Ronnie Lott says Ed Reed is the best safety of all time.

most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
86 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
193 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
15 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '08        #1
12008 pageviews
39 comments

primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
Ronnie Lott says Ed Reed is the best safety of all time.

Ronnie Lott on Ed Reed
Jan/15/09 08:05 AM Filed in: Ed Reed
EdReed
“Here’s where Ed Reed is better than I was or better than Kenny Easley or better than any safety who played the game. When he gets his hands on the ball after making an interception, he is no longer a defensive player running with the ball. He is an offensive player. It’s not just that he’s fast or quick, he knows how to run once he has the ball. He knows how to set up his blockers and he knows what moves to make. It’s like he’s Barry Sanders running with the ball.”

“He is a good hitter. He can really strike. Maybe I hit a little bit harder but it’s not like Reed is deficient in that area. He plays the run well. He tackles and he can cover. But what separates him from everybody who has played the position is his ability with the ball in his hands.

“I really take note of it because it was something I wanted to do when I was playing. I wanted to make the moves Reed does when he has the ball. I couldn’t do that. He can."

“I don’t think Ed Reed has to take a back seat to anybody who ever played the position. ANYBODY.”

Ronnie is an all time great but I have to agree with this. :dancingcool:

[pic - click to view]

http://www.procanes.com/f .. b3cf-3580.html

39 comments for "Ronnie Lott says Ed Reed is the best safety of all time."

01-11-2010, 02:00 PM         #2
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i'd take rod woodson over ed...but ed is dope...
 8 years ago '05        #3
Brdn08 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,124 | Props total: 346 346
 HotepSuns said:
i'd take rod woodson over ed...but ed is dope...
Maybe I'm too old for this site now, but on what planet was Rod Woodson a top tier safety. A good safety sure, a top 5 cb of all time of course but better than Ed Reed at safety....blasphemy.
 8 years ago '08        #4
primetime 60 heat pts60 OP
space
space
space
Wasn't Woodson a CB for most of his career?
 8 years ago '05        #5
Brdn08 1 heat pts
space
space
 wepainters said:
Wasn't Woodson a CB for most of his career?
That's all he played for Pittsburgh, the other guy just showed his youth/ignorance.
 8 years ago '08        #6
space
space
space
 Brdn08 said:
That's all he played for Pittsburgh, the other guy just showed his youth/ignorance.
lol that's what I thought cause he converted to Safety when he played for the Ravens....
 01-11-2010, 02:14 PM         #7
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Brdn08 said:
Maybe I'm too old for this site now, but on what planet was Rod Woodson a top tier safety. A good safety sure, a top 5 cb of all time of course but better than Ed Reed at safety....blasphemy.

woodson to me excelled at both positions.(he was just a great defensive back period)...and i suppose i was more focused on what lott was highlighting as what seperated reed from other safeties which was his ability after getting the int...
 8 years ago '04        #8
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,412 | Props total: 3477 3477
Rodney Harrison also said Ed Reed was the GOAT safety..

I still laugh when people question whether or not he's the best safety playing right now.
 8 years ago '04        #9
teezee 1 heat pts
space
space
$190 | Props total: 0 0
Sean Taylor was the best I ever seen. He could do everything.
 8 years ago '06        #10
K-Train 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,564 | Props total: 47 47
The U
 8 years ago '04        #11
dc3003 57 heat pts57
space
space
$33,666 | Props total: 30865 30865
i kno ed reed has more career touchdowns then the buccaneers wide reciever micheal clayton.... thats a dam shame, since you know, one plays defense and the other offense
 8 years ago '08        #12
space
space
space
 teezee said:
Sean Taylor was the best I ever seen. He could do everything.
Not enough time man...He had mad potential f**king sucks some a**hole had to cut his life short

The U always had great DBs, Meriweather is next....
 8 years ago '04        #13
stevecham 
space
space
$1,625 | Props total: 0 0
I always like players from the U and sure Meriweather is a great coverage Saftey, but he got his ankles broke a couple times on those run plays yesterday...
 8 years ago '07        #14
GrezyNclean 172 heat pts172
space
space
$7,860 | Props total: 663 663
interesting....

f**k u brian dawkiins and troy polu
 8 years ago '05        #15
Brdn08 1 heat pts
space
space
 HotepSuns said:
woodson to me excelled at both positions.(he was just a great defensive back period)...and i suppose i was more focused on what lott was highlighting as what seperated reed from other safeties which was his ability after getting the int...
no doubt you're right about his ball skills 2nd to none (better/equal to than reed maybe close to Deion) even when he played with the raiders he had like 6 ints and he was like 40. He just never was great against the run and he wasn't nearly the hitter Reed or Lott were
 01-11-2010, 02:29 PM         #16
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Brdn08 said:
no doubt you're right about his ball skills 2nd to none (better/equal to than reed maybe close to Deion) even when he played with the raiders he had like 6 ints and he was like 40. He just never was great against the run and he wasn't nearly the hitter Reed or Lott were

no question......steve atwater on the other hand...

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #17
teezee 1 heat pts
space
space
Sean Taylor had he not been k!lled would've been the GOAT imo. He was the most talented safety to ever come along and I'm a lifelong Niners fan. He had speed and deep speed, acceleration, and athleticism like no other for a guy at 6'3. Ed Reed is nice but he doesn't have the body to strike fear in you. Taylor PLAYED THE BALL like no other safety, his instincts were off the charts - could have played WR. Great hands too. But Taylor could do everything Ronnie and Ed could do only he was doing it at 6'3.
 8 years ago '04        #18
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,412 | Props total: 3477 3477
Can we stop overrating Sean Taylor just for the sake of him being dead?

Honestly just stop watching football if you think after 3 seasons that he was the most talented safety of all time.
 8 years ago '04        #19
teezee 1 heat pts
space
space
 akademiks said:
Can we stop overrating Sean Taylor just for the sake of him being dead?

Honestly just stop watching football if you think after 3 seasons that he was the most talented safety of all time.
It has nothin to do with that at all, I just watch a lot of football and I know what I see, period.
 8 years ago '05        #20
rippac4 
space
space
$14,134 | Props total: 1050 1050
 teezee said:
Sean Taylor had he not been k!lled would've been the GOAT imo. He was the most talented safety to ever come along and I'm a lifelong Niners fan. He had speed and deep speed, acceleration, and athleticism like no other for a guy at 6'3. Ed Reed is nice but he doesn't have the body to strike fear in you. Taylor PLAYED THE BALL like no other safety, his instincts were off the charts - could have played WR. Great hands too. But Taylor could do everything Ronnie and Ed could do only he was doing it at 6'3.
it doesn't matter about your size because no matter what the offense always check to see where Reed is at because he's a great tackler and how he play on the ball, but Reed is the truth & can't disagree with Lott but I think Atwater don't get enough praise
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
87 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
92 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
71 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC Watch Season 10 Teaser
56 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
64 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy