NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
50 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
vida guerra
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
145 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #1
11524 pageviews
92 comments

servesurite 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,317 | Props total: 1085 1085
Jan 11 - Ten jobs that earn $30 per hour without a 4-yr college degree

For job seekers without a four-year degree, breaking the $25-an-hour barrier can be a challenge. But with more technical certification and a.ssociate's degree programs than ever, many well-paying career options are accessible in a broad range of industries.

The following is a list of lucrative careers for those without a four-year degree, presented with median annual salary data from PayScale.com. That figure is then broken down to an hourly rate by dividing by 2080, the typical number of working hours in a year, according to PayScale.

1. Sales director
"If you are interested in a career change, but do not want to commit to further education, consider a sales career," says Sharon Reed Abboud, the author of "All Moms Work, Short-Term Career Strategies for Long-Range Success." Sales directors oversee sales staff to help meet objectives, plan and implement sales programs, and work to maintain budgets, among many other duties. While formal training is not a requirement for this position, sales experience and an outgoing personality are vital, according to Abboud. "Successful sales persons can often have the opportunity to climb the career ladder to increasingly lucrative management positions," she explains.

Sales director: $91,900/ $44 per hour

2. Security administrators, computer network
"As technology increases its reach, cyber crime is becoming a major concern for companies," says Debra Yergen, author of the "Creating Job Security Resource Guide." Security administrators work to prevent, troubleshoot, and repair security breaches while educating network users on cyber safety. Certification or relevant experience is essential to entry to this field, especially in absence of a four-year degree.

Security administrators, computer network: $72,000/ $35 per hour

3. Elevator installer/repairer
Elevator a.ssembly, installation and maintenance are the main responsibilities of this position. Participating in an apprenticeship program coupled with paid on-the-job training is the standard, and workers must pass a licensing exam. Union membership is typically required by employers, and unions can help to ensure "an excellent salary, benefits, and pension," says Marky Stein, author of "Get a Great Job When You Don't Have a Job."

Elevator installer/repairer: $67,100/ $32 per hour

4. Real estate broker
Usually commission-based, real estate brokers' salaries are sensitive to shifts in the economy. Despite the current real estate market, Yergen predicts "resurgence in salary in 2010 with the extension of the housing tax credit." Brokers are tasked with understanding real estate markets, performing transactions, and advising buyers on their financing options. Additionally, real estate brokers must pass a written exam and maintain a license.

Real estate broker: $65,400/ $31 per hour

5. Nuclear medicine technologist
"Nuclear medicine technologists administer a type of drug called radiopharmaceuticals to patients and create diagnostic images that ultimately determine the presence of a disease," explains Yergen. With an increasingly large middle-aged and elderly population and advances in technology, job growth for nuclear medicine technologists is likely to remain steady. A certificate or an a.ssociate's degree is needed, and a license is a requirement for many employers and states.

Nuclear medicine technologist: $64,100/ $31 per hour

6. Radiation therapist
Administering radiation treatment to cancer patients is the main role of a radiation therapist. "As radiation therapists continue to be a critical part of the medical radiation oncology team, it will translate into an uptick of jobs," predicts Yergen. There is also room for personal advancement in this field, with opportunities that include teaching and research. Training through an a.ssociate's degree or certification program is necessary, and a license is required in many states.

Radiation therapist: $63,500 / $31 per hour

7. Construction manager
Construction managers oversee the construction of structures, facilities, and systems, and are often on call around the clock. On-the-job construction experience and/or completing a construction management certification program provide entry to this position.

Construction manager: $63,400/ $30 per hour

8. Air traffic controller
"As an air traffic controller, your job will be dedicated to keeping the skies safe. It is a very demanding and rewarding occupation." says Abboud. Providing an essential role in aviation, air traffic controllers ensure that planes maintain a safe distance between each other and help to coordinate efficient scheduling.

With most positions employed by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), air traffic controllers must complete a FAA-approved education program and pass a pre-employment test.

Air traffic controller: $63,000/ $30 per hour

9. Video game designer
Video game designers create the storyline and structure of a video game and determine the rules of play. They typically need to possess an understanding of software design and computer programming, and a degree or certification from a technical school can provide an advantage. Although currently at a point of high popularity, video games tend to go through phases of increased and decreased popularity, cautions Yergen.

Video game designer: $62,300/ $30 per hour

10. MRI technologist
MRI technologists train in programs available through hospitals, colleges and universities to earn a certificate or a.ssociate's degree. With more doctors' offices and clinics providing diagnostic services, demand is higher than ever, says Yergen. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), "Health care will generate 3 million new wage and salary jobs between 2006 and 2016, more than any other industry."

MRI technologist: $61,000/ $29 per hour

[pic - click to view]

sourcy

92 comments for "Jan 11 - Ten jobs that earn $30 per hour without a 4-yr college degree"

8 years ago '04        #2
jumpman2304 25 heat pts25
space
space
$14,419 | Props total: 3926 3926
radiation therapist... how the hell would i not need an education?? lol
 8 years ago '06        #3
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 jumpman2304 said:
My aunt is a radiation therapist. She has a two year degree from a community college and is mad caked up right now.
 8 years ago '04        #4
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,395 | Props total: 11769 11769
 jumpman2304 said:
lol in the end u have to pay for a job.....

then spend all ur time @ the job its like u spend more time @ work than ur family if u look @ it..
 01-11-2010, 04:19 PM         #5
PetedaSmete 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah but are these jobs stable? You have to take that into account.
 8 years ago '05        #6
Woodwin 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,918 | Props total: 1489 1489
 PetedaSmete said:
Yeah but are these jobs stable? You have to take that into account.
they are just look at em we always gonna need those lol....unless MRI/Radiation is obsolete and some new s**t come out but most of those is coool.
 01-11-2010, 04:41 PM         #7
twentythree 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
imagine if they posted illegal jobs like hookers & dope dealers....
 8 years ago '04        #8
HUMAN_CRACK 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,365 | Props total: 119 119
I'm going to school now for rad tech
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '05        #9
dmunson318 
space
space
$8,053 | Props total: 789 789
 stillers09 said:
college = pointless
in most cases, but doctors lawyers and people of that nature def need school everything else can be taught hands on basically.
 8 years ago '07        #10
DIPSET101 29 heat pts29
space
space
$9,877 | Props total: 8874 8874
security adminstrator here i come full speed.
 8 years ago '06        #11
Blockburner28 65 heat pts65
space
space
$14,349 | Props total: 1426 1426
 DIPSET101 said:
security adminstrator here i come full speed.
that is my current major. :D
 8 years ago '08        #12
AyeDre 13 heat pts13
space
space
$10,533 | Props total: 283 283
Me = Network engineer/computer technician
Me = 3 certifications/no school
Me = almost 21 and has like 3 credits in college...
Me = 60k in the bank

I'm glad I didn't go to college after high school. I would owe 60k + instead of having it lol
 01-11-2010, 08:07 PM         #13
blackflaem 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dam median salary for sales director is 90k?!?
 8 years ago '04        #14
Top Ramen 
space
space
$1,810 | Props total: 2 2
 AyeDre said:
Me = Network engineer/computer technician
Me = 3 certifications/no school
Me = almost 21 and has like 3 credits in college...
Me = 60k in the bank

I'm glad I didn't go to college after high school. I would owe 60k + instead of having it lol
That's a great hookup, for now, but it never pays off as much as a degree.

Now, try to get an upper management position. Without a degree you won't even get looked at. You'll be stuck in a mid-range salary/position forever.

There will be fresh college grads starting off 50-60k, work for 2 years, and move up the corporate ladder faster than those who don't have a degree.
 8 years ago '07        #15
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
2. Security administrators, computer network
"As technology increases its reach, cyber crime is becoming a major concern for companies," says Debra Yergen, author of the "Creating Job Security Resource Guide." Security administrators work to prevent, troubleshoot, and repair security breaches while educating network users on cyber safety. Certification or relevant experience is essential to entry to this field, especially in absence of a four-year degree.

Security administrators, computer network: $72,000/ $35 per hour

I'm already on
 8 years ago '06        #16
vinylfiend1 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,114 | Props total: 352 352
Radiology for the win, but most people are not going to get jobs or even into accredited programs to become a nuc med tech, mri tech, or radiation therapist without becoming an x-ray tech first. X-ray tech program = 2 years. nuc med or radiation therapy school = 18 months. Thats almost 4 years right there. Also some of my co workers who are also Rad Techs at my hospital went to school for nuclear medicine and they dont have stable jobs in Nuc med. Radiology jobs are tough to find right now.

If you think you can do it, I recommend nursing, more in demand and higher pay than x-ray.
 8 years ago '08        #17
AyeDre 13 heat pts13
space
space
$10,533 | Props total: 283 283
 Top Ramen said:
That's a great hookup, for now, but it never pays off as much as a degree.

Now, try to get an upper management position. Without a degree you won't even get looked at. You'll be stuck in a mid-range salary/position forever.

There will be fresh college grads starting off 50-60k, work for 2 years, and move up the corporate ladder faster than those who don't have a degree.
I'm 20 man. I'm relaxing till I'm like 22 then I'll get into school. I actually got a raise 7 months ago when they moved me to Georgia.
 8 years ago '06        #18
iCON-8 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,832 | Props total: 2 2
What? I do security and make $30 per hr. Lol I make $1500-2000 a week.
 8 years ago '06        #19
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
I went to college and cant even get a job at walmart or lowes. Get this s**t. Lowes wants 3 years sales experience to sell power tools and lawnmowers What kind of dumb s**t is that? haha
 01-12-2010, 01:00 AM         #20
Neeraj__23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Im a Electrician..........f**k College and University........I wanna put dat in my facebook and let it be known but people would get all sad and s**t..........Me and dat man are da same age and he has 60k-----> Dayum....I party too muchhh
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
97 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
127 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
84 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
58 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy