Andre Ward vs Allan Green[6-19-10][SHOWTIME]

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
46 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
230 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
156 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
67 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Winner
Ward by KO 0 0%
Ward by UD 3 60.00%
Draw 0 0%
Green by KO 2 40.00%
Green by UD 0 0%
Voters: 5. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #42
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9

[pic - click to view]

Allan Green was 23-0 and steaming his way toward a super middleweight title shot as one of boxing's hottest contenders when he was seriously derailed by a unanimous decision loss to Edison Miranda in March 2007.

Making his HBO debut on a Miguel Cotto undercard, Green had dropped Miranda in the eighth round but didn't have the energy to put him away. Miranda stormed back to drop Green twice in the 10th and final round and came away with a clear unanimous decision.

A few months later, Green had 85 percent of his colon removed because of an ongoing problem he had been dealing with even before the Miranda f!ght. Clearly Green should not have fought Miranda, but he didn't pull out because of the opportunity to f!ght on HBO. Green has maintained he was not even at 50 percent strength for the f!ght, yet he made it to the final bell and had his moments.

Green is 6-0 since the loss, but it's taken him three years to get back into position to f!ght for a world title, which he'll do against Andre Ward on Saturday (Showtime, 10 p.m. ET/PT) at the Oracle Arena in Ward's hometown of Oakland, Calif.

Super Six Scoreboard

Standings for Showtime's Super Six World Boxing Classic. The final bout of three Group Stage 2 bouts takes place Saturday with the Ward-Green f!ght in Oakland. f!ghters are awarded three points for a knockout win, two points for a decision win, one point for a draw and no points for a loss. The top four f!ghters advance to the semifinals following the three-f!ght Group Stage 3, which begins in the fall:
Record f!ghter Points
1-1 Arthur Abraham 3
1-0 Andre Ward 2
1-1 Mikkel Kessler 2
1-1 Carl Froch 2
1-1 Andre Dirrell 2
0-0 *Allan Green 0
* Green replaced Jermain Taylor, who withdrew after Group Stage 1.
The bout, the final one of Group Stage 2 of the Super Six World Boxing Classic modified round-robin tournament, marks Green's debut in the event.

Getting into the tournament was not easy. Green came on board as an alternate to replace Jermain Taylor, who was knocked out by Arthur Abraham in the first stage in the fall before formally withdrawing earlier this year.

Green (29-1, 20 KOs) was miffed that he wasn't among the original inclusions in the tournament, which also includes Ward, Abraham, Mikkel Kessler, Carl Froch and Andre Dirrell.

Before the tournament was put together, Green and Taylor fought on the same Showtime card. Taylor was knocked out in the 12th round by Froch in the main event, while Green destroyed Carlos De Leon Jr. in two rounds on the undercard.

But Taylor, the former middleweight champion, was a much bigger name and he got in when Showtime put the event together.

"I think I belonged in the tournament originally," said Green, 30, of Tulsa, Okla. "As far as Dirrell goes, I don't think he was ready. The thing I didn't understand was Jermain Taylor getting into the tournament. No offense against Jermain, but we fought on the same show and I won my f!ght and he lost his f!ght. I got pushed back to [Showtime's lower-level series] 'ShoBox,' and he got put into the tournament. That's what I didn't understand."

But now Green is in, although he comes into the tournament at a bit of a disadvantage when he faces Ward (21-0, 13 KOs), who is making his first title defense.

Without the benefit of a Group Stage 1 bout, Green has zero points. He needs to pick up the two points that go with winning (three if he scores a knockout) if he is to have a reasonable shot at making the semifinals following Group Stage 3. Ward will clinch a semifinal berth with a victory.

"I'm not coming into this tournament thinking about points," said Green, who will face titleholder Kessler in his next f!ght regardless of Saturday's outcome. "I'm thinking about victories. With victories come points. I don't want to put any more pressure on myself than I already have. The only points I'm worried about are the points in the f!ght. And that's up to the judges. So I can't worry about that. I can't put pressure on myself like that."

Ward has two points based on his title win in the opening round against Kessler, who claimed another title by beating Froch in the second stage.

Even though Ward, the betting favorite to win the tournament, is positioned well in the standings, he's a fanatical trainer and said he is not taking Green lightly.

"I think a lot of people think I'm coming in here really well rested and really enjoying the fact that I've got a championship," Ward said. "But it's been all work. For me, I try to say as little as possible before a f!ght. I'm not going to stand there and get pushed down or get bullied. but at the end of the day I just shut my mouth, work hard and take care of business. So that's what I plan on doing."

7 years ago '05        #43
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,058 | Props total: 984 984
strong praise

Ward shows flashes of Sugar Ray Leonard

By Kevin Iole, Yahoo! Sports
Jun 17, 10:05 pm EDT

Andre Ward is set to become the best boxer in the business in about a year.

In a year or so, when Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao have retired for good, when the Super Six World Boxing Classic is history, when the boxing world is craving another superstar, Andre Ward will be sitting atop the pound-for-pound rankings, looking unbeatable, and people are going to scratch their heads and ask themselves, “How in the heck did this easy-going, soft-spoken guy get here?”

Ward has always been a kind of an under-the-radar guy. He earned perhaps the most low-profile boxing gold medal in U.S. history when he won the light heavyweight division in 2004 in Athens.

Oscar De La Hoya became a national icon for capturing gold in 1992. David Reid won a world title in just his 10th professional bout after winning gold in Atlanta in 1996. Ward, however, has been known as much for his faith and his congenial nature as he is for his boxing prowess. His nickname is not the typical boxing moniker. It’s S.O.G., which is short for Son of God.

But sometime next year, when Ward is clearly, decisively, the top dog in boxing, his f!ght with Allan Green may be viewed as a turning point in his career.

Ward will meet the power-punching Green in the final bout of the super middleweight tournament’s Group Stage II on Saturday at Oracle Arena in Oakland, Calif., in a card televised live on Showtime.

Green is 29-1 with 20 knockouts and a reputation as a ferocious puncher. He’s the pit bull of the division – an angry, ornery guy with a bite bigger than his very loud bark.

Ward, who is 21-0 with 13 knockouts and holds the World Boxing a.ssociation belt, has a reputation as a pretty boy coming into the f!ght.

“For some reason,” Ward said placidly, “I live like a lamb before my f!ghts.”

He won’t leave with a reputation as a pretty boy, however, if his brazen pre-f!ght words are any indicator. If Green wants a f!ght, he’s going to get one from Ward.

“If he [Green] has a chip on his shoulder, then that makes two of us,” Ward said. “I’ve been away from my family for a long time. I’m a bit irritable. He’s desperate to win, but I want to keep my title. I don’t know if it’s now or if it’s later, but I know eventually I’m going to get respect for the dog that’s in me and for the bite down that I have.

“It’s about going out there and taking care of my business. I expect him to have a chip on his shoulder because I definitely have one on mine. It’s just go time. At some point, the talking just stops and it’s about just showing up. If Allan Green beats me, I’ll take my hat off to him. I don’t make excuses. And I expect the same from him if I beat him. What I’m prepared for is a dog f!ght. I’m prepared for anything he’s got.”

Ward’s trainer, Virgil Hunter, said Green’s incessant trash talk will come back to haunt him after he sees that Ward is more than the polite, soft-spoken young man he is at most public appearances.

Ward hasn’t had to show his gnarly side because he’s been so much more gifted than everyone he’s fought. But if Green can push him, he’ll be surprised by what he finds, Hunter insisted.

“This is the first time he’s going to find out how violent Andre really is,” Hunter said. “Everything we do, we do with speed. If he stays where he is in the speed zone, he’s going to get chewed up. We are going to find out who has the dynamite in the fists.”

One of the reasons that Sugar Ray Leonard, a gold medal winner in Montreal 28 years before Ward, was such a beloved figure was that beneath the glitz and glamour, he was a hard-nosed, scrappy f!ghter.

When Leonard was faced with a f!ght – one in which he couldn’t win by dancing around his opponent and utilizing his speed and quickness – he got down into the trenches and he fought.

Ward has shown many of those similar traits, albeit in small bursts. Most of the time, he has overwhelmed his outclassed opponents and, as he calls it, the dog in him has barely been noticed.

But when the competition level has increased, he hasn’t just beaten guys like Edison Miranda and Mikkel Kessler – he’s dominated them.

If he gets into the trenches and dominates a legitimate tough guy like Green on national television, it’s going to be a major step in his development as a f!ghter and in the public’s appreciation of his myriad talents.

He’s an even-keel guy and isn’t one to unduly bring attention upon himself, but expect him to gain that attention by his performance against Green.

“To quote John Wooden, I don’t let the praises of the people, or the criticism, get to me because it’s a weakness to get caught up in either one,” Ward said. “I appreciate the praises of the people. I honor that, I thank them for that. And those people who have a lot of negative things to say about me – even my opponent, his coach, his team – that’s fine.

“I’m locked in on what I have to do. f!ght in and f!ght out. I’ve sacrificed a lot for this moment. I’ve sacrificed my wife, my kids, and they’ve sacrificed a lot, too. …’ I don’t think people realize what’s inside of me and what kind of focus I have.”

Perhaps not.

But after his f!ght with Green, a lot more people are going to recognize Ward’s immense talent.

And a year – maybe 18 months – from now, when Ward is widely acclaimed as the best f!ghter in the world, just remember where you heard it first.
 7 years ago '06        #44
space
space

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

On Saturday night at the Oracle Arena in Oakland, California, Andre Ward (21-0, 13KOs) will defend his WBA super middleweight title against Allan Green (29-1, 20KOs) in the final bout of the second stage in the Super Six Boxing Classic. The f!ght will be televised by Showtime. Both f!ghters made weight with ease and looked to be in great shape. Ward went the scale and came in at 167 3/4-pounds, while Green was a cut and ready 166-pounds.

FULL WEIGHTS

Andre Ward (167 3/4 lbs.) Allan Green (166 lbs.)

Steve Upsher Chambers (144 lbs.) Hector Alatorre (142 1/2 lbs.)

Michael Ruiz Jr. (117 1/2 lbs.) Juan Tepoz (118 lbs.)

Mark Tucker (175 1/2 lbs.) Billy Baily (175 lbs.)

Alexander Podrezov (144 lbs.) John Dunham (142 lbs.)

Willie Nelson (148 lbs.) Jesse Feliciano (149 lbs.)
 7 years ago '06        #45
space
space

[video - click to view]

The judges for Ward-Green are Glenn Feldman (Connecticut) , Marty Sammon (California) and Alfredo Polanco (Mexico). The referee is Raul Caiz, Sr.
 7 years ago '06        #46
space
space
who's tuning in?
 7 years ago '04        #47
LordBlanco|M 50 heat pts50
space
space
$35,024 | Props total: 19616 19616
I know everybody got Ward... its the right decision... I do like Allan but after that f!ght with Miranda where he got his spirit taken... I dont know... Should be a good one but I can def see Ward with that UD
 7 years ago '05        #48
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,734 | Props total: 12552 12552
I actually got Allen Green taking this one, if he's focused I think he's the best in the division personally.. But I like both f!ghters, but I f**ks with Green so I'm going to ride with my dude..

This f!ght is featuring the two best f!ghters in this tourney if you ask me..

Last edited by Hold That; 06-19-2010 at 05:38 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #49
LordBlanco|M 50 heat pts50
space
space
$35,024 | Props total: 19616 19616
 Hold That said:
I actually got Allen Green taking this one, if he's focused I think he's the best in the division personally.. But I like both f!ghters, but I f**ks with Green so I'm going to ride with my dude..
See I feel that way too... Green is bad a.ss but if he faces a guy like Abraham who doesnt have the skill set but has the power and can intimidate you.... That guy demolished Miranda.... Imagine what Green will feel... or maybe he knows that and wants to prove to the world that the f!ght with Miranda was a fluke and hes a changed f!ghter. Tonight will tell us everything.
 7 years ago '06        #50
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
Okay, I've seen both of these f!ghters in boxing matches and i really just wanted to know who yall see winning this match tonight? And, if Andre Ward f!ghting in his hometown will be the favorite for that reason.
 7 years ago '05        #51
space
space
 TanstA! said:
See I feel that way too... Green is bad a.ss but if he faces a guy like Abraham who doesnt have the skill set but has the power and can intimidate you.... That guy demolished Miranda.... Imagine what Green will feel... or maybe he knows that and wants to prove to the world that the f!ght with Miranda was a fluke and hes a changed f!ghter. Tonight will tell us everything.
yeah he demolished Miranda but Green was going through alot of s**t outside of the ring, and his head wasn't in that f!ght at all..

Can't wait for this f!ght because I'm broken between whom I want to root for, but I'm picking Green for the simple fact that I've been riding with him after I seen this in 2004..

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '06        #52
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
 NOCCOWT said:
what speed and power is green talkin bout? this is an easier f!ght for ward,taylor would've been more of a problem
Have you ever watched any of Green matches before? He does have knock out power but i will give the speed to Ward. Should be a interesting match though. Like they say styles make f!ghts.
 7 years ago '05        #53
space
space
There's not a question about who has the better hand speed, that goes to Ward easily, at the same time Green hands arent exactly slow, and his defense is not the best either, but once he gets his hands on you he's usually knocking his opponent the f**k down.. So we'll see how it plays out, this will show us just how good Wards chin is if Green is able to catch him..
 7 years ago '05        #54
MlLkMan 
space
space
$4,246 | Props total: 40 40
easy UD or late TKO for ward.
 7 years ago '05        #55
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,058 | Props total: 984 984
no, yall are buying the Green hype? 9-3 for Ward
 7 years ago '05        #56
space
space
 Sizzler01 said:
no, yall are buying the Green hype? 9-3 for Ward
green hype? Everyone has him losing.. Except me..
 7 years ago '06        #57
kmstokes 
space
space
$10,712 | Props total: 1783 1783
what time does this come on? I don't see anything about it
 7 years ago '06        #58
space
space
 kmstokes said:
what time does this come on? I don't see anything about it
10pm...showtime

and to whoever said green and ward are the best in the tourney...its ward and dirrell who are the best actually
 7 years ago '05        #59
Suavebeatz 32 heat pts32
space
space
$10,321 | Props total: 14093 14093
I like Andre Ward too win the whole tournament, hes becoming more and more impressive with each bout.
 7 years ago '05        #60
killacali86 
space
space
$2,154 | Props total: 18 18
any links? i cant find any
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
25 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
50 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
62 comments
2 days ago