Andre Ward vs Allan Green[6-19-10][SHOWTIME]

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
24 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
52 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Winner
Ward by KO 0 0%
Ward by UD 3 60.00%
Draw 0 0%
Green by KO 2 40.00%
Green by UD 0 0%
Voters: 5. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #1
6374 pageviews
127 comments

STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
Andre Ward vs Allan Green[6-19-10][SHOWTIME]

[pic - click to view]

Vote:

[pic - click to view]

http://slumz.boxden.com/f .. green-1376019/

Last edited by STILL.DETOX; 06-18-2010 at 06:36 PM..

127 comments for "Andre Ward vs Allan Green[6-19-10][SHOWTIME]"

8 years ago '06        #2
NOCCOWT 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,481 | Props total: 258 258
what speed and power is green talkin bout? this is an easier f!ght for ward,taylor would've been more of a problem
 01-26-2010, 12:04 PM         #3
Sangria1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
whoa!!!!!!!!
 8 years ago '06        #4
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space
Ward puts off defense due to ailing knee

Super middleweight titleholder Andre Ward's surgically repaired right knee has been giving him problems, forcing him to postpone his first defense against Allan Green on Monday.

The f!ght, part of Showtime's Super Six World Boxing Classic, had been scheduled for April 24 in Ward's hometown of Oakland, Calif.

"I want this f!ght in the worst way, and am very excited about it. I have been having recurring problems with my right knee," Ward said. "I went to camp and tried for a week and a half to two weeks, and I can't run like I'm supposed to. I want Allan Green to get an Andre Ward that's 100 percent, just like I want an Allan Green that is 100 percent."

Green said his physician, Dr. Warren King, who is also the orthopedic surgeon for the Oakland Raiders, is recommending four to six weeks of rehab and rest.

8 years ago '07        #5
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,091 | Props total: 30415 30415
F**K!!!

Right when I was convinced that the knew problem was a thing of the past.... over and done with.... fully recovered, THIS SH*T GOES AND HAPPENS!!!

This was the ONLY thing I was worried about with Ward.
 8 years ago '06        #6
StudiosConnect' 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,627 | Props total: 0 0
Shame expecting to see the adamek and showtime f!ght same night...

Ward gonna need that extra time to prepare for green :)
 8 years ago '05        #7
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12560 12560
This is pretty f**ked up because I like both f!ghters honestly.. Too early in the tourney for either two of my favs taking L's going against each other.. Wanted to see them blemish another euro boxer first..
 8 years ago '06        #8
space
space
Andre Ward-Allan Green Set For June 19 in Oakland

[pic - click to view]

NEW YORK–-A new date of Saturday, June 19, has been set for the Super Six World Boxing Classic showdown between undefeated World Boxing a.ssociation (WBA) 168-pound champion Andre Ward (20-0, 13 KOs) and world-ranked contender “Sweetness” Allan Green (29-1, 20 KOs), Ken Hershman, Executive Vice President and General Manager, SHOWTIME Sports®, formally announced today.

The f!ght is co-promoted by Goossen Tutor Promotions and DiBella Entertainment and will be televised live on SHOWTIME beginning at 10 p.m. ET/PT from the Oracle Arena in Ward’s hometown of Oakland, Calif.

Ward will be making the first defense of the WBA belt he won on a convincing, 11th-round technical decision over Mikkel Kessler in their Super Six World Boxing Classic opener. Ward has emerged as a favorite following his performance and is currently listed as a 1:1 favorite by USA Today sports analyst Danny Sheridan.

Green, of Tulsa, Okla., replaced fellow American Jermain Taylor in the Super Six World Boxing Classic in January. A winner of six consecutive f!ghts, Green enters the tournament with zero points heading into Group Stage 2. The championship bout marks the first time since Tommy Morrison in 1993 that an Oklahoman has been involved in a world championship f!ght.

8 years ago '06        #9
space
space
Love Allan Green confidence anyone catch the pre-f!ght interview ward/green tonight...
 04-04-2010, 06:35 PM         #10
Sangria1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Allan Green always has a punchers chance to win any f!ght....but Andre Ward has great instincts and technically superior and more intelligent boxer...Im goin with Ward by close UD
 8 years ago '06        #12
space
space
Ward vs Green Quotes

OAKLAND (May 11, 2010) - Undefeated World Boxing a.ssociation (WBA) 168-pound champion and America’s last Olympic Gold Medalist Andre Ward (20-0, 13 KOs) takes on World-ranked contender Allan “Sweetness” Green (29-1, 20 KOs), of Tulsa, Oklahoma, in the Super Six World Boxing Classic on Saturday, June 19, on SHOWTIME, promoter Dan Goossen formally announced today.

Ward will be making the first defense of the WBA belt he won on a convincing, 11th round technical decision over Mikkel Kessler in the Super Six World Boxing Classic opener on November 21, 2009 at Oracle..

The 6-foot-2-inch, 30-year-old Green, a hungry, big, and dangerous f!ghter, boldly predicts a victory over the local hero Ward.

Following the postponement of the original April 24th date due to a flare-up in Ward’s previously repaired
knee, the ever-loquacious Green challenged the manhood and honesty of the WBA Champion.

Allan Green:

“I honestly don’t think he will ever get in the ring with me,” said Green. “I don’t think this is a f!ght Andre Ward and his people ever wanted. If I had my way he’d take a cortisone shot and f!ght. I seriously doubt he’s ever going to f!ght me. I hope it’s valid because there’s been a lot put into this from everybody involved and there’s no time to play games.

“If he were f!ghting Jermain Taylor or Sakio Bika,” Green continued, “I’m sure he’d be good to go right now. I’m a f!ghter. I f!ght through bumps, bruises and injuries and we go through that. I fought Tarvis Simms with a bad right shoulder. If your knee keeps getting hurt it would be something chronic and you’re probably not going to be ready in six weeks. If your knee is swollen, just take a cortisone shot, stop b**ching and get your a.ss in the ring.”

“I just don’t see anyone who can beat me. I’ve watched all the f!ghters over and over. I’ve studied all of them and know I can beat any of them, including Ward.”

“I here him say ‘I’m a warrior and this and that.’ The truth is he’s not. I know for a fact I will blow him out of the water.”

“I hit a lot harder then Andre Ward. I can afford to make a mistake, he cannot.”

“There is nobody in the tournament that can beat me. Nobody.”

After hearing the braggadocios words of Green, the always-classy Ward had some comments of his own:

Andre Ward:

“I don’t think Allan Green and his team realize how bad I want this f!ght,” Ward said. “They will get

the f!ght.

“It’s time for the bravado and all his talk to end,” Ward continued. “It’s time to show up and take care of

business. I feel great and I am really looking forward to it. I’m ready to rock. I’m human and I hear what he is saying. But all he is doing is adding gasoline to the fire. I’m always highly motivated anyway; but now I’m highly stimulated too.

“In terms of his talk, whatever he’s been saying to the media, none of it bothers me. It certainly doesn’t rattle me. I’ve been accustomed to it, first at the highest level of the amateurs and now as a professional. There’s a reason behind what he does and says, and a lot has to do with fear and insecurity. Like he is trying to convince himself of what he can do.

“I’m sure it will help ticket sales,” concluded Ward. “The fans are going to be like, ‘Who is this guy and what’s he all about?’ But when you talk, you’ve got to back it up. Believe me, we are going to get to know each other really well in the ring on June 19. I can’t wait!”

“Allan Green talks a lot and if he’s got something to prove then that makes two of us.”

Allan Green’s verbal a.ssault and prediction of victory over Andre Ward presents a few questions: does he possess the boxing skills to back up his talk and take down the new WBA Super Middleweight Champion? Or will Ward, the 2004 Olympic Gold medalist, hometown hero and one of professional boxing’s shining stars, silence the man with the golden mouth?

Saturday, June 19th at the Oracle Arena in a Group Stage 2 Super Six World Boxing Classic bout on SHOWTIME, Ward will look to defend his title against the mouthy Green in front of his hometown fans and take another step toward becoming the Super Six World Boxing Classic Champion.

Tickets for the June 19 Super Six World Boxing Classic are priced at $300, $150, $65 and $35 and are available at the Oracle Arena Box Office, 7000 Coliseum Way, Oakland, CA 94621, Phone: (510) 569-2121 or online thru .

The Ward-Green event is presented by Goossen Tutor Promotions, Antonio Leonard Productions and Di Bella Entertainment.

SUPER SIX WORLD BOXING CLASSIC SCOREBOARD

Record f!ghter Points

1-1 Arthur Abraham 3

1-1 Carl Froch 2

1-0 Andre Ward 2

1-1 Andre Dirrell 2

1-1 Mikkel Kessler 2

0-0 Allan Green 0
 8 years ago '07        #13
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
Ward, Green want drug testing

By Robert Hough

Andre Ward (20-0, 13 KOs) and Allan Green (29-1, 20 KOs) said at a press conference Wednesday that they both support Olympic-style drug testing before their June 19 f!ght for Ward’s WBA title. The super-middleweights meet in Oakland, Calif., to conclude the Super Six World Boxing Classic’s second round. Dan Goossen, Ward’s promoter, supports the proposal and said he would discuss it with Lou DiBella, who promotes Green. Green, who appeared at the Oakland press conference via a video stream from Miami, Fla., said it would have hurt his training in nearby Fort Lauderdale to travel across the country and back for the event. Green, who replaces Jermain Taylor in Showtime’s tournament, has been boisterous in the pre-f!ght build-up, but the Tulsa, Okla., native and resident was low-key and quick to compliment Ward.
 8 years ago '06        #14
space
space
Goosen nervous a.ss... Ward going down next month poor kid
 8 years ago '07        #15
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 StudiosConnect' said:
Goosen nervous a.ss... Ward going down next month poor kid
Ward is an Olympic gold medalist. He's been through this kind of testing before as an amateur. It only makes sense that he sees testing as a good thing.
 8 years ago '06        #16
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,993 | Props total: 10661 10661
ward has really impressed me..comin out the olympics he was a little of a let down.Thought he was goin be the next roy jones type of f!ghter but was babied and didn't look to great..but last few f!ghts has stepped up and handle his business
 8 years ago '06        #17
space
space
Press Conference

[video - click to view]

Seriously anyone that making a 6-7 figure PAYCHECK isn't going to be against Olympic style testing outside of pacman... amir khan ect all give the okay for it...

Yeah yeah of course it make sense but all I want to hear about Goosen discussing is his f!ghter will be there june 19th no more injuries, not no extra drug testing after they already gave up the hometown which they didn't have to.

[video - click to view]

I 100% agree w/ Green Ward team didn't want JT to dropped until they touched him, I think it's no question Green beats Kessler RD 3 (after the way Froch touched him up would be a disgrace it Green can't KO/TKO him)

If it don't go to the score cards I see a upset coming in Oakland, it's funny cause Miranda was talking HUGE s**t pre-f!ght and I bought it cause I never saw Ward f!ght and he was nonchalant an ate him up. But I believe it what I hear it from Green, Ward going 12 rounds or getting knocked out no way I see Green going down
 8 years ago '07        #18
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
Who already gave up hometown? These cats who luckily got invited to the tourney need to stfu and be thankful that they walked into an immediate title shot despite doing nothing to deserve it. Not just that, dude needs to stfu and be grateful that he walked into TWO immediate title shots, back-to-back despite doing nothing to deserve it. If JT didn't have a hometown date, why would Green get one????

Ward has a surgically repaired knee, you don't know that? That was my ONLY concern with him before the tourney... he is hands down the best f!ghter in the Super 6. Only thing holding him back is his knee. He'll have trouble catching up with Dirrell if his knee is problematic.
 8 years ago '06        #19
space
space
And he claims he pushed himself and caused the re-injury so what are you really saying? You don't go 80mph in a 65mph zone

All I'm saying is he missed one date don't wanna read any reports of Goosen discussing adding anything extra to the f!ght..

Green gave up hometown based on the tournament like it's already been reported on video Lou and his f!ghter could of had the venue selection but Green took more money to go to Oakland. You seem a bit mad though so I'll stop "Dude needs to stfu ect" all he is doing is being confident about his job not like he planned ward to win a title or kessler to win back a title wtf lol I'm really lost at what your saying.

JT obviously would of got a hometown date if you need it broken down to you 1. he went to germany & ward went to oakland 2. kessler denmark home jt next up to get home

There hasn't been one instance when a dude got back-to-back home f!ghts until this ... like I said im just going off a video I saw of Goosen saying he paid extra money to have the f!ght in Oakland and Lou saying he could of had his way.

Green/Dirrell only people I see having a shot to beat Ward
 8 years ago '07        #20
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 StudiosConnect' said:
And he claims he pushed himself and caused the re-injury so what are you really saying? You don't go 80mph in a 65mph zone

All I'm saying is he missed one date don't wanna read any reports of Goosen discussing adding anything extra to the f!ght..

Green gave up hometown based on the tournament like it's already been reported on video Lou and his f!ghter could of had the venue selection but Green took more money to go to Oakland. You seem a bit mad though so I'll stop "Dude needs to stfu ect" all he is doing is being confident about his job not like he planned ward to win a title or kessler to win back a title wtf lol I'm really lost at what your saying.

JT obviously would of got a hometown date if you need it broken down to you 1. he went to germany & ward went to oakland 2. kessler denmark home jt next up to get home

There hasn't been one instance when a dude got back-to-back home f!ghts until this ... like I said im just going off a video I saw of Goosen saying he paid extra money to have the f!ght in Oakland and Lou saying he could of had his way.

Green/Dirrell only people I see having a shot to beat Ward

First of all, how many f!ghters have missed a date in this tourney so far? Dirrell missed a date, did you say sh*t about that? Kessler missed a date, what did you say about that? Forch/Abraham is postponed as well. Taylor dropped out the tourney.... and Ward missed the kick-off press conference for the tourney and he postponed the Green f!ght. Did you go as hard on EVERY minor setback in the tourney? Or is it just Ward?

All you have to do is go back to the very first interview Ward gave on this tourney. He thanked his promoter for getting him 3 home dates. Then, all you have to do is go to the first Super Six episode on Showtime, to see all the other promoters getting pissed off at Ward's comments. There were stipulations in the Super Six contracts that each f!ghter/promoter signed off and agreed to however.... The preliminary dates and venues were set (not in stone) except for JT, whose venues were finalized. Ward did have 3 home dates. JT had zero home dates...

If you really need it broken down to you... 2 f!ghts in europe (Abraham & Kessler), 1 f!ght in the U.S (Oakland vs. Ward) and he was to make the most money in the tourney. THAT was the contract. Dibella purposely went for the money for his f!ghter. So, yes, Goosen paid extra for the Oakland home date.... but he didn't pay extra to Green specifically. LEt me explain that more clearly.

He was to pay extra to JT, so that Ward could f!ght at home. Taylor dropped out and Green stepped in. All he did was give Green, JT's money. Which makes sense, because Green took Taylor's place. So it's not as if there was some big negotiation, a huge rift that was caused by venue debate. Dibella had JT, negotiated money for JT, Green came in, Dibella took the same money. So, Green didn't 'give up' anything... nor did the terms of the original agreement change at all (except for the f!ghter's name).

Like I said, Green should stfu and be grateful... and that's coming from someone who thought he shoulda been in the tourney from jump. Go ask that hater Sizzler, when I first posted that Green should be in the tourney, in the very first thread, he tried to go in on me. When I first posted that Green was to be the replacement, Sizzler tried to clown my source AND say I was wrong.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
80 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
132 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
200 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago