The OFFICIAL Apple iTablet/iPad/iSlate/Tabloid + Other Apple Products Event Thread [1/27/2010]

most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
50 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
241 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
393 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
14 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #41
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
no contract though.
 8 years ago '05        #42
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,179 | Props total: 11743 11743
9.7 inch screen. 10 hour battery life.

IPTIB Blog
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by THEINFAMOUS; 01-27-2010 at 04:29 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #43
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '09        #44
McmasterlockPt2 41 heat pts41
space
space
$12,908 | Props total: 838 838
 hockeythug said:

[pic - click to view]

: rofl:
 01-27-2010, 01:31 PM         #45
domo360206  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ill wait tell next year to get the updated version with a camera.
 8 years ago '09        #46
McmasterlockPt2 41 heat pts41
space
space
$12,908 | Props total: 838 838
I want a f**king ipod touch with a camera
 8 years ago '06        #47
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,979 | Props total: 4001 4001
Like a friend of mine said, it's just an oversized iPhone... might as well carry a laptop. :sleepy:
 8 years ago '04        #48
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
Need to get these in the Apple store so I can go try it out. Kinda on the fence about it.
 8 years ago '06        #49
rag621 
space
space
$8,260 | Props total: 0 0
 hockeythug said:

[pic - click to view]

Damn, all Apple products are severely overpriced. They tripping, but people will buy it.

I was a fool to buy that $400+ Touch 2 years ago, but if it wasn't for jailbreaking, I would've got rid of that bare a.ss thing.
 8 years ago '04        #50
Texas 
space
space
$1,058 | Props total: 1 1
No fence for me. no thank you. Giant a.ss iphone.

Apple takes a rare L
 01-27-2010, 02:28 PM         #51
domo360206  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it cant multitask LOL!!!!!

wtf. my droid is more powerful then this s**t.

what computer cant multitask? this one! lol

so no cam and no running more then one app at a time. this is failure. if somebody buys this there buying it just to show off and look cool.

most underpowered/over priced s**t i have seen. this is post to be a touchscreen computer. and it cant multitask. should of put mac os on it and not iphone os.
 8 years ago '04        #52
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
The redesigned apps for this thing do look pretty sweat. The apps that people come up with will be awesome as well. Cant wait till this gets jailbroke.

Last edited by hockeythug; 01-27-2010 at 03:00 PM..
 01-27-2010, 02:43 PM         #53
WorldsStrangest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

had a longer video but it got deleted :(

get more links, pics, and vids on my blogpage

"Meh, it's Apple. Love the idea, hate the price, hate the software even more. I'll wait til somebody does it cheaper and better."
 8 years ago '07        #54
ptwist 43 heat pts43
space
space
$16,099 | Props total: 6302 6302
Lack of isight is going to hurt them.

It wouldve been cool to do live anywhere anytime video chatting ...blogging with this. It'll compensate at the very least for the lack of communication via phone.

The features look cool though and it looks smooth as hell. We'll have to wait and see when i get an up close look of it.
 8 years ago '05        #55
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
the first one of anything with thes guys usually misses several things...next year
 8 years ago '05        #56
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
word though no USB ports?
 01-27-2010, 03:56 PM         #57
Don Peru  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WorldsStrangest said:

had a longer video but it got deleted :(

get more links, pics, and vids on my blogpage

"Meh, it's Apple. Love the idea, hate the price, hate the software even more. I'll wait til somebody does it cheaper and better."

NEVER trust a man that wears jeans with no belt
 8 years ago '05        #58
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,179 | Props total: 11743 11743
12:00: Waiting for news that the event has started.

12:01: Steve Jobs is on stage.

12:02: He's talking retail stores and number of iPods sold. Apparently, 250 million since 2001. Wow. 250 million. Who would have ever imagined?!?

12:04: Talking about mobile devices - iPods, iPhones, laptops.

12:05 - as per usual, the first few minutes are all about reminiscing and looking back. Amazing that the iPhone has been around for 3 years!!

12:07 - the magical question. Is there room for something between a laptop and a smartphone. Glad you asked, Steve Jobs. This blogger certainly thinks there is.

12:08 - Steve says that if the device isn't better than a laptop or smartphone for the tasks at hand, "it has no reason for being." We'll soon find out what the tasks are.

12:11 - it seems to be called the iPad. I was hoping for any other name than iPad. This thing is beautiful. Working on getting photos. It's gorgeous. Virtual keyboard. It's amazing.

12:13 - I'm typing as fast as I can - the address book is beautiful - the whole experience looks amazing. Email in a vertical iPhone like strip so it fits with other things. There's an iPhone like dock at the bottom with room for more icons. I'm blown away.

12:15: It's truly a cross between a MacBook and an iPhone. The photo gallery is beautiful - like iPhoto but so much better - maybe the look will end up in the new iLife 2010? Not sure, but hopefully.

12:17 - let me just say that I can totally see myself reading a book or a newspaper on this thing. It's big but not too big and it makes the kindle look like a toy from 1987.

12:20 - typing looks awesome because you can use it flat - so that means that while you can hold it like an iPhone, you can just tap on it. Sorry if you were looking for an actual physical keyboard. While that might be an option later, it appears as though this is meant to be a virtual experience.

12:22 - other tidbits - can sync between mac and Pc. The menus seem to pop down from the top. The keyboard is big and roomy - nothing like the small iPhone, although similar in style.

12:25 - some other bloggers are saying this and I concur - it's like a large iPhone but it does more. The operating system is much more tailored to a bigger device. So far I havent' seen anything the iPad can't do that my MacBook pro can.

12:27 - I hope the name grows on us. In 2001, we all laughed at iPod, but 250 million later, we love it. iPad just seems unnatural, but you know what - it's a pad, not a tablet. Maybe that's a great way to look at it.

12:29- .5 inches thin. - that's half an inch - 9.7 inches - I'll round up and say I was right in predicting 10 :-)

12:30 more details: 16, 32 or 64 GB. 802.11n, WiFi, bluetooth, speaker, microphone, accelerometer, battery life of 10 hours. Processor speed 1GHz. **NO MENTION OF 3G. Interesting. Just Wi-Fi ... at least so far.

12:32 Steve says it will run pretty much all apps as is now - you can use a button to double the size. More on that later when I can find out what it means. Just trying to get it all and digest it.

12:34 - the battery is built in - sorry if anyone thought Apple would change that. Just not going to happen.

12:34 - most interesting thing so far to me is that there doesn't seem to be any 3G. It's Wi-Fi only unless Steve is saving it for later. I really thought there was going to be some sort of cellular partnership. That clearly means there's an iPhone in Verizon's future.

12:36 - they are demoing some games now. 3D. I can only imagine the gaming potential of this thing. I'm already amazed at gaming on the iPod touch and iPhone - this is just the next logical step. Sitting at a coffee shop in a comfy chair with this thing on my lap? Yep. Just me and my iPad. I still need time to get used to that. iPad. Pad. iPad. I'll get there.

12:38 - There will be a place in the app store for iPad apps.

12:39- sadly not a single mention yet of price. I'm a little worried folks because without a cellular tie-in, Steve might come in too high. If he comes in at $999, I really worry, no matter how powerful it is. I really want to see $599 for the 16Gb and $799 at the max, but I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed.

12:41 - The New York Times is there to demo the specific app - if this is the future of newspapers, I'm interested - breaking news alert on an iPad? Yep. Real.

12:44 - sync between the iPad and the iPhone app - for the New York Times. Never be without the news. That's pretty impressive folks. Almost as impressive as someone putting a microphone on me for TV while I type :-)

12:46 - embed video right within the story - so embeddable video in any app is pretty sweeet.

12:47 - There's an art browser app - can you imagine if you could draw something and hang this on the wall? Talk about your digital photo frame.

12:48 - other gaming companies about to do demos as well.

12:49 - things that are missing so far, besides knowing the price, include any mention of a camera and cellular service. I don't think there will be a camera - that would be a nice feature, but it doesn't seem that way. And I'm really hoping it's not $1,000. Really hoping - not just for me, but for Apple in general.

12:51 - here's a link to some photos that our social media intern Katie Rogers put together from around the Interwebs.

12:54 - Apple introducing new app called iBooks - it's better than a Kindle already. Steve Jobs said they are going to go further than Amazon. Definitely from what I've seen.

12:55 Now we're talking about iWork - which is Apple's answer to the Microsoft Office suite - the idea of word processing using an iPad seems absolutely amazing in every way.

12:56 - it's just like the desktop experience. There's Keynote for powerpoints and Pages for word and numbers for Excel - and it looks fantastic.

1:02 The price is still the outstanding thing. But so far clearly I'd rather have one of these than a Macbook - at least right now.

1:05 - by the way, you can turn it on its side and get a bigger keyboard - like an iPhone but clearly a bigger keyboard.

1:09 - all caught up now. Steve Jobs is still talking about iWork - specifically the Numbers app. We can't be too far away from the price - it's always toward the end.

1:10 - it is possible that there will be a cellular carrier added later but I'm just guessing at this point - it doesn't need to have anything other than Wi-Fi, but everyone was pretty sure it would be more robust in terms of wireless capabilities.

1:12 - the syncing is done over USB - I'm always hoping for Wi-Fi sync but not yet, I guess. Soon, though. Same like an iPhone - you can backup exactly.

1:13 - there will be 3G versions. Steve Jobs says there will be 2 plans - $14.99 for 250 MB of data. I really want more data than that. Unlimited plan for $30. It's a deal with AT&T. Great. AT&T. Well, let's see how they handle this.

1:14 - free use of AT&T Wi-Fi. Thank goodness. OH THIS IS GREAT - Prepay. No contract. Cancel anytime. $29 a month. That's great!!!

1:15 - It seems to be an unlocked version. New GSM micro-SIM. This is looking great for those of you that hate cellular contracts - like I do.

1:18 - price is .... drum roll please ... it's not $999 .... $499!!!

$499

1:20 - $130 more for 3G. $499 for 16GB, $599 for 32GB and $699 for 64Gb plus $130 for 3G. Ships in 60 days.

1:23 - I feel good about this - I love the fact that it's $499 to start. I wasn't expecting the extra $130 for a 3G model, but the fact that I can prepay and not have another contract is huge. And I have choices. $499 is pretty fair. I'd be very happy with a Wi-Fi only version of this. What about you?

1:25 - and the keyboard dock is great. This thing is just amazingly designed. I wish it had a camera for videochat, but you know what, I'm ok with it. Maybe down the road. Also wish there was flash because we'll need it for Web surfing.

1:27 - no camera, LED backlighting.

1:28 - looks like this is the end of the big news - still keeping track in case that's not the case - and I'll be posting to the blog and rounding things up in the evening - and trying to catch up on your comments and your tweets.

1:32 - waiting to see if there's any more.

1:34 - nope. The event is over. It was pretty awesome in my opinion.

If there are things that you want to know, please leave me comments and I promise I will get back to you in the evening. I have a day of meetings coming up but I'm going to answer all the comments and tweets over at @iptib

NOTHING about the new iPhone. at a dam iPhone XL

Video:

Last edited by THEINFAMOUS; 01-27-2010 at 04:27 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #59
poeknock 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,727 | Props total: 157 157
....WACKJUICE!!!
 8 years ago '05        #60
killacali86 
space
space
$2,154 | Props total: 18 18
this is a poor investment if any1 buys it.

/
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
51 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
220 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
194 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
63 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy