Manny Pacquiao vs Joshua Clottey [3-13-10][HBO-PPV]

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
242 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Winner
Joshua Clottey by KO 12 15.58%
Joshua Clottey by Decision 8 10.39%
Draw 0 0%
Manny Pacquiao by KO 30 38.96%
Manny Pacquiao by Decision 27 35.06%
Voters: 77. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #41
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
Eh... I'm pulling for Clottey but he gets way too laxed at times. Sort of how Cortey used to get. He HAS to beat Manny convincingly or knock him out. I just hope he goes in there and takes care of business.
 8 years ago '06        #42
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
Clottey: "Pacquiao First, Mayweather-Mosley Winner Next"

By Ryan Burton

Welterweight Joshua Clottey puts aside some time to speak with BoxingScene.com about his training camp to prepare for the biggest f!ght of his career. He faces WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao on March 13 in Texas. Clottey says that everything is running very smooth and he is confident of victory in this exclusive interview. He also touches on the significance of this f!ght in his native Ghana, Mosley vs. Mayweather and more.

BoxingScene.com: How is training camp going so far?

Joshua Clottey: Everything is good. Everything is fine. We are working hard and just getting ready for the f!ght on March 13th.

BoxingScene.com: Are you looking good weight wise?

Joshua Clottey: Oh yeah. That won't be a problem. I train hard and always come in on weight. That is something I really haven't ever had a problem with.

BoxingScene.com: What exactly happened with your trainers not getting their visas?

Joshua Clottey: I can't really get down or be too disappointed about it. Life always has to go on and I still have to train. I guess these things happen for a reason. I am working hard and will be ready for the f!ght. I still have a good team around me and am confident I will come out victorious.

BoxingScene.com: How is sparring going? I a.ssume your team found some short quick southpaws?

Joshua Clottey: Sparring is going just fine. I am sparring with these two guys, real good f!ghters but I can't remember their names. Both undefeated guys. We brought in one who is real fast and he is shorter so I can get ready for the speed and the other one is big and has the power to help me prepare.

BoxingScene.com: Obviously this is the biggest f!ght of your career. Most of the experts are picking Pacquiao to win. What do you have to do to make sure you come out with the win?

Joshua Clottey: I have all my plans and that is what I am training for right now. I need to practice them so I can execute them when I step in the ring. I have all my plans in my head. He and his team is saying they are going to knock me out and really I don't mind them saying that. They can say whatever they want to say. I already know in my head what I am going to do and how I am going to win.

BoxingScene.com: Pacquiao hasn't said much but I have read articles where Freddie Roach said that he thinks Pacquiao will knock you out. Do you feel they are disrespecting you?

Joshua Clottey: Well you know I am not taking it like they are disrespecting me or taking me lightly. I always feel like I am getting respect from Roach. Whenever I see him or have spoken to him he talked to me with respect. Whatever he says is fine by me. He is hyping up the f!ght you know. He has every right to talk. It is a free country and he can speak his mind and say what he wants to say.

BoxingScene.com: How big is this f!ght in your native Ghana? What is the buzz like there?

Joshua Clottey: Everybody back home is real excited about this f!ght. I told them that they shouldn't worry because we always are hoping and trying to improve our lives. We keep trying and good things will come. I am going to go out there and f!ght my best and try to come out with the win. I am confident and my people are confident.

BoxingScene.com: If you pull off the upset and come out victorious what do you want to do after that?

Joshua Clottey: If I win the f!ght and beat Manny Pacquiao, the number one pound for pound f!ghter ,my country will be so proud. I would like to f!ght the Mosley-Mayweather winner. You know one thing about me Ryan. I will f!ght anybody. If I win this f!ght I will be ready and willing to f!ght anybody.

BoxingScene.com: Paul Williams is still looking for an opponent. I know you wanted to f!ght him in the past. Would you f!ght him?

Joshua Clottey: If he wants to f!ght me I can f!ght him. I will f!ght anybody who wants to f!ght me.

BoxingScene.com: Who do you think wins the Mayweather vs. Mosley f!ght?

Joshua Clottey: It is a very tough f!ght. Shane Mosley is going to come out ready and hungry because he has wanted this f!ght for a long time. He has wanted a big f!ght for a long time. Now that he has one he will come in prepared and give Mayweather everything he has but Mayweather is a very smart guy who has a great defense and is a great boxer. This is a very tough one to call so I can't really pick a winner.

BoxingScene.com: Do you have a message for the fans?

Joshua Clottey: Well I just want to tell everybody that I am going to f!ght with the best f!ghter in the world and I am going to come in the ring prepared and do something that no one thinks I can do. That is the only thing I can say now. I have a plan and I will make it a good f!ght.
 8 years ago '04        #43
KtodaC 16 heat pts16
space
space
$909 | Props total: 82 82
any word on whos f!ghting on the undercard?
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '06        #44
space
space
 KtodaC said:
any word on whos f!ghting on the undercard?
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '04        #45
KtodaC 16 heat pts16
space
space
holy s**t, jose luis castillo on the undercard! im so glad i got tickets to see this....too bad no word yet on margarito
 8 years ago '06        #46
space
space
 KtodaC said:
holy s**t, jose luis castillo on the undercard! im so glad i got tickets to see this....too bad no word yet on margarito
word u got tickets, should be amazing...and margarito has been taken off the undercard

full article:
 02-21-2010, 02:21 AM         #47
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KtodaC said:
castillo is done....dude been shot for years
 8 years ago '04        #48
KtodaC 16 heat pts16
space
space
yeah but its still gonna be dope to see him live. not only that but soto and gomez and diaz and salvador sanchez jr too! its a stacked card
 8 years ago '07        #49
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,077 | Props total: 30405 30405
 KtodaC said:
We bin had word about Marg. He's not gonna be on the card.
 8 years ago '04        #50
KtodaC 16 heat pts16
space
space
oh my bad yo, i didnt read anything bout it til someone posted the article here.
 8 years ago '06        #51
kevkhalee 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,319 | Props total: 120 120
 DrX said:
castillo is done....dude been shot for years
sad someone sees it that way.
n*gga prolly got kids to feed.

Stop hatin b**ch n*gga!

And McNabb aint s**t!
 8 years ago '09        #52
ThatDudeJ 
space
space
space
$361 | Props total: 10 10
Its almost here!:D
Pac by stoppage in 10th
 8 years ago '04        #53
1MikE 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,013 | Props total: 1574 1574
Clottey simply doesn't throw enough for 12 rounds for me to be able to pick him for the upset. although...

"I plan to go right at him. There's no way he's chasing me around the ring," Clottey said at his training camp in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
and i whole heartedly believe he will be right there in Manny's face all night but ....

Clottey revealed he doesn't have a single boxing video of Pacquiao in camp.

"I already know what he's all about. He's a great champion
is just plain stupidity. Manny has plenty of flaws that can be exploited through studing tape. and Clottely's not some master technician to be able to figure him out on the fly, perfect a game plan in his head, and beat Pacquiao

Source:
 8 years ago '05        #54
ChickzNKickz 100 heat pts100
space
space
$10,990 | Props total: 10693 10693
 1MikE said:
is just plain stupidity. Manny has plenty of flaws that can be exploited through studing tape. and Clottely's not some master technician to be able to figure him out on the fly, perfect a game plan in his head, and beat Pacquiao
WHats so stupid about that??

He said he doesn't have any tapes of Pacquiao in camp...Everyone looks good in camp. Clottey most likely studies actually f!ghts rather than "in camp" performances....
 8 years ago '07        #55
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,077 | Props total: 30405 30405
 ChickzNKickz said:
WHats so stupid about that??

He said he doesn't have any tapes of Pacquiao in camp...Everyone looks good in camp. Clottey most likely studies actually f!ghts rather than "in camp" performances....
wow

I'll clarify this one 1Mike...

What he said is, there is no footage of pacman in the Clottey camp. Meaning, he is not studying any footage of pacman at all. The same way Cotto didn't study any footage of pacman at all.

Basically, Clottey is going in with the thinking 'I'm gonna get in the best shape of my life, and that will be good enough to win'.

Only person I can think of off the top that does that successfully is Mayweather. It's still not a smart thing to do though.

Last edited by stogz; 02-25-2010 at 02:49 AM..
 8 years ago '06        #56
kevkhalee 1 heat pts
space
space
Cause PBF f!ghtin off instinct, which is better than having a plan.

"Everyone has a plan until they get hit"
~Iron Mike

Ask Chazz Witherspoon. He studied Arreola like a book.
Got in the ring, and felt that raw power. Threw the plans out the window.

I believe Clottey has a madman's chance.
He still gonna get knocked though.
 8 years ago '06        #57
kevkhalee 1 heat pts
space
space
Jesus, i never realized the sheer magnitude of Clottey's forehead.
...Black Bonk's adventures

I have to rethink what i said earlier...
I didnt know Clottey is f!ghting at full Welterweight.
This is gonna be dangerous for Pac.
 8 years ago '05        #58
ChickzNKickz 100 heat pts100
space
space
$10,990 | Props total: 10693 10693
 stogz said:
wow

I'll clarify this one 1Mike...

What he said is, there is no footage of pacman in the Clottey camp. Meaning, he is not studying any footage of pacman at all. The same way Cotto didn't study any footage of pacman at all.

Basically, Clottey is going in with the thinking 'I'm gonna get in the best shape of my life, and that will be good enough to win'.

Only person I can think of off the top that does that successfully is Mayweather. It's still not a smart thing to do though.

" In Camp " could be read 2 different ways....

If the latter is true than Josh could be doing himself injustice....

I'm still rooting for him to come out this f!ght as the victor...
 8 years ago '04        #60
1MikE 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,013 | Props total: 1574 1574
 ChickzNKickz said:
" In Camp " could be read 2 different ways....

If the latter is true than Josh could be doing himself injustice....

barring whatever footage is released needed for any type of documentary television ("HBO's 24/7" "Countdown To..." series) or otherwise intentional purposes, hardly anybody records, and absolutely nobody freaking releases, tapes of their camps for public/opponent viewing. Clottey or anybody else is not going to have tape of Manny in Manny's camp. that'd be the equivalent of an NFL team recording their practices and game plan Monday through Thursday, then releasing the footage on Youtube or some s**t Friday for their opponents to watch.

so no, it can not be read two different ways; the latter is indeed true because the former (well, your former) is next to impossible.

@ the "magnitude of Clottey's forehead"
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
147 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
77 comments
2 days ago