Lil Wayne's "Rebirth" sold 173,821 (Galaxy won)

most viewed right now
 240
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
78 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 71
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 47
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
208 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 35
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
10 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 02-10-2010, 11:43 AM         #161
Galaxy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ShadyVsEminem said:
bs
God Shady go back to your poker man your so dam obsessed its unbelievable, i know you STILL haven't gotten over C3 outselling Relapse, lets see how Relapse 2 does vs Carter 4, until then stop being a f**got and making yourself look retarded with ridiculously flawed logic....you know no matter how much someone slaps you in the face with reality you wont accept it anyway



[pic - click to view]

 02-10-2010, 11:45 AM         #162
Duallyboi  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
real talk tvee u gotta open up to the new s**t cuz if u lookin for rap then u listenin to the wrong thang bro if u can listen to what the man sayin and stop hain cuz its autotune u might relate
 8 years ago '04        #163
TVee 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,305 | Props total: 1913 1913
 Duallyboi said:
dude speakin tru cuz jay and em s**t aint even rock its just got guitar and a fast tempo but that dont make that s**t rock rebirth str8 rock come on man lets jump outa window lets jump off a buildin that s**t they did is still rap
Houston public school system FTW!!!!!!!


[pic - click to view]

 8 years ago '09        #164
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
avatar space
space
$21,693 | Props total: 6192 6192
 Galaxy said:
God Shady go back to your poker man your so dam obsessed its unbelievable, i know you STILL haven't gotten over C3 outselling Relapse, lets see how Relapse 2 does vs Carter 4, until then stop being a f**got and making yourself look retarded with ridiculously flawed logic....you know no matter how much someone slaps you in the face with reality you wont accept it anyway
Yes i cry myself to sleep he had 1 album in hios career that at the moment is slightly more successful than just one of Eminems 5 cds worldwide.Relapse is closing on that so that matter will be rectified(then what will Wayne have?).

"lets see how Relapse 2 does vs Carter 4"
Now we are talkin


Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 02-10-2010 at 11:56 AM..
 02-10-2010, 11:55 AM         #165
Duallyboi  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dis boy here mane ha.... something a hata would put b4 u leave wonderland tell alice i say hook ya boy up wit tickets
 8 years ago '04        #166
nwo504 31 heat pts31
space
avatar space
space
$13,035 | Props total: 6766 6766
Rock is dead
 8 years ago '05        #167
SMG 
space
avatar space
space
$2,858 | Props total: 7 7
 Duallyboi said:
its a whole lotta hatin goin on and how the hell u aint mention linkin park if u gone say greats. i ant feelin some of the hooks but th verses go hard on rebirth t say its his 1st it aint bad
You obviously aren't that well-versed on what GOOD rock music is, but I respect your opinion...

Linkin Park is cool...but they really haven't done much lately, and they're nowhere near as talented as any of the guys I mentioned...not to mention I could easily name about 30 groups more influential than they are...

Radiohead, Coldplay, The White Stripes, Green Day, The Fray, Kid-A, The Ting-Tings, the list goes on...


Violet Hill from Coldplay s**ts on any song Linkin Park has ever done...


Last edited by SMG; 02-10-2010 at 12:04 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #168
SMG 
space
avatar space
space
$2,858 | Props total: 7 7
 Duallyboi said:
dude speakin tru cuz jay and em s**t aint even rock its just got guitar and a fast tempo but that dont make that s**t rock rebirth str8 rock come on man lets jump outa window lets jump off a buildin that s**t they did is still rap
I predict someone's entire public school district being shut down in 5...


4...



3...


2...
 8 years ago '04        #169
TVee 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,305 | Props total: 1913 1913
 Duallyboi said:
dis boy here mane ha.... something a hata would put b4 u leave wonderland tell alice i say hook ya boy up wit tickets


[pic - click to view]



Last edited by TVee; 02-10-2010 at 12:18 PM..
 8 years ago '09        #170
NoHope 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,912 | Props total: 1665 1665
Despite all the hate some of the songs were catchy imo....
 8 years ago '08        #171
Effit 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,992 | Props total: 7 7
[QUOTE=ShadyVsEminem Wayne definitely didnt follow any blueprints on how to make rock music he did his own clusterf**ked style. [/QUOTE]

What was he supposed to do, follow the "blueprint" and make an album exactly like somebody else? What is the blueprint, like a copy of Guns and Roses Appetite for Destruction? When you said show me a song and it has to have auto tune, as if Lil wayne pioneered the idea of using auto tune on a rock project, like finding examples of major artists using auto tune is hard, really? Robert Plant used to use it all the time when he sang for a rock band you might have heard of... Led "f**king" Zeppelin a**hole, Plant couldn't hit the high notes without it and they were one of the greatest rock bands ever, listen to them live. Axl Rose, do I have to explain this, another rock legend, used auto tune all over Chinese Democracy. The Beatles experimented with auto tune! Dude shut the f**k up, you never know what you're talking about. Of course Wayne is gonna make an auto tuned, half rap, half rock, drug induced cluster f**k. It's Lil Wayne, that's what he's into right now. That's where his music is at. All I've seen since Drop it like it's hot is this guy evolving more and more, learning, and working his a.ss off. I give him credit, obviously he isn't a fad, he isn't going anywhere, and he'll be making his brand of music, however it evolves for a long, long time. If your going to sit and just hate Lil Wayne... He's got a full time job for you for the rest of your life. Enjoy your treat.
 8 years ago '09        #172
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
avatar space
space
$21,693 | Props total: 6192 6192
 Effit said:
What was he supposed to do, follow the "blueprint" and make an album exactly like somebody else? What is the blueprint, like a copy of Guns and Roses Appetite for Destruction? When you said show me a song and it has to have auto tune, as if Lil wayne pioneered the idea of using auto tune on a rock project, like finding examples of major artists using auto tune is hard, really? Robert Plant used to use it all the time when he sang for a rock band you might have heard of... Led "f**king" Zeppelin a**hole, Plant couldn't hit the high notes without it and they were one of the greatest rock bands ever, listen to them live. Axl Rose, do I have to explain this, another rock legend, used auto tune all over Chinese Democracy. The Beatles experimented with auto tune! Dude shut the f**k up, you never know what you're talking about. Of course Wayne is gonna make an auto tuned, half rap, half rock, drug induced cluster f**k. It's Lil Wayne, that's what he's into right now. That's where his music is at. All I've seen since Drop it like it's hot is this guy evolving more and more, learning, and working his a.ss off. I give him credit, obviously he isn't a fad, he isn't going anywhere, and he'll be making his brand of music, however it evolves for a long, long time. If your going to sit and just hate Lil Wayne... He's got a full time job for you for the rest of your life. Enjoy your treat.
The way he is saying is his interpretation of rock on Rebirth is the only way rap/rock can be done and doesnt accept songs like Sing for the moment,stimulate,99 problems etc are just as much rap/rock aswell if not more so.

There is more than 1 way to skin a cat and id prefer Eminem and Jayz method of rap/rock anyday and im sure the public would aswell,which in turn squashes the theory only Wayne could make a rap/rock album and sell 170k 1st week.


Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 02-10-2010 at 01:28 PM..
 02-10-2010, 01:53 PM         #173
BIGthingsSON  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Galaxy said:
Why don't you go post on your main account instead of hiding?
This is my main acc, I don't post much since most of the cats here just babble. Your interesting to debate with because you actually believe the babble that you spew.


Last edited by BIGthingsSON; 02-10-2010 at 01:56 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #174
Universal~Mind 59 heat pts59
space
avatar space
space
$12,109 | Props total: 527 527
11 pages of idiots arguing about an idiot...
 02-10-2010, 02:56 PM         #175
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maroon_Tiger said:
until jay-z or eminem make actual rock music, we'll never know if they can sell more than 170k

i mean eminem has stans on deck, so hes not a good example, b/c his fans will buy anything even on 1 hr notice of it coming out
Eminem did good numbers with Refill. You actually think he can't put out a Rock album? He can harmonize and sing twice as good as Lil Wayne, I would buy that album.
 8 years ago '09        #176
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
avatar space
space
$21,693 | Props total: 6192 6192
He does sing on the certain hooks and he sings on I remember and Hailies song,doesnt use any voice changing equipment to pull it off though.

^^obviously he is a good example as the theory says ONLY Wayne could do those numbers.


Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 02-10-2010 at 03:01 PM..
 8 years ago '09        #177
Akilleez 
space
avatar space
space
$1,319 | Props total: 23 23
janet jackson was dope in the early 90's
 8 years ago '08        #178
Effit 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,992 | Props total: 7 7
I haven't heard about any other rappers of Wayne's status teaching themselves how to play guitar, or showing any interest in trying to create their own interpretation of rock music. Isn't what Wayne did, a platinum rapper selling 170k rock albums in a week, essentially unheard of?
 8 years ago '08        #179
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$7,406 | Props total: 421 421
This is weird. People on this board crucified 50 because of his sales. Most of the time rightfully so because every time 50 would go back at an artist he would bring up sales. Based on that a lot of posters were saying "50 lost" and in fact did lose that battle. Good sales regardless though on BISD.

So when Lil Wayne sells about 10K more than 50 did Lil Wayne won? I don't get it. So wouldn't both 50 and Wayne lose using that logic? They didn't sell compared to what they usually do but I think both won due to them selling over 150K first week.

The hypocrisy is at an all time high. That is what really sold
 8 years ago '05        #180
Da Gooneyz 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,041 | Props total: 815 815
 Effit said:
I haven't heard about any other rappers of Wayne's status teaching themselves how to play guitar, or showing any interest in trying to create their own interpretation of rock music. Isn't what Wayne did, a platinum rapper selling 170k rock albums in a week, essentially unheard of?
The RZA and Everlast both play guitar.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 41
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 30
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
100 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 28
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
22 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 23
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 20
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 18
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 15
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 13
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy