Manny Pacquiao vs Joshua Clottey [3-13-10][HBO-PPV]

most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
95 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Winner
Joshua Clottey by KO 12 15.58%
Joshua Clottey by Decision 8 10.39%
Draw 0 0%
Manny Pacquiao by KO 30 38.96%
Manny Pacquiao by Decision 27 35.06%
Voters: 77. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #741
etchasketch 50 heat pts50
space
space
space
$4,552 | Props total: 2006 2006
 stogz said:
Look, you got it wrong.

Clottey is a habitual f!ght thrower. He throws f!ghts by habit. 3 big f!ghts... 3 pathetic loses. This dude supposed to be the pride of ghana... looks like he wasn't able to get his pride through customs. [Yes, I know... he f!ghts outta NYC, it just seemed like a funny thing to say]
He didn't throw the f!ght. Think about it like you are actually in the ring with PAc not watching the f!ght. If you throw, you will get hit. And not hit by a weak puncher, hit by one of the most powerful punchers in the lower weight divisions since I wanna say Prince Naseem.
 8 years ago '04        #742
kc10785 
space
space
$4,270 | Props total: 170 170
 Hold That said:
You mean Mayweather doesn't brawl. Because Mayweather is the best boxer in the world. The point of boxing is to hit and not be hit. Who does that better than Floyd? Nobody.
exactly and a real boxer will always beat a brawler it's been like that for a long long long time in boxing

name me one f!ghter that been in 40 f!ghts and at the end of the f!ght his face looks the same walking in

Last edited by kc10785; 03-14-2010 at 12:20 AM..
 03-14-2010, 12:19 AM         #743
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hold That said:
You mean Mayweather doesn't brawl. Because Mayweather is the best boxer in the world. The point of boxing is to hit and not be hit. Who does that better than Floyd? Nobody.
Yeah, agreed.
 8 years ago '09        #744
Smackin Suckas 
space
space
$198 | Props total: 0 0
 Lex Lossis said:
n*gga shut the f**k up. I know how good FLoyd is. You called the other guy and said Floyd has legendary stamina. n*gga, Floyd doesnt even throw enough to show it. That is all I said. I know he doesn't need to, but what has he done in ring to show this "legendary stamina"

Now sit down.
Re read your post you dumb bastard, your first two sentences dont even make sense! If you knew how good floyd was you would know he doesnt get tired you dumb a.ss! when have you ever seen floyd mayweather in a f!ght looking like he ran out of gas??? You havent, and your reason is he doesnt punch enough? come on now you sound like a fu*kin retard! And i said he has "some of the best conditioning" dont throw quotations around like *legendary stamina* were my words, thats something your saying to try to make a point, but you are just making yourself look bad!

Lex Lossis said:
but what has he done in ring to show this "legendary stamina"
40-0-0 thats what the f**k he did to show it! he showed he cant be beat! now you go sit the f**k down and think about that!
 8 years ago '07        #745
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 Javon23 said:
lol at his defense being ill
Mayweather runs away and dosen't box
that sweeping right hook is muthafukka...fuk is u talkin bout....he is not to be fukked up....when you think you have him cornered...the opposing f!ghter ends up getting frustrated and or on the floor
 03-14-2010, 12:20 AM         #746
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Mosley's defense doesn't matter...the fact is - he's never been KO'd and Floyd has never KO'd a legit welterweight (Ricky Hatton doesn't count - he was a junior welter f!ghting at welter to his disadvantage.). Floyd doesn't have the power to KO Mosley, so he'll have to win a decision...and to win a decision he'll have to throw a decent amount of punches...

As far as tonight's f!ght...I think the fix was in. 2 Top Rank f!ghters...smiling and being waaay too friendly throughout the whole f!ght. That was an exhibition f!ght for Manny, nothing more. Something to make some $ with no risk while he waits for Mayweather to come around for the huge $ f!ght. The problem is...Mosley will never lay down for Floyd like that. Floyd is smart - he had to take one of 2 tough f!ghts and he chose the older f!ghter. Still sux for him that Pacquiao made $15 million + for an exhibition match and Floyd will be in for the f!ght of his life May 1.

Last edited by 22k; 03-14-2010 at 12:24 AM..
 8 years ago '07        #747
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,073 | Props total: 30401 30401
 HotepSuns said:

but i feel you duke..i predicted this outcome as well..which is why i said it was some bulls**t from the beginning...especially when people were trying to gas clottey.....HOWEVER..

seeing it come to fruition was truly disgusting....bob arum should be hung by his toes,and whipped like denzel in glory...
 Fishscale said:
I'm just sayin'...

I bet he'd switch his non-punching, non-throwing, non-boxing style up if he was f!ghting for a visa instead of for millions of dollars. I bet there would be some urgency and risk taking if instead of a trainer and cutman, he had two immigration officers waiting to take his a.ss back to the Congo in his corner.

I'm just sayin'...

Last edited by stogz; 03-14-2010 at 12:22 AM..
 03-14-2010, 12:21 AM         #748
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Smackin Suckas said:
Re read your post you dumb bastard, your first two sentences dont even make sense! If you knew how good floyd was you would know he doesnt get tired you dumb a.ss! when have you ever seen floyd mayweather in a f!ght looking like he ran out of gas??? You havent, and your reason is he doesnt punch enough? come on now you sound like a fu*kin retard! And i said he has "some of the best conditioning" dont throw quotations around like *legendary stamina* were my words, thats something your saying to try to make a point, but you are just making yourself look bad!

40-0-0 thats what the f**k he did to show it! he showed he cant be beat! now you go sit the f**k down and think about that!

....this thread has been more entertaining than the f!ght..
 8 years ago '05        #749
Stupendamatic 117 heat pts117
space
space
$18,471 | Props total: 3354 3354
 latin_linx said:
This f!ght just prove to me that Pacquiao taking something cuz Clottey hit him with uppercuts and some right hands that will have stun any other f!ghter and Pacquiao just took them like there were nothing.
yeah because pacman is on some new s**t that strengthens the nerves in your chin and keeps your brain from smacking into your skull making it impossible to be knocked out :rolleyes:
 03-14-2010, 12:23 AM         #750
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Smackin Suckas said:

Someone else said legendary stamina my bad.

Let me start over with you.

1. You called the guy an idiot for saying Floyd can't punch at the rate Manny did tonight without getting tired.

2. You then said Floyd has some of the best stamina.

3. I said that Floyd hasn't thrown enough in a round/f!ght to even get tired.

jesus man I didn't say Floyd sucks or has no stamina...calm the f**k down.

floyd has great conditioning as shown by his training and when f!ghters try to brawl him, his ability to keep countering and keep moving around the ring, controlling the f!ght.....but he hasn't show us he can throw at the rate Manny did tonight without getting tired.

THATS ALL MAN!!!! Floyd prolly could though...who knows, s**t...

Last edited by Lex Lossis; 03-14-2010 at 12:25 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #752
Adwerdz 319 heat pts319
space
space
$32,763 | Props total: 23393 23393
 etchasketch said:
He didn't throw the f!ght. Think about it like you are actually in the ring with PAc not watching the f!ght. If you throw, you will get hit. And not hit by a weak puncher, hit by one of the most powerful punchers in the lower weight divisions since I wanna say Prince Naseem.
yea he actually did throw the f!ght, clottey even admitted it himself. Clottey f!ghts too safe. Everbody knew he threw that cotto f!ght. For christ sakes he had cotto cut and stunned a couple times and never went in to finish he backed off because he was trying to lay it safe.

clottey my dude but he's known for not throwing punches this his f!ght, he always going to get beat on the cards against a f!ghter that works
 8 years ago '08        #753
Deion 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,165 | Props total: 4 4
 Smackin Suckas said:

:agreement6:
 8 years ago '05        #754
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12560 12560
 Stupendamatic said:
yeah because pacman is on some new s**t that strengthens the nerves in your chin and keeps your brain from smacking into your skull making it impossible to be knocked out :rolleyes:
But I'm not going to lie, I find it very strange that a f!ghter who use to get hurt by Juan Manuel Marquez, Barera and Morales who weigh 130-135lbs, now can eat and just steam roll through big welterweights like DLH,CLottey and Cotto's punches..

I don't remember this n*gga getting hurt in none of those f!ghts, that s**t is unheard of..
 8 years ago '07        #755
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,073 | Props total: 30401 30401
 etchasketch said:
No... YOU think about it. Like you've actually watched Clottey f!ght before. If he has his opponent hurt, he'll back off. If he is having his way in a f!ght, he'll take a breather. He'll complain to the referee.... he'll wait, wait, wait.

Like I said earlier, if he doesn't do this s**t all the time, then why was my analysis of Clottey spot on before this f!ght?

stogz said:
Clottey would essentially have to f!ght different than he has been over the last few years to win this f!ght. So, if you are to analyze this f!ght by looking at Clottey's previous f!ghts... you'd have to conclude that Clottey will not be active enough, he will allow Pacman to score for large stretches of rounds, and he will throw away the f!ght.

Am I Nastradamus as someone called me earlier? Or did I just watch the past, and claim the future would be exactly the same?
 03-14-2010, 12:29 AM         #756
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hold That said:
But I'm not going to lie, I find it very strange that a f!ghter who use to get hurt by Juan Manuel Marquez, Barera and Morales who weigh 130lbs, now can eat and just steam roll through big welterweights like DLH,CLottey and Cotto's punches..

I don't remember this n*gga getting hurt in none of those f!ghts, that s**t is unheard of..
well Manny was caught off guard alot in those days at 130-135....in retrospect, DLH, Clottey and Cotto never caught Pacman square on the chin when he's moving or off guard.

When Clottey landed those uppercuts...I'm 99% sure Pacman was already clenching his jaw...and also he had his chin low...I don't remember his chin being low and him being in defense mode when getting clocked back in the day...correct me if wrong.
 8 years ago '06        #757
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
 stogz said:
I'm just sayin'...

I bet he'd switch his non-punching, non-throwing, non-boxing style up if he was f!ghting for a visa instead of for millions of dollars. I bet there would be some urgency and risk taking if instead of a trainer and cutman, he had two immigration officers waiting to take his a.ss back to the Congo in his corner.

I'm just sayin'...
i think ur right
 03-14-2010, 12:30 AM         #758
TiPZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pacman had a facile victory.

Clottey threw like 25 punches.

Floyd would of been an exciting f!ght, not this trash. :new_thumbsdown:
 8 years ago '06        #759
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
 Adwerdz said:
yea he actually did throw the f!ght, clottey even admitted it himself. Clottey f!ghts too safe. Everbody knew he threw that cotto f!ght. For christ sakes he had cotto cut and stunned a couple times and never went in to finish he backed off because he was trying to lay it safe.

clottey my dude but he's known for not throwing punches this his f!ght, he always going to get beat on the cards against a f!ghter that works
And where would that statement be?
 03-14-2010, 12:32 AM         #760
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm a Floyd fan, but the truth is that he has not taken any of the tough f!ghts in his division in the 5 years he has been there and there is no argument against that. He's taken the easy f!ghts @ 147 and has only been willing to f!ght dangerous f!ghters that are past their prime (Oscar) or have never fought at 147 (Hatton/Marquez). He fought Judah coming off of a loss and knew Baldomir was horrible....

IF he beats Mosley and Pacquiao he shuts everyone up and he can stake his claim as the best of the generation. I just don't see him getting through both of those f!ghts without losing a decision in one of them.
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
81 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
21 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
41 comments
19 hours ago