Steph Kegels
85 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
55 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
117 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
256 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #101
Pr0pa_Sh0rti 
space
space
$4,993 | Props total: 10 10
 D.S.O.M. said:
every rapper uses lines from other artists why is it that JAY-z is the only one who gets criticized for it

CAM I DONT WRITE s**t
To be honest dude I know A LOT of hip hop off by heart and I've never listened to another rapper and heard whole lines bitten like I did with Jay.

"The S.Dot's on my feet make my Cypher complete"- Illmatic Nas anyone?

"When the remys in the system, aint no tellin, when i f**k em will i diss em, thats what they be yellin"- BIG which Jay stole.

"Cuz i see some ladies tonight that should be rolling with Jay-Z"- Sound familiar?

"Thug n*gga til the end tell a friend b**ch"- From BIG song Friend Of Mine used on So Ghetto.

"Was born rough and rugged addressing the mass public, my attitude is fukk it cuz motherfukkers love it"- Pac anyone?

"From the womb to the tomb, from now until my doom, drink army from one cup pass it around the room (That's a family n*gga) That's the ritual"- "Borrowed" from Nasir

"Though shall not f**k with raw me or he face a thousand deaths", the original BIG line is

"Though shall not f**k with raw C. poppa, feel a thousand deaths when I drop ya"

"This goes out to my Brooklyn crew, represtin all the freaky b**ches f**k 'em all day and f**k 'em all night, we don't love these hoes- BIG on nasty Boy Remix

Jay's copy from Face Off

"This goes out to my Brooklyn crew put ya guns up in the air if ya feel me (If ya feel me)
f**k 'em all day **** 'em all night, we don't love these hoes"

"Once upon a time not too long ago a n*gga like myself had to strong-arm a hoe and this is not a hoe in the sense of havin a pus$y, but a pus$y havin no goddamn sense, tryin to push me"- Sound familiar?

"A lime to a lemon, my D.C. women bringin in ten g's a minimum, the condos wit elevatas in 'em"- B.I.G.

"A lime to a lemon my VA women wit tha monolo blonicks cause my condo wit elevatas in 'em"- Jay

"Gather around party-goers..thass if ya still livin and get on down to tha 'ol Slick rhythm" Slick

Jay's version

"Gather round hustlas...thass if ya still living and get on down to that 'ol Jig rhythm"

"I got a money hungry lawyer thatll eat the case"- Jadakiss

"I got a money hungry lawyer that'll eat the case"- Jay 5 years later.

"I came to a fork in tha road an went straight"- Cappadonna

"I drove by a fork in tha road an went straight"- Jay years later.

Oh and course even Eminem

"I used to give a f**k, now I give a f**k less what do I think of success It sucks too much to stress"- Word for word from Success of a famous Em song.

"All i got for chicks is hard d!ck and bubblegum"- Big L line.

Theres just SOME of the lines he's bitten.

Thats the problem with Jay. He thinks he can change ONE or two words of someone elses verse and people won't notice. But real hip hop heads KNOW those lines. I like Jay but please mention another rapper who you could quote all those lines of taking from others, because I sure can't.

And BTW when did I ever say Cam'Ron was good?? All I said is he compiled a track showing that Jay-Z does bite a lot of other rappers lyrics.

Last edited by Pr0pa_Sh0rti; 01-14-2010 at 05:03 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #102
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 Pr0pa_Sh0rti said:
To be honest dude I know A LOT of hip hop off by heart and I've never listened to another rapper and heard whole lines bitten like I did with Jay.

"The S.Dot's on my feet make my Cypher complete"- Illmatic Nas anyone?

"When the remys in the system, aint no tellin, when i f**k em will i diss em, thats what they be yellin"- BIG which Jay stole.

"Cuz i see some ladies tonight that should be rolling with Jay-Z"- Sound familiar?

"Thug n*gga til the end tell a friend b**ch"- From BIG song Friend Of Mine used on So Ghetto.

"Was born rough and rugged addressing the mass public, my attitude is fukk it cuz motherfukkers love it"- Pac anyone?

"From the womb to the tomb, from now until my doom, drink army from one cup pass it around the room (That's a family n*gga) That's the ritual"- "Borrowed" from Nasir

"Though shall not f**k with raw me or he face a thousand deaths", the original BIG line is

"Though shall not f**k with raw C. poppa, feel a thousand deaths when I drop ya"

"This goes out to my Brooklyn crew, represtin all the freaky b**ches f**k 'em all day and f**k 'em all night, we don't love these hoes- BIG on nasty Boy Remix

Jay's copy from Face Off

"This goes out to my Brooklyn crew put ya guns up in the air if ya feel me (If ya feel me)
f**k 'em all day **** 'em all night, we don't love these hoes"

"Once upon a time not too long ago a n*gga like myself had to strong-arm a hoe and this is not a hoe in the sense of havin a pus$y, but a pus$y havin no goddamn sense, tryin to push me"- Sound familiar?

"A lime to a lemon, my D.C. women bringin in ten g's a minimum, the condos wit elevatas in 'em"- B.I.G.

"A lime to a lemon my VA women wit tha monolo blonicks cause my condo wit elevatas in 'em"- Jay

"Gather around party-goers..thass if ya still livin and get on down to tha 'ol Slick rhythm" Slick

Jay's version

"Gather round hustlas...thass if ya still living and get on down to that 'ol Jig rhythm"

"I got a money hungry lawyer thatll eat the case"- Jadakiss

"I got a money hungry lawyer that'll eat the case"- Jay 5 years later.

"I came to a fork in tha road an went straight"- Cappadonna

"I drove by a fork in tha road an went straight"- Jay years later.

Oh and course even Eminem

"I used to give a f**k, now I give a f**k less what do I think of success It sucks too much to stress"- Word for word from Success of a famous Em song.

"All i got for chicks is hard d!ck and bubblegum"- Big L line.

Theres just SOME of the lines he's bitten.

Thats the problem with Jay. He thinks he can change ONE or two words of someone elses verse and people won't notice. But real hip hop heads KNOW those lines. I like Jay but please mention another rapper who you could quote all those lines of taking from others, because I sure can't.

And BTW when did I ever say Cam'Ron was good?? All I said is he compiled a track showing that Jay-Z does bite a lot of other rappers lyrics.
Thats the difference IMO. Soem of those lines are so blatantly bitten you know jay did it on purpose and knew the heads would know where he got it from, Such as the Slick Rick lines, I mean the song is called The Rulers Back, same with the Pac line, befor he even spits he says he feels like Pac. Im not tryna make excuses for him, but when ur 10+ albums deep your original material outweighs the 'bitten' lines. He basically quotes legends, most people know this.
 8 years ago '07        #103
Pr0pa_Sh0rti 
space
space
 sheedawg said:
Thats the difference IMO. Soem of those lines are so blatantly bitten you know jay did it on purpose and knew the heads would know where he got it from, Such as the Slick Rick lines, I mean the song is called The Rulers Back, same with the Pac line, befor he even spits he says he feels like Pac. Im not tryna make excuses for him, but when ur 10+ albums deep your original material outweighs the 'bitten' lines. He basically quotes legends, most people know this.
But why does Jay get the excuse??? NO ONE else would. What about the Eminem line, what about all those BIG and Big L lines he never mentioned their names. I'm sorry doesn't matter who does it, it's not exceptable. Artists like Pac, Eminem, Nas, Wu-Tang, Snoop Dogg are albums and albums and albums deep and I've never heard a line from them that is copied or "paying homage" as Jay would say. He isn't paying homage because he KNOWS the younger generation won't know these lines from the originals and most of these he hasn't even mentioned to artist names before he said those lines. I treat Jay like I treat ANY emcee and it's not acceptable
 01-14-2010, 05:35 AM         #104
Young Forever  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^Nobody cares b**ch.

f**k a king, jays the goat.

He left Biggie in his dust back in 01 anyways.
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '07        #105
Pr0pa_Sh0rti 
space
space
 Young Forever said:
^Nobody cares b**ch.

f**k a king, jays the goat.

He left Biggie in his dust back in 01 anyways.
Posted via Mobile Device

You are the epitome of a 14 year old stan, a b**ch boy that uses the net to hide his face and bash hard on those keyboard keys because in the real world dudes deeboo your face into the concrete.

Nas is my fav emcee of all time, however I realize Nas's last album was awful, I realize I Am was awful, I realize HHID was awful. I don't let my like of Nas jade my common sense. Why don't you try to do the same instead of hang gliding on Jay-Z's nuts.

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '05        #106
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 Pr0pa_Sh0rti said:
But why does Jay get the excuse??? NO ONE else would. What about the Eminem line, what about all those BIG and Big L lines he never mentioned their names. I'm sorry doesn't matter who does it, it's not exceptable. Artists like Pac, Eminem, Nas, Wu-Tang, Snoop Dogg are albums and albums and albums deep and I've never heard a line from them that is copied or "paying homage" as Jay would say. He isn't paying homage because he KNOWS the younger generation won't know these lines from the originals and most of these he hasn't even mentioned to artist names before he said those lines. I treat Jay like I treat ANY emcee and it's not acceptable
With the exception of Pac, these are artists thats Jay has done tracks with or/and is friends with. But I do understand where your coming from, and your reasoning is actually well put together, unlike most boxden arguments which revolve around gifs and namecalling. I will stand by my opinion that Jay's discography can only be matched by Nas, Common and arguably Ghostface (the most consistently original MC, arguably EVER IMO).

And at least your not blinded by your fandom of Nas to realize that Hip Hop Is Dead is a mediocre album, and I will gladly say that I think Volume 2 is close to Jay's worse album, more guests than the god dayum holiday inn.

But I digress, Hov is King Of NY, Nas aint takign the throne anytime soon and he's the only MC of the calibre to take it off HOV, but both them aint been hungry for a while, Hov needs to have an affair with Kelis to get s**t poppin!!!
 01-14-2010, 06:14 AM         #107
YoungGQ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^
you forgot Scarface.
 8 years ago '07        #108
Pr0pa_Sh0rti 
space
space
 sheedawg said:
With the exception of Pac, these are artists thats Jay has done tracks with or/and is friends with. But I do understand where your coming from, and your reasoning is actually well put together, unlike most boxden arguments which revolve around gifs and namecalling. I will stand by my opinion that Jay's discography can only be matched by Nas, Common and arguably Ghostface (the most consistently original MC, arguably EVER IMO).

And at least your not blinded by your fandom of Nas to realize that Hip Hop Is Dead is a mediocre album, and I will gladly say that I think Volume 2 is close to Jay's worse album, more guests than the god dayum holiday inn.

But I digress, Hov is King Of NY, Nas aint takign the throne anytime soon and he's the only MC of the calibre to take it off HOV, but both them aint been hungry for a while, Hov needs to have an affair with Kelis to get s**t poppin!!!
Yea I appreciate you can have a mature convo unlike the stan above and a lot of BX. I like Jay I just don't think he has an excuse for the biting. I don't care who he is freinds with or not in the industry it doesn't give him some right to steal peoples music in my eyes anyway.

And yea definately I know Nas is not good like Jay-Z at selling his music commercially hence why he hasn't sold more records or made as much money. And I know HHID was a bad album and also The N was bad too. I just hate when people let their stanism blind their common sense hence why I don't let it happen to me.

I will always feel like Nas is the king of NY, just the calibre of albums he's released, his mark on hip hop but I don't think Nas actually cares about that. I agree both aint hungry like they used to be they are business men nowadays. @ the Kelis thing!
 8 years ago '06        #109
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,541 | Props total: 6799 6799
HOV>pac>big
 01-14-2010, 06:45 AM         #110
Marvin Hagler  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
swear to god yaw n*ggas is irrational homos3xuals wit camel fetishes mayne
why da fck yaw arguing bout whether or not hov da kang when dat aint da phuckin point?!?

we could argue all gyoddamn day bout who da kang, goat or best rapper & never agree
dat sht subjective
dis about a phaggot n*gga who do da chicken noodle soup on his dead homeboy grave
while @ da same time bitin lines & fakin like he payin homage
 8 years ago '04        #111
l0udm0uf 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,678 | Props total: 3 3
 Storchaveli said:
Real kings NEVER crown themselves.

most kings use force dumbass
 8 years ago '04        #112
m_cullins 62 heat pts62
space
space
$7,535 | Props total: 298 298
 Yung Dilla said:
nas was the king then it went to biggie and then after biggie died jay-z
Fixed
 8 years ago '07        #113
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,595 | Props total: 1054 1054
ain't no other kings in this rap thing ya kidding? nothing but my children - circa 2003
 01-15-2010, 09:51 AM         #114
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I wonder what was going through his head when he wrote this rhyme.
 01-15-2010, 09:59 AM         #115
REAL_NESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Get it Right said:
I wonder what was going through his head when he wrote this rhyme.
Its not a hard line to comprehend dummy
 8 years ago '08        #116
moe356 1 heat pts
space
space
$723 | Props total: 1 1
i just really want to know what Jay supposedly do for hip hop?, and when he qoutes:
"I hated algebra but I loved to multiply, And I told my n*gga Big I'd be multi before I die"
 8 years ago '06        #117
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,989 | Props total: 4020 4020
 l0udm0uf said:
most kings use force dumbass
You're the only dips**t in here who took it in the LITERAL/historical sense. Step inside the nearest toilet and flush yourself.
 01-16-2010, 02:14 AM         #118
Young Forever  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Goat.
 01-16-2010, 06:41 PM         #119
.aviator.man.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 D.S.O.M. said:
FINALLY SOMEBODY WITH AN EAR

they have no clue how slick his lines are
whats so hard about...

no biggy = no problem

no biggie = notorious...

lmao stop actin like yous some rap lyric super catchers....
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
104 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
38 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
109 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
71 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
90 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
62 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
19 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
27 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy