Dec 20 - Why do we hate Black Women so much?

most viewed right now
Sep 29 - Average Cable TV Bill Now Over $100/Month; “Every Year is a New Recor..
62 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dat d-thang
15 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sep 29 - The List of Clinton Associates Who’ve Died Mysteriously.
83 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Need To Know Her Name
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-20-2004, 02:28 PM         #1
11385 pageviews
90 comments

LiquidSwordz718 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dec 20 - Why do we hate Black Women so much?

Why do we hate Black Women so much?
By: Hadji Williams

Somewhere between the 24/7/365 coverage of white women like Laci Peterson, Martha Stewart, and shows like BET’s UN:CUT something dawned on me: We hate black women. We hate black women so much that when someone k!lls a black woman it barely makes the local news, nevermind the national news. We hate black women so much that if a black woman goes missing, we never look for them. (They’re called “Amber Alerts” and “Megan’s Law” and not “Lakeesha Alerts” or “Shanita’s Law” for a reason.) In fact, the only time we ever look for black women is when we’re casting for strippers, babymammas, hoes, bi*ches, c*ckteasing gold-diggers, magical-negro-enabler-for-their-white-friends, attitude-filled caricatures. And even then, that black woman had better not be too “dark” or too “thick” or her big black butt won’t be working too much.

We hate black women so much that we refuse to even get outraged over the fact that 50% of all new AIDS cases in America are among Black women. We hate black women so much that when they get pregnant, we blame them, as if they all made withdrawals from the local sperm bank. We hate black women so much that we rationalize slurs like “bi*ch” and “ho” at almost every opportunity. We hate black women so much that when it comes to beauty standards, the feminist movements, women’s rights and health, we still subjugate Black Women to the perspectives and paradigms of White Women and gay white men (and to an increasing degree Hispanic Women)… Yep, we truly hate black women.

Now when I say “we,” of course I mean White America—the only black women they seem to even acknowledge are: Oprah, Condoleeza Rice, Queen Latifah, Alicia Keys, Star Jones, Whoopi Goldberg, Maya Angelou, and Robin Quivers (Howard Stern’s sidekick). But when I say “we” I also mean the hip-hop community, Black men and Black America at large. Whether we like it or not, WE may well be among the biggest Black Women haters of all.

Just look at our actions:

We’re the ones who ignore/defend the misogyny in our own communities. We’re the ones who’ve been covering up the endless domestic abuse and the man-sharing/random s3x partners for generations. (I wouldn’t be surprised if our hatred of black women has factored into the AIDS epidemic. After all, it’s just Black Women catching it, so who cares about increasing treatment and changing behavior, right?) We’re the ones who accept leaving black women alone to raise the kids that we helped them create. We’re the ones who defend treating black women like products and s3x objects in the videos and on the street corners of our communities. We’re the ones who defend interracial relationships as being the product of black women driving black men to women outside the community. We’re the ones who chase all the standards of womanhood that the larger society says we should.

I think we accept and defend the misogyny in hip-hop because, on one level or another, we believe that black women (at least most of ‘em) deserve it. It’s just understood that when emcees talk about bi*ches and hoes, they’re talking about Black women as bi*ches and hoes. That’s why you don’t hear much outrage from mainstream women’s groups like N.O.W., Independent Women’s forum, etc. because they know this misogyny isn’t implicitly directed at white women—except maybe if Eminem says it. And of course he’s proven that he’s not above calling black women bi*ches and ******s every now and then. (In fact, looking back, I think the main reason so many of us forgave Eminem’s “black bi*ches/******s” was because Eminem was only saying what most of us already think about Black Women.) And we accept the institution of pimping because it’s inherently built on degrading and commoditizing Black women; and of course, black women deserve what they get… right?

There’s so much hatred of black women, not only in America, but also in countless other countries around the world. You see it in the double standards for access to healthcare, representation in government and businesses, etc.… But mostly you see it in the way we treat Black women and in the way we allow others to treat and portray Black women. When you put all this together, the answer is simple: America, Black America and Hiphop included simply hates Black Women.

And personally, I’m sick and tired of waiting for white folks to stop it or to solve it. (As they’ve proven time and time again, they don’t do anything for black folks unless they can control it or profit from it, or unless they feel like they don’t have a choice.) Nope… My goal for 2005 and beyond is to finally get answers to two questions: (1) When are we as a community going to acknowledge this hatred? (2) What are we as individuals and as communities going to do to stop this hatred?

Hadji Williams is author of the new book, KNOCK THE HUSTLE: HOW TO SAVE YOUR JOB AND YOUR LIFE FROM CORPORATE AMERICA, hiphop’s first success guide for business, culture and life. Email him: author@knockthehustle.com and get free excerpts, order info, etc. at:
[pic - click to view]

www.knockthehustle.com

90 comments for "Dec 20 - Why do we hate Black Women so much?"

12-20-2004, 02:41 PM         #2
Young_Smoke 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
.................I jus be sick of the finger snappin girlz
 12 years ago '04        #3
biggfoot024 
space
space
$754 | Props total: 0 0
 Young_Smoke said:
.................I jus be sick of the finger snappin girlz
^same waiz. i have sum friendz that are black gurlz too tho
 12 years ago '04        #4
killyoself 
space
space
space
$86 | Props total: 0 0
sick of these black bi*ches. all they want is money and most of them want a thug and then get mad when he woop that a.ss. its they own fault for having all them babies. women choose to have kids or not man got no say in it. every girl u talk to is materialistic and want someone to pay for them. best thing is to get a big block cause u can treat them like u want and they will treat u like a king. hahaha
FearNone slapped this ish

12-20-2004, 03:06 PM         #5
nyykid 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I like the same percentage of black girls as i do white girls, not many.
 12 years ago '04        #6
cnice 
space
space
$1,246 | Props total: 0 0
good read...some black girls is too ghetto tho but i kno black girls that im cool with too..
 12 years ago '04        #7
Djkommish6 
space
space
$2,938 | Props total: 31 31
yall replys sound racist are yall white....?? Mexican or something? I know it ain't no black dudes saying that and if it is, they GOT to be some sellouts!!! All women got problems...not just blacks!
FearNone gave props

12 years ago '04        #8
DJWho 
space
space
$1,309 | Props total: 1 1
sh*t i came from a black female, I love black females i know yall that said the stuff at the top are not black or dont want no black kids
 12 years ago '04        #9
young_al 
space
space
$1,366 | Props total: 25 25
 LiquidSwordz718 said:
Why do we hate Black Women so much?
By: Hadji Williams

Somewhere between the 24/7/365 coverage of white women like Laci Peterson, Martha Stewart, and shows like BET’s UN:CUT something dawned on me: We hate black women. We hate black women so much that when someone k!lls a black woman it barely makes the local news, nevermind the national news. We hate black women so much that if a black woman goes missing, we never look for them. (They’re called “Amber Alerts” and “Megan’s Law” and not “Lakeesha Alerts” or “Shanita’s Law” for a reason.) In fact, the only time we ever look for black women is when we’re casting for strippers, babymammas, hoes, bi*ches, c*ckteasing gold-diggers, magical-negro-enabler-for-their-white-friends, attitude-filled caricatures. And even then, that black woman had better not be too “dark” or too “thick” or her big black butt won’t be working too much.

We hate black women so much that we refuse to even get outraged over the fact that 50% of all new AIDS cases in America are among Black women. We hate black women so much that when they get pregnant, we blame them, as if they all made withdrawals from the local sperm bank. We hate black women so much that we rationalize slurs like “bi*ch” and “ho” at almost every opportunity. We hate black women so much that when it comes to beauty standards, the feminist movements, women’s rights and health, we still subjugate Black Women to the perspectives and paradigms of White Women and gay white men (and to an increasing degree Hispanic Women)… Yep, we truly hate black women.

Now when I say “we,” of course I mean White America—the only black women they seem to even acknowledge are: Oprah, Condoleeza Rice, Queen Latifah, Alicia Keys, Star Jones, Whoopi Goldberg, Maya Angelou, and Robin Quivers (Howard Stern’s sidekick). But when I say “we” I also mean the hip-hop community, Black men and Black America at large. Whether we like it or not, WE may well be among the biggest Black Women haters of all.

Just look at our actions:

We’re the ones who ignore/defend the misogyny in our own communities. We’re the ones who’ve been covering up the endless domestic abuse and the man-sharing/random s3x partners for generations. (I wouldn’t be surprised if our hatred of black women has factored into the AIDS epidemic. After all, it’s just Black Women catching it, so who cares about increasing treatment and changing behavior, right?) We’re the ones who accept leaving black women alone to raise the kids that we helped them create. We’re the ones who defend treating black women like products and s3x objects in the videos and on the street corners of our communities. We’re the ones who defend interracial relationships as being the product of black women driving black men to women outside the community. We’re the ones who chase all the standards of womanhood that the larger society says we should.

I think we accept and defend the misogyny in hip-hop because, on one level or another, we believe that black women (at least most of ‘em) deserve it. It’s just understood that when emcees talk about bi*ches and hoes, they’re talking about Black women as bi*ches and hoes. That’s why you don’t hear much outrage from mainstream women’s groups like N.O.W., Independent Women’s forum, etc. because they know this misogyny isn’t implicitly directed at white women—except maybe if Eminem says it. And of course he’s proven that he’s not above calling black women bi*ches and ******s every now and then. (In fact, looking back, I think the main reason so many of us forgave Eminem’s “black bi*ches/******s” was because Eminem was only saying what most of us already think about Black Women.) And we accept the institution of pimping because it’s inherently built on degrading and commoditizing Black women; and of course, black women deserve what they get… right?

There’s so much hatred of black women, not only in America, but also in countless other countries around the world. You see it in the double standards for access to healthcare, representation in government and businesses, etc.… But mostly you see it in the way we treat Black women and in the way we allow others to treat and portray Black women. When you put all this together, the answer is simple: America, Black America and Hiphop included simply hates Black Women.

And personally, I’m sick and tired of waiting for white folks to stop it or to solve it. (As they’ve proven time and time again, they don’t do anything for black folks unless they can control it or profit from it, or unless they feel like they don’t have a choice.) Nope… My goal for 2005 and beyond is to finally get answers to two questions: (1) When are we as a community going to acknowledge this hatred? (2) What are we as individuals and as communities going to do to stop this hatred?

Hadji Williams is author of the new book, KNOCK THE HUSTLE: HOW TO SAVE YOUR JOB AND YOUR LIFE FROM CORPORATE AMERICA, hiphop’s first success guide for business, culture and life. Email him: and get free excerpts, order info, etc. at: [WEBSITE LINK]

First off nice thread.Second i dont hate black women its just i dont understand them,infact i dont understand any women 100% and your right if a black chic is too "dark" then CORPORATE AMERICA is ew.My idea is there is UGLY LIGHT SKIN WOMEN AND UGLY DARKSKIN WOMEN.Now as far as BET,people dont realize that BET is own by white people they dont wanna show videos like da la soul new vid or the beatnuts instead on uncut you have some wack a.ss rapper and alot of women doing borderline pr0n.
FearNone gave props

12-20-2004, 04:13 PM         #10
proximatuM 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
u are really on ta sumthin'. I appreciate this post cuz' it says that u know a little bout whuss goinz on___
 12 years ago '04        #11
cddal3 
space
space
$2,872 | Props total: 0 0
good article.

and who's that in your avy proximatum?

Last edited by cddal3; 12-20-2004 at 04:15 PM..
 12 years ago '04        #12
Jigga0o7 
space
space
$6,880 | Props total: 0 0
I don't hate black women, but I just don't get along with most of em. Hard as fu*k for a guy like me to even spit game because i'm not a baller or nothin, so ofcourse i'm gonna get overlooked. They wanna go for that thug n*gga, but that ain't me. I'm the kinda n*gga that works with computers, writes plays/poetry/stories/articles for the school paper, hangin out with my friends or whatever. I aint no baller, i'm not some wanna be gangsta thug type or nothin. I don't fit in with any stereotypical sh*t, i'm just a guy.

sh*t pisses me off when I see a fiiine a.ss black girl and I try to talk to her, and then ole playa playa gets her and treats her like sh*t. I was listening to Murs - The Pain a few days ago, and found that song is my anthem. So since i'm always fu*kin overlooked i've just been dating white girls, mexican girls, asian girls, brazilian girls, etc. Call me a sellout, but sh*t I try to holla but it pisses me off to lose to mr. playa playa. fu*k that. I wanna come back to this town after college and just drive around with my window down laughing at all these future babies mama's I know right now. fu*k em.
 12 years ago '04        #13
KURUPTION!!! 525 heat pts525
space
space
$34,205 | Props total: 330 330
I don't hate Black Woman at all. I just think a lot of the good ones are hard to find......................
 12 years ago '04        #14
Jigga0o7 
space
space
$6,880 | Props total: 0 0
 kuruption81 said:
I don't hate Black Woman at all. I just think a lot of the good ones are hard to find......................
Yeah, I know a couple good ones. The rest I know make me think eminem had good points in that foolish pride song. Cuz those broads... wow. Got dough and you're allllll set with em. Hell, have anything and they try to get at you. I was at school a few months ago eatin lunch with my friends and this hoe comes up to me (I don't even know her) and starts eating my fries actin all cute like it's all good. I told her to get the fu*k outta my face. Pigeon-like hoes man, fly from no where, get what they need, and bounce. But I do know a good few. The ghetto pigeons fu*k it up for the cool ones, for the public eye.

Last edited by Jigga0o7; 12-20-2004 at 04:42 PM..
 12 years ago '04        #15
Defjm 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,309 | Props total: 118 118
 Jigga0o7 said:
I don't hate black women, but I just don't get along with most of em. Hard as fu*k for a guy like me to even spit game because i'm not a baller or nothin, so ofcourse i'm gonna get overlooked. They wanna go for that thug n*gga, but that ain't me. I'm the kinda n*gga that works with computers, writes plays/poetry/stories/articles for the school paper, hangin out with my friends or whatever. I aint no baller, i'm not some wanna be gangsta thug type or nothin. I don't fit in with any stereotypical sh*t, i'm just a guy.

sh*t pisses me off when I see a fiiine a.ss black girl and I try to talk to her, and then ole playa playa gets her and treats her like sh*t. I was listening to Murs - The Pain a few days ago, and found that song is my anthem. So since i'm always fu*kin overlooked i've just been dating white girls, mexican girls, asian girls, brazilian girls, etc. Call me a sellout, but sh*t I try to holla but it pisses me off to lose to mr. playa playa. fu*k that. I wanna come back to this town after college and just drive around with my window down laughing at all these future babies mama's I know right now. fu*k em.
damn i agree wit u on that sh*t, props
 12-20-2004, 05:58 PM         #16
ALPOISKING 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 killyoself said:
sick of these black bi*ches. all they want is money and most of them want a thug and then get mad when he woop that a.ss. its they own fault for having all them babies. women choose to have kids or not man got no say in it. every girl u talk to is materialistic and want someone to pay for them. best thing is to get a big block cause u can treat them like u want and they will treat u like a king. hahaha
MAN WTF IS DAT HOMEBOY YOU ON SOME OTHER sh*t
FearNone gave props

12-20-2004, 06:05 PM         #17
jamaal45 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I Like black women more than white or whateva race
white women cool but most are too thin
I like thick black women
fu*k who eva hatin
 12-20-2004, 06:13 PM         #18
u_dont_know_me 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Djkommish6 said:
yall replys sound racist are yall white....?? Mexican or something? I know it ain't no black dudes saying that and if it is, they GOT to be some sellouts!!! All women got problems...not just blacks!
^co-signs....and im married 2 a fine a.ss geechie gurl from S.C. and white girlz aint sh*t but head hunters round my way
 12-20-2004, 06:45 PM         #19
jae phill 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i love BLACK GIRLS specially with the slick black hair done and nails classy look talk regular knows how to carry herself etc true ebony queen.

but i hate ****** GIRLS snap fingers suck on teeth nails about 6 inches long rocking a ugly as hair style wearing contacts rocking horse hair more then her head can handle zig zagging her fu*king head snapping her fingers rolling her eyes and what not

this is coming from a puerto rican mixed black
and by the way the black and ****** i used is for intelligent people to catch my drift it should be obvious
 12 years ago '04        #20
thelife336 
space
space
$303 | Props total: 0 0
Like all women,,,especially Latinas!!!! So lets move on
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Cuban With A Mean Cake, OMG!!!
40 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Smash or Pass Pawg Thickii Nickii?...
86 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 28 - California changes law because of Bill Cosby
50 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
MMA Conor McGregor Sons Jeremy Stephens
70 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Envy Reveals He Was Shot At On Highway Last Week! fu-k Whoever Hatin..
145 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Beanie Sigel speaks on being sucker punched and discusses Meek Mill
650 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Do You Think Your Smart Enough To Solve This Puzzle( Probably Not)
45 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside I can vouch for this. The game is this bad, no joke. One of the WORST P..
26 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy