Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
36 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
75 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #81
blackjewelz 
space
space
$5,446 | Props total: 3247 3247
 Crown Loyal said:
NY probably wouldn't have been relevant right now if it wasn't for BIG. When we weren't selling NOTHING, making any noise except in our boroughs, BIGGIE changed all of that and make NY relevant. Hard to admit but its the truth. Ask anybody back in the day in NYC and they will tell you when BIG hit the scene, it was a wrap. Before there was a Jay-Z. And the fact that BIG co-signed Jay propelled Hov's career because nobody and I repeat non of these d*ck ridas was on that Reasonable Doubt like they say they were. When Brooklyn's Finest hit the street, everybody in Brooklyn was all over it.
Man I feel you on that but thas my point..Big kept NY relevant in a time when y'all wasn't really doin s**t..gangsta rap and death row and all that s**t..Big carried y'all thru that and thas why y'all love him and I see and respect that.

Bbut did Jay not do the same thing?keep NY relevant in a time when s**t wasn't poppin?when the south and crunk was commin on the scene and nelly and em had the midwest goin crazy did Jay not keep NY on top..all the way up to now where WAYNE and DRAKE are dominating..he kept it at a point where no matter how hot another region or crew was,NY was gon be makin noise as soon as Jay dropped.

Correct me if I'm wrong thas jus how I viewed it,being that I'm a westcoast n*gga so thas my "outside looking in" perspective
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by blackjewelz; 01-13-2010 at 03:26 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #82
Crown Loyal 
space
space
$2,435 | Props total: 1 1
Plus you have to think about the time when BIG was runnin NY who else was out. Bootcamp, Wutang, Nas, LL, Busta, Mobb Deep, all these other NY MC's. Not even including the powerhouses they had out West. And for somebody like BIG to step up outta nowhere and dominate the way he did, that man deserved the title. Jay was rightfully co-signed and the rest was history. Dont get me wrong, I dont say Jay woudn't be where he is right now if BIG was still here, but I know for a fact he wouldn't think for a second that he would cross BIG while he was here. Thats why everybody is trippin on why he's doing it now that he's gone. Just sayin.
 8 years ago '08        #83
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,510 | Props total: 17102 17102
"It's no Biggie, I'm just the king now"-Jay Hova

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '06        #84
Crown Loyal 
space
space
 blackjewelz said:
Man I feel you on that but thas my point..Big kept NY relevant in a time when y'all wasn't really doin s**t..gangsta rap and death row and all that s**t..Big carried y'all thru that and thas why y'all love him and I see and respect that.

Bbut did Jay not do the same thing?keep NY relevant in a time when s**t wasn't poppin?when the south and crunk was commin on the scene hard and nelly and em had the midwest goin crazy did Jay not keep NY on top..he kept it at a point where no matter how hot another region was,NY was gon be makin noise as soon as Jay dropped.

Correct me if I'm wrong thas jus how I viewed it,being that I'm a westcoast n*gga so thas my "outside looking in" perspective
Posted via Mobile Device
Nah you got a good point bro. Jay did hold us down after BIG passed. And I know where your coming from because I'm from NYC living here in LA so I can sorta speak from both sides of the map. LOL its like that in NYC. BIG was one of those dudes that shouldered alot when he came out. Mind you this cat was around 19 or 20 when he was doing this. Or lets say even Snoop saying that about Pac. Although both of then are Giants, Snoop wouldn't dare disrespect Pac's legacy like that by throwing cheap subliminals like Jay does with BIG. And this aint the first time Jay has done it. Thats whats so crazy.
 8 years ago '07        #85
blackjewelz 
space
space
$5,446 | Props total: 3247 3247
 Crown Loyal said:
Nah you got a good point bro. Jay did hold us down after BIG passed. And I know where your coming from because I'm from NYC living here in LA so I can sorta speak from both sides of the map. LOL its like that in NYC. BIG was one of those dudes that shouldered alot when he came out. Mind you this cat was around 19 or 20 when he was doing this. Or lets say even Snoop saying that about Pac. Although both of then are Giants, Snoop wouldn't dare disrespect Pac's legacy like that by throwing cheap subliminals like Jay does with BIG. And this aint the first time Jay has done it. Thats whats so crazy.
Yea when u put it that way I can see how it would be viewed as disrespectful.good s**t bruh I wish more ppl on here could express their point and get them across without jus blindly talkin s**t

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by blackjewelz; 01-13-2010 at 03:34 PM..
 8 years ago '08        #86
Imagin3 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,109 | Props total: 2634 2634
wamp@ biggie ever being king.
 8 years ago '09        #87
kingstown04 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,543 | Props total: 87 87
 Storchaveli said:
Real kings NEVER crown themselves.

8 years ago '06        #88
Crown Loyal 
space
space
 blackjewelz said:
Yea when u put it that way I can see how it would be viewed as disrespectful.good s**t bruh I wish more ppl on here could express their point and get them across without jus blindly talkin s**t

Posted via Mobile Device
The thing is alot of these so called Jay-Z fans dont know the true history on how much BIG did for Jay. So nobody is mad that Jay-Z is claiming King. Anybody should feel they are the best. Its all love. But when he comes on every now and then with Biggie subliminal lines, even his true fans question him.
 8 years ago '08        #89
VerbalAssassin 100 heat pts100
space
space
$16,087 | Props total: 2712 2712
 The N said:

[pic - click to view]

My god!
 8 years ago '06        #90
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,966 | Props total: 3474 3474
 The N said:

[pic - click to view]

These camel joke never get old.

01-13-2010, 06:39 PM         #91
comeback  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how the f**k you the kind when Nas is clearly better than you
 8 years ago '10        #92
knowlege bass 
space
space
$3,220 | Props total: 563 563
 THE TRUTHINESS said:
The n*gga is better than Big now, time to get over it. If Big was alive, maybe it would be a different story but he isn't, and Jay has surpassed him.
 TiPZ said:
Do you really think Biggie could match Jay in any way or form?
 MELODY said:
I can't really see big grow as a rapper, and dont know how he would of adapted to today's hip hop generation. Still a big fan though, but jay been had the crown.
I will never deny that Jay-Z now has reached certified legend status with his catalog and accomplishments...I am a fan and own his albums...but on a personal level there is absolutely NO Jay-Z joint in his ENTIRE catalog that I actually prefer more than any of the Biggie tunes I really like. BIG is in many ways overrated but for me the thing he will always have over everyone else to this day is that I've never felt a personality come through wax like that. The combo of the voice flow and wit. In fact if someone asked me whether I could only keep either my BIG catalog or my Jay catalog, I would hands down choose the BIG catalog.
In terms of Jay's line....well that Nas line that was posted says it all.
 8 years ago '05        #93
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,721 | Props total: 2161 2161
biggie was trash anyway...
 01-13-2010, 09:54 PM         #94
REAL_NESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fly or Die said:
I find it funny how damn near EVERY rapper says they are the best, but when Jay-Z says it n*ggas get mad. You n*ggas man

THANK YOU!

Every rapper from your lowly myspace rapper to Jay claims they the best, the f**k is y'all on?

Y'all dont like his music? cool. Y'all think he overrated? thats on you but dont throw a fit over EVERY line and blow it out of proportion
 8 years ago '09        #95
5_star_smitty|m 208 heat pts208
space
space
$44,534 | Props total: 3825 3825
 Gm0ney85 said:
biggie was trash anyway...
 8 years ago '05        #96
dg177bx 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$7,605 | Props total: 1 1
nas>>>>>>>jay-z, nas's intellect is too much for jay-z' little witty lines
 8 years ago '04        #97
DJ Maximum|M 47 heat pts47
space
space
$43,329 | Props total: 11402 11402
 comeback said:
how the f**k you the kind when Nas is clearly better than you
 01-13-2010, 10:36 PM         #98
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Blueprint 3 is not better than Ready To Die, how is Jay-Z better? If you ask Jay, he'll tell you, "This album is better than the last (like all rappers are trained to say)."
 8 years ago '05        #99
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 Fly or Die said:
Basically...

Jay-Z's music is clearly better than BIG's. n*ggas just hop on the BIG bandwagon. Same s**t with 2pac.

f**kin lame
We usually never agree on anything, but this might be the realest s**t you have written, regardless of your age (before BX grandapas run in and get their pacemaker working overtime tryna bring up age).

It's time we go over the whole "BIG and PAC are undisputed top 2 and without them rap wouldnt be the same" argument. Big and Pac are unmatched in terms of IMPACT, Pac is near god like status to some people, but to say they cannot be surpassed is bandwagon s**t. Like how people will refuse to admit that Nas is superior to Rakim, cause Ra did it first.

Fact remains when Jay no longer exists, he will remain is GOAT discussions along with the dude who got that chick tatooed on his arm.
 8 years ago '07        #100
Pr0pa_Sh0rti 
space
space
$4,993 | Props total: 10 10
I like Jay loads but I'll never feel the same about him since Cam'Ron made that 10 min track of all the lines he has bitten from rappers up until 2007. I was like wooooooow, I had never realized before that, it changed my perspective a little.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
274 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
26 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
127 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Donald Trump reportedly watches up to 8 hours of TV every day
54 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
56 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
154 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy