The OFFICIAL Apple iTablet/iPad/iSlate/Tabloid + Other Apple Products Event Thread [1/27/2010]

most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
64 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
248 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
19 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
407 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 8 years ago '04        #101
mr_underground|m 1965 heat pts1965
space
space
$22,746 | Props total: 28400 28400
Im not really interested in the ipad and I do think is apple worst product to date...but! Apple has great designs and marketing, so buying Apple = coolness. Their products are based on cool looks and user friendly experiences. All of Apples stuff works very simply and its hard to get confused. I almost have all of the Apple products hardware and software except the ipad. This is the only one im not so impressed with because I don't know how im going to use it. Its to big for my pocket so I can't just whip it out like I would the iphone and play with it under the table....I have an iphone and ipod so I don't need apps or music. If I want to read books i would get the kindle because it supports pdf and most of my ebook collection is pdf, so i would never use the ibook store.

It really has no advantages for me...

HP could f**k up as well. Because they might have cheaped out and created a touch screen using the touch features of windows 7 and not a custom one. So if thats the case the user experience of the HP slate could be some s**t and the ipad would be the victor because its fun to use. So I have to wait and see how HP's device will work.

I have no use for either. The only thing I can use is the kindle.

And... I don't think Microsoft's device is gonna do well, its to much s**t going on and, if it folds it would be glass on glass which can't be good. When all of these tablet devices come out, Apple's simplicity might win for those who want a device like these. But I still can't figure out who would need one, and why.

Also, Apple lets the developers do most of the work now, so who knows how the ipad may develop.

Last edited by mr_underground; 01-30-2010 at 04:50 PM..
 01-31-2010, 08:12 PM         #102
Born Supreme  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
big a.ss iphone
 8 years ago '05        #103
dmunson318 
space
space
$8,053 | Props total: 789 789
 Born Supreme said:
big a.ss iphone
dont u dare throw iphone under the bus like that. thats like calling kindrick perkins a big a.ss lil pimp hand because he's always frowning
 8 years ago '04        #104
mtbatol 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,698 | Props total: 1156 1156
 mr_underground said:
HP could f**k up as well. Because they might have cheaped out and created a touch screen using the touch features of windows 7 and not a custom one. So if thats the case the user experience of the HP slate could be some s**t and the ipad would be the victor because its fun to use. So I have to wait and see how HP's device will work.
I'd be intrigued on how Win 7's native touch features work and wouldn't be so quick to point @ that as being a -bad- thing, if anything it could be a very good thing if/when implimented.

I toyed with a couple Win 7 machines so far (fullsize laptop and a netbook) & left with good impressions that ish could be thoro'ly dope when tweeked further for the Slate. May not be a device I'd be eyeing on (a heavier duty one with Win 7 Pro would be my preference) but ish would be a iller buy when compared to the Max iPad.

One thing I would have to give Apple props on is that at least they made something that'll destroy the Kindle delivering a multimedia device starting @ a similar price - but they'll need to come more correct to say that they're bringing it to Netbooks. OSX would be the OS to do it and that was probably never a factor due to how Apple priced themselves to where an OSX pad would be startin 300 more bucks at least.
 02-01-2010, 08:36 PM         #105
codeine  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mr_underground said:
Im not really interested in the ipad and I do think is apple worst product to date...but! Apple has great designs and marketing, so buying Apple = coolness. Their products are based on cool looks and user friendly experiences. All of Apples stuff works very simply and its hard to get confused. I almost have all of the Apple products hardware and software except the ipad. This is the only one im not so impressed with because I don't know how im going to use it. Its to big for my pocket so I can't just whip it out like I would the iphone and play with it under the table....I have an iphone and ipod so I don't need apps or music. If I want to read books i would get the kindle because it supports pdf and most of my ebook collection is pdf, so i would never use the ibook store.

It really has no advantages for me...

I have no use for either. The only thing I can use is the kindle.

And... I don't think Microsoft's device is gonna do well, its to much s**t going on and, if it folds it would be glass on glass which can't be good. When all of these tablet devices come out, Apple's simplicity might win for those who want a device like these. But I still can't figure out who would need one, and why.

Also, Apple lets the developers do most of the work now, so who knows how the ipad may develop.
to date???
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
221 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
52 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
65 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy