Was Jordan forced to quit basketball cuz of gambling?

most viewed right now
NFL Punter Marquette King Allegedly Connected With Kim Kardashian
41 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thickest first lady in US history
90 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Drake Has A “whatthef#ckgotdamn” Reaction After Dapping Up A SKrippa
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Cam'ron, Andre 3k and a nigga who ain't put in enough work yet to be i..
37 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #41
PEK 11 heat pts11
space
space
$9,963 | Props total: 1085 1085
 U.B.HiRM said:
sometimes it aint about money...its about sending messages
And what message was that?
 7 years ago '09        #42
McmasterlockPt2 38 heat pts38
space
space
$12,633 | Props total: 517 517
Jordan's dad got k!lled because of him?
Posted via Mobile Device
 7 years ago '06        #43
SuppaSlick 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,611 | Props total: 804 804
 PEK said:
You shouldnt even pay attention to that s**t. They have no proof, and they do nothing to stop it. Listening to that s**t is like believing in ghosts.
True, yall need to get off the G.O.A.T's nuts
 7 years ago '08        #44
PEK 11 heat pts11
space
space
 U.B.HiRM said:
that getting involved with the wrong ppl will get you in a very bad situation...his dad just aint die out the blue man..come on...

lemme guess oj didnt do it?
conspiracy theorists.Can you please explain the point of k!lling his father using 2 idiots, instead of a good hitman. Those fools that did were clearly not professionals. Can you please try an intelligent argument or proof that actually makes sense. Where is the proof that he didnt just die out the blue, and why did those dumb a.sses basically give themselves up. It would have been asy for them to make a plea deal if they had something to give p and there's no reason why they wouldn't have.

*awaits next baseless bulls**t theory*
 7 years ago '07        #45
kyhoopsgoat 382 heat pts382
space
space
$17,083 | Props total: 1615 1615
Gambling debt k!lled his father and Stern advised Jordan to retire.
 7 years ago '07        #46
kyhoopsgoat 382 heat pts382
space
space
$17,083 | Props total: 1615 1615
For weeks, James Jordan, father of NBA star Michael Jordan, was missing. On August 5, his sports car was found stripped in North Carolina; two days earlier, his then-unidentified body had been found in a South Carolina swamp. He had died of a single bullet wound to the chest.

Those were the facts. The story, if you read between the lines of some newspaper columns and early news accounts, was this: Michael Jordan's father k!lled by mobsters because of famous son's gambling debts.

There was no evidence of such a connection, but Michael Jordan's habit of wagering large sums on golf and cards is widely known. That was enough for some columnists. Mark Whicker of the Orange County Register offered this: "For now, we just know that there is evidence of the son's gambling problem, and there is suspicion of a son's paying problem. The father of that son has been murdered. Coincidence, anyone?"

While the majority of news coverage after James Jordan's body was identified dealt only with known facts, some opinion makers flatly stated their suspicions of a link to Michael's gambling. The FBI reported that it wasn't ruling out any motive for the murder; some took that to mean the agency was investigating a gambling link. Such guesswork was encouraged by Jesse Jackson, who denounced Jordan's death as "a highly calculated gangland-type k!lling."

After two teenagers were arrested and charged with k!lling Jordan in an apparent random act of violence, San Diego Union-Tribune ombudsman Gina Lubrano scolded columnists, commentators and talk show hosts who "added two and two and came up with five... Even if the speculation had been on target, Michael Jordan deserved better." Syndicated columnist Carl Rowan called the guesswork "disgusting."

Jane Shoemaker, executive editor of the Charlotte Observer, was also dismayed. "This was a hometown story for us," she says. "It is safe to say nobody knew more than we did. So we were really shocked when we began seeing allegations on the wires, especially from the sports columnists, that made no sense in light of what facts we did have."

A week after the arrests, Michael Jordan blasted the media for "pour[ing] salt in my open wound" and suggested that those reporters who "engaged in baseless speculation and sensationalism..should cause us all to pause and examine our conscience and our basic human values."

At the Orange County Register, Whicker says he feels little remorse about what he wrote. "I wasn't evil or paranoid to be thinking these things," he says. "People react as if I said it was Michael who k!lled his father."

Reporter Scott Ostler of the San Francisco Chronicle felt much the same way, writing in an August 15 column that although "all of us who were cooking up murky theories in the death of Michael Jordan's father have to feel pretty crummy today for having turned the murder into a parlor game,..I refuse to feel chagrined for having played 'Who murdered James Jordan.' "

He gave three reasons. "One, even though the cops have a.ssured us it was those teenagers who did the deed while on a senseless spree, the suspects are still suspects. Two, for the past year Michael Jordan has carried on a one-man campaign to cast shadows all over his reputation, to link himself with gambling, crime, fibs, bad golf and really bad judgment. Three, when it comes to being intensely curious about Jordan, there is no on-off switch. You can't love the hoops part and ignore the other stuff. He is too big."

7 years ago '08        #47
PEK 11 heat pts11
space
space
Can one of you stupid a.ss conspiracy theorists at least give me a name about who had MJ's father k!lled or at least a rumor about who it was?
 7 years ago '04        #48
montalbon 
space
space
$896 | Props total: 0 0
 PEK said:
Can one of you stupid a.ss conspiracy theorists at least give me a name about who had MJ's father k!lled or at least a rumor about who it was?
We can debate all day if it was MJ's gambling that was the cause of his father's death. But my original question is-was MJ retiring when he did, then coming back a way to make things right with david stern due to his gambling? Stern's biggest priority is preserving the integrity of the game. I just feel this would've been the best way to do so. Mike wud save face and so would the league. It kinda makes since. I don't think I'm a stupid a.ss conspiracy theorist because of that.
 7 years ago '05        #49
sloppy1 13 heat pts13
space
space
$2,199 | Props total: 0 0
PEK didnt know you would get so emotional...just statin my opinion there buddy! dont cry
 7 years ago '08        #50
PEK 11 heat pts11
space
space
 montalbon said:
We can debate all day if it was MJ's gambling that was the cause of his father's death. But my original question is-was MJ retiring when he did, then coming back a way to make things right with david stern due to his gambling? Stern's biggest priority is preserving the integrity of the game. I just feel this would've been the best way to do so. Mike wud save face and so would the league. It kinda makes since. I don't think I'm a stupid a.ss conspiracy theorist because of that.
All I asked for was some kind of proof? I have received none, nor anything that even makes sense as to why he was suspended. End of discussion.
 7 years ago '08        #51
PEK 11 heat pts11
space
space
 sloppy1 said:
PEK didnt know you would get so emotional...just statin my opinion there buddy! dont cry
Just asked for proof, do you have any? or any sensible explanation?
 7 years ago '04        #52
rasheedwallace 37 heat pts37
space
space
$22,279 | Props total: 5533 5533

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '10        #53
Deelo Deniroz 20 heat pts20
space
space
$3,683 | Props total: 305 305
james jordan death was a blood sacrifice due to jordans sucess...look it up...
 7 years ago '09        #54
Vincent_Chase 25 heat pts25
space
space
$10,465 | Props total: 328 328
 Deelo Deniroz said:
james jordan death was a blood sacrifice due to jordans sucess...look it up...
this nicca with the illuminati s**t
 7 years ago '04        #55
BlznGQ 
space
space
$699 | Props total: 3 3
this was all in the book "Money Players Inside the New NBA", years ago...old news
 7 years ago '06        #56
marcusaka50 40 heat pts40
space
space
space
$26,687 | Props total: 3558 3558
I heard Jordan's dad died because of MJ's success the mob runs Las Vegas and they wasn't making any money off the games so they k!lled his father so he would quit basketball.
 7 years ago '04        #57
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 0 0
i always hears a s**tload of people sayin his pop was k!lled cuz mj refused to blow games
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside just came across this gorgeous young lady from london
42 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Niykee's Hotter Friend
56 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump is finally free
223 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
70 of the Most Useful Sites on the Interweb + Other Maybe Useful Sites
195 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside QVC out here training soccer mom's how to ride d$&k
88 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
109 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick Spanish Milf Adult Film Star(You Saving Her?)
79 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 22 Savage vs Noplug
294 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy