Manny Pacquiao vs Joshua Clottey [3-13-10][HBO-PPV]

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
69 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
166 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
46 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Winner
Joshua Clottey by KO 12 15.58%
Joshua Clottey by Decision 8 10.39%
Draw 0 0%
Manny Pacquiao by KO 30 38.96%
Manny Pacquiao by Decision 27 35.06%
Voters: 77. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #1
42675 pageviews
858 comments

STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
Manny Pacquiao vs Joshua Clottey [3-13-10][HBO-PPV]

[pic - click to view]

Vote:

[pic - click to view]

http://slumz.boxden.com/f .. ottey-1329917/

Last edited by STILL.DETOX; 03-13-2010 at 12:55 PM..

858 comments for "Manny Pacquiao vs Joshua Clottey [3-13-10][HBO-PPV]"

8 years ago '06        #2
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Pacquiao-Clottey: No Catch-Weight Needed Says Arum
By Mark Vester

Manny Pacquiao's defense of the WBO welterweight title against Joshua Clottey will not involve a catch-weight. Top Rank CEO Bob Arum told the Manila Bulletin that Pacquiao-Clottey will have no weight stipulations. The f!ght will be Pacquiao's third at welterweight. He fought and stopped Oscar De La Hoya in 2008. He moved down to 140 to knock Ricky Hatton out last May and then returned to welterweight in November to win the title from Miguel Cotto but there was a catch-weight of 145. With all of the catch-weight f!ghts in the sport, it's refreshing to see a title being defended at the actual division limit.

“There’s going to be no catch-weight on this one,” said Arum.

Clottey is a very physical f!ghter. Without any weight restrictions he may come to the ring weighing close to a 160-pounds. Arum plans to stage the f!ght at Cowboys Stadium in Dallas, Texas on March 13. Arum told the paper that he plans to scale it for a crowd of 50,000 fans.

“We’ll set it up for 50,000,” added Arum.

8 years ago '07        #3
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,097 | Props total: 30471 30471
Should be entertaining... ESPECIALLY if Clottey doesn't wait around and let Pacman wing shots at him.

On a sidenote... I wonder why Pacman doesn't need this f!ght to be at a catchweight all-of-a-sudden
 8 years ago '06        #4
jj01 
space
space
$44,969 | Props total: 4686 4686
pacman wins because arum will get to clottey and throw mad bread at him to step aside for manny. also will promise to market him alot heavier and more after he tanks it.
 8 years ago '07        #5
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 jj01 said:
pacman wins because arum will get to clottey and throw mad bread at him to step aside for manny. also will promise to market him alot heavier and more after he tanks it.

I don't even want you to think like that. f!ghts are not thrown anymore. Bribed/corrupt judges, maybe. Not the f!ghters tho... no, no, no, no, no! Let's leave that sh*t in the 50's...
 8 years ago '06        #6
jj01 
space
space
$44,969 | Props total: 4686 4686
 stogz said:
I don't even want you to think like that. f!ghts are not thrown anymore. Bribed/corrupt judges, maybe. Not the f!ghters tho... no, no, no, no, no! Let's leave that sh*t in the 50's...

thats true, im just saying clottey already having not gotten the nod on several close decisions and feeling his back is against the wall.....as long as he is aggressive should win this f!ght. i dont see manny being able to hurt him at all. also manny wont look as good as he has in his last few f!ghts which could hurt future negotiations with pbf possibly. i hope im dead wrong but i could see something like this happening.
 8 years ago '06        #7
space
space
 jj01 said:
thats true, im just saying clottey already having not gotten the nod on several close decisions and feeling his back is against the wall.....as long as he is aggressive should win this f!ght. i dont see manny being able to hurt him at all. also manny wont look as good as he has in his last few f!ghts which could hurt future negotiations with pbf possibly. i hope im dead wrong but i could see something like this happening.
if hes agressive , he will be open for shots and his chin will be tested like never before. UD for pac, possible late stoppage but i doubt it
 8 years ago '06        #8
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Pacquiao-Clottey Finalized: Cowboys Stadium, Full Details
By Rick Reeno

Boxden.com spoke with a very excited Bob Arum [CEO for Top Rank] on Sunday afternoon. Arum just closed a deal with Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones to stage Manny Pacquiao's defense of the WBO welterweight title against Joshua Clottey at Cowboys Stadium in Dallas, Texas on March 13. Arum and Top Rank president Todd duBoef flew to Texas on Saturday to meet with Jones. They sat and watched the Cowboys' big win over the Eagles. The plan to scale the venue for a crowd of 50,000 fans.

"We have deal for March 13. Rick, I have to tell you something - this place blew me away. It was the greatest place that I've ever been to. This boxing event will be so memorable for the fans and this not a normal stadium. It's hard to picture it unless you come here and see it for yourself with all of the electronics and the big screens," Arum said to BoxingScene.

There is still no word on HBO's involvement with the pay-per-view. Arum would like to get HBO on board, but he plans to move forward either way.

"We've been with them for a long time and if they want to participate that's fine, but if they don't we have major media companies that are ready to jump on board especially with the Cowboys and everything else," Arum said.

A two day press tour is already in play.Pacquiao-Clottey will have the kick-off press conference on January 18 in Dallas and the next stop on the tour will be in New York on the 19th. He plans to pack the undercard with Hispanic talent. Former welterweight champion Antonio Margarito is one of the f!ghters they are planning to put on the show. A three f!ght undercard is being put together for the pay-per-view.

"We're looking to put a lot of Hispanic f!ghters on the card. Margarito is one of them. I've already spoken with d*ckie Cole [Texas Athletic Commission] on when he can apply [for a license]. Roberto Marroquin will definitely be on the show. They love him out here. And Bruce [Top Rank's head matchmaker] will put together some more matches," Arum said.

"There will be three f!ghts underneath Pacquiao vs. Clottey. A press conference is scheduled for the 18th in Dallas and a New York press conference on the 19th. And as part of the deal we made with Jerry, is for them [Cowboys organization] to be involved."

8 years ago '04        #9
dirtybayrecordz 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,068 | Props total: 1503 1503
 fishscale said:

[pic - click to view]

pacquiao-clottey finalized: Cowboys stadium, full details
by rick reeno

boxden.com spoke with a very excited bob arum [ceo for top rank] on sunday afternoon. Arum just closed a deal with dallas cowboys owner jerry jones to stage manny pacquiao's defense of the wbo welterweight title against joshua clottey at cowboys stadium in dallas, texas on march 13. Arum and top rank president todd duboef flew to texas on saturday to meet with jones. They sat and watched the cowboys' big win over the eagles. The plan to scale the venue for a crowd of 50,000 fans.

"we have deal for march 13. Rick, i have to tell you something - this place blew me away. It was the greatest place that i've ever been to. This boxing event will be so memorable for the fans and this not a normal stadium. It's hard to picture it unless you come here and see it for yourself with all of the electronics and the big screens," arum said to boxingscene.

There is still no word on hbo's involvement with the pay-per-view. Arum would like to get hbo on board, but he plans to move forward either way.

"we've been with them for a long time and if they want to participate that's fine, but if they don't we have major media companies that are ready to jump on board especially with the cowboys and everything else," arum said.

A two day press tour is already in play.pacquiao-clottey will have the kick-off press conference on january 18 in dallas and the next stop on the tour will be in new york on the 19th. He plans to pack the undercard with hispanic talent. Former welterweight champion antonio margarito is one of the f!ghters they are planning to put on the show. A three f!ght undercard is being put together for the pay-per-view.

"we're looking to put a lot of hispanic f!ghters on the card. Margarito is one of them. I've already spoken with d*ckie cole [texas athletic commission] on when he can apply [for a license]. Roberto marroquin will definitely be on the show. They love him out here. And bruce [top rank's head matchmaker] will put together some more matches," arum said.

"there will be three f!ghts underneath pacquiao vs. Clottey. A press conference is scheduled for the 18th in dallas and a new york press conference on the 19th. And as part of the deal we made with jerry, is for them [cowboys organization] to be involved."

these were bob arums plans all along...to have 2 of his boxers f!ght at da cowboys stadium...not pbf

Last edited by dirtybayrecordz; 01-10-2010 at 04:29 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #10
space
space
By Dan Rafael
ESPN.com
Archive

Jerry Jones got his f!ght.

The owner of the Dallas Cowboys, who made a strong pitch to host the now-aborted Manny Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather Jr. f!ght at Cowboys Stadium by offering a record $25 million site fee, landed the next best thing.

The new $1.2 billion state-of-the-art facility in Arlington, Texas, will host Pacquiao's March 13 pay-per-view welterweight title defense against Joshua Clottey.

Jones and Top Rank's Bob Arum and Todd duBoef, who toured the facility and were Jones' guests at Saturday night's Cowboys playoff victory against the Philadelphia Eagles, closed the deal for the bout on Sunday afternoon.

"Bob was persistent in keeping this alive as a place for Manny's f!ght," Jones told ESPN.com, while celebrating the deal with Arum and duBoef. "I'm so glad Bob came back to us. We are so excited about this event and that we will be able to bring a big f!ght here for the Hispanic boxing fans, and all boxing fans in this area, who are also Dallas Cowboys fans. It's important for us. Manny is such an exemplary athlete."

Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but Jones could not contain his excitement.

"I never got into the NFL or bought the Cowboys for the money. I was lucky enough to already have some," he said. "This is about having a f!ghter like Manny and an event like this in our venue. When we finished the deal, I was shaking as much as I was when we beat the Eagles. I'm just as excited."

The timing of the formal news conference has not been determined because Pacquiao still needs to come to the United States from the Philippines and Clottey is headed to the U.S. from Ghana.

DuBoef said it probably won't be until after the Cowboys' Jan. 17 game against the Minnesota Vikings.

Jones said the stadium won't be set for the full 100,000 seating capacity as was planned for a Pacquiao-Mayweather bout. Instead, they'll start in the 40,000-seat range.

"But that's one of the great things about the stadium -- we can expand the seating capacity as it warrants," Jones said.

Arum (a huge New York Giants fan, not a Cowboys fan) was already in full promotional form after the deal was agreed to.

"This is going to be one of the biggest events in the history of boxing," Arum said. "This is the most incredible stadium setting I have ever seen. It is absolutely unbelievable. This is going to be much, much more than just a boxing match. A lot of things that happen are ordained by God. We weren't going to go here for Pacquiao-Mayweather f!ght because [Golden Boy CEO Richard] Schaefer wouldn't get on a plane and come down here and see the place. So that didn't happen. And now that f!ght isn't happening. And now we are here with Manny for another f!ght. When people see this event and how it will be presented, nothing in the past will ever compare to it."

Before the f!ght fell apart over a single issue -- the protocol for drug testing -- Arum was intrigued with the idea of bringing Pacquiao-Mayweather to Cowboys Stadium.

Arum, Schaefer and HBO Sports president Ross Greenburg were scheduled to be in Dallas on Dec. 9 to meet with Jones and tour the facility. But the night before, Schaefer called off the trip, a move that in retrospect was the beginning of the f!ght going downhill.

Besides being the home field for the Cowboys and now the host for Pacquiao-Clottey, Cowboys Stadium hosts the annual AT&T Cotton Bowl Classic and will host the NBA All-Star Game next month, the 2011 Super Bowl and the 2014 NCAA men's basketball Final Four.

One of the stadium's most significant fan-friendly elements is the world's largest (and most expensive at $40 million) HD video board, which is 72 feet high and 160 feet wide. Jones said every fan, regardless of where they are seated, would have a good view of the action because of it.

8 years ago '04        #11
Adwerdz 320 heat pts320
space
space
$32,792 | Props total: 23520 23520
so we get to see a 24/7 on clottey, I can't wait.

Clottey could have a good chance if he throws a good amount of punches and not stand around blocking most of the f!ght. Counter, Counter, Counter!!
 8 years ago '07        #12
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Adwerdz said:
so we get to see a 24/7 on clottey, I can't wait.

Clottey could have a good chance if he throws a good amount of punches and not stand around blocking most of the f!ght. Counter, Counter, Counter!!

Well, I think there will only be a 24/7 if HBO picks up the f!ght. If it's a Top Rank PPV, I an't see HBO running a series on it.
 8 years ago '06        #13
space
space
 stogz said:
Well, I think there will only be a 24/7 if HBO picks up the f!ght. If it's a Top Rank PPV, I an't see HBO running a series on it.
why wouldnt they pick it up?
 8 years ago '06        #14
space
space
Mayweather's Return Confirmed: Pacquiao PPV Duel is Set

[pic - click to view]

By Rick Reeno

BoxingScene.com spoke with Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer to shed some light on the return date for Floyd Mayweather Jr. There were conflicting reports over the weekend. Speaking to BoxingScene on Sunday night, Schaefer confirmed Mayweather's return for the date of March 13 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Schaefer was representing Mayweather in the failed negotiations to make a f!ght with Manny Pacquiao. The two sides were unable to reach an agreement on the cut-off date for random drug tests. Both sides made concessions but in the end they couldn't finalize a deal. Mayweather held firm to a 14 day cut-off on the random tests, while Pacquiao held tight on a final proposal for a 24 day cut-off. After weeks of trying to make Mayweather-Pacquaio a reality, Schaefer was obviously disappointed with the final outcome.

"Life goes on. I know it's not the f!ght the fans wanted to see, but life goes on and the sport of boxing goes on. I hate that it's not going to happen but we all have to move on. Floyd Mayweather made some real concessions, especially in the last week when agreed to the 14 days. You don't always get everything you want under the Christmas tree," Schaefer said.

"It's a blow for the sport of boxing and a setback but life goes on and the sport of boxing will go on. Nobody is happy about it but life goes on with March 13. I do hope that eventually one day the f!ght will happen."

Top Rank quickly lined up another opponent in Joshua Clottey. They closed the deal on Sunday to stage Pacquiao-Clottey on March 13 at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. Schaefer is exploring several possible candidates for the Mayweather f!ght.

"Floyd is definitely going to f!ght on March 13. We are working on a few potential opponents for Floyd Mayweather. Hopefully in the next few days we will have something more concrete. I'm really pleased to see that the MGM Grand in Las Vegas is fully behind us and fully behind Floyd Mayweather," Schaefer said.

Because Shane Mosley is f!ghting Andre Berto on January 30, he is obviously not an option for March. Schaefer has spoken with Mayweather's advisers Leonard Ellerbe and Al Haymon about the possibility of a Mosley clash for a later point in 2010.

"I started to have conversations with Al Haymon and Leonard. March 13 is one f!ght and there will be others. Shane is considered by most as the best 147-pounder out there. He has a tough f!ght on January 30 against an undefeated champion, Andre Berto. I'm very excited about that f!ght and there is a lot at stake, including a possible f!ght with Mayweather," Schaefer said.

The aftermath of Mayweather-Pacquiao has created a very interesting scenario where arguably the two biggest stars in boxing will headline competing pay-per-view events on the same night.

The promoters have made their decisions. Which way will HBO go? Nobody knows at the moment.

Both Golden Boy and Top Rank are speaking with HBO. Neither side has received their commitment, yet. Top Rank CEO Bob Arum told BoxingScene that he plans to move forward with or without HBO's support.

"I know Top Rank is talking to HBO. I know we are talking to HBO. We will have to see what their position will be and how things will shape up," Schaefer said.

Arum told BoxingScene on Sunday afternoon that he would be willing to revisit a potential Mayweather-Pacquiao f!ght in the fall - but only if Mayweather drops his demand for Olympic-style random drug tests. If that's the position that Arum and Pacquaio plan to take, Schaefer doesn't see how a deal can possibly get done. Whether they revisit the deal in the fall, or negotiate in 2011, Mayweather will likely demand a binding clause for random drug tests.

"I don't see anything changing. I've read their statements. I just don't see that happening but I'm not the one lacing up the gloves and getting in the ring. I don't think these issues that are there are suddenly going away in the fall. I just don't see that happening," Schaefer said.

--------------------------

Pacquiao's Training Camp; Arum Furious; George Bush Too

[pic - click to view]

By Ronnie Nathanielsz
Pound-for-pound hero Manny Pacquiao will begin training at the Wild Card Gym of Freddie Roach for his WBO welterweight title defense against former world champion Joshua Clottey on Monday.

Pacquiao who is currently vacationing with wife Jinkee, their four children and close relatives and friends in picturesque Boracay will leave for Los Angeles on Friday, knowing that he has to train as hard as always because Clottey is a dangerous opponent.

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum told insidesports.ph, Standard Today and Viva Sports that the Pacquiao-Clottey f!ght details have been finalized and the f!ght will take place at the $1.2 billion Dallas Cowboys stadium of Jerry Jones which Arum described as spectacular.

Arum who watched the Dallas Cowboys game with former President George Bush and Laura Bush in the owner’s box as well as former baseball great, pitcher Nolan Ryan, said “I have never in my life seen anything like this stadium. Its unbelievable.”

He said President Bush told him “Bob you are better off without Mayweather. Everybody just wants to see Manny Pacquiao and this is a great f!ght and unless I am called away to make a speech I am coming to the f!ght.”

Arum said the kickoff press conference at the Dallas Stadium will be held on January 18 and would be “the press conference to end all press conferences with the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders performing while some of them will serve as round girls during the f!ght. This is stupendous.”

At the same time he branded Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer’s announced plan to stage a Mayweather f!ght against a still unnamed opponent at the MGM Grand on the same date as an act that “shows how malicious he (Schaefer) has become.” He said Pacquiao has to f!ght in March because he has to campaign for the May elections in which he is seeking the lone congressional seat from the province of Sarangani. Arum said Mayweather could f!ght in April or May but Schaefer was malicious and wants to stage a f!ght on the same day. Arum said “who cares” even as he suggested that Schaefer “go back to banking and leave boxing to the real professionals.”

Arum also touched on the alleged email referred to by ESPN boxing commentator Teddy Atlas which he said he was informed about by a source whom he trusted. The source according to Atlas claimed that some unidentified person supposedly from Team Pacquiao had asked that should Pacquiao found to be “dirty” after a blood test as demanded by the Mayweather camp whether it could be kept secret in order not to hurt the planned Pacquiao-Mayweather March 13 f!ght.

Arum said “there is no email. Period. This is a made-up, malicious story. Trust me, there is no email. Who will send a stupid email like that? Yes you can test but don’t say nothing if it comes back dirty. Then why test? He likened the allegations against Pacquiao without a shred of evidence to the late Sen. Joseph McCarthy who accused many individuals of being communists where “you had to prove your innocence” which was contrary to the accepted principle of being innocent until proven guilty. Arum charged “this is the same type of tactic but everybody is aware of this and public opinion is completely on Manny’s side, so we’ve moved on and don’t wish to discuss this anymore. The publicity battle is over. We’ve kicked their a.ss.” .

8 years ago '04        #15
igotgame4ya 
space
space
$1,858 | Props total: 19 19
eff this f!ght and every other f!ght that's not Mayweather vs. Pacquiao!!!!!
 8 years ago '07        #16
Welsh! 
space
space
$5,541 | Props total: 39 39
Hope Clottey f**ks Pac up.

I never took sides in the Mayweather/Pacman debate, but what Pac has done is a b**ch move.
 8 years ago '09        #17
McmasterlockPt2 41 heat pts41
space
space
$12,910 | Props total: 839 839
I hope both of them their f**king f!ghts get low ratings
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by McmasterlockPt2; 01-12-2010 at 02:52 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #18
kevkhalee 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,319 | Props total: 120 120
PBF tryna f!ght on the same night?
Wtf, why is he hating?
I cant watch both at the same time.

This is some bulls**t
 8 years ago '04        #19
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,346 | Props total: 2775 2775
 kevkhalee said:
PBF tryna f!ght on the same night?
Wtf, why is he hating?
I cant watch both at the same time.

This is some bulls**t

actually we can watch both. Dont forget nevada and texas has 2 hour difference. We might have the best boxing PPV card in the past 5 years. Pacquaio vs Clottey comes on first, with Floyd vs ????(it better be no bum......i really want him to f!ght between Timothy Bradley or Paul williams...and if he takes on Paul....ill give all respect for floyd).

They need to have it on the same PPV card. Margarito come back, pacquaio vs clottey, floyd vs whoever will at least make up for the f!ght not happening.

Last edited by VictoryThagr8; 01-11-2010 at 08:17 AM..
 8 years ago '06        #20
space
space
 McmasterlockPt2 said:
I hope both of them their f**king f!ghts
Posted via Mobile Device
wtf did u just say??

VictoryThagr8 said:
actually we can watch both. Dont forget nevada and texas has 2 hour difference. We might have the best boxing PPV card in the past 5 years. Pacquaio vs Clottey comes on first, with Floyd vs ????(it better be no bum......i really want him to f!ght between Timothy Bradley or Paul williams...and if he takes on Paul....ill give all respect for floyd).

They need to have it on the same PPV card. Margarito come back, pacquaio vs clottey, floyd vs whoever will at least make up for the f!ght not happening.
lol the only reason floyd would take a pwill f!ght is cuz he recently got exposed by martinez, but he'll still never f!ght him imo. he really has no1 else to f!ght , its ridiculous
Home      

most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
100 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
185 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
60 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
45 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy