LA Lakers V.S. Cleveland Cavaliers Offical Thread....

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
174 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who will have a better game?
Kobe 14 32.56%
Lebron 29 67.44%
Voters: 43. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 01-22-2010, 11:12 AM         #621
lazerface 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheG1ftedOne said:
I cant hate on Lebron anymore... the only reason I was hating was to discredit him becuase I thought Kobe was better. Not anymore, Kobe has fallen back and Lebron is definately the best.
you hated on lebron because you thought kobe was better? what kind of logic is that? you're f**king lame.
 8 years ago '04        #622
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,366 | Props total: 8458 8458
 P. Dedos said:
YO JAVON WHERES THAT GIF WHERE FINGA MET THE FLOOR!!!!!

GET IT DONE FAMO!!!!

maybe when i get home
 01-22-2010, 11:16 AM         #623
lazerface 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Arceo said:
why dont you appreciate a great basketball player..s**t bein in Lebron/Kobe's generation is probably going to be your only accomplishment in life so stop actin like you know dude and it matters to him or anyone if u like him.lol..
:agreement6::agreement6::agreeme nt6: props :agreement6:
 8 years ago '04        #624
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
i dont think people have put this win into context... lebron's team is already inferior to LA and he beat them w/o mo williams and outplayed kobe..

WOW
Kobe still has the better team
Kobe needs to be unselfish and keep them involved.
if Lebron had kobe's squad that may be a 70+ win season right there
 01-22-2010, 11:20 AM         #625
lazerface 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wow, i just saw this stat:

Kobe: 31 shots.

Gasol, Bynum, Odom, Artest: 34 shots.

that might be why the lakers lost.
 8 years ago '04        #626
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
too many games Kobe doesn't take advantage of what he has
he needs to focus more on setting up his teammates with open shots/lay ups
last-night lebron set up Anthony Parker all night with 3 pointers in the corner.
you can give Lebron credit for most of Anderson Varejao's shot selection
 01-22-2010, 11:36 AM         #627
lazerface 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 whodatb1 said:
they lost because they got outhustled and bullied in the paint ..... lebron came up big in the stretch ...... lebron went to work in da 4th ..... impressive ........
i should have worded it better, that might be ONE OF THE REASONS why the lakers lost.
 8 years ago '04        #628
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
flacco aint the real deal yet imo.. if they would've had a healthy mcnabb, the colts wouldnt have an easy time beating them.. thats how i see it.

but i see that you needed to change the subject... thanks
flacco should of been benched for Troy Smith
 8 years ago '04        #629
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
 whodatb1 said:
them n*ggaz stand around alot ... and gasol and bynum got no position last night offensively ......

gasol b**ched up last night at the end .. two shots in the paint .. and two missed ft

Reporting from Cleveland - Andrew Bynum sat in his chair with a knit cap on his head and a fat lip courtesy of an elbow from Shaquille O'Neal.

Pau Gasol dressed in a suit, his eyes darting at the a.ssembled media, his spirits down because he failed to deliver for the Lakers in the clutch.

Bynum and Gasol are both 7-footers, and along with Lamar Odom, are supposed to be a dominant front line.

But in a 93-87 loss to the Cavaliers on Thursday night at Quicken Loans Arena, it was Cleveland's big men who were the most physical and the most effective.

O'Neal, second-year forward J.J. Hickson and reserves Anderson Varejao and Zydrunas Ilgauskas overwhelmed the Lakers' bigs.

"Yeah, they were physical, that's for sure," Bynum said.

Gasol (13 points, eight rebounds), Odom (10 points, 10 rebounds) and Bynum (seven points, eight rebounds) combined for 30 points and 25 rebounds.

O'Neal, Hickson, Varejao and Ilgauskas combined for 40 points and 33 rebounds.

"Bringing Shaq in here has helped bolster [our] front line," Cleveland Coach Mike Brown said. "It also has given us an inside presence."

O'Neal and Varejao were at their best in the second half. Gasol was at his worst in the second half, especially with a minute left in the game.

O'Neal scored nine of his 13 points in the second half and Varejao had nine of his 11 points in the second half.

"I'm at the age [37] where people are not going to double," said O'Neal, who made five of nine shots. "I've been shooting 55% my whole career, so if I miss one, I'm not going to miss too many."

Bynum is 22 and a five-year veteran. At times his youth showed against O'Neal.

"For me personally, my game is backing people down and doing the same thing basically Shaq does," said Bynum, who's listed at 285 pounds, 40 pounds less than O'Neal. "You're not really backing him down. So I've got to either get an opportunity to go against one of the other guys or don't pick up fouls with Shaq so I can stay out on the court."

It was a miserable ending for Gasol, who missed his only two shots in the crucial fourth quarter.

He missed two short shots that could have given the Lakers a lead with 52 seconds left.

Then he missed two free throws that could have tied the score at 89-89 with 24.1 seconds left.

"I let other stuff that went on before, a couple of plays prior to that, carry over in my head negatively," said Gasol, who was three for six from the free-throw line, five for 14 from the field. "I can't do that. When the game is on the line, I've got to be able to shake that off and step up and make those free throws. That's the bottom line."

It got worse for Gasol.

After LeBron James (37 points, nine a.ssists) missed the second of two free throws, leaving the Lakers down 90-87 with 21.2 seconds left, Gasol failed to get the defensive rebound.

Instead, Varejao, whom Gasol apparently didn't block out, hustled in and got the offensive rebound.

Ron Artest then was called for a reach-in foul, putting Varejao at the free-throw line.

He made both for a 92-87 lead that spelled the end for the Lakers.

Because he had inside position, Gasol was asked if he was pushed by Varejao.

"Yeah, but like I said, that's something that happens every box-out," Gasol said. "I wasn't expecting any calls there for sure. I didn't get many calls, so I wasn't expecting one there at that point."

It meant that the Lakers took the loss on the chin, mentally (Gasol) and physically (Bynum).

"Yeah, I got elbowed, Shaq-bowed," Bynum said, laughing. "I didn't see it. It just happened."

i dont want to hear another cavs fan call out shaq the rest of the season .... dude makes a huuuuuuugggggeeeeeeeeee difference ........
hell yeh he makes a huge difference. thats why we got Shaq. Shaq is no longer dominate like he use to but for games like this and the playoffs he makes a huge impact. But still especially running the triangle offense Kobe should be averaging 10 a.ssist with all the offensive poser the lakers have. Kobe dosen't drive as much as he use to. Yes he can hit them but he settles to much for difficult jump shots.
 8 years ago '08        #630
Spic 
space
space
space
$1,339 | Props total: 3 3
The Lakers dont seem to care. Last year we went into Cleveland and Boston on back to back games and got a win. Granted if pau hits those 2 free throws we might have different game but still the team looks like they could careless about regular season games and only cares about the playoffs.
 8 years ago '04        #631
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,412 | Props total: 3477 3477
 P. Dedos said:
the story of the 2004 finals when they lost to pistons
I doubt you'll read this, but maybe if you do, you'll stop talking out of your a.ss.

2004 NBA Finals: Detroit Pistons defeat L.A. Lakers, 4-1

Bryant's numbers: 22.6 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 4.4 apg; Bryant ranked second on the Lakers in scoring and tied for the team lead in a.ssists.

The backstory: The Lakers owned homecourt advantage and were considered the heavy favorites in this series but with Karl Malone hobbled by injury, Gary Payton moving like he was about 50 years old and Derek Fisher limited by torn cartilage in his right knee that he suffered in the Western Conference Finals, the Lakers simply could not keep up with Rasheed Wallace or the Pistons' All-Star backcourt duo of Chauncey Billups and Richard Hamilton; during this series Bryant had to play a "firef!ghter" role defensively, trying to snuff out the blazing infernos that resulted from Payton's matador defense but the Pistons smartly responded by simply running their offense through whichever guard Bryant was not checking. The Pistons rolled over the Lakers 87-75 in game one. Lakers Coach Phil Jackson declared on page 229 of his book The Last Season, "The real factor was Chauncey Billups, who completely outplayed Gary, scoring 22 points, eight in the first quarter." Hamilton only scored 12 points on 5-16 shooting with six turnovers versus Bryant but Bryant also struggled offensively, scoring 25 points but shooting just 10-27 versus the long-armed defense of Tayshaun Prince. It seemed like Prince hit Bryant's arm on several jump shots, but Bryant made just four trips to the free throw line. Malone shot 2-9 from the field and Fisher shot 1-9. O'Neal led the way for the Lakers with 34 points on 13-16 shooting as the Pistons largely played him one on one in an effort to keep everyone else in check.

Bryant played the key role in the Lakers' only victory in the series, leading the Lakers with 33 points and seven a.ssists in a 99-91 game two overtime win. Bryant nailed the clutch three pointer that forced overtime and he scored a total of 14 points in the fourth quarter and the extra session to ensure that the Lakers would not fall behind 2-0. Billups again torched Payton, outscoring him 27-2. A big part of the problem for the Lakers was O'Neal's poor screen/roll defense, as Jackson explained on pages 232-233 of The Last Season: "The conversation with the coaches in the video session turned to the issue of Shaquille and his defense on screen roll, which was largely ineffective again. 'When I'm all done,' (assistant coach) Tex (Winter) blurted out, 'I'm going to expose this guy as overrated.'" Jackson mentioned that Winter complained that O'Neal "has terrible footwork, he's not coachable, he can't make free throws" but Jackson answered Winter by saying that O'Neal was the reason he came to coach the Lakers in the first place. Later, during a film session with the whole team, O'Neal--according to Jackson (page 233)--told Winter to "shut the ---- up. We don't need to hear from you about this ----." Jackson wrote (page 234), "I keep asking myself if I had failed him, this wonderful eighty-two-year old man who has meant so much to me, by not defending him more aggressively in front of the whole group." O'Neal apologized to Winter the next day.

The Pistons started game three with an 8-0 run and never trailed en route to a dominating 88-68 win. Bryant had just 11 points on 4-13 shooting, "the worst game I've ever seen him have in the playoffs" according to Jackson (page 237). O'Neal scored 14 points on 7-14 shooting. The two stars combined to attempt only five free throws. The other Lakers were completely invisible. In the wake of that disheartening performance, several of the veterans from the Lakers' three championship teams--including Bryant, Fox and Fisher--implored Jackson to bench Malone and Payton and go with the players who had won those titles, even though Fisher was ailing and Fox was not a power forward. Jackson promised to give all of those players some time on the court together but he felt that Malone's best chance to be effective was to start the game as opposed to languishing on the bench tightening up.

Billups again torched Payton in game four as the Pistons won 88-80 to take a 3-1 lead. Jackson finally switched Bryant onto Billups in the latter stages of the game. O'Neal had 36 points and 20 rebounds but Bryant shot just 8-25 to finish with 20 points. Bryant felt very strongly that Prince was getting away with fouling him but Bryant knew that it would not do any good to complain about this publicly. Owner Jerry Buss told Jackson (pages 243-244), "I think our young man has hit the wall. The whole weight of the whole season has finally caught up to him. He just looked so tired out there tonight that he didn't have the energy to finish this game off the way he's done in the past." Jackson agreed with that a.ssessment.

During the walkthrough prior to game five, Bryant volunteered to check Billups. Jackson was not sure if he wanted to do that but Bryant later privately told Jackson his real motive for speaking up (page 245): "I just said that to see if Gary would say, 'No, let me have him. He's mine.' I think he's scared. He doesn't care if I take Billups or not." Bryant checked Billups for part of game five and Billups had his lowest point total of the series (14) but in the end the Lakers had too many matchup problems and the Pistons closed out the series with a 100-87 win.

Note: Scoop Jackson recently called game two of the 2004 Finals "the game where many Laker insiders now admit the decision was eventually made to keep Kobe and exit everyone else." O'Neal wanted the Lakers to re-sign him for maximum dollars and maximum years but there were plenty of sensible reasons not to do this (just read Winter's critiques cited above). Bryant had established himself as an All-NBA First Team player, an All-Defensive First Team member and a perennial top five finisher in the MVP race, so the Lakers decided to build the team around him.

In the wake of their Finals loss, the Lakers traded O'Neal to the Miami Heat for Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, Brian Grant and a first round draft pick. After one season the Lakers shipped Butler to the Washington Wizards to acquire Kwame Brown, who they eventually dealt to the Memphis Grizzlies to obtain Pau Gasol. The Lakers missed the playoffs in 2004-05, mainly because Bryant played in only 66 games due to injury (Odom also missed 18 games). In 2006 and 2007 Bryant almost singlehandedly kept the Lakers competitive, winning two scoring titles while also making the All-Defensive First Team each year. Finally, the Lakers upgraded his supporting cast, with the biggest move being the addition of Gasol. Bryant no longer had to go into gun battles with "butter knives"; he promptly led the Lakers to the number one seed in the West in 2008 and averaged 31.9 ppg, 5.8 apg, 6.1 rpg, 3.1 tpg, .509 field goal shooting and .814 free throw shooting in 15 Western Conference playoff games as the Lakers returned to the NBA Finals.
 8 years ago '04        #632
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
the story of the 2004 finals when they lost to pistons
good point
im surprised Phil Jackson doesn't step in and address that
how can you keep your team involved on the offensive end when they are too busy trying to create high screens for Kobe?

if lebron was on the laker squad Lamar and Gasol would be an unstoppable offensive force then you insert Bynum shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
 8 years ago '08        #633
Spic 
space
space
space
$1,339 | Props total: 3 3
 Javon23 said:
good point
im surprised Phil Jackson doesn't step in and address that
how can you keep your team involved on the offensive end when they are too busy trying to create high screens for Kobe?

if lebron was on the laker squad Lamar and Gasol would be an unstoppable offensive force then you insert Bynum shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
Lamar and Gasol would never be unstoppable. Maybe more looks but not unstoppable.

When the lakers are getting eveybody involved they are the best team in the league.
 8 years ago '04        #634
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
 Spic said:
Lamar and Gasol would never be unstoppable. Maybe more looks but not unstoppable.

When the lakers are getting eveybody involved they are the best team in the league.
if lebron set up Lamar and Gasol the same way he sets up sideshow bob and the rest of the team with their talent they would indeed be unstoppable.
 8 years ago '04        #635
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,412 | Props total: 3477 3477
 P. Dedos said:
ya i read the whole thing

and it says that kobe was struggling the whole series and shaq was beasting

i dont need to read s**t i watched it with my own eyes

trying to place all the blame on the glove huh
Your reading comprehension sucks.
 8 years ago '04        #636
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
flacco is the future.. but right now, the defense is in CHAMPIONSHIP condition and the ravens need a qb that doesnt need any more experience...
the reason why i say troy smith is because he can move out the pocket and create.
Flacco has no creativity. he panics
 8 years ago '04        #637
Sabotage 9 heat pts
space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 35 35
javon takes all enjoyment out of watching lebron play
 8 years ago '06        #638
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 TheG1ftedOne said:
:agreement6: all hail to the king
You're not a foxhole guy. Good luck out there on your own bud.

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '10        #639
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 5 5
Kobe always gets the last laugh.

If all you LeBron d*ck riders paid attention at the beginning of the season...lakers don't care about their record during the regular season.

and if the Cavs are so good, let's see them get past the Celtics. cuz a healthy boston team owns Clev.
 01-22-2010, 01:11 PM         #640
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P. Dedos said:
@ these stans making up injures now

he has a bad shoulder now?

i thought it was his back and FINGA

man this guy is walking miracle i tell yall

When it comes to Wade, everybody is injured. Not just Kobe Bryant.
Posted via Mobile Device
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
188 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
joie chavis
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
I'm taking that one-way flight to London
16 comments
1 day ago