"Its amazing whats been done for Haiti but its amazing what HASNT been done for New Orleans" - Wayne

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
39 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
45 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '09        #1
7469 pageviews
193 comments

MS KRISSI lpe33 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$12,015 | Props total: 7801 7801
Lil Wayne stirring up some controversy?

[pic - click to view]

http://www.mtv.com/videos .. -comment.jhtml

"I think it's amazing what's been done for Haiti," Wayne said, gazing out at the a.ssembled reporters and cameramen in a tent just outside the Jim Henson Recording Studios in Hollywood as he stepped off a stool and lowered the microphone. Then, raising the mic to his iced-out grill once more, he added, "But I also think it's amazing what hasn't been done for New Orleans."

And with that, he walked out without taking any further questions.

The pointed aside from the rapper was a rare ripple of controversy on an otherwise on-message night, during which the other artists who passed in front of journalists praised the efforts to raise money for the victims of the Haitian earthquake and spoke of the importance of giving back.

It brought murmured comments such as "Kanye West" from some of the writers, who appeared to be comparing Wayne's verbal outburst to the "George Bush doesn't care about black people" tirade unleashed by West during the all-star 2005 benefit for victims of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans.

In light of the tens of millions raised privately by texted and mailed donations, the "Hope for Haiti Now" telethon, and the more than $100 million and on-the-ground support provided by the Obama administration since the January 12 earthquake, Wayne's comments suggested that the Nola rapper feels that the same outpouring of support has not helped rebuild his hometown, which was devastated by Katrina in 2005.

As much as he hates to go up against Weezy, Michael Hecht, president and CEO of Greater New Orleans Inc., told MTV News on Thursday (February 4) that Wayne's comments don't accurately reflect what's going on in New Orleans. "The New Orleans region since Katrina has been the recipient of tens of billions of dollars of a.ssistance, not to mention scores of individuals who have committed their time and effort to rebuilding the city and region," said Hecht, whose group is the leading nonprofit economic development organization in Southeast Louisiana.

Hecht said that as a direct result of billions of dollars in cash and man hours that have been pumped into the area since 2005, Business Week magazine recently called New Orleans "one of the best places in the country to ride out the recession," with an unemployment rate that is consistently 3 percent lower than the rest of the country. "Perhaps there's some frustration on his part because it didn't arrive quickly enough or took too long to come online," Hecht said of Wayne's possible motivation for speaking out on Monday, noting that more than 55 percent of the billions in federal funds allocated for Katrina fixes has gone unspent so far. "But it's not atypical after a disaster of this size, like something on the scale of 9/11 in New York, where it tends to take three to four years for rebuilding to start because of bureaucracy, insurance claims and literally waiting for the dust to settle," he said.

A spokesperson for Wayne did not respond to requests for further comment from the rapper for this story at press time.

Source:
[pic - click to view]

http://www.mtv.com/news/a .. 31314/20100204/lil_wayne.jhtml

Last edited by MS KRISSI lpe33; 02-04-2010 at 06:49 PM..

193 comments for ""Its amazing whats been done for Haiti but its amazing what HASNT been done for New Orleans" - Wayne"

02-04-2010, 06:23 PM         #2
Galaxy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

He's right, New Orleans is still in ruins

Edit: parts for the people moaning

Last edited by Galaxy; 02-04-2010 at 07:12 PM..
 8 years ago '09        #3
TERRANCE CRACK 48 heat pts48
space
space
$8,193 | Props total: 51 51
GOT EMMM,n*ggas was salty
 8 years ago '08        #4
Tecnique 27 heat pts27
space
space
$11,408 | Props total: 154 154
Topic starter: Today, 07:21 PM
Galaxy: Today, 07:23 PM

[pic - click to view]

\\

the f**k you read that long a.ss article and respond in less than 2 minutes
 8 years ago '04        #5
TVee 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,305 | Props total: 1913 1913
 Galaxy said:

Aren't you from Europe, what do you know about New Orleans?
 02-04-2010, 06:28 PM         #6
Exhibit BX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Lil Wayne was vocal about how humbled and honored he was to be taking over folk icon Bob Dylan's part on Monday night's remake of "We Are the World." But at the end of his soft-spoken comments to reporters during the recording session, the New Orleans-bred rapper added one more thought that instantly sent a buzz through the room.

"I think it's amazing what's been done for Haiti," Wayne said, gazing out at the a.ssembled reporters and cameramen in a tent just outside the Jim Henson Recording Studios in Hollywood as he stepped off a stool and lowered the microphone. Then, raising the mic to his iced-out grill once more, he added, "But I also think it's amazing what hasn't been done for New Orleans."
wow...

:agreement6:
 02-04-2010, 06:28 PM         #7
Galaxy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^ Im not reading all that s**t i just read the

"I think it's amazing what's been done for Haiti, but I also think its amazing what hasn't been done for New Orleans,"

Which is true.
 8 years ago '04        #8
TVee 1 heat pts
space
space
^^^ You should read the rest of the article.
 8 years ago '07        #9
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
I agree.
 8 years ago '08        #10
Tecnique 27 heat pts27
space
space
$11,408 | Props total: 154 154
 Galaxy said:
^^ Im not reading all that s**t i just read the

"I think it's amazing what's been done for Haiti, but I also think its amazing what hasn't been done for New Orleans,"

Which is true.
I was about to say god damn you be superman xray visioning these threads man
 02-04-2010, 06:33 PM         #11
Kartoon05 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
*waits for galaxy*

but I thought he was the god rapper...and he has millions of stans....why don't they do something? galaxy you're going to come d*ckride the f**k out of this statement talking about how real it is why don't you send them your lunch money
 8 years ago '09        #12
MS KRISSI lpe33 30 heat pts30 OP
space
space
space
$12,015 | Props total: 7801 7801
Just when you thought you heard it all.
 02-04-2010, 06:35 PM         #13
KDshortkid 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Galaxy said:
You don't even live in the U.S... lulz
 02-04-2010, 06:37 PM         #14
Galaxy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is slightly more important than a poster on an internet forum you silly f*g ^^^
 02-04-2010, 06:38 PM         #15
Galaxy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KDshortkid said:
You don't even live in the U.S... lulz
Why are you quoting me like im the most important thing in this thread? Pull your head out your a.ss moron, and i was born in NY.
 8 years ago '05        #16
Fresh|B 976 heat pts976
space
space
$43,428 | Props total: 25076 25076
 Galaxy said:
Why are you quoting me like im the most important thing in this thread? Pull your head out your a.ss moron, and i was born in NY.
.....And Your Point Is? You Was Born In NY But Stay Over Seas....Okay Then

Galaxy,Stay Out The Wayne Threads & We Want Have These Kind Of Problems,Damn.
 8 years ago '07        #17
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
galaxy lost
 8 years ago '04        #18
jerzyboy 
space
space
$1,736 | Props total: 8 8
[QUOTE=KDshortkid;15334416]You don't even live in the U.S... lulz[/QUOTE

and n*gga? ur not from haiti , but ur co signing n*ggas d*cks , if hes right should it matter where hes from?
 02-04-2010, 06:43 PM         #19
KDshortkid 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Galaxy said:
If let's say.. Hurricane Chris were to say what Wayne did instead, you wouldn't come and say "I agree" that's how much you on Wayne's d*ck.
 8 years ago '04        #20
TVee 1 heat pts
space
space
 Galaxy said:
The point is you're talking out of your a.ss. New Orleans is not in ruins. I was just in New Orleans about 2 months ago. I had a great time. It's not all the way back but its not in ruins.

Last edited by TVee; 02-04-2010 at 06:45 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
155 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now