Kevin Durant is next...not Lebron James

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
57 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
26 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
8 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
313 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #41
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 Rico23 said:

thats what he said...then u did this:

i think even u forgot what u be sayin and doing hood135 but nonetheless i'm a spectator so carry on

[pic - click to view]

oh I see. I knew someone would catch that when I posted it. I didn't say it but I fixed it. Did it in interest of time. Either way its a dumb argument now because buddy don't get it.
 8 years ago '06        #42
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
 Black Magick said:
This guy is retarded enough to believe the BS he's saying......
Dude, making the playoffs and winning a championship are on two completely different levels. If we're talking about carrying a team along with being the best, then it's fair to say that Durant needs a playoff appearance before we say that he's the best or going to be the best. Does he need to win a championship to be the best player? No, he doesn't. Does KD have a great chance to make the playoffs? Yes, he does. So let's have this conversation in April. You can legitimately put KD as a TRULY elite player in the league after he at least makes the playoffs.

Championships are a different thing. But you're a Kobe stan, so I don't expect for you to understand anything I just said.

NO s**t! That's why I said "different terms, same logic" in one of my earlier post. This s**t aint going no where. You win.

We can judge KD by his ability to get to the playoffs but we can't judge LeBron by his ability to win a championship because they are not the same thing. LeBron gets a pass.
:agreement6:
 02-24-2010, 01:52 PM         #43
Rynoh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 INF4MOUS said:
Melo was robbed for ROY
No he wasn't.
 8 years ago '07        #44
ptwist 43 heat pts43
space
space
$16,123 | Props total: 6357 6357
Durant couldnt bench 185 in his rookie season

/thread
 8 years ago '04        #45
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,081 | Props total: 4427 4427
 U.B.HiRM said:
he didnt deserve to be in the finals that year..david stern just needed to get the pistons outta there cuz he hated them cuz they didnt make him t.v. money like lebron would...thats why spurs handed that a.ss that year....he wants it to happen this year..lets see if james got the balls to take them there again
yeah thats why the cavs got eliminated last year when everyone thought the cavs would play the lakers in the finals
 8 years ago '04        #46
space
space
 U.B.HiRM said:
he didnt deserve to be in the finals that year..david stern just needed to get the pistons outta there cuz he hated them cuz they didnt make him t.v. money like lebron would...thats why spurs handed that a.ss that year....he wants it to happen this year..lets see if james got the balls to take them there again
yeah thats why the cavs got eliminated last year when everyone thought the cavs would play the lakers in the finals

the history books say he took them to the finals the history books say kevin durants never played a playoff game

lets wait to crown him until hes scored a basket in the playoffs
 8 years ago '06        #47
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
 Rico23 said:
Again, not tryin to butt in, but u say its a dumb arguement yet u brought it up everything blackmagic said i have said in this thread and the other KD thread thats active and its fact....why go off the deep end about KD when 1 he hasnt even made a playoff run and 2 he's a great player but thaats where it ends...why not just talk about this s**t april, like the 2 of us have said SEVERAL times...i mean are yall tryin to cash in on the KD bandwagon early because the tickets are cheap at this time?.....where was all this out pouring of love for KD last year....he's pretty much the same except his efficeincy(sp) has gone up
Posted via Mobile Device

Dawg, I'm not even arguing that or making that comparison. I already said that LeBron was hands down better, no question. I tried and failed miserably to use this as an example to point out the real double standard.

My deal is this...people in here are saying that you can't give KD the crown yet because he hasn't carried a team that's made it to the playoffs. All I'm saying is that you can't give LeBron the crown yet because he hasn't carried a team that's won a championship. The goal is to win.

My problem is, when it comes to KD and LeBron, its alright to say "KD gotta win first before he get the crown" but when it comes to LeBron and Kobe, its "LeBron hasn't won but it doesn't matter, he still has the crown."

That's the part I don't get. Winning is not the sole determining factor in any of this s**t. It is an important factor though. But for some reason, when winning gets put on the table when LeBron comes up, some of us tend to turn our nose up at it and get defensive.
 8 years ago '04        #48
space
space
but tthats the problem winning should be the settling factor in any discussion about great players you should have to accomplish something before you can be put in any best or greatest convo

i still remember people were ready to crown tmac and vince now look at them theyve accomplished nothing
 8 years ago '04        #49
killababi 31 heat pts31
space
space
$16,552 | Props total: 2661 2661
If you dont think Lebron is magical, you must not have seen him play
Durant is nice, but he is strictly a scorer.
He couldnt be this good on a team with a wack PG
He's like a Ray Allen... Verry good but cant make others better
 8 years ago '06        #50
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
 MosDefinition said:
but tthats the problem winning should be the settling factor in any discussion about great players you should have to accomplish something before you can be put in any best or greatest convo

i still remember people were ready to crown tmac and vince now look at them theyve accomplished nothing
Exactly. That's my hang up. We judge everyone by there ability to win.......except LeBron. That's not LeBron hate because I want to see him win. Until then, having great numbers and being athletic ain't enough for me to say owns the crown.
 02-24-2010, 02:37 PM         #51
antdog 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hood135 said:
Exactly. That's my hang up. We judge everyone by there ability to win.......except LeBron. That's not LeBron hate because I want to see him win. Until then, having great numbers and being athletic ain't enough for me to say owns the crown.
/thread. If you do it for Durant/LBJ it's the same for LBJ/Kobe
 8 years ago '07        #52
Adam Is BeTTeR 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,852 | Props total: 2535 2535
LeBron relies too much on strength and athleticism, I can't picture how he'll be once his legs are gone. Durant can score with ease, he's already capable of being a force even with his average athleticism, his rebounding has been getting better every year. He's a decent passer but that can improve just like Malone, his defense needs to improve but that ill also come within time and work ethic.
 8 years ago '07        #53
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140

People thought I was nuts around here when I said he was going to be one of the best in the league when he first got drafted.

f**k LBJ.
 8 years ago '04        #54
dre03 
space
space
$10,173 | Props total: 2452 2452
 m-f said:

People thought I was nuts around here when I said he was going to be one of the best in the league when he first got drafted.

f**k LBJ.
Michael Jordan said the same thing... Congratulations for going way out on that limb and agreeing with the GOAT...
 8 years ago '04        #55
dre03 
space
space
$10,173 | Props total: 2452 2452
 Adam Is BeTTeR said:
LeBron relies too much on strength and athleticism, I can't picture how he'll be once his legs are gone. Durant can score with ease, he's already capable of being a force even with his average athleticism, his rebounding has been getting better every year. He's a decent passer but that can improve just like Malone, his defense needs to improve but that ill also come within time and work ethic.
I guess Durant doesnt rely on the fact that he is taller than anybody that plays him???

Durant uses the same advantage that Dirk does... They are tall perimeter players it is damn near impossible to match up with them... You put a tall guy on him they go around them... You put a short guy on them they shoot over the top... Not much you can do... You dont need athleticism when your taller than everybody that plays u... Look at Yao
 02-24-2010, 03:05 PM         #56
The_Future_09 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
to be honest if I was building a team I would put KD @ the three bc he is versitile and plays well off the ball
 8 years ago '07        #57
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 dre03 said:
Who said it was???

I simply told you that Lebron's 1st year was more impressive because the only two other people who accomplished those numbers in their first year are both legends...

I dont know how you can say Durant had a better year when Lebron did something only 2 other people did that just happen to be 2 of the top 10 players of all time in most people eyes... Help me to understand your logic... Im more prone to go with things that dont happen as often to be more impressive...
with Lebron comes the age old question when u compare him to other players...is the league catering to him and pushin his rise to stardom? my man said i was buggin last night because i said i like to watch Durant more than i like to watch Lebron but to me Durant s**t doesnt seem as forced, i hate to see Lebron do things like when they play the nuggets shoot all those 3's and make one to tie the game (1-9 from the 3pt line) and they make the biggest deal about it but prolly wouldnt have been in that position had he not takin those bad shots down the stretch. i dont jus look at per game stats i look at boxscores which tells a story alot better and as much as i used to back lebron the first 5 years i have to admit Durant isn't jus different he is better with less of a push. (without gettin too indepth into wat "push" actually means cuz thas a whole different argument)
 8 years ago '07        #58
Adam Is BeTTeR 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,852 | Props total: 2535 2535
 dre03 said:
I guess Durant doesnt rely on the fact that he is taller than anybody that plays him???

Durant uses the same advantage that Dirk does... They are tall perimeter players it is damn near impossible to match up with them... You put a tall guy on him they go around them... You put a short guy on them they shoot over the top... Not much you can do... You dont need athleticism when your taller than everybody that plays u... Look at Yao
Durant is like 6'9, Dirk is like what? 7 foot? totally different. What's the average height for SF's in the NBA? 6'7-6'9 (6'9 for some) I guess? You can match that height wise to try and stop him, but Durant is just way too skilled offensively to be stopped by an average NBA defender and some skilled ones. Dirk is 7 foot, a centers height, how can you match him up with a slow PF that doesn't have the footwork to defend a perimeter game? That why you need to put a SF on him, but the SF can't match up with him height wise, so that's why Dirk obviously has the size advantage on the defender and always beat them
 8 years ago '07        #59
Bkjj11 3550 heat pts3550 OP
space
space
$92,668 | Props total: 70245 70245
 The Bully said:
durant got his shyt pushed back by manu ginobili

meanwhile bron droppin damn near 40, 10, 10 on the road in a blowout win

thread
[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

:yayo:
 04-14-2010, 12:48 AM         #60
fmoney88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol thread started is smoking that crystal meth
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
112 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
118 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
119 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
76 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
38 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
169 comments
20 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy