Manny Pacquiao vs Joshua Clottey [3-13-10][HBO-PPV]

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
63 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
48 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
56 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Winner
Joshua Clottey by KO 12 15.58%
Joshua Clottey by Decision 8 10.39%
Draw 0 0%
Manny Pacquiao by KO 30 38.96%
Manny Pacquiao by Decision 27 35.06%
Voters: 77. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #21
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,054 | Props total: 30351 30351
 kevkhalee said:
PBF tryna f!ght on the same night?
Wtf, why is he hating?
I cant watch both at the same time.

This is some bulls**t
GBP had the March 13/10 date for a couple months now. You basically reserve your date on HBO in advance. GBP had the date for Bernard Hopkins to f!ght Roy Jones. Now that the Hop/RJJ f!ght will not happen... the date is not filled but, GBP didn't relinquish the date.

Basically, Pacman/Top Rank were going to f!ght on an HBO date booked by GBP.

Fishscale said:
wtf did u just say??

lol the only reason floyd would take a pwill f!ght is cuz he recently got exposed by martinez, but he'll still never f!ght him imo. he really has no1 else to f!ght , its ridiculous
Floyd will not f!ght any Al Haymon f!ghters (At least not Berto or Williams).
 8 years ago '06        #22
kevkhalee 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,319 | Props total: 120 120
No, i meant PBF is the one that tryna hate.
Unless he has his f!ght on the 1st of May.
 8 years ago '07        #23
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 kevkhalee said:
No, i meant PBF is the one that tryna hate.
Unless he has his f!ght on the 1st of May.

GBP represents Floyd. EVERY promoter in the sport knew that GBP has the March 13/10 date with HBO. Top Rank scheduling Pacman on March 13 despite knowing that GBP has the date with HBO is a risk on THEIR part. If anything, they scheduled pacman knowing that they may have to put the card on Top Rank PPV instead of HBO.
 8 years ago '09        #24
McmasterlockPt2 41 heat pts41
space
space
$12,908 | Props total: 838 838
I left out low buy rates,I hating typing on an ipod touch

Fishscale said:
wtf did u just say??

lol the only reason floyd would take a pwill f!ght is cuz he recently got exposed by martinez, but he'll still never f!ght him imo. he really has no1 else to f!ght , its ridiculous
 8 years ago '06        #25
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9

[pic - click to view]

by James Slater - Former IBF welterweight champion Joshua Clottey landed the biggest f!ght of his career when the eagerly awaited Manny Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather Junior f!ght fell apart. The teak-tough 32-year-old from Ghana received the great news last week whilst in his homeland of Ghana, and yesterday the 35-3(20) warrior arrived back in New York. Having had some bad luck recently - what with his big f!ght with "Sugar" Shane Mosley, originally set for Boxing Day, 2009, called off - Clottey is at last the beneficiary of some fortune his hard work has earned him.

Very kindly taking the time to speak with me on the upcoming mega-f!ght with the pound-for-pound king, the always modest and easygoing Clottey had the following answers to my questions:

James Slater: Congratulations on getting the huge f!ght with Pacquiao! Thank you so much for taking the time to speak with me, Joshua, I know you've got a lot going on. First of all, is this the best possible f!ght you could have hoped for? If you could have picked your dream f!ght, would this f!ght with Manny Pacquiao have been it?

Joshua Clottey: Thank you very much. Yes, this is the f!ght I have always wanted. I've always wanted f!ghts like this - against the best f!ghters in the world. I really want to prove my point in this f!ght, prove to the whole world that I am the best. I'm so happy about getting this f!ght with the best pound-for-pound f!ghter in the world..

J.S: After all the recent disappointments you've had, with the Shane Mosley f!ght falling through for one thing - have things turned out even better in the long run? You now have the Pacquiao f!ght, and everyone knows you deserve it.

J.C: Yes, you're right. I was upset when the Mosley f!ght fell through, but this is better. I'm most honoured to be getting this f!ght - this is what I've always wanted.

J.S: When did you get to the U.S from Ghana?

J.C: Yesterday. I had to come back to sign the contract today. It will all be wrapped up today.

J.S: I know you are a guy who is always in shape, but when will you begin camp for March 13th?

J.C: Right now, I have to do the press conference. I want to say thank you to Top Rank - they have been so good to me throughout my career. And I want to say thank you to Manny Pacquiao as well. Then, after the press conference, I will sort out my training camp. Right now I am running, I'm jogging in the morning and in the afternoon.

J.S: Is it too early talk about who you will be sparring with? Lots of southpaws though, obviously.

J.C: I will think about who I will spar with later, but one thing about me is, I know how to handle southpaws easy. [Miguel] Cotto switched to southpaw in the f!ght and it was no problem. So I'm not concerned about Pacquiao's stance. I can handle that good.

J.S: A key question, Joshua, is at what weight will the f!ght take place at? Will it be a catch-weight f!ght, like the Pacquiao-Cotto f!ght was?

J.C: It will be at full welterweight. Manny Pacquiao is a very nice person, and he wants to show the world he can f!ght a real welterweight, someone who is big like me.

J.S: If that did come about, though, and they asked you to f!ght at, say, 145-pounds, would you do it?

J.C: That's never been talked about. Bob Arum got him to agree to f!ght at 147, and I want to thank Bob Arum for that. If I had to [come in at 145] I don't think I could really do it. I wouldn't want to drain myself. Boxing is dangerous and I wouldn't want to f!ght while weakened.

J.S: Well, that's good news, the f!ght being at a full 147. As great as Pacquiao is, you think you can beat him. How hard do you see the f!ght being?

J.C: You know, this is not an easy f!ght at all. But you know me, I always come to do my job in the ring, and I come to make the people happy. I can handle southpaws well and I will beat Pacquiao. I'm ready to shock the world.

J.S: Do you yourself think it will be considered an amazing upset if you beat Pacquiao, or will people say, "well, Clottey was too big for Pacquiao?"

J.C: I don't know if people will be amazed, but I will beat him. If I do, people may then say that he [Pacquiao] can't beat real welterweights. But if he can win, they will say he has beaten a real guy at the weight. But if I beat him, they will say he wasn't able to beat the genuine welterweights.

J.S: You mean because of the way Pacquiao beat a weight-drained Oscar de La Hoya, and a 145-pound Cotto, the critics will say that?

J.C: Yes. I want to see myself, if Pacquiao beat those guys - De La Hoya, Cotto, Ricky Hatton, because of the weight they had to come down to. I also want to see if he beat those guys for real or if he beat them with something. I will show the world the answer to this question.

J.S: When you say with "something," do you mean what all the Floyd Mayweather thing has been about? I mean, we can't say anything about steroids, we could get in trouble, and we can't say Pacquiao uses or has used them.

J.C: No, I don't think he has used steroids, but I can't say for sure. But if he has, it's very unfair. I'm going up against him now, and I want to see if he can beat a real, big, natural welterweight.

J.S: How will you f!ght Pacquiao? And will he be the fastest guy you'll have ever fought?

J.C: It's too early to talk about my tactics, but I will follow him; I will come forward in the f!ght. Yes, he will be the fastest guy I'll have fought, but Pacquiao is also durable as well as fast. I'm concerned about his speed, of course, but every time I hit him he will feel it, and maybe this will break him down. I think this will be a nice f!ght. There's one thing about me; I hate losing.

J.S: This is a huge f!ght; do you feel any more nervous or excited than you have before any other f!ght?

J.C: I feel more happy with this f!ght than for any other. It's not easy to get a f!ght with Manny Pacquiao, the best pound-for-pound in the world. I want to see how good he and Freddie Roach are - I'm f!ghting them both and I want to see how they perform. I want to see what they can do against me.

J.S: The sky's the limit for you if you can win this one, Joshua. Has Pacquiao made a mistake by f!ghting you?

J.C: Well, we always ask that before a f!ght. People have asked me that - as I am bigger and stronger than him. In that regard, he has made a mistake. But he is fast and he wants to prove to the world he can beat someone as big and as strong as me.

J.S: Well, we all look forward to the f!ght. It's been a pleasure speaking with you, Joshua. Can I ask you finally: how do you see yourself winning - on points or by KO?

J.C: I think I'll win on points, but if a KO comes I'll take it and give it to the world.
Article posted on 13.01.2010

8 years ago '05        #26
ChickzNKickz 100 heat pts100
space
space
$10,984 | Props total: 10681 10681
Clottey has to bring it to Manny.... None of that passive sh*t like in the Cotto f!ght....
 01-13-2010, 10:47 PM         #27
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i got pac by UD
 8 years ago '06        #28
space
space
Joshua Clottey on Pacquiao's Power, Training and More

By Ryan Burton

Top welterweight contender Joshua Clottey talks to BoxingScene.com about his upcoming mega bout with Manny Pacquiao on March 13 at Cowboys Stadium. The Ghana native says that is is exactly why he didn't take the f!ght on Foxsports Espanol. While he didn't know he would get a f!ght with Pacquiao, he knew a big f!ght would be in the works. Clottey also talks about the the keys to f!ghting Pacquiao and also a potential f!ght with Floyd Mayweather Jr. in this exclusive interview.

BoxingScene.com: First off congratulations on landing the big f!ght with Manny Pacquiao. How are you feeling right now?

Joshua Clottey: I feel so good. I am so happy that this happened. I am so happy that he decided to f!ght me.

BoxingScene.com: I'm sure you saw Pacquiao's last couple f!ghts with Ricky Hatton and Miguel Cotto. What can you do to slow down the Pacquiao express?

Joshua Clottey: Well see he is beatable. He beat all the guys you mentioned. He has beat all the guys out there so you would think he is unbeatable but there are a lot of things I have to watch. Those guys aren't the best defensive f!ghters. I have to train very hard and apart from the training I have to study hard and study the tapes.

BoxingScene.com: You have a really good chin and you are lot bigger than him. Are you confident he is going to feel your punches more than you feel his?

Joshua Clottey: Well I have never fought him before so I don't know how hard he can hit until we get in the ring. That is the only way I can tell how hard he can hit. I don't know if his punches will hurt me or not. In boxing if one punch lands in the right place the f!ghter goes down. It is going to be a different story when he and I f!ght versus what happened to those other guys because I know I have my defense there. The only thing I need to work on is punching him after he punches and placing my shots.

BoxingScene.com: Cotto hit him with some big shots. Manny definitely leaves himself open to be hit. Do you think you can take advantage of that?

Joshua Clottey: That is something that was surprising. We saw that Cotto's punches couldn't hurt him (Manny) so he left himself wide open and took his punches. We know that Cotto can punch and we know he can take a punch. I think Cotto thought that Pacquiao's punches could not hurt him. Pacquiao surprised him with those two knockdowns. I am not thinking that Pacquiao can't hurt me. In boxing its like I said a punch in the right place can send a guy down. I respect Pacquiao in the ring and I will be careful.

BoxingScene.com: Looking back at our last conversation when you turned down the Rosales f!ght on Foxsports Espanol it didn't look like the right move but it looks like a stroke of genius now.

Joshua Clottey: Well of course Ryan. I deserve something better than that like this. I am a world class f!ghter. I am among the best. I don't have to f!ght with dudes on small cards and small f!ghts. I really have to thank Bob Arum for giving me this shot.

BoxingScene.com: If you pull the upset and beat Pacquiao who would you want after that?

Joshua Clottey: Everybody thinks there are two f!ghters out there who are the best pound for pound. Those are Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather. God willing if I beat Pacquiao I would love to f!ght Mayweather but now I am not thinking about if I am going to beat Pacquiao easy and thinking about Mayweather. If I come out successful I would love Mayweather because I want to f!ght against the best.

BoxingScene.com: Did you start training?

Joshua Clottey: I already started training. I am not in camp yet but I started my jogging and I started my preparation for the f!ght.

BoxingScene.com: Who are you going to use for sparring to try to imitate Pacquiao?

Joshua Clottey: You know for now I am not sure. I have fought southpaws before and I used some good guys. I forgot their names but I think they will be good for me because they are southpaws and they are short like Pacquiao. When I start thinking of sparring I know we will get the right guys but I will wait till we start sparring to worry about that.

BoxingScene.com: We will be back in touch soon. Do you have a message for the fans?

Joshua Clottey: I just want to thank Bob Arum and Todd DeBoef for the opportunity they have given me. I also want to thank Manny Pacquiao and Freddie Roach for the opportunity they have given me. Of course all my fans I want to thank and you Ryan.

8 years ago '07        #30
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
This is retarded!!!! Pacman's head is almost as big as Clottey's. WTF!!!
 8 years ago '06        #31
space
space
lmao yea ,mark my words there will be headbutts

full presser:

8 years ago '04        #32
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,900 | Props total: 44 44
 VictoryThagr8 said:
actually we can watch both. Dont forget nevada and texas has 2 hour difference. We might have the best boxing PPV card in the past 5 years. Pacquaio vs Clottey comes on first, with Floyd vs ????(it better be no bum......i really want him to f!ght between Timothy Bradley or Paul williams...and if he takes on Paul....ill give all respect for floyd).

They need to have it on the same PPV card. Margarito come back, pacquaio vs clottey, floyd vs whoever will at least make up for the f!ght not happening.
floyd will never f!ght the punisher
 8 years ago '06        #33
StudiosConnect' 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,627 | Props total: 0 0
lol never would floyd and manny share ppv slot

I'm pullin hard for clottey take this f**ker out... amped for f!ght!!!!
 8 years ago '05        #34
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,060 | Props total: 984 984
I see the backlash
 8 years ago '06        #35
space
space
In just the first three hours of public tickets sales (preceded by three days of limited pre-sales) on Saturday, more than 20,000 of the approximately 40,000 available were gobbled up. They ranged in price from $50 to $700.

damn lol
 8 years ago '06        #36
StudiosConnect' 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,627 | Props total: 0 0
well got damn any boxing event selling out fast >>>

I hope Clottey shocks the world lmaoo... can't wait glad the wait is short as well !! As much as I don't care for top rank -_- promotions -_- glad they spitting out f!ghts quick
 8 years ago '06        #37
space
space
 StudiosConnect' said:
well got damn any boxing event selling out fast >>>

I hope Clottey shocks the world lmaoo... can't wait glad the wait is short as well !! As much as I don't care for top rank -_- promotions -_- glad they spitting out f!ghts quick
yea i agree, i love upsets
 8 years ago '06        #38
space
space
1. Is Clottey a worthy opponent? Short answer: yes. Pacquiao is THE RING’s No. 1-rated welterweight; Clottey is No. 5. That’s a good matchup. The Ghanian is coming off a loss to Miguel Cotto, one of the most-respected f!ghters in the world, but some believe he did enough to win a close decision. Clottey has never been knocked out and has good defensive skills, which means he’ll probably survive at least until the late rounds. That said, it’s difficult to get excited about Clottey’s chances or the f!ghter himself. He’s merely a very good boxer with pretty good power, which won’t be enough to stave off a fierce, quick-handed marvel like Pacquiao. The Filipino is roughly a 4-1 favorite for a reason. And Pacquiao went from Floyd Mayweather Jr. to a relative unknown for his opponent. A drop off that enormous will limit the buzz surrounding the f!ght.

2. Can Pacquiao hurt Clottey? Pacquiao has faced two welterweights. One, Oscar De La Hoya, could barely f!ght back. The other, Cotto, doesn’t have the best chin in the world. Clottey is different. The reason he has never been knocked out is he can take a punch. He has proved that over and over again. Thus, there is a very real possibility that the Clottey will remain standing for the full 12 rounds. I don’t see that happening, though. I believe Pacquiao has legitimate welterweight power. Plus, Clottey has never seen this kind of hand speed or punches coming from so many unpredictable directions. The punches that hurt opponents most are the ones they don’t see coming. Pacquiao might not take Clottey out with one punch but an accumulation of them should do the job. If not? Doesn’t matter. Pacquiao will just outbox his inferior foe.

3. Are Pacquiao’s last four victories misleading because of the opposition? Pacquiao supporters will roll their eyes when they read this but it’s a legitimate question. Diaz is good but limited; De La Hoya had nothing left; Hatton was overrated and some will argue that Cotto never fully recovered from the beating he took from Margarito. So what does that say about Pacquiao? Not much. As his trainer, Freddie Roach, has pointed out, we thought these opponents were all pretty good going into their meetings with Pacquiao. It was afterward, for the most part, that we began to question to them. Clottey might actually be the most-difficult to criticize even after the fact because he has had a fine career and has shown no signs of decline. Still, some will find serious fault with him and anyone else Pacquiao f!ghts short of Mayweather or Mosley. The bottom line is that he’s destroying whomever they put in front of him. Let’s enjoy it.

4. Has Pacquiao’s reputation taken a hit after the failed negotiations with Mayweather? I don’t think so. Most fans seemed to blame Mayweather for the impasse, insisting that he was out of line to make blood-testing demands outside normal protocol even though Pacquiao has never failed a drug test. I also don’t think many people believe he has taken performance-enhancing drugs. Most adhere to the innocent-until-proven-guilty philosophy, which is the only fair approach to take. Undoubtedly, a small percentage feel strongly that he should’ve taken the blood test two weeks before the f!ght if he had nothing to hide. And a smaller percentage, those convinced he couldn’t have such success at heavier weights without some help, will accuse Pacquiao of wrong doing. That’s a very small group, though. He is relatively unscathed.

5. Will Pacquiao suffer a letdown after his epic showdown with Mayweather fell through? Not a chance. Pacquiao is the most-focused, most-professional boxer I’ve ever seen in spite of myriad distractions. In part, that’s just how he is. He is so committed that he left his homeland and traveled halfway around the world seeking a good trainer simply because he wanted to tap into what he knew was vast potential. The fact he has the hopes and dreams of an entire nation on his shoulders also is an immensely powerful motivating factor. He knows too much is riding on every f!ght to let down. And even if he were to slip up, Roach would be there to give him a good kick in the behind. Pacquiao will be as ready as ever on March 13.

6. Could Pacquiao’s demanding schedule the past few years catch up to him? Pacquiao, 31, hasn’t had a particularly hard f!ght since the rematch with Juan Manuel Marquez in March of 2008. He cruised past David Diaz, Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton and Miguel Cotto, although the first few rounds against Cotto were brutal. However, Pacquiao, one of the hardest workers in the world, has been training diligently to perfect his craft for 15 years without a significant break. That includes countless sparring sessions in which he has absorbed considerable punishment. Also, no one has a more hectic and demanding personal schedule than the Filipino idol. It’s not farfetched to wonder whether all of the above will take a toll on him at some point.

7. How many people will attend the f!ght at the new Cowboys Stadium in Dallas? An estimated 20,000 tickets were sold the first day they were available. That’s probably a tribute to Pacquiao’s growing popularity in the U.S., a large number of boxing-friendly Latinos in the Dallas area, a strong sports culture in Texas and the novelty of the first boxing card there. The stadium reportedly will be configured for 45,000 seats. I doubt that many people will buy tickets but I won’t be surprised to see a large crowd. I suspect the atmosphere will be festive but those in attendance shouldn’t necessarily expect electricity. I attended the Wladimir Klitschko-Ruslan Chagaev f!ght at a packed 60,000-seat soccer stadium in Germany and the energy dwindled to nothing when it became clear that Klitschko was going to win easily. Then again, the 126,000-seat Estadio Azteca in Mexico City rocked throughout the Julio Cesar Chavez-Greg Haugen f!ght.

8. How many pay-per-view buys will the f!ght generate? Pacquiao-Mayweather, featuring the two biggest pay-per-view draws in the U.S., might’ve smashed records by generating a record 3 million-plus buys. Pacquiao-Clottey? I think 800,000-900,000 –- or just shy of the 1 million Pacquiao-Cotto drew -- is realistic. Clottey isn’t nearly the attraction Cotto is in part because he doesn’t have a Latino fan base in the U.S. However, the fascination with Pacquiao is still growing and the unusual venue -– Cowboys Stadium -– adds to the appeal of the event. Plus, Antonio Margarito’s return from suspension would give the show a significant bump if he receives a license in Texas.

9. What if Pacquiao wins? Bob Arum, Pacquiao’s promoter, has come up with a fascinating plan to have his star attraction f!ght Antonio Margarito this year if the disgraced Mexican f!ghter receives a license in Texas. That would be a very lucrative matchup. The fact Margarito would be returning from his suspension in California –- for illegal hand wraps -– and a large following among Mexicans and Mexican-Americans would make him a hot commodity and the f!ght much more attractive than Pacquiao-Clottey. Thus, we might be looking at 2011 for the Pacquiao-Mayweather showdown. That’s a.ssuming neither of the star participants slips up in the meantime and can get past blood-testing issues in the end.

10. What if Clottey wins? A Clottey victory would turn the boxing world upside down. Suddenly, the sport’s most-popular figure would be exposed as human after all and lose the remarkable momentum that has experts comparing him to the greatest f!ghters of all time. The landscape would be far less interesting, to say the least. Pacquiao would remain an attraction –- particularly if he could beat Clottey in a rematch -– but he probably would never be quite the same. Pacquiao-Mayweather or Pacquiao-Mosley would still be big but, with a diminished Pacquiao, wouldn’t smash pay-per-view records. Clottey would set himself up for some healthy paydays but will never be a true star. This is fantasy, though: Clottey isn’t going to win.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now