God of War III

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
191 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
138 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
227 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
81 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #281
smj_724 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,474 | Props total: 710 710
i've never played gow but since the 3rd is coming out i borrowed the collection from one of my homeboys and the game is straight piff :cool-smiley-009: its definitely better to play the 1st 2 before the 3rd because now i know what to expect and im looking forward to getting it
 8 years ago '04        #282
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
For those of you who can't find/don't have/didn't play Chains of Olympus or the God of War Cellphone game i'll put the basic story line in here...

Set halfway through Kratos' 10 years of service to the Gods, Chains of Olympus begins with the gods sending Kratos to the city of Attica to help defend the city from the invading Persian army. Spotting a basilisk climbing over the city walls, Kratos gives chase through the city. While chasing the basilisk, Kratos confronts the Persian King inside the city and k!lls him. After defeating the basilisk, he witnesses the sun fall from the sky, plunging the world in darkness. Following the dim remaining light on the horizon, Kratos f!ghts his way through the city of Marathon, along the way encountering the black fog of Morpheus, which now covers the land in darkness.

Eventually Kratos makes his way to the Temple of Helios (source of the remaining light) and the Sun chariot. He encounters a statue of Athena, who tells him that Helios has disappeared and Morpheus has used this to his advantage to cause the gods to fall "into a deep slumber." Athena wants Kratos to retrieve Helios so he can release Morpheus' grasp on the other gods and his power over the Earth. Along the way, Kratos is haunted by a strange melody, which he later recognizes as the song of his daughter Calliope. Kratos f!ghts his way through the Temple of Helios and is sent to the caves within the temple of Olympus by Eos. Meeting her in the caves, she tells Kratos that she will guarantee the gods' promise of relieving him from his nightmares if he will help her save Helios from the Titan Atlas, who has abducted him. Kratos does not believe her (having been lied to by the gods before); however, he reluctantly agrees to help save Helios. Kratos then retrieves the primordial fire needed to awaken the fire steeds from the cave and returns to the temple.

After restoring the fire steeds back to life, the horses lead Kratos into the underworld before retreating. There, he meets Charon on his ferry upon the river Styx. Charon compares the similarities between himself and Kratos, saying they 'are both slaves to the Olympians', and tells Kratos to go, saying it is not yet his time. Denying Kratos' passage, and with Kratos refusing to leave, they f!ght before Charon knocks Kratos unconscious and drops him into Tartarus. Kratos witnesses the breaking of the chains binding Atlas in the pits of Tartarus; Kratos eventually f!ghts and climbs his way out of Tartarus, this time defeating Charon. He takes the ferry and follows the light of Helios (currently illuminating the underworld) down the river Styx, eventually coming upon the Temple of Persephone. He sees his daughter Calliope on the shorelines of the temple and follows her inside. Unable to find her, instead he meets Persephone, Queen of the Underworld.

God of War series chronology

Chains of Olympus
God of War
Betrayal
God of War II
God of War III

Persephone tells Kratos that Calliope is in the fields of Elysium and that the only way to see her again is for Kratos to "release" all of his past evils and become worthy of Elysium, giving up his powers given to him by the gods; however, Persephone warns him that the world will suffer for his choice. After transferring his power into the Forsaken Tree, which included all of his weapons, his magic and relics, Kratos regains his humanity, becoming a normal man and being reunited with his daughter. However, Persephone appears: she taunts and mocks Kratos' choice and reveals to him her true plans.

Bitter at being betrayed by Zeus, tricked by Hades and abandoned by the gods, Persephone was the one who had freed Atlas. While Kratos was disarming himself, Atlas was slowly carrying out Persephone's plan to destroy the pillar that holds the world, and with it, Olympus. Persephone plans to k!ll everyone, including herself, to free her from her situation. Kratos realizes now that if he stays with his daughter, it would mean the end of the world for everyone, including Calliope and himself. Though it tears him apart, he sacrifices seeing his daughter again in order to regain his power by k!lling all the souls in Elysium. From some of the souls he gets back his weapons, relics and magic. Because of this, he once more becomes the Ghost of Sparta, regaining his characteristic appearance.

With his skills restored, Kratos pursues Persephone, catching her at the base of the pillar. She tells him it is the end, then reveals her other form - a winged beast clad in black armor- before carrying Kratos to the top of the pillar. Once they reach the summit, Kratos and Persephone engage in a bloody final battle; during the battle, Persephone tries to subdue and confuse Kratos, urging him to go back to Elysium and be with Calliope, and when he resists, she orders Atlas to destroy him. Kratos chains Atlas to the roof of the underworld before returning to battle Persephone and eventually k!lling her with Zeus' Gauntlet. Dying, but uncaring of her fate, the goddess taunts Kratos, snarling that now his suffering shall never end as her body then explodes, severing the pillar in the shockwave with Atlas now the only thing holding the world together. Though the Titan too gloats to him about the gods' true plans for him, Kratos believes his path is clear, serving them regardless so they will keep their promises to free him from his nightmares as it is all he has left. Atlas ends by foretelling that they will meet again, and Kratos will come to regret the events that occurred here.

Keeping his own promise to the gods, Kratos returns Helios to the sky. But he is left with the knowledge that his sins have consumed him, and he will never be pure enough to see his daughter again. Weak from battle, Kratos falls unconscious from the sun chariot, but is suddenly stopped before striking the ground. He has landed on the cliffs that he would later jump from in the original God of War. Two gods, Athena and Helios approach him and, as they praise him for his work, remove the Sun Shield and the Gauntlet of Zeus. As they depart through the gate to Olympus, Helios suggests on helping further. Athena replies by saying "He'll live. They must." The pair then retreat through the gateway to Olympus, leaving Kratos unconscious at the cliffs overlooking the Aegean Sea.
 8 years ago '04        #283
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
And then the story from God of War: Betrayal for Verizon Cell phones... (this tells you more why Zeus wants to kick Kratos' a.ss...

and for those of you who don't or didn't know...

God of War: Betrayal received a rating of 9/10 from IGN.com. The review extolled: "Have no fear, this is no watered-down God of War experience. It's the real deal third game in the k!ller franchise and if you are any kind of God of War fan, you'll put aside whatever grudge you might have against mobile gaming and seek out this download ASAP."

[spoiler - click to view]

8 years ago '05        #284
Sco Dylan 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,591 | Props total: 2648 2648
 jhj26 said:
nah son; u need to play part 1 and 2 first or else you wont know how we got to the level of beef we are at today....THIS SHYT IS ABOUT TO GO DOWN

thehogue... said:
You should pick up all 3. I'm gonna do it and playing them all back to back. I've never played GOW.
For real though, you're in for a hell of a time. I had never played GOW games when they came out cuz all I played at the time was GTA and Madden and wasn't that big on gaming, and I thought it was some lame fantasy setting.

Wasn't til GOW3 was announced that I actually looked a little closer and saw it was Greek mythology which I love, so I was planning on buying both games for PS2 before 3 came out. Then I got lucky and they announced the Collections which I preordered and platinumed both games and they are CRACK

Got the Ultimate Edition GOW3 on preorder...can't f**kin wait.

And dude judging the game on the demo ...you know the demo is from early '09? Read everything people that have played it have said so far and everything is "it's way better than the demo" from the graphics to the scale to the gameplay. The demo was just to wet your whistle lol
 8 years ago '07        #285
link04 87 heat pts87
space
space
$12,614 | Props total: 3937 3937
 kaseemromani said:
god of war=button masher
it was already stated that if you think your gonna run through this version of GOW just hitting buttons, your sadly mistaken. THIS WILL NOT BE A BUTTON MASHER AT BEST.
 8 years ago '04        #286
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 784 784
 Sco Dylan said:

For real though, you're in for a hell of a time. I had never played GOW games when they came out cuz all I played at the time was GTA and Madden and wasn't that big on gaming, and I thought it was some lame fantasy setting.

Wasn't til GOW3 was announced that I actually looked a little closer and saw it was Greek mythology which I love, so I was planning on buying both games for PS2 before 3 came out. Then I got lucky and they announced the Collections which I preordered and platinumed both games and they are CRACK

Got the Ultimate Edition GOW3 on preorder...can't f**kin wait.

And dude judging the game on the demo ...you know the demo is from early '09? Read everything people that have played it have said so far and everything is "it's way better than the demo" from the graphics to the scale to the gameplay. The demo was just to wet your whistle lol
are you f**kin serious
you claim to love greek mythology but didnt know god of war series was based on it.
the obvious hint was in the name which was the title for ares. if further proof if you seen type of promotion for the at all
dont lie to us n*gga
 8 years ago '05        #287
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
There are other Gods of War such as in Ancient Egyptian mythology, not just Greek.

But the Greek God of War should have been better well known either way.
 8 years ago '04        #288
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 784 784
 JaiMega said:
There are other Gods of War such as in Ancient Egyptian mythology, not just Greek.

But the Greek God of War should have been better well known either way.
c'mon son

the most well known one is ares. ask anybody who god of war is and see how many times they say ares until they name someone else is
 8 years ago '06        #289
d4deesnuts 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,425 | Props total: 3136 3136
if u play on the harder difficulties, its not a button masher, anyways, this is the game ive been lookingn forward to the most for over a year now, cant wait for this s**t!
 8 years ago '04        #290
# 58 
space
space
$3,509 | Props total: 100 100
 Eminem313 said:

the hype just keeps building
 8 years ago '06        #291
Game375 48 heat pts48
space
space
$13,525 | Props total: 949 949
Got to k!ll zues.. Again
Posted via Mobile Device
 03-08-2010, 11:09 AM         #292
><>Young'n<>< 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
gamespot gave it a 9.0...i just caught a glance, they seem to have taken it down tho....i really cant stand Gamestops lazy a.ss rating system anymore
 03-08-2010, 11:11 AM         #293
><>Young'n<>< 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
IGN says...9.3

it says the story is "far from perfect"
 8 years ago '09        #294
McmasterlockPt2 41 heat pts41
space
space
$12,909 | Props total: 839 839

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/886158/god-of-war-iii/videos/gow3_vdr_030510.html

Last edited by McmasterlockPt2; 03-08-2010 at 11:25 AM..
 03-08-2010, 12:06 PM         #295
lazerface 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 McmasterlockPt2 said:

yeah, definitely not a perfect score...
 8 years ago '05        #296
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,084 | Props total: 10762 10762
So is it a 9.3 or is it a 10? Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '06        #297
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,983 | Props total: 10641 10641
wow people really think god of war is better then ninja gaiden?Yall who think this every play NG or just talkin cause u hate xbox?God of war is the s**t but it does not touch ninja gaiden
 8 years ago '04        #298
money36 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,691 | Props total: 128 128
I can agree with the 9.3 review ign gave it. If you have played the first two your getting more of the same with better graphics. The story is suspected to be not be as good as the ps2 versions.
 03-08-2010, 03:05 PM         #299
><>Young'n<>< 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im really questioning the Graphics department at IGN. they gave CODMW2 a 10 and this a 9.5...
 8 years ago '05        #300
DtownThugsta313 
space
space
$3,125 | Props total: 2 2
 P-Hill said:
So is it a 9.3 or is it a 10? Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
its 9.3 on the site i believe they downgraded it cause it doesnt have multi not every game needs multiplayer
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
65 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
48 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
47 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago