Eminem could easily rap about "rims" and "cars," but can Wayne...

most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
21 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA Charles Barkley "Lavar Ball isn't a good father."
100 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
13 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
95 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #21
#1nasfan 
space
space
$11,850 | Props total: 5193 5193
If you believe that all of the rhymes wayne says are actually made up by him (which im not sure if I do or not), you have to atleast respect his ability hes a good rapper and hes released a lot of material albums,mixtapes, and features most of them are pretty solid lyrically, im actually just realizing this looking at these youtubes posted, this guy deserves to be mentioned with the greats imo but flow wise hes not f**kin wit em but not many are
 01-17-2010, 02:10 PM         #22
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Get it Right said:
For the record, I'm not hating on Wayne — he's decent. But he can't f**k with Eminem. I gave all those songs a listen — until he started talking about the usual stuff he always talks about.
This is rap, f**k money. I want to hear someone who can destroy the mic, someone who can take it to another level, and you guys know Lil Wayne can't do that.

i don't see how em,and wayne are different in that respect....they generally are talking about the same general s**t...they both stray from time to time....but you're acting like em is versatile with the content...he's not....

and i still say em couldn't talk about rims,or cars without making it sound silly...just simply because em doesn't take himself that serious in his rhymes....so it would be out of place...

but wayne is a beast...when he wants to be...

[video - click to view]

Last edited by HotepSuns; 01-17-2010 at 02:14 PM..
 01-17-2010, 02:16 PM         #23
Motivated  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the f**k get it right look like going at hotep sun? is he serious? boy fall back, cus you'll look stupid, i'm tellin ya...no d*ck ride...hotep don't get in debates that he's not knowledgeable about...he get in joints he know he can win...lol
 01-17-2010, 02:18 PM         #24
Motivated  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HotepSuns said:
i don't see how em,and wayne are different in that respect....they generally are talking about the same general s**t...they both stray from time to time....but you're acting like em is versatile with the content...he's not....

and i still say em couldn't talk about rims,or cars without making it sound silly...just simply because em doesn't take himself that serious in his rhymes....so it would be out of place...

but wayne is a beast...when he wants to be..

and people on here act like they dont realize this. Wayne is NOT that bad.
 8 years ago '04        #25
DERRTY CHYBO 12 heat pts12
space
space
$11,716 | Props total: 787 787

[video - click to view]

01-17-2010, 02:20 PM         #26
Motivated  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^yo em went on record to say that verse was f**king terrible, what does this prove.
 8 years ago '04        #27
#1nasfan 
space
space
 Tommy_Bunz said:
^yo em went on record to say that verse was f**king terrible, what does this prove.
It proves that he can't just easily switch to rims and car rap and be his usual dope self
he didnt write a terrible verse on purpose he was trying to fit in with the song
 01-17-2010, 02:38 PM         #28
Motivated  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^got dayum, lol..so is this a win for wayne?
 01-17-2010, 02:43 PM         #29
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DERRTY CHYBO said:
Like I said, Eminem could easily rap about rims, but could Lil Wayne get away with the "kids flying through the air" line.

I still have yet to hear Lil Wayne rap about "psychopathic" s**t, in his rhymes.
 01-17-2010, 02:46 PM         #30
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 #1nasfan said:
It proves that he can't just easily switch to rims and car rap and be his usual dope self
he didnt write a terrible verse on purpose he was trying to fit in with the song
At least he made an attempt and we "noticed" his efforts, but has Lil Wayne come close to having us say, "Wow, he's trying to switch it up." Why does Eminem have to sound like T.I? Why can't the other rapper sound more like Eminem?

Last edited by Sam Rothstein; 01-17-2010 at 02:48 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #31
OG T Gutta N|M 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,739 | Props total: 1823 1823
Wayne stans vs eminem stans. You n*ggas sound stupid. Eminem doesn't rap about materialistic things and non-conscious material because that doesn't reflect his personality. If he did, he'd suck, it wouldn't match his persona/image and style he's created, and it wouldn't come off as nice, because we don't expect him to make music like that.

Wayne wouldn't sound good rapping about the s**t eminem does(f**king pitbulls, incest, going in on boybands) because we don't expect him to. I'm sure he can, but it'd sound stupid. Not only doesn't it reflect his persona, but thats not what we expect from a black artist like him.

Take Curren$y, some know him as a "gangsta" rapper(no-limit, early CM days), some know him as a surbanban flyguy smoker who rides on casual beats. Everyone who listens to him, says his music is better now, those who listened to him before for most, don't. He's dope either way, but the image you see him in and like, won't fit if they did it on the other side.

Same with Jay-Z from pre-black album, and now. Major difference in peoples in opinions, some say he's better before, some like his s**t now. And even with Wayne, some see him as better in his early CM days(pre C1, which I do tend to agree a bit), and some say he's better after C1, but thats style wise, not change of image.

The point of being a great artist isn't being to cover everything, it's being unique/different with your own style, subject matter, etc; not doing what everyone else thinks, this is why some artist don't make it, no individuality. Wayne and Eminem have distinct personalities, which why they are, who they are. You lame a.ss n*ggas always want to hypothesize, and speculate. Shut the f**k up.
 8 years ago '04        #32
#1nasfan 
space
space
 Get it Right said:
At least he made an attempt and we "noticed" his efforts, but has Lil Wayne come close to having us say, "Wow, he's trying to switch it up." Why does Eminem have to sound like T.I? Why can't the other rapper sound more like Eminem?
In this case because its t.i.'s song...........but if it was on em's album he'd probably try to rap about whatever em was rapping about
 8 years ago '04        #33
#1nasfan 
space
space
 Cantankerous said:
Wayne stans vs eminem stans. You n*ggas sound stupid. Eminem doesn't rap about materialistic things and non-conscious material because that doesn't reflect his personality. If he did, he'd suck, it wouldn't match his persona/image and style he's created, and it wouldn't come off as nice, because we don't expect him to make music like that.

Wayne wouldn't sound good rapping about the s**t eminem does(f**king pitbulls, incest, going in on boybands) because we don't expect him to. I'm sure he can, but it'd sound stupid. Not only doesn't it reflect his persona, but thats not what we expect from a black artist like him.

Take Curren$y, some know him as a "gangsta" rapper(no-limit, early CM days), some know him as a surbanban flyguy smoker who rides on casual beats. Everyone who listens to him, says his music is better now, those who listened to him before for most, don't. He's dope either way, but the image you see him in and like, won't fit if they did it on the other side.

Same with Jay-Z from pre-black album, and now. Major difference in peoples in opinions, some say he's better before, some like his s**t now. And even with Wayne, some see him as better in his early CM days(pre C1, which I do tend to agree a bit), and some say he's better after C1, but thats style wise, not change of image.

The point of being a great artist isn't being to cover everything, it's being unique/different with your own style, subject matter, etc; not doing what everyone else thinks, this is why some artist don't make it, no individuality. Wayne and Eminem have distinct personalities, which why they are, who they are. You lame a.ss n*ggas always want to hypothesize, and speculate. Shut the f**k up.
you're,right but we gon discuss,debate,compare,"hypothesize",ect. this type of stuff, cuz this is a hip hop forum its what we do
 8 years ago '05        #34
space
space
 #1nasfan said:
you're,right but we gon discuss,debate,compare,"hypothesize",ect. this type of stuff, cuz this is a hip hop forum its what we do
discussion, debate, compare is way different from hypothesizing. Hypothesizing about stupid s**t, such as "if eminem rapped about rims he'd be better than wayne" does nothing but bring you guys stupidity out on full.

Do you think Eminem can freestyle while doing math? Can Wayne write 64 bars with a sharpie on the wall? Just as stupid as that, is this topic.

The point of a discussion, and debate especially from opposing sides isn't to stalemate and not come to a conclusion, it's to prove a point. What f**king point can be proved in this thread, nothing. But...continue to be stupid, I'll opt out.
 8 years ago '04        #35
#1nasfan 
space
space
 Cantankerous said:
discussion, debate, compare is way different from hypothesizing. Hypothesizing about stupid s**t, such as "if eminem rapped about rims he'd be better than wayne" does nothing but bring you guys stupidity out on full.

Do you think Eminem can freestyle while doing math? Can Wayne write 64 bars with a sharpie on the wall? Just as stupid as that, is this topic.
The point of a discussion, and debate especially from opposing sides isn't to stalemate and not come to a conclusion, it's to prove a point. What f**king point can be proved in this thread, nothing. But...continue to be stupid, I'll opt out.
That's not the same thing, but there actually has been evidence presented to prove one sides point (although I don't think it proves it fully) it is evidence. I personally don't think this thread is that dumb. Although, I dont think it matters whether one rapper can rap similar to the other everybody has their own style.
 01-17-2010, 03:30 PM         #36
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The point is, Eminem could rap about condos and cars — if he wanted to. As you can see he did make an "attempt" at rhyming like that on "Touchdown," some of you may call his verse "garbage," but he tried.

Lil Wayne can't make an attempt at what is Eminem doing, he is incapable of attempting anything that sounds remotely close to anything Eminem would do. It would take Wayne more practice to master Eminem's style than it would for Eminem to mimic Wayne's style.
 01-17-2010, 03:36 PM         #37
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cantankerous said:

Goodbye.

The point of this thread is: Eminem's style, his way of rapping, requires more "practice," anyone can see that.
 8 years ago '05        #38
space
space
 #1nasfan said:
That's not the same thing, but there actually has been evidence presented to prove one sides point (although I don't think it proves it fully) it is evidence. I personally don't think this thread is that dumb. Although, I dont think it matters whether one rapper can rap similar to the other everybody has their own style.
it is the same thing, because there is no proof eminem could freestyle while flying a plane, and no proof eminem would be better at rapping about rims, and wayne rapping about incest, it's speculation to the highest degree. Maybe my example is more extreme in terms of it being perceived applicable, but no evidence supports this debate on either side, which makes it stupid to argue. It's like Religion vs Evolution, neither have empirical evidence, so there is no outcome of truth, simply people out argue the flaws of each others perspective, which isn't the same.

Get it Right said:
Goodbye.

The point of this thread is: Eminem's style, his way of rapping, requires more "practice," anyone can see that.
Requires more practice? And how did you come to measure, that eminem style required more practice and perfection, than Waynes? Did you directly observe this?

Your a.ssumptions comes from the idea that rapping about incest, pitbull f**king, homos3xuality, is harder than cars, rims, and mysognistic ideals.

Or does your a.ssUMPTION, come from the fact that people can imitate wayne easier than Eminem, which is the same as "more practice" You can't win an argument with me, this is simple logic, get it right.

You're arguing that you can prove something with no evidence, I'm saying you can't. Im 100% sure I'm right.

Last edited by OG T Gutta N; 01-17-2010 at 03:43 PM..
 01-17-2010, 03:48 PM         #39
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cantankerous said:
it is the same thing, because there is no proof eminem could freestyle while flying a plane, and no proof eminem would be better at rapping about rims, and wayne rapping about incest, it's speculation to the highest degree. Maybe my example is more extreme in terms of it being perceived applicable, but no evidence supports this debate on either side, which makes it stupid to argue. It's like Religion vs Evolution, neither have empirical evidence, so there is no outcome of truth, simply people out argue the flaws of each others perspective, which isn't the same.
Since Wayne has reached the peak of his career, how many sound-a-likes have you heard? I'll answer that question for you — plenty!

Now, look at Eminem, when he was in he peak. No-one could master his style because it took much practice to mimic his style.

The lames are easy to imitate; because, they never put much practice in, to begin with. You have to put work in to even be compared to Micheal Jordan — you don't expect a rookie to get comparisons.

An ordinary bum off the street could "out rhyme" Wayne, with the quickness.

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '05        #40
space
space
 Get it Right said:
Since Wayne has reached the peak of his career, how many sound-a-likes have you heard? I'll answer that question for you — plenty!

Now, look at Eminem, when he was in he peak. No-one could master his style because it took much practice to mimic his style.
Wayne has many sound a-likes, but Eminem doesn't have anyone try to mimic him? Hiphop is dominated by blacks, so obviously thats not going to be represented the same way.

But, Necro, Ill Bill, Cage(who actually had beef with eminem claiming em bit HIS style), wait, then there is Bizzare, and D12 who wouldn't even cover certain material that they do if it weren't for eminem, but eminem has no one trying to mimic him? Not even mimic him, but cover the same revolving topics is a better way to put it, and they don't do it as good as Em, neither do Wayne stans, but again; how did you measure this, and come to that conclusion? The fact there are more wayne mimics out, doesn't mean it's a direct correlation of that measurement.

I can out talk you until you sound stupid, or talk like I'm just as stupid. Either way, you aren't right. I'm not arguing for Wayne(which is what you're trying to get me to do), I'm saying this topic is stupid in it's entirety, and there is no evidence to support your claim.

Last edited by OG T Gutta N; 01-17-2010 at 03:59 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
30 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
63 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
285 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
128 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
53 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
90 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
63 comments
20 hours ago