Opening a Mall kiosk...what should I sell?

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
60 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
189 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
212 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
135 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Which do you think is the best idea?
Gifts Under $20 1 9.09%
Sunglasses 1 9.09%
Milkshakes 4 36.36%
Magazines and snacks 2 18.18%
toys 0 0%
other 3 27.27%
Voters: 11. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 8 years ago '08        #21
606robin 24 heat pts24
space
space
$5,683 | Props total: 3423 3423
If you dont know what to sell , than most likely you will fail
Why because you need to have a clue of a product before you sell or a passion for stuff you like or what the general market like's
If i were you i would sit back and think before signing the lease papers and think about other ventures that may be less like e commerce, ebay ect..
 8 years ago '05        #22
lilwheezy 
space
space
$1,826 | Props total: 210 210
 BennyBlanco said:
A buddy of mine just recently opened 2 kiosks reselling cellular phones from Rogers, Bell, Telus,(Canadian wireless telcos) etc. The margin is not bad, for each activation he re-sells, they get close to $150.00/cdn + he buys a bunch of accessories from China for dirt cheap and marks it up by like 800%. Trust me he caking.....
quick question. i have wholesalers in China etc, but i don't want to be the one selling them. does he sell those to other stores, kiosks, etc. because i think i'd make more money and have less work if i could be a supplier but was wondering if he did that or anybody else has done that.

for example, i buy bulk from china then sell it to a store in US for profit for them to sell. that way, they do all the work, i'm just the middle man
 8 years ago '07        #23
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,474 | Props total: 409 409
 IamIV said:
lol...im catholic..cant do it...besides..people are prudes...they dont want to be seen buyin pr0n in the middle of the mall for everyone to see
catholic isn't an excuse, if its ok for priest to touch little boys why not sell some pr0n
 8 years ago '04        #24
sideshow20 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,584 | Props total: 550 550
 JediKnight'sSon said:
you could set up a little "karaoke" booth...besides the equipment, all you need is a huge Archive of Instrumentals.

[pic - click to view]

Laptop w/ Recording Interface - $500

[pic - click to view]

Microphone - $100

[pic - click to view]

Headphones - $50

[pic - click to view]

USB Hard Drive -$100

[pic - click to view]

Give each customer 15 minutes to record a song, and charge them $15. After they finish, apply VocAlign, Autotune, add some Reverb, Delays and EQ... which should take less than 10 minutes.

While working on the previous customers Mix, bring in the next customer to begin recording their track. So on a REALLY busy day, it may be possible to make $60 an hour.

You can either e-mail the track to the customer, or burn it to a CD.

BTW, you don't need a federal loan to set up a Kiosk, most Malls only charge you $800 a month in Rent, and a one time fee of $1,000 to design and set up the booth.
lmao they got that at northland in detroit (well southfield)
 8 years ago '04        #25
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
Those malls charge alot for rent.
 8 years ago '05        #26
Reggie Xtreme 
space
space
$5,738 | Props total: 77 77
 IamIV said:
I'm applying for a federal small business loan for the purpose of opening a booth in the mall hallway (kiosk)...Its hard to find a new job in this state of the economy, especially in the city of Detroit so I've decided to be enterprising and start my own business....

The thing is, I'm not sure what to sell....I want to sell something that people won't feel that they could find better in a store in the mall...a magazine stand? milkshakes? batteries? toys? value dvds? cheap sun glasses? primarily women products (more women visit the mall than men), "Gifts Under $20"....

What do you think?
I see you said Detroit. Please tell me you are not going to try this at Fairlane.
 7 years ago '05        #27
4Chun500 10 heat pts10
space
space
$2,174 | Props total: 559 559
I Use 2 Sell Everything Hip Hop That Was Just Hitting The Streets, That The Big Chains stores didnt get until months later. I Also Made a k!lling on the Side Selling Cds... (Ex 1000s, Trap Or Die Cd's @ 5 A Piece do da math!) A Marketing Ploy I Used 2 k!ll The Mall With Was The "No Tax" rule. The Tax was Included, but people like to feel like ur giving them a deal..... I Use 2 Stay The Freshest Just Chill In The Mall Holla @ Girls, Get On My Laptop , listen 2 music, get on boxden, or read when i wasnt making a sale. I Had Nobody breathing down my neck. I Also met a few famous people. T.I., Slim Thug, Mike Jones, Trick Daddy, Trina, Crime Mob, Joe Budden, Prodigy, Alchemist and a few more. Overall It Was My Best Job, And It Was Fun. Low Overhead, I Hired Friends (I COULD TRUST) Met Many Many Pretty Girls, and Open Da Doors 4 Other People 2 live the dream of being a legal Hustler as well........I Was Bringing That Ny Flavor that we New Yorkers Are Infamous For to Columbia Sc and Made a k!lling! Clearing $10,000+ After Exspeses Legally during the Holiday Season. Only Downsides Was Being In The Mall U Have 2 Follow Their rules. when to open, music, etc. and i lost a few friends cause........... f**kers are greedy And Stupid. Anyway It Is A Good Way 2 Make Money Its All N Ya Hustle.
 7 years ago '07        #28
Spoken210 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,670 | Props total: 0 0
 4Chun500 said:
I Use 2 Sell Everything Hip Hop That Was Just Hitting The Streets, That The Big Chains stores didnt get until months later. I Also Made a k!lling on the Side Selling Cds... (Ex 1000s, Trap Or Die Cd's @ 5 A Piece do da math!) A Marketing Ploy I Used 2 k!ll The Mall With Was The "No Tax" rule. The Tax was Included, but people like to feel like ur giving them a deal..... I Use 2 Stay The Freshest Just Chill In The Mall Holla @ Girls, Get On My Laptop , listen 2 music, get on boxden, or read when i wasnt making a sale. I Had Nobody breathing down my neck. I Also met a few famous people. T.I., Slim Thug, Mike Jones, Trick Daddy, Trina, Crime Mob, Joe Budden, Prodigy, Alchemist and a few more. Overall It Was My Best Job, And It Was Fun. Low Overhead, I Hired Friends (I COULD TRUST) Met Many Many Pretty Girls, and Open Da Doors 4 Other People 2 live the dream of being a legal Hustler as well........I Was Bringing That Ny Flavor that we New Yorkers Are Infamous For to Columbia Sc and Made a k!lling! Clearing $10,000+ After Exspeses Legally during the Holiday Season. Only Downsides Was Being In The Mall U Have 2 Follow Their rules. when to open, music, etc. and i lost a few friends cause........... f**kers are greedy And Stupid. Anyway It Is A Good Way 2 Make Money Its All N Ya Hustle.
What About The RIAA? arent they bustin everyones ballls about shyt like that
 7 years ago '05        #29
4Chun500 10 heat pts10
space
space
$2,174 | Props total: 559 559
 Spoken210 said:
What About The RIAA? arent they bustin everyones ballls about shyt like that

Let Me Learn Ya Sumthin Young man....
I Sold The Posters for $5 The Cd's Came "FREE" with The Poster. They Cant Say s**t Cause technically Im Not selling Cd's.
THERE ARE ALWAYS WAYS 2 Go AROUND THE RULES
 7 years ago '04        #30
bigmike123456 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,796 | Props total: 367 367
how do you find out were to buy phone chargers and cases in bulk to re sell them
 7 years ago '05        #31
Cee4our 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,824 | Props total: 57 57
 bigmike123456 said:
how do you find out were to buy phone chargers and cases in bulk to re sell them
u can get chargers on ebay for like $1 with shipping from hong kong.
 7 years ago '04        #32
bigmike123456 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,796 | Props total: 367 367
is there any sites were you can buy in bulk besides ebay so i can resell them
 7 years ago '05        #33
DaViLLe726 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,313 | Props total: 270 270
 4Chun500 said:
Let Me Learn Ya Sumthin Young man....
I Sold The Posters for $5 The Cd's Came "FREE" with The Poster. They Cant Say s**t Cause technically Im Not selling Cd's.
THERE ARE ALWAYS WAYS 2 Go AROUND THE RULES
what mall were you getting away with this at because it sounds so illegal with the copyright reselling cds>
 7 years ago '05        #34
juny 29 heat pts29
space
space
$2,698 | Props total: 42 42
 DaViLLe726 said:
what mall were you getting away with this at because it sounds so illegal with the copyright reselling cds>
there was a place few years back that did the same s**t where i live u buy the cover for 5 bucks aka artwork and u get the cd free lol same s**t nad yea s**t sound very illegal lol
 11-22-2010, 07:00 AM         #35
CenterField 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you could try asian dvds "for kiosk". theres always a market for that. s**t would have to be exclusive and maintained to keep ppl coming back though
 11-22-2010, 07:15 AM         #36
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaViLLe726 said:
Legality is a very slippery issue.

If he was selling "artwork" and gave out music mixes complimentary with every purchase, he doesn't need to be selling the cd to get the 5 bucks and the client gets what they want.

And therein lies the problem:

If he set up shop as a "mixtape depot", he'd get shut down. If he masks the true purpose cleverly he can operate like a mixtape retailer legally without really being one.
 12-06-2010, 03:19 PM         #37
4thQTRJames 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
look into ghost armor for cell phones and other electronics.

[video - click to view]

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
66 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
47 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
93 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
25 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
82 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy