most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
56 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #41
awall 
space
space
space
$3,332 | Props total: 38 38
She gettin these awards because kanye.....duhhh
 02-02-2010, 03:51 PM         #42
CHRONICLE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Would be a cheap trophy if it were so weak.
 02-02-2010, 03:53 PM         #43
CHRONICLE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HHS said:
I don't know about significantly, she'd sold like 8 million between two albums before any of that happened. She has become more popular, but that probably has more to do with the awards themselves than with Kanye's interruption. Award season always boosts popularity for the winning artists. I think people here are giving Kanye too much credit, for obvious reasons (this is a Hip-Hop site first and foremost).
Kayne has a role in her winning awards and the support she's received.
 8 years ago '04        #44
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
 CHRONICLE said:
Kayne has a role in her winning awards and the support she's received.
I don't think he had anything to do with the awards.
 8 years ago '05        #45
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,782 | Props total: 4886 4886
Fair enough HHS. My thing is the people her music is made for is 12-16 year olds and the Grammy's have ever only given one artist an award for playing to do that demographic and that was X-Tina for Best New Artist. Here we go with Swift and she is playing to the same demographic and they give her album of the year. Album of the f**king year....

If it ain't Kanye at work here then I dunno what it is. There is noway they give her that award if he doesn't rally all the white people behind her...noway she wins if the President is on Kanye for doing that dumb s**t. What he did got the whole country behind her talentless a.ss. She won that particular award because everyone crowned her the princess of the music industry when Kanye did what he did. You said it yourself..she can't sing..she can't write and she dam sure can't play that f**king acoustic guitar she carries around.

She needs to amend her speech and thank Mr West.

Last edited by iggyemu; 02-02-2010 at 04:03 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #46
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,967 | Props total: 3475 3475
 iggyemu said:
Fair enough HHS. My thing is the people buying her albums are 12-16 year olds and the Grammy's have ever only given one artist an award for playing to do that demographic and that was X-Tina for Best New Artist. Here we go with Swift and she is playing to the same demographic and they give her album of the year. Album of the f**king year....

If it ain't Kanye at work here then I dunno what it is. There is noway they give her that award if he doesn't rally all the white people behind her...noway she wins if the President is on Kanye for doing that dumb s**t. What he did got the whole country behind her talentless a.ss. She won that particular award because everyone crowned her the princess of the music industry when Kanye did what he did. You said it yourself..she can't sing..she can't write and she dam sure can't play that f**king acoustic guitar she carries around.

co-sign

America (especially the celebrity world) was given him the Tiger Woods treatment for a good month and a half.
 8 years ago '04        #47
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
 iggyemu said:
Fair enough HHS. My thing is the people her music is made for is 12-16 year olds and the Grammy's have ever only given one artist an award for playing to do that demographic and that was X-Tina for Best New Artist. Here we go with Swift and she is playing to the same demographic and they give her album of the year. Album of the f**king year....

I don't buy it. She was already the biggest musical artist of 2008 and 2009, of course she was poised to be flooded with awards, and I bet a lot of the awards she won other than the Grammys already had the voting in before the Kanye incident.

Last edited by HHS; 02-02-2010 at 04:09 PM..
 02-02-2010, 04:07 PM         #48
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this girl has had a thread on the front page of the hhs for like a year. wtf is the obsession.
 8 years ago '04        #49
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
 Fly or Die said:

Check the charts, she clearly was, well probably just of 2009.

Last edited by HHS; 02-02-2010 at 04:11 PM..
 02-02-2010, 04:11 PM         #50
Kartoon05 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Gm0ney85 said:
if u make country music (and her shiit aint even country--its pop--), have kanye hate on you, and are a skinny blond white girl its easy to win grammy's--Heres why: Middle America is filled with stupid a.ss ignorant country folks who cant wait to attach they self to a skinny white girl, whose been hated on by the VERY DUDE that said they beloved BUSH doesnt care about black people....

[pic - click to view]

makes sense to me!--taylor swift ol' half retarded lookin a.ss
calm down bro it's only music
 8 years ago '05        #51
Fresh|B 976 heat pts976
space
space
$43,426 | Props total: 25061 25061
 HHS said:
I don't think he had anything to do with the awards.
....You Sure About That? After He Did That. The Spotlight Was On Taylor,Everybody Felt Bad For Her & What Happen Like She Got r*ped On Stage Or Something. This Was In The Media Heavy...Had Obama & I Believe CNN Talking About It.

The Country Music Awards Spitted On Kanye Name All The Way Thru There Award Show To Defend Taylor.

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '07        #52
NuffGanja 117 heat pts117
space
space
$35,711 | Props total: 14906 14906
 Fresh Whyte said:
....You Sure About That? After He Did That. The Spotlight Was On Taylor,Everybody Felt Bad For Her & What Happen Like She Got r*ped On Stage Or Something. This Was In The Media Heavy...Had Obama & I Believe CNN Talking About It.

The Country Music Awards Spitted On Kanye Name All The Way Thru There Award Show To Defend Taylor.

Ah man, gotta love country folk.

Carrie Underwood > Taylor Swift.
 8 years ago '04        #53
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
 Fresh Whyte said:
[b]....You Sure About That? After He Did That. The Spotlight Was On Taylor,Everybody Felt Bad For Her & What Happen Like She Got r*ped On Stage Or Something. This Was In The Media Heavy...Had Obama & I Believe CNN Talking About It.

Yes, people were upset about what Kanye did, but the importance in her popularity and awards is being overstated here because this is a Hip-Hop site, and people here weren't paying attention to her before. I don't know if she would have won three Grammys instead of four if not for Kanye, but she was clearly going to win some.
 02-02-2010, 04:19 PM         #54
yoMomma 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
her music is mediocre at best
but the girl is marketable as f**k
at the end of the day, shes just a silly young girl
like how kanye's just a dumb drunk
gaga is just a nastys.lut
and beyonce is a wetdream
its not about the music man its the persona
 8 years ago '04        #55
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
 Fly or Die said:
Lil Wayne was the best selling artist in 2008.

Taylor Swift barely edged out Susan Boyle in 2009. Don't see how that she was "clearly" the best. As much as I hate her Music Lady Gaga was obviously bigger than Taylor Swift. BEP and Miley Cyrus were also arguably bigger than her...
It's really not worth nit-picking, she had the best selling album of 2009 and strong chart success. The point is that a big awards season could be seen coming a mile away considering her commercial and critical success, so all the credit people here want to give Kanye is kind of absurd.

Last edited by HHS; 02-02-2010 at 04:25 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #56
Fresh|B 976 heat pts976
space
space
 HHS said:
Yes, people were upset about what Kanye did, but the importance in her popularity and awards is being overstated here because this is a Hip-Hop site, and people here weren't paying attention to her before. I don't know if she would have won three Grammys instead of four if not for Kanye, but she was clearly going to win some.
Popularity? Well Lady GaGa & Black Eye Peas Take That Over Taylor Now. The Excuse Of This Is A Hip Hop Site Is Not Needed,The Proof Is Out There. No One Really Heard Of This Girl Till Kanye Did What He Did.

Word Was Kanye Jump On Stage & Embrassed This Girl...What Girl? Taylor Swift,Some Country Music Singer From American Idol. I Mean Come On Even Pop Heads Barely Knew About Taylor Now. Taylor Has Kanye To Thank For The Growth Of Fame Here & For His Mistake,Artists Are Gettin Robbed For Awards Cause They Feel Sorry For Taylor Cause She Stood There & Frown Like A Kid Smack Ice Cream Out Her Hand.

If She Laughed On Stage With Kanye When This Happen,People Wouldnt Be Feeling Bad But Since She Stood On Stage & Frown Cause Kanye Was Trying Be Funny. Everybody Feeling Sorry For The Chick.
 8 years ago '04        #57
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
 Fresh Whyte said:
Popularity? Well Lady GaGa & Black Eye Peas Take That Over Taylor Now. The Excuse Of This Is A Hip Hop Site Is Not Needed,The Proof Is Out There. No One Really Heard Of This Girl Till Kanye Did What He Did.

Word Was Kanye Jump On Stage & Embrassed This Girl...What Girl? Taylor Swift,Some Country Music Singer From American Idol. I Mean Come On Even Pop Heads Barely Knew About Taylor Now. Taylor Has Kanye To Thank For The Growth Of Fame Here & For His Mistake,Artists Are Gettin Robbed For Awards Cause They Feel Sorry For Taylor Cause She Stood There & Frown Like A Kid Smack Ice Cream Out Her Hand.

If She Laughed On Stage With Kanye When This Happen,People Wouldnt Be Feeling Bad But Since She Stood On Stage & Frown Cause Kanye Was Trying Be Funny. Everybody Feeling Sorry For The Chick.
This is what I'm talking about, to say no one really heard of her until Kanye makes no sense. It's completely illogical. How do you sell millions of albums and have multiple top 10 singles with no one having heard of you? What you mean is you hadn't really heard of her, which goes back to my point about this being a Hip-Hop site, and so completely separate from her demographics.

Last edited by HHS; 02-02-2010 at 04:29 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #58
Fresh|B 976 heat pts976
space
space
 HHS said:
This is what I'm talking about, to say no one really heard of her until Kanye make no sense. How do you sell millions of records and have multiple top 10 singles with no one having heard of you? What you mean is you hadn't really heard of her, which goes back to my point about this being a Hip-Hop site, and so completely separate from her demographics.
.....Why Dudes On Here Acting They Heard Taylor Before This Kanye Thing Happen

I Heard Of The Chick But Never Knew Of The Chick. I Didnt Keep On This Chick Like You Have. Taylor Was A Normal Country Music Singer,That Was It. Your Average Country Singer...Her Fame Was There But No One Really Cared.

Every Since Kanye s**t Happen,EVERYBODY Knows Taylor Now Because Of Kanye. No Body Was Talking About This Chick Like They Was Carrie Underwood and Most Folks On Here Know Carrie. So What Makes Taylor So Special? Carrie Has Sold The Same Amount Of Records & Have Same Number Of #1 Hits....So I Ask What Makes Taylor So Special?

You Have Kanye To Thank For Having That Special Treatment She Been Getting....
 8 years ago '04        #59
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
 Fresh Whyte said:
.....Why Dudes On Here Acting They Heard Taylor Before This Kanye Thing Happen

I Heard Of The Chick But Never Knew Of The Chick. I Didnt Keep On This Chick Like You Have. Taylor Was A Normal Country Music Singer,That Was It. Your Average Country Singer...Her Fame Was There But No One Really Cared.

Every Since Kanye s**t Happen,EVERYBODY Knows Taylor Now Because Of Kanye. No Body Was Talking About This Chick Like They Was Carrie Underwood and Most Folks On Here Know Carrie. So What Makes Taylor So Special? Carrie Has Sold The Same Amount Of Records & Have Same Number Of #1 Hits....So I Ask What Makes Taylor So Special?

You Have Kanye To Thank For Having That Special Treatment She Been Getting....
I have no interest in modern pop music of any kind, so I'd heard her name in passing, but I've never heard her album, still haven't, and probably never will, but I'm not delusional either. Whether or not I followed her career has nothing to do with whether or not she was hugely popular. To look at her numbers and then deny she was popular because I didn't listen to her would be idiotic.

I haven't denied that Kanye helped her image, I'm just highly skeptical about the amount of influence some of you are giving him. People have been saying she wasn't really popular, she wouldn't have won any awards, that he made her career, but those claims don't hold up to simple reason.

Last edited by HHS; 02-02-2010 at 04:42 PM..
 02-02-2010, 04:40 PM         #60
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HHS said:
This is what I'm talking about, to say no one really heard of her until Kanye makes no sense. It's completely illogical. How do you sell millions of albums and have multiple top 10 singles with no one having heard of you? What you mean is you hadn't really heard of her, which goes back to my point about this being a Hip-Hop site, and so completely separate from her demographics.
dude you can argue with idiots. i wish this s**t would end just as much as the next guy but this is out of hand.

i think the biggest problem is people in this genre or demographic think what kanye west says means anything to anybody outside it. you think people in her genre give a f**k about kanye? kanye didnt make her popular you f**kers who never stop talking about her make her popular. i wish i didnt know her, and if it wasnt for you f**kers i wouldnt.

just face it, this b**ch so popular she gets on front page of the hhs for over a year, or whatever the timeframe is, too f**king long if you ask me.

Last edited by Ni2; 02-02-2010 at 04:48 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
84 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
241 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
300 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
That 8mile soundtrack had some classic jams for real
36 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
95 comments
19 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
29 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
77 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
113 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy