Things science can't explain

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
26 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
73 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
96 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
267 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #41
Sluggernaut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,471 | Props total: 4416 4416
 cdawg331 said:
I still have never heard an explanation for "Deja vu"
I've read a couple of theories...

One was where, one eye saw something, a place, scene or scenario before the other eye could, and it registered it in your brains memory bank... and like a split second later, the other eye saw it and did the same thing... so your brain received a duplicate copy of that same place or thing... and you think to yourself "hey I've been here before, I did that before, etc."
 05-25-2010, 11:17 AM         #42
twentythree 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 OldeEnglish22oz said:
Holy s**t... right when I opened this link I yawned... then I saw the picture of the baby yawning, and read "just reading about yawning will make you yawn."

Explain.

Edit... I finished the article and I yawned 4 times...
just yawned reading your comment
 05-26-2010, 12:03 AM         #43
The Muffin Man 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 carl0489 said:
The Baghdad Batteries

[pic - click to view]

The Mystery:

The Baghdad Batteries are a series of artifacts found in the area of Mesopotamia dating from the early centuries AD. This was the approximate time when Gozer the Gozarian was roaming the lands, morphing into whatever you thought of and then devouring you .

When archaeologists stumbled upon the batteries, they a.ssumed they were just regular old clay pots for storage, but that theory quickly went out the window since they each contain a copper rod that shows evidence of acid corrosion. Now, in case you weren't the biggest nerd in school, this means that the pots probably contained a liquid that would interact with the copper and produce an electrical charge. If true, they predate the first known modern battery by hundreds of years.

[pic - click to view]

And that's all well and good, but what the f**k were they using batteries for?

Why Can't They Solve It?

Well, it's not like we keep digging up ancient camcorders over there. Some stone reliefs called the "Dendera light" depict what some believe to be electrical arc lights, which would require something like the Baghdad Batteries to power. Others believe that theory is incredibly retarded.

More reasonable types say the batteries may have been used to electroplate items with gold. Others say medicine men could have used the batteries to shock people (giving the impression they had mystical powers or whatever).

It doesn't help that the batteries are currently located in the Baghdad Museum, which means potential researchers have a sporting chance of being blown to s**t on any given day.

Our Guess:

Take them to Egypt. Somewhere inside the Sphinx, they'll find several holes. Plug these batteries in there and the Sphinx's eyes will light up. Then it will start scooting around the desert floor making a mechanical barking sound.

[pic - click to view]

Responses:
Voynich Manuscript: Medieval Esperanto meets Lojban. Seriously, there's something that has to be Sogdian Script in there and there are hermetic spheres all over the darn thing. Chances are even the images themselves are scrambled. (And the one has nearly twenty-two maids on the horologe; that's weirdly Mayan, but could be pure coincidence.)
The Bloop: Earth hates us.
The Costa Rican Spheres: Made so that the Moai heads can play Futball. (Although to be honest, stone worship is not unusual; it was fairly commonplace among Arab tribes in the Middle East before the modern era. It was probably like kissing the Blarney stone. Add a little shine to the sucker and some luck rubs off on you.)
Antikythera Mechanism: Archimedes did some rather evil things to Romans before he got the chop. For instance, he built steampunk weaponry. The thing might have been an astronomical water clock, in all seriousness; it only took the Chinese a few hundred years to follow suit with another one, and Ptolemy designed a few while he was at it, too.)

Some of these might fall under 'obvious explanations if people didn't wig out before they hit the books.' Rongorongo on the other hand is a lost language, and is thus inscrutable, so science will never really be able to explain it.

[pic - click to view]

holy s**t

it's amazing the number of things history missed...intentionally and unintentionally
 8 years ago '05        #44
Sluggernaut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,471 | Props total: 4416 4416
 The Muffin Man said:
holy s**t

it's amazing the number of things history missed...intentionally and unintentionally
Truly. I can't imagine why they would need batteries...

I think it might have been some time of weapon or booby trap device. That's just my guess.
 05-26-2010, 04:29 AM         #45
little ms riot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I like this thread. I'll post some when I get home :dancingcool:
 05-26-2010, 11:02 PM         #46
little ms riot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Raining Blobs

[pic - click to view]

The townspeople of Oakville, Washington, were in for a surprise on August 7, 1994. Instead of their usual downpour of rain, the inhabitants of the small town witnessed countless gelatinous blobs falling from the sky. Once the globs fell, almost everyone in Oakville started to develop severe, flu-like symptoms that lasted anywhere from 7 weeks to 3 months. Finally, after exposure to the goo caused his mother to fall ill, one resident sent a sample of the blobs for testing. What the technicians discovered was shocking – the globs contained human white blood cells. The substance was then brought to the State Department of Health of Washington for further analysis. With another startling reveal, they discovered that the gelatinous blobs had two types of bacteria, one of which is found in the human digestive system. However, no one could successfully identify the blob, and how they were connected to the mysterious sickness that plagued the town.
 8 years ago '09        #47
IceyBrotha 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,926 | Props total: 0 0
This tthread is amazing..
 05-31-2010, 08:15 PM         #48
Ednyce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
what about the female mind, thats pretty unexplainable to.
 05-31-2010, 08:32 PM         #49
macadon83 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I cant find much info on your raining blobs. I call shenanigans.
 8 years ago '10        #50
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,317 | Props total: 8298 8298
 macadon83 said:
I cant find much info on your raining blobs. I call shenanigans.
Just google "raining blobs" lol
 8 years ago '08        #51
j-dub82 
space
space
$1,933 | Props total: 54 54
good read
 06-04-2010, 09:01 PM         #52
YOUNGZERO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can science explain why everyone who smokes DMT, all see the same sh*t!?!?!?
 06-04-2010, 09:16 PM         #53
little ms riot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Spontaneous Human Combustion
 8 years ago '07        #54
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,846 | Props total: 4830 4830
how to plug tha oil leak
 8 years ago '04        #55
ShaneDawg 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,773 | Props total: 0 0
 Jimmy_TwoTimes said:
These read like cracked.com articles.
my first thought
 8 years ago '04        #56
DaKidB.A.N.K.$ 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,187 | Props total: 3 3
profilingtheunexplained.com

this sight has some really weird and entertaining s**t. Some of it kinda freaked me out though lol.
 8 years ago '08        #57
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 8 8
dope thread..
 06-10-2010, 01:25 PM         #58
sandhu420 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good read :cool-smiley-009:
 8 years ago '10        #59
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,317 | Props total: 8298 8298
Hutchison Effect

[pic - click to view]

The Hutchison Effect refers to the number of eerie phenomena that occurred when inventor John Hutchison attempted to replicate a few of inventor Nickola Tesla’s experiments. Some of the strange events witnessed include levitation, fusion of objects completely different in matter (such as wood and metal), and disappearances of some smaller objects. Even stranger is that after his experiment, Hutchison was unable to repeat the project again with the same results. This experiment was so popular it even sparked the interest of NASA and the Military, both whom have failed to produce the Hutchison Effect.

Last edited by SwooshWonder; 06-10-2010 at 07:12 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #60
Big War|M 
space
space
$14,187 | Props total: 1072 1072
great read...
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
113 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
111 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
73 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
30 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
116 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy