"Its amazing whats been done for Haiti but its amazing what HASNT been done for New Orleans" - Wayne

most viewed right now
 74
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
138 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 67
Image(s) inside Went To The 4:44 Tour Last Night
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 61
 Video inside Diddy gets clowned on TV...
14 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 57
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
22 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #141
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,850 | Props total: 4847 4847
 Peterparker said:
it was used just as a colony??

Negro the united states at tha time was made up of nothing but colonies..what kind of grades did you make in history??

Around the time United States still had there COLONIES.. Haiti was the richest colony in the western hemisphere..they produced beacoup coffee and sugar..Haiti being such a huge slave port had little to do with it being close to U.S.A. since the French had control over the Island..

the French aint just give there s**t up to Haitians..them mothaf**kas had to deal with the British and Spanish who were trying to take over the country around the same time..they actually defeated Haitians..even tho tha haitians scared them mothaf**kas w/tha rebellion in 1791..it wasn't like tha French ran out right away..they tricked them boys n had Toussaint f!ghten alongside the French..n put his a.ss in prison for tha rest of his life once they defeated his army..Napoleon of course..Haiti was and is always important..from a economic point of a view..political point of view..

not to mention Haiti has gold,copper,bauxite...I mean U.S. been in control of that mothaf**ka since the early 1900's..it's a reason why they've occupied Haiti for so long
lmao.i did great in history.1 of tha few classes i cared for.wit that bein said i think i'll giv u a lesson.

1st off columbus made it to tha carribean(haiti) b4 he made it to tha states.he set up colonies there.they brought slaves in from africa an yes they did become tha richest colony from sugar.but that was then an this is now.sugar is no longer enough to keep ya status as tha richest nation.napoleon did send troops,but large parts of them were k!lled off by disease an alotta them became settlers

united states has only occupied haiti briefly.in tha early 1900's up until about 1930.lol @ controllin haiti.tha u.s put embargos on haiti as recently as 2003.they dont giv a f**k about them people ova there.they keep tryin to get haiti to sell itself to "private investors' an haiti keeps refusin
 02-05-2010, 01:54 PM         #142
CHRONICLE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MissStush88 said:
You my friend slightly belligerent. For what I dont kno but it doesnt work to ur advantage. From the posts that Ive read of urs, u seem very well put together and vaild but ur delivery is def trash.....to say the very least. Umm with that said, I am somewhat abrea$t on the current sitiuation. So I dont see how what I said is not valid. Just like Haiti prolly wont see the money, N.O wont eitha. The 9th ward alone had 9 (+/-) million dollars raised for them alone and last I heard the 9th ward damn sure doesnt look like Rodeo Dr or no Atlantic Station. Clearly if any knows anything about the U.S. other than what is spoon fed to them via media, then topic of the U.S. movng in for their own benefit is no surprise. But I guess u a.ssumed that because I stated an opinion earlier rather than fact, a woman of my caliber prolly knows little to nothing. But ne wayz...timing plays a large part in how people feel about Wanyes comment... Haitis further and hey get help asap ...N.O. is right here and its takes days... like really? :/ yo no sei


BTW even if they dont receive a dime, atleast little aid, (from what i can a.ssume) is making it to Haiti then it was to N.O.
There was response to NO within the first day.

A $10Billion relief package was signed within less than a week.

A LOT of nations around the world offered AID and money, even IRAN.

Every state in America contributed and telethons/fundraisers took place all over.

Its interesting how you're criticizing someone for being spoon fed by the media, when its pretty much common knowledge that the "lack of response/attention to Katrina" was largely media sensationalization.

Haiti hasn't received nearly as much AID and attention that NO has.
 8 years ago '07        #143
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,850 | Props total: 4847 4847
 CHRONICLE said:
There was response to NO within the first day.

A $10Billion relief package was signed within less than a week.

A LOT of nations around the world offered AID and money, even IRAN.

Every state in America contributed and telethons/fundraisers took place all over.

Its interesting how you're criticizing someone for being spoon fed by the media, when its pretty much common knowledge that the "lack of response/attention to Katrina" was largely media sensationalization.

Haiti hasn't received nearly as much AID and attention that NO has.
media sensationalized lmao

so bush takin 4 days to get down there is sensationalism?all them people bein shot by soldiers an tha livin conditions of tha superdome were sensationalism?10 bill in aid could n.o look like paris by next week.
 02-05-2010, 02:00 PM         #144
Jerseyelite89 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Peterparker said:
it was used just as a colony??

Negro the united states at tha time was made up of nothing but colonies..what kind of grades did you make in history??

Around the time United States still had there COLONIES.. Haiti was the richest colony in the western hemisphere..they produced beacoup coffee and sugar..Haiti being such a huge slave port had little to do with it being close to U.S.A. since the French had control over the Island..

the French aint just give there s**t up to Haitians..them mothaf**kas had to deal with the British and Spanish who were trying to take over the country around the same time..they actually defeated Haitians..even tho tha haitians scared them mothaf**kas w/tha rebellion in 1791..it wasn't like tha French ran out right away..they tricked them boys n had Toussaint f!ghten alongside the French..n put his a.ss in prison for tha rest of his life once they defeated his army..Napoleon of course..Haiti was and is always important..from a economic point of a view..political point of view..

not to mention Haiti has gold,copper,bauxite...I mean U.S. been in control of that mothaf**ka since the early 1900's..it's a reason why they've occupied Haiti for so long
doesn't know anything about black history
 8 years ago '08        #145
[Trini Yute] 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,034 | Props total: 525 525
damn, some n*ggas be kickin knowledge but, they always have to come off as a f**kin jackass so when they speak, all people see is you being a jackass and not the knowledge. Never can just say what they wanna say without tryna rash someone
 02-05-2010, 02:38 PM         #146
Jerseyelite89 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sunn4511 said:
black people are always whining, i think the government and private citizens did too much for Katrina victims.some of them are not even worth what was spent on them while on the other hand Haiti is more deserving. and yes i am i am and african american. maybe if lil wayne will start telling the losers in new orleans to get a job instead of spending money on chains and rims then the wont have to keep demanding money for an event that did not happen in 2010.
why are you on boxden?that's 90% of the topics on this webpage
 02-05-2010, 03:00 PM         #147
Jerseyelite89 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sunn4511 said:
90 percent of what,i come here when i am bored but if you are talking about the whining trend. you are on point.
i'm talking about all your points, the rims big chains, that is all hip hop image, this is a hip hop forum...WHY ARE YOU HERE? that would be like mehating asians (not true) but signing up 2 asian connect dot com or something
 02-05-2010, 03:16 PM         #148
macadon83 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
NO got a bunch of aid, but how much of it actually went to a.ssisting the people who got f**ked over by katrina?
 02-05-2010, 03:29 PM         #149
Industry 215 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Got banned for it one time, might bet banned again, don't give a f**k....f**k Haiti
 02-05-2010, 03:30 PM         #150
CHRONICLE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
media sensationalized lmao

so bush takin 4 days to get down there is sensationalism?all them people bein shot by soldiers an tha livin conditions of tha superdome were sensationalism?10 bill in aid could n.o look like paris by next week.
Yeah, cause we know that Paris was built in a year.

The response to Katrina was sensationalized heavily by the media.
 8 years ago '05        #151
sleezy 
space
avatar space
space
$5,346 | Props total: 1148 1148
its sad what happened to n.o and haiti but people need to realize the difference when hundreds of thousands people died and basically the whole city is homeless and cant get no help from their own country... people were getting amputated with liquor...only some neighborhoods were affected bad by katrina, where its easier for them to move to another area or city and get a job and or collect insurance..peterparker is almost right the government is prolly just tyna make haiti a resort where they gonna own land...and even if hopefully it creates jobs for locals....
 02-05-2010, 04:04 PM         #152
Jerseyelite89 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sunn4511 said:
no it is not, obviously you dont have a clue what you are talking about. its okay to buy those things if it is your own money but spending money to buy luxury items with tax payers money and private donors money is stupid. are you justifying the money we spend on these bunch of monkeys cannot be used for something more important. hiphop or not hiphop black people should stop whining and start doing something positive.
maybe its just me, but i have yet 2 see a Katrina Victim pushing an E Class with 22's....



and all this talk of stop whinning and you yourself are whining...acting like blacks alone whine like the black sheep or step children of the world...negro please
 02-05-2010, 04:07 PM         #153
Jerseyelite89 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sunn4511 said:
a whole lot despite most of them dont deserve it. i hear black people b**ching everywhere on how much they are spending on haiti.
and you cant put a price on human life, so most of the time no country should really be worth billions over another country...but the way i see it Haitians alone have it bad...first Katrina (alot of haitian americans in NO) then actually Haiti?damn
 8 years ago '05        #154
ThaDonofDC 
space
avatar space
space
$1,288 | Props total: 353 353
 sunn4511 said:
black people are always whining, i think the government and private citizens did too much for Katrina victims.some of them are not even worth what was spent on them while on the other hand Haiti is more deserving. and yes i am i am and african american. maybe if lil wayne will start telling the losers in new orleans to get a job instead of spending money on chains and rims then the wont have to keep demanding money for an event that did not happen in 2010.

first of all, i dunno about Rebel Jay, but that opening statement is why i would call u a jack a.ss....second, how r u gonna say that those American lives arent worth saving them? And how are the Haitians "more deserving"?...u come off as an ignorant douche bag...and goin outta ur way to say ur black before stereotyping all black people makes u look even more like a douche
 02-05-2010, 05:04 PM         #155
hiphop4ever 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
my boy weezy aint spittin nothing but truth here
 8 years ago '06        #156
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$7,384 | Props total: 4662 4662
who has proof that we have spent more for Haiti then other things. I was under the impression that the opposite was true. Perhaps because its in our face it seems that way. And Americans werent the first to aid, the Dominicans were.
 8 years ago '06        #157
O-FICIAL 
space
avatar space
space
$1,186 | Props total: 401 401
new orleans is not an all black city so saying that the blacks need to quit whining
is a sad error. Everybody in new orleans and the majority of the third coast got bashed from katrina and a month later from rita. The outpouring of support for haiti is great but there wasn't such an outpouring of support for the third coast. I got family in new orleans still living in fema trailers. I got friends who have been relocated from new orleans and have not returned and it's been 5 years since. There was a bigger rally for support initially for the tsunami disaster than for one on the home turf.

I'm just saying...
 8 years ago '06        #158
Icee 33 heat pts33
space
avatar space
space
$11,735 | Props total: 5759 5759
Did it really take lil wayne making those comments, to open all yall eyes up? America is the land of F***ing smoke screens. I was thinking this when the quake first hit and we(USA) rushed over like we're the savior to people. WAKE UP SMELL THE COFFEE! WE ARE IN A RECESSION, which means we can't do s**t right for ourselves, but we can go help another country? GTFOH All these celebs preaching this DONATE BS, donate 1/3 of your worth wealthy folks.

If YE wasn't in hiding this issue wouldve been brought up much quicker.
 8 years ago '06        #159
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$7,384 | Props total: 4662 4662
 WorldsGreatest said:


I hope some disaster happens in one of your cities one day, then y'all will be singing a different tune

y'all can't comment on s**t until y'all have been through it or were somehow affected by it
Of course a person would probably feel differently. That's when emotions get involved. We often allow our emotions to shape our perspectives on matters, especially when hits close to home, rather then use logic. The same way many NO natives feel bitter about the handling of aid to Katrina you dont think many Haitians aren't complaining right now?
 8 years ago '07        #160
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
avatar space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
galaxy lost
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 76
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
43 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 65
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
31 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 60
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
40 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 38
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
86 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 33
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
77 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 31
Damn!! Is all I can say
89 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 31
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 30
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
123 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy