Phat ass white girl for real
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
88 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 01-12-2010, 02:59 PM         #41
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JaiMega said:
I'm actually in the same boat he's in.
Well, I'm at the bottom of the bucket; I have no other option. I can't lose, I have nothing to lose. So, I go to school for the financial aid checks and the opportunity to network and make new friends.

I don't know why you guys went to college, but the last thing on my mind is a "job." That's not the reason why I got into college. I know this will pay-off in the end, I never had anything to begin with. As long as I don't have to pay for college, I'll continue to go. It's better than being in the streets all day complaining about not having anything.

I know if I don't go to college, I'll be stuck here forever. Those "elevator jobs" sound good, but I don't live around skyscrapers, or any place where a lot of construction-work is going on. The only job around here is the drug trade.
 01-12-2010, 03:07 PM         #42
JD=BIG $$$$$$$$ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sammyboi22 said:
I went to college and cant even get a job at walmart or lowes. Get this s**t. Lowes wants 3 years sales experience to sell power tools and lawnmowers What kind of dumb s**t is that? haha
I feel ya. Spent 90k on law school and dont have a gig, yet. But boy when I get one....
 8 years ago '06        #43
Panasonic 82 heat pts82
space
space
$5,677 | Props total: 1462 1462
 big jeffrey said:
2. Security administrators, computer network
"As technology increases its reach, cyber crime is becoming a major concern for companies," says Debra Yergen, author of the "Creating Job Security Resource Guide." Security administrators work to prevent, troubleshoot, and repair security breaches while educating network users on cyber safety. Certification or relevant experience is essential to entry to this field, especially in absence of a four-year degree.

Security administrators, computer network: $72,000/ $35 per hour

biggest pile of s**t i've ever seen, you dont need a 4 year degree for this? Bulls**t YAHOO, show me 1 f**king wanted ad for a security admin without a 4 yr degree...
Word, and not just a 4 yr degree, but also like 3-5 years experience.
 8 years ago '06        #44
Panasonic 82 heat pts82
space
space
$5,677 | Props total: 1462 1462
 Sammyboi22 said:
I went to college and cant even get a job at walmart or lowes. Get this s**t. Lowes wants 3 years sales experience to sell power tools and lawnmowers What kind of dumb s**t is that? haha

You're overqualified fam, that means they would have to pay you more for your degree so they throw that bulls**t in
 8 years ago '06        #45
smoothlikebutta 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,618 | Props total: 1756 1756
im opening a bail bonds buisness by 2011 if everything goes smooth, not a whole life career choive but i would like to make money from it for a few years.. right now i have a decent job, i work at a print shop for a company that makes surgical devices.. 14 dollars an hour for being a machine operator.. pretty easy and straight gig..
 8 years ago '07        #46
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,476 | Props total: 411 411
 hood135 said:
My aunt is a radiation therapist. She has a two year degree from a community college and is mad caked up right now.
im going to community college right now for the same thing :dancingcool:
 8 years ago '07        #47
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,476 | Props total: 411 411
 vinylfiend1 said:
Radiology for the win, but most people are not going to get jobs or even into accredited programs to become a nuc med tech, mri tech, or radiation therapist without becoming an x-ray tech first. X-ray tech program = 2 years. nuc med or radiation therapy school = 18 months. Thats almost 4 years right there. Also some of my co workers who are also Rad Techs at my hospital went to school for nuclear medicine and they dont have stable jobs in Nuc med. Radiology jobs are tough to find right now.

If you think you can do it, I recommend nursing, more in demand and higher pay than x-ray.
i just changed my major from nursing to radiology 2,000 people wanna get into the nursing program and theres only 50 spots and only about 20 of them get jobs right after they graduate too big of a gamble.
 8 years ago '06        #48
Blockburner28 65 heat pts65
space
space
$14,345 | Props total: 1424 1424
 Claudinho69 said:
where can i get this certification good and cheap
a good 2 year college. You shouldn't even have to come out the pocket. Fafsa should cover it all. Just look for a community college in your area.
 8 years ago '04        #49
infam0uskills 15 heat pts15
space
space
$8,450 | Props total: 5560 5560
man i think college is the way to go.

my brother b4 his degree was working for cocacola (forgot his position) making 39k while doing his colle thing.

NOW present time, he has his degree in Business and Marketing from rutgers and a few months after graduation he is now a Senior Financial Analyst for 1800 tequila making 89k easy and works from home!!. He just turned 27. Hes going back to school to become a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) to make 6 figure money.

Im in college fulltime (major: Accounting, minor: Business)and I work for a nonprofit organizationdoing accounting work. I make about 42k without my degree, thats fine i guess if you want to be alright. Im not stopping until im more than comfortable with my career.

Huge difference between a job and a Career.

aint no shortcuts in life to me except the lottery, cause those salaries seem good til taxes come into play.
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '06        #50
revolution03 
space
space
$2,977 | Props total: 1 1
 Sammyboi22 said:
lmao wtf?? that s**t is dumb as hell.. i got a job as a salesperson @ Sears for Lawn & Garden / Sporting Goods s**t and i had no experience @ all
 8 years ago '04        #51
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,466 | Props total: 293 293
Threads like these always exploit the ignorance and lack of intelligence of boxden posters when it comes to education and careers.

College is NOT a waste of time. It is one of the most rewarding experiences ever. I'm referring to a traditional four year university. The broad experiences and opportunities in college help prepare a person not just for a career, but for LIFE in general. You learn so much from the gen eds. You learn things you never even thought existed or were important. You meet so many different people from different areas and walks of life. It's the one place where people from upper class suburbs and inner city neighborhoods/ghettos may end up living in the same dorm room. College is what you make it. If you can't understand the value of college, then that right there is a sign of your ignorance.

While college is not the only option to make good money, there is no denying that college will HELP a person become a more WELL rounded and versed individual. Money is not everything. Furthermore, it teaches responsibility. It's also a good transition time to living on your own. It's a good opportunity to get an apartment and get prepared to be an adult. I graduated making 50K in 2007. I make 60K now and should be making 70K by the summer. I'm 25 now and so happy I went to college not just for the money. Just imagine what the future holds for me.....
 8 years ago '04        #52
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
Furthermore, college opens up doors to networking with other like minded individuals. So let's say for instance you're an aspiring entrepreneur. You can meet other aspiring entrepreneurs and possibly start something big. For all you idiots out there, college has been the meeting ground for numerous BILLION DOLLAR companies. Bill Gates, yes, if it wasn't for him enrolling in college he wouldn't have started Microsoft, Google, Facebook etc.....f**kin idiots...Even You Tube I think has college campus roots.

Last edited by VerballyAbusive; 01-14-2010 at 01:16 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #53
space
space
 VerballyAbusive said:
Furthermore, college opens up doors to networking with other like minded individuals. So let's say for instance you're an aspiring entrepreneur. You can meet other aspiring entrepreneurs and possibly start something big. For all you idiots out there, college has been the meeting ground for numerous BILLION DOLLAR companies. Bill Gates, yes, if it wasn't for him enrolling in college he wouldn't have started Microsoft, Google, Facebook etc.....f**kin idiots...Even You Tube I think has college campus roots.
word preach fam.

What you majored in?
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '05        #54
assanlb 
space
space
$851 | Props total: 56 56
Dental Hygiene isn't on there. I live in Boston and my wife gets paid $42/hour which equals to $89,000/year and that's with weekends and holidays off with an a.ssociates in dental hygiene.
 8 years ago '04        #55
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 infam0uskills said:
word preach fam.

What you majored in?
Posted via Mobile Device
Accounting

Thanks man. My true aspirations are to become a successful entrepreneur. The degree is a starting point and a fall back plan.
 8 years ago '04        #56
space
space
 VerballyAbusive said:
Accounting

Thanks man. My true aspirations are to become a successful entrepreneur. The degree is a starting point and a fall back plan.
word me too, major is accounting and minor in business cause im trying to be my own boss later down the road nah mean. Just got a retired irs agent who happened to be my accounting prof to write me a letter of recommendation for irs intern program.

network network network people!
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '09        #57
mtva24 224 heat pts224
space
space
$8,831 | Props total: 1143 1143
 infam0uskills said:
man i think college is the way to go.

my brother b4 his degree was working for cocacola (forgot his position) making 39k while doing his colle thing.

NOW present time, he has his degree in Business and Marketing from rutgers and a few months after graduation he is now a Senior Financial Analyst for 1800 tequila making 89k easy and works from home!!. He just turned 27. Hes going back to school to become a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) to make 6 figure money.

Im in college fulltime (major: Accounting, minor: Business)and I work for a nonprofit organizationdoing accounting work. I make about 42k without my degree, thats fine i guess if you want to be alright. Im not stopping until im more than comfortable with my career.

Huge difference between a job and a Career.

aint no shortcuts in life to me except the lottery, cause those salaries seem good til taxes come into play.
Posted via Mobile Device
Where do you live, i need to move there.
 8 years ago '04        #58
space
space
 mtva24 said:
Where do you live, i need to move there.
the great state of NJ. jersey city, nj if you wanna get exact city. Also Jersey city financial district has been booming since 9/11 and more companies keep coming so opportunities are mos def where im at.
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '05        #59
OG T Gutta N|M 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,739 | Props total: 1823 1823
Don't let this article fool you, anytime the number of hours you work(or paid by the $) determine your salary, that isn't the same as a salaried position(more a.ssociated with college degrees). College is the determining place between those with jobs, and careers. A good paying job, isn't the same as a good paying career.
 01-14-2010, 03:42 PM         #60
N Nyce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
they forgot UPS drivers. $33/hr once u get full rate after a year or 2. with 2 raises a year forever. i know drivers makin $45+/hr bringin home $1500+ a week. some are even high school drop outs. oh and full benefits that will blow your mind, up to 6 weeks vacation a year after 25 or 30 years. yeah its physical labor but it will keep you in shape instead of gettin fat at a boring desk job for your whole life.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
140 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
131 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
167 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
352 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy