NFC Divisional Playoffs: New Orleans Saints Vs Arizona Cardinals

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
251 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
152 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
123 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who You Got?
New Orleans Saints 32 60.38%
Arizona Cardinals 21 39.62%
Voters: 53. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #41
Gotti211 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,720 | Props total: 6 6
 chctynig2804 said:
Lets go Cards!!!

sorry Saints fans, i would be indifferent towards your team but some of the fanbase has made me despise them and want to see them go one and done
We hate yall the same :greetings10:

The saints play better when their the underdog and the media jumped shipped quick....I love it...We got our starters back and bout to be rolling on all cylinders....But i do hope we play yall in the NFC championship tho but i think romo and wade phillips choke this week cuz they still celebrating beating the sad eagles and getting their first playoff win in 13 years
 01-11-2010, 06:36 PM         #42
OptimusSaint 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Main Event said:
You do realize Kurt LOVES to be blitzed because that leaves more 1 on 1 matches for our WRs....Feel free to blitz all game
too bad we got a pro bowl safety lurking back there for old man time warner
 8 years ago '08        #43
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,728 | Props total: 11620 11620
 OptimusSaint said:
too bad we got a pro bowl safety lurking back there for old man time warner
Whos terrible in pass coverage....Cmon now the majority of Saints fans should agree with that
 01-11-2010, 06:43 PM         #44
OptimusSaint 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Main Event said:
Whos terrible in pass coverage....Cmon now the majority of Saints fans should agree with that
which would explain why he is up for dpoy with ummmm...how many ints this year? go find it
 8 years ago '05        #45
Gotti211 1 heat pts
space
space
 Main Event said:
actually n*gga is a beast in pass coverage as a free safety. When Jenkins beat him on that play he was man to man with him because we all out blitz because we where down to our 4th and 5th corners starting....I'm not gonna make excuses for injuries because we still won 13 games despite injuries...but when the n*gga was pick sixing everybody it was because he could stay back and read the qb eyes because our starting corners was doing their job
 8 years ago '08        #46
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
 OptimusSaint said:
which would explain why he is up for dpoy with ummmm...how many ints this year? go find it
*Sigh*

So were gonna pretend Michael Jenkins didnt eat his lunch 3 times in the 2nd ATL game....Dude had a good year but you lying if you dont think hes average-below average in pass coverage
 8 years ago '08        #47
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
 Gotti211 said:
actually n*gga is a beast in pass coverage as a free safety. When Jenkins beat him on that play he was man to man with him because we all out blitz because we where down to our 4th and 5th corners starting....I'm not gonna make excuses for injuries because we still won 13 games despite injuries...but when the n*gga was pick sixing everybody it was because he could stay back and read the qb eyes because our starting corners was doing their job
The thing is he was beat more than once and if that n*gga could catch he woulda gave up more than 1 TD that game
 8 years ago '05        #48
Fresh|B 976 heat pts976 OP
space
space
$43,420 | Props total: 25037 25037
NewOleansSaints.com,
Monday, January 11, 2010 - 4:45 PM

The Last Time
Saints vs. Cardinals (Regular Season)

LAST MEETING

Dec. 16, 2007: New Orleans Saints 31, Arizona Cardinals 24 @ Louisiana Superdome – The Saints defeated the Cardinals behind the pinpoint passing day of Drew Brees, a powerful rushing attack, led by Aaron Stecker and two big defensive plays.

QB Kurt Warner is sacked and stripped of the ball
Brees completed 26-of-30 passes for 315 yards and two touchdowns for a completion percentage of nearly 87% and Stecker gained 95 yards on a career-high 22 carries for a 4.3 average and career-best two touchdown runs to pace the Saints.

The Saints churned out 421 yards of total offense and limited the Cardinals to 321 yards. New Orleans converted 44% of its third downs while limiting Arizona to a 27% conversion rate and the Saints averaged seven yards per play.

New Orleans was extremely balanced throughout the day---running 29 times and passing 31 times. New Orleans quickly responded when a lost Stecker fumble on their first possession led to an Arizona touchdown. Upon getting the ball back, Brees would lead the Saints on an 11-play, 86 yard scoring drive and would tie the game up when he found WR Marques Colston for a 19-yard scoring strike.

Colston enjoyed a big day, producing eight catches for 114-yards, and in the process went over the 1,000-yard receiving mark in each of his first two seasons. Many of his catches demonstrated his ability to use body position and long reach to prevent defenders from breaking up throws in tight coverage.

At the end of the opening quarter, the Saints had out gained the Cardinals 132-4 in total yards and 8-0 in first downs but yet still trailed 7-0 after the Cardinals’ fumble return to the Saints’ one-yard line.

The two teams then traded touchdowns, but at the end of the second quarter, Brees found WR David Patten for a 32-yard bomb in the end zone to give the Saints the lead, which they made stand up the remainder of the game.

On the first possession of the second half, LB Scott Fujita sacked Arizona QB Kurt Warner and forced a fumble at the Cardinals 14, setting up a Stecker touchdown. The Cardinals came back within seven on a pass play, but the scoring ended when newly signed Saints placekicker Martin Gramatica scored his first field goal as a Saint (31 yards and four extra points).

Warner, who fumbled and was intercepted and was sacked twice, alternated between his worst and best. He completed six of seven throws on an 80-yard scoring drive in the third quarter that pulled Arizona to 28-21. The 3-yard touchdown toss was among his best, as he alertly dumped the ball straight ahead to tight end Ben Patrick just before getting crushed in a collapsing pocket.

Warner finished 19-of-30 for 233 yards and three touchdowns. Warner took advantage of Anquan Boldin's return from a dislocated toe, hitting the receiver six times for 83 yards.

Warner's first touchdown went to tight end Troy Bienemann on fourth-and-goal from the 1. He also hit Larry Fitzgerald for an 18-yard score.

A fourth quarter field goal by Cardinals K Neil Rackers closed out the game’s scoring as the Saints clinched the victory, evened their record at 7-7 and remained in the thick of the NFC Wild Card playoff chase.

BOX SCORE

New Orleans Saints vs. Arizona Cardinals, Dec. 16, 2007: Louisiana Superdome
SCORING SUMMARY

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '05        #49
Gotti211 1 heat pts
space
space
 Main Event said:
The thing is he was beat more than once and if that n*gga could catch he woulda gave up more than 1 TD that game
and he was in man coverage everytime he got beat. thats why they moved rolle to safety right? Safeties usually are a liablity in man coverage thats why they aren't corners
 8 years ago '04        #50
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,932 | Props total: 405 405
 thehogue... said:
The Cardinals are in a rhythm if anything refer to last year to help you out w/ that one. You said they won't stop you but I doubt you stop them.
You must not know Hogue....the apparent Deion clones Tracy Porter and Jabari Greer are healthy. They'll both easily shut down Fitz, brea$ton and possibly Boldin

Oh and by the way.......the Lions put up 27 on the Saints.

Last edited by JBeezy; 01-11-2010 at 08:57 PM..
 01-11-2010, 08:49 PM         #51
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Saints have the 25th ranked pass Defense.... theyre D is just Weak... and have no momentum I think the cards are a different type of team than the saints have played all year... the cards have 4 wideouts that can k!ll you and arguably the BEST Wideout and best QB in terms of QB rating in playoff history... saints been sneakin by evergame since the redskins...
 01-11-2010, 09:52 PM         #52
tmitch19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The saints will have absolutely no excuse if they lose this game... they will just show how a #1 seeded team suppose to choke in the playoffs....
 01-12-2010, 08:50 AM         #54
OptimusSaint 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tmitch19 said:
The saints will have absolutely no excuse if they lose this game... they will just show how a #1 seeded team suppose to choke in the playoffs....
:f!ghting11::guns3:
 01-12-2010, 08:54 AM         #55
OptimusSaint 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

01-12-2010, 09:20 AM         #56
thagreat98597 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Im from the boot...im goin with the cards...saints have no momentum...charles grant is out...and i just cant see the saints D shutting the Cards set of receivers for 4 quarters....Oh and to the guy who said kurt warner sits in the pocket...thats false...Kurt Warner is at his best at a 3 step drop....
 01-12-2010, 09:28 AM         #57
OptimusSaint 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thagreat98597 said:
Im from the boot...im goin with the cards...saints have no momentum...charles grant is out...and i just cant see the saints D shutting the Cards set of receivers for 4 quarters....Oh and to the guy who said kurt warner sits in the pocket...thats false...Kurt Warner is at his best at a 3 step drop....

i actually think mcray will be a upgrade and he wont be sitting in the pocket, he will be laying on his a.ss

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by OptimusSaint; 01-12-2010 at 09:36 AM..
 8 years ago '08        #58
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
 Gotti211 said:
We hate yall the same :greetings10:

The saints play better when their the underdog and the media jumped shipped quick....I love it...We got our starters back and bout to be rolling on all cylinders....But i do hope we play yall in the NFC championship tho but i think romo and wade phillips choke this week cuz they still celebrating beating the sad eagles and getting their first playoff win in 13 years
You obviously havent seen the spread
 8 years ago '08        #59
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
And to everybody just talkin s**t about our D

Total D
Cards 20th
Saints 25th

Pass D
Cards 23rd
Saints 26th

Rush D

Cards 17th
Saints 21st
 8 years ago '05        #60
Gotti211 1 heat pts
space
space
 Main Event said:
You obviously havent seen the spread
Nah i seen the spread and i think we def gonna cover but when i say we play betta as the underdog i mean every one in the media is not giving us a chance sayin how we lost 3 str8 games and we're cold, etc etc....
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
70 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
26 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
27 comments
2 days ago