New Vegas? (thanks @Vi9)

Yes! We’ve already confirmed Marcus from Fallout 2 is coming back, and will again be voiced by Michael Dorn. As for anyone else, you’ll just have to wait for the game to see for yourself.

Can I still force materials inside the pants of enemies? If so, what explosive additions have you made? (thanks @Foxification)

Yep, you can still pickpocket grenades into people’s pockets. Even better is that now you can pickpocket plastic explosives into people’s pants! For some fun, drop some C4 into a few random people, equip the detonator, stand back and pull the trigger. It never gets old.

Will there any kind of transportation?

Aside from fast-travel, we do have a monorail that will take you directly to the strip from Camp McCarran (assuming you’re friendly with the NCR).

Can we continue playing after the main quest line ends?

No. Instead, Fallout: New Vegas has a real ending, that shows the results of your actions throughout the game and how they affected the different factions, locations and people you encountered.

Are you still able to make a female character?

Absolutely!

Do you plan on including many DLC add-ons for Fallout: New Vegas, as Fallout 3 did? (thanks @VGNtertainment)

We’re not really going into specifics on DLC, but we have a plan, and we think it’s a good one. You should hear more about it soon.

What’s the initial level cap.. and will DLC be exclusive to one console or another for any amount of time? (thanks @keeponrunning)

The level cap for Fallout: New Vegas is 30. As mentioned previously, we’re not discussing the details of downloadable content right now. Stay tuned!

Will there be a demo to try Fallout: New Vegas? (thanks @RichLando)

There’s no demo planned for the game.. We wanted the focus to be completing the full game and making it the best game it could be.
 10-14-2010, 02:05 PM         #229
JackReacherMP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '06        #230
d4deesnuts 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,425 | Props total: 3136 3136
I'm curious about the dlc though cuz they said that the game will have a definitive ending, so i'm a.ssuming the dlc will only be playable if u havn't beaten the game already? Either way its no biggie, this is a game that i'll definately have to play through multiple times if i want to get that Plat.
 10-15-2010, 12:24 AM         #231
GhostDigga  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
's a link to BestBuy's sitdown with Josh Sawyer, it's an hour long and there's some really great gameplay footage that people might have missed.
 7 years ago '04        #232
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
At more than half a million words long, the strategy guide for Fallout: New Vegas will be the biggest ever released, and will dwarf famously giant literary classics like War and Peace. Itís also roughly the same size as the script for one of designer Chris Avelloneís previous games, Planescape: Torment.

The hefty tome will list every enemy in the game, detailing where they can be found and what they carry, and give the player more information on the many factions that inhabit the new wasteland. The guide also painstakingly maps over two hundred locations in the world, and lists every item in the game. As a secondary use, you ever find yourself in a post apocalyptic wasteland, youíll be able to strap it to your chest and it should double up as a useful piece of armour

Source:
 10-15-2010, 03:08 PM         #233
GhostDigga  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Obsidian released all of the perks today, if you want to see them and plan out your playstyle, click and choose your level on the right side.
 7 years ago '05        #234
Afekz 
space
space
$3,860 | Props total: 0 0
Sat down and played a solid 4hrs of this s**t today.

Not surprised as Fallout 3 has been my favorite game this gen, and this game is definitely living up to the hype so far.
 10-16-2010, 02:35 AM         #235
GhostDigga  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Afekz said:
Sat down and played a solid 4hrs of this s**t today.

Not surprised as Fallout 3 has been my favorite game this gen, and this game is definitely living up to the hype so far.
I've been curious about the new guns, what have you been using?
 7 years ago '04        #236
---Max-Payne--- 
space
space
$5,472 | Props total: 23 23

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #237
theylikeme05 
space
space
$2,662 | Props total: 370 370
this s**t is DOPE...pretty much the same as FO3 so far...u can now fool enemies with different costumes and s**t for instance if u wear a gangs clothes they wont attack until u start buckin...a great way to get close for sneak attacks...wait til you see these NIGHTWalker s**ts....scary....also pack animals are tagged as being alpha...den mother etc so precision picking off of groups of animals is a must...yes there are packs of s**t that will attack ya....played this s**t for like 8 hrs str8 while smokn master kush...only reason i stopped was to type this...its that serious...also IMO its beneficial to get ya non combat skills up to par EARLY im missing out on alot of s**t because my dude is basically just super strong and super smart.low cahrisam..no luck...i f**ked up but now ima 8 hrs invetsed...just gotta ride this s**t on out
 10-17-2010, 05:23 AM         #238
GhostDigga  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 theylikeme05 said:
this s**t is DOPE...pretty much the same as FO3 so far...u can now fool enemies with different costumes and s**t for instance if u wear a gangs clothes they wont attack until u start buckin...a great way to get close for sneak attacks...wait til you see these NIGHTWalker s**ts....scary....also pack animals are tagged as being alpha...den mother etc so precision picking off of groups of animals is a must...yes there are packs of s**t that will attack ya....played this s**t for like 8 hrs str8 while smokn master kush...only reason i stopped was to type this...its that serious...also IMO its beneficial to get ya non combat skills up to par EARLY im missing out on alot of s**t because my dude is basically just super strong and super smart.low cahrisam..no luck...i f**ked up but now ima 8 hrs invetsed...just gotta ride this s**t on out

Does the map seem smaller than FO3's at all? I've heard people complaining about that, saying the developers lied about how big it was....
 7 years ago '08        #239
BRonin357 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,877 | Props total: 1156 1156
The map is smaller in overall size, but there's more to do it seems like, but you know they gonna add dlc to expand it so don't worry kid! You should already know that there's plenty of adventure to be had in the wastes!
 7 years ago '09        #240
DJ Idol 18 heat pts18
space
space
$4,004 | Props total: 945 945
 GhostDigga said:

Does the map seem smaller than FO3's at all? I've heard people complaining about that, saying the developers lied about how big it was....
Damn, I hope that's not true. Wouldn't be a huge deal, but if it is and they lied... bad look for them.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
92 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
24 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
63 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
185 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
82 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
50 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
57 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy