most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
147 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
266 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-01-2010, 08:59 PM         #1
8970 pageviews
4 comments

space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Help!! 2003 Acura 3.2 TL Headlight Q

Whats up Guys,

About a month ago I noticed my from right headlight turning a pinkish colour. I figured I needed to buy a new bulb. About 2 weeks passed by and it started to flicker on and off, and now it is totally gone. I called the Acura dealerhsip and they said that the HID bulb for my car is 220$ plus another 120 to install it, which is completely insane!

When I went in, I spoke with a service guy who told me that it could be a problem with the bulb, or it could be a problem with the igniters I think he said. He said that the igniters could be $1,000 to fix, my mouth dropped @ that.

The parts guy suggested that I switch the bulbs to see if it is in fact a problem with the bulb (take the bulb out the left, and put it into the right to see if it works). If that doesnt work then it is a problem with the igniters.

I havent gotten around to doing this yet (very busy w/ school 7 work) but my question is, should it in fact need a new bulb, is there anywhere in which I can purchase this bulb (online or Toronto area) for a substantially lower price? I've noticed a couple ebay listings that have em for about 40$ but I'm a little weary that it may be a wrong model or they may not even work correctly.

If anyone could point me in the direction of where I cold acquire a bulb for my right headlight, it would be greatly appreciated.

4 comments for "Help!! 2003 Acura 3.2 TL Headlight Q"

8 years ago '05        #2
NomiS 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,121 | Props total: 28 28
exact same thing happened to me and its the bulb and u can not use any other bulb and it was like 200 something for me to change it bro .. theres nothing u can do cause if u wanna use another bulb ull need a kit and that cost more to change the bulb ... it comes with the territory..and do not try to change the bulb ur self!

Last edited by NomiS; 02-01-2010 at 09:18 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #3
NomiS 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,121 | Props total: 28 28
and to answer ur question .. no I tried to find cheapers ones too .. and those cheap ones cause mess up ur igniters/socket
 8 years ago '06        #4
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
Yeah when it comes to s**t like HID lights they are made one way and made to last a long time. I would take it to a dealership and have them install the new bulb.
 8 years ago '04        #5
xxxboboxxx 2 heat pts
space
space
$335 | Props total: 0 0
dude hit up acurazine.com ... i got a tl also, same username on there... plenty of helpful information and youll be able to get it fixed in no time, yourself for under $200, ignitor or bulb or ballast... read up, tons of info over there

forgoet about the dealership.... you can change bulbs and or ignitors yourself in 20 mins in your driveway... very easy to do, done it plenty of times myself.... trust me you'll thank me later

oh an everything above is false... cheaper bulbs will NOT mess up the ballasts/ ignitors... new pair of bulbs can be had for under $100... heres my ride to prove i know what im talkin bout

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by xxxboboxxx; 02-02-2010 at 01:08 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
69 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
195 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
79 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
216 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
50 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
22 comments
20 hours ago