The Hip Hop Underground Thread

most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
59 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
111 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
96 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
58 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #41
VegaTheChosen|M 4 heat pts OP
space
space
$4,273 | Props total: 1 1
Edo G and Masta Ace are A & E 1st track off the album is Little Young track is heat
grab it here,
 8 years ago '04        #42
space
space

[video - click to view]

Term with DJ Booth
 8 years ago '04        #43
space
space
Jakki Da Motamouth "Interview"

I didnt want to sound corny and say..
"Kids you should have safe s3x or you can catch a disease if you dont wear a condom"

The man behind the critically acclaimed albums
God Vs Satan & Psycho Circus
Ladies and gentlemen.. I present to you Mr.Rubin also known as

Jakki Da Motamouth.

- So Jakki, Where did you grow up?

Jakki: Columbus, Ohio raised mostly in Sutton Square apartment complex

- and how did you first get in contact with hip hop?

Jakki: radio...."Fly girls" by The Boogie Boys was the first song that made me completely like hip hop then came beat street,breakin 2, run dmc,LL , big daddy kane, etc.

- Can you tell us a little bit more about rhyme style? And your inspirations?

Jakki: I was introduced thru MHZ as a punchline/battle/shock value MC, but once i put out my first solo album, "God vs Satan" I let fans in on my storytelling side... my inspirations were ghetto boys, anything off of Rap Alot Records at that time, Big Daddy Kane, and then eventually some locals like intalec, phizz ed, (funk friends) and then all of my old "Opium Prodigy" members. Now days it's hard to say...Copy has lines so he inspires me to keep writing better punches...country music helps inspire me with stories, cats like DJ Prizm(RIP), Blueprint, Walter Rocktight kept me doin music along with Copy...and a little Jay z/Nas/Camron/ on the mainstream side of things

- Who would you like to work with and who have you worked with in the past?

Jakki: I have worked with Weathermen, Vakill, Prime, Blueprint,DJ Prizm,Napps n Dread (a dope florida cat) just recorded a song with Copy for k!lla Preist's new stuff...would like to work with some of the old heads i use to work wit in regards to songs... also Premier obviously, Guru, souls of mischief, and maybe some new cats that have skill... Walter Rocktight because we think alike idea wise and of course RJD2.

- Do you miss the mhz days? (and if yes) - what do you miss most about it?

Jakki: I do miss those days... to be quite honest once you become popular you have alot of label owners that nitt pick and choose one out of all of you and then you do your solo thing. Sometimes it f**ks up everything you had goin on with the group because these cats(lablels owners) all wanna take you in different directions. it causes break ups, beefs, and sometimes mess up friendships..I miss the chemistry we all had ...we all had something different to bring to the table and you put that together you had a diverse group so a fan is gonna say "Camu is my favorite because he has an abstract style" or Jakki has good punches and similies, Copy has a dope delivery and punches ..Tage has very dope word play and that RJ has dope beats.

- What do you think of most rappers out there right now? Any likes or dislikes?

Jakki: Put it like this....I could make another "I hate what is goin on in rap right now i.e. F.H.H. song" but it is not worth my time at this point... I dont like all these rappers using auto tunes in every song they drop. Jay z beat me to a song about this new Roger troutman phenomenon. I do like alot of west coast battlers im hearin nowdays and some on this side. I like Cam'rons song " I use to get it in Ohio" . I like some of the new stuff comin out from us...

- One of my favorite Jakki joints would prolly be"Positive Rap", could you tell us alittle bit about the creative process of writing that song?

Jakki: I like psycholgical thrillers because you cant really predict the ending...i wanted to make a positive song to counter alot of the negatives I have out there.... I wanted to make a song promoting safe s3x despite what some of my other shock value punchlines suggested ... I didnt want to sound corny and say.."Kids you should have safe s3x or you can catch a disease if you dont wear a condom" ...so i did like I usually do and threw myself in a scenario where i would be a "victim" of a bad doctor visit...and that way if you look at how the character reacted to his diagnosis (which was to give it to others) it makes you think twice....make you wonder what if this really happened and you were sleeping with one of his victims then at the same time I wanted to show you how getting mad and acting irresponsible just because you are angry can have its own consequense. Instead of dude mannin up and just dealin with the consequense of his mistakes, he decided to take it out on people who had no part in how he got the disease in the first place. I didnt want to say the name of the disease I allowed most people to a.ssume. Good job people!

- Whatīs your favorite rap joint of all time?

Jakki: "Bring it on" Ghetto Boys

- Favorite flick?

Jakki: Itīs between "Boondox Saints" "Equilibrium"and "No Country for Old Men..

- Any upcoming projects?

Jakki: i'm workin on a solo album right now tentatively titled "The death of Jakki Da Motamouth" also me and Copy working on material

- Where could we get ahold of your music or for show bookings?

Jakki: all my music can be found online at spots like , CD Baby, Best Buy.com we just re released "Tablescraps" MHZ on Man Bites Dog Records that can be founs in Major chains like Best Buy, Barnes and Noble, etc. you can order Psycho Circus directly from or itunes

- Any Last words or shout outs!

Jakki: shout out to all my fans and haters alike(haters know who they are)...Walter Rocktight, King Dom, Copywrite,Tage,Meta4ce,Catalyst,Intalec, Chris Cardwell,Napps, Dankcharnrley and too many others to name i'll shout yall out on the album

Visit:
 08-12-2009, 12:11 PM         #44
Halftimee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VegaTheChosen said:

Term with DJ Booth
can't wait for this s**t, Term is probably top 5 underground IMO.
 8 years ago '04        #45
space
space
Rakim on Good Day Live NYC

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #46
space
space
check out this new track by Solomon Childs, produced by the RZA
 8 years ago '04        #47
space
space
Cormega stopped by Eclipse's halftime show and talked about hip-hop his new album as far as concepts, features and production he talks about the beef between Raekwon and Budden and once again says some of the realest s**t about the situation he also spits Journey live in the studio. Also as a bonus Mega's new track Journey get em both here

8 years ago '04        #48
space
space
Apathy New Album "Wanna SNuggle" Cover +News

[pic - click to view]

It's album time again!

The last time I dropped an album was 2006. But there's a reason for that...
Allow me to explain :

If you don't know by now... I am a psychotic, insane, mad scientist... and a perfectionist.
I'm constantly working through the night... (my drug of choice is sleep deprivation) staying up 'til 9 or 10 a.m. almost every day. I work on songs, concepts, beats... write, re-write, scrap... Until I feel like I have a perfect (or close to) project. So the last three years, were not spent in vain.

Eastern Philosophy was my baby. That was my first album... and essentially 27 years in the making. I read a similar thing that Nas said once, about crafting Illmatic. Your first album, should be your life... leading up until that point. Well... "Wanna Snuggle?" is the continuing adventures of...

This album (Wanna Snuggle?), is much deeper than Eastern Philosophy. Wayyyy more personal s**t, and a lot more introspective analyzation. I know all artists feel like this... but I'm a lot more proud of this album, than anything I've ever done.

The first thing everyone asks me is...
"Why are you calling it Wanna Snuggle?"

I wanted something that would stand out... and grab people's attention. Because nowadays... albums don't. And the fact that I'm going to pull off, having an album called "Wanna Snuggle?", is amazing.

And also... the idea for the artwork.

New Apathy album "Wanna Snuggle?" - info and release date
In this blog issue :

*Info about my album
*Release date
*Cover art
*A few "making of" stories
*No labels... 100% Indie

It's album time again!

The last time I dropped an album was 2006. But there's a reason for that...
Allow me to explain :

If you don't know by now... I am a psychotic, insane, mad scientist... and a perfectionist.
I'm constantly working through the night... (my drug of choice is sleep deprivation) staying up 'til 9 or 10 a.m. almost every day. I work on songs, concepts, beats... write, re-write, scrap... Until I feel like I have a perfect (or close to) project. So the last three years, were not spent in vain.

Eastern Philosophy was my baby. That was my first album... and essentially 27 years in the making. I read a similar thing that Nas said once, about crafting Illmatic. Your first album, should be your life... leading up until that point. Well... "Wanna Snuggle?" is the continuing adventures of...

This album (Wanna Snuggle?), is much deeper than Eastern Philosophy. Wayyyy more personal s**t, and a lot more introspective analyzation. I know all artists feel like this... but I'm a lot more proud of this album, than anything I've ever done.

The first thing everyone asks me is...
"Why are you calling it Wanna Snuggle?"

I wanted something that would stand out... and grab people's attention. Because nowadays... albums don't. And the fact that I'm going to pull off, having an album called "Wanna Snuggle?", is amazing.

And also... the idea for the artwork.
f**kin brilliant.
Shot out to Chris B Murray who sketched the snake... my father who did the base coloring...
and Open Mic who tied it all together, with the shading texture, and all the background and text. Open Mic is the illest graphic designer out right now. Period.
A lot went in to that cover.

I even got that s**t tatted on me!

[Wanna Snuggle? tat... Shot out to Christian at

Making this album was dope!

First of all... let me explain, that this is NOT on a label of any kind.

No Atlantic... no Babygrande...
Just Celph and I, as business partners, putting out a project.

100% independent.

(Don't worry... it's going to have VERY good distribution and availability)

Everyone who contributed to this album, I consider a friend in some way or another.
Whether we're close friends... or acquaintances, that I have tremendous respect for.

Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park, B-Real of Cypress Hill, Phonte of Little Brother, J-Live, Chip-Fu...

I can't thank them enough... or express to them how much I appreciate, what they did on the album. Cuz in all actuality... they didn't have to do s**t. But by the good graces, of whatever supernatural, cosmic forces shift around the universe.... they hooked ya boy Ap up.

Not to mention everyone else who worked on this album with me... my crew.
They are my "people, people"... my everyday family. My close friends who I work with quite a bit.

Celph Titled, Emilio Lopez, Ryu, Motive, Chum, Blue Raspberry, Holly Brook, Dj Mekalek... everyone came through to help me on this.

You're also gonna hear some new names you might not be familiar with.
Blacastan, one of the dopest new emcees i've heard... who is also from CT
Veze Skante from Los Angeles, CA... who is raw as f**k.
Dose... hailing from New London, CT, and is an incredible story teller/emcee
Mike Mass... a young NY/FL rapper, who is the next generation of this s**t
King Magnetic, who is a fellow member of A.O.T.P.

These dudes all help me k!ll it, on the album.

Now I know what you're saying... "Damn Ap... that's an awful lot of guest appearances."

Well... just relax... the album is 21 tracks. So everything works out, just fine.

On the production side of things...

I handle most of beats. Production is my new love. I'm doing a lot of outside production lately (Cypress Hill, AOTP, Tiye Phoenix, Holly Brook, Eternia... the list goes on), so it's only natural that I would pull a Kanye/Pete Rock... and rap over my own s**t.

Not to say that there isn't help.
Mike Shinoda did an amazingly classic beat. Teddy Roxpin did 3 beats on my album. And I also had some production collabs with newcomers : Smoke The World and Joey Doughnuts.

And then, there is the incredible musicians like Vertygo, and Ed Briones.... who played bass and keys on a few tracks.

I'm really looking forward to you guys hearing this album. I'm in love with it. I hope you will be, as well.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like I mentioned before... we don't have a label. We're putting this out on our own. Just Celph and I. So any help, word of mouth promotion, support... anything would definitely help us out.
I know I don't even really have to ask. You guys always hold it down for us... and spread the word. That's definitely what kept us from quitting, a few times.

Shot out to Chris Barnett for the advisement, wisdom, and ideas!

Anyway... ANY QUESTIONS?

I'll try to answer as many as possible.

PEACE

Ap

OCTOBER 6th!!! IN STORES!!!
 8 years ago '04        #49
space
space
Love that beat mad Lib and Dilla k!lled that on Champion Sound though

[video - click to view]

08-13-2009, 11:23 PM         #51
HeavenlySword 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hunedz said:
Dope UG...Love this song

wasnt this track in one of the 2K games??? Im thinking....yup.

NBA 2K5.
 8 years ago '04        #52
SokeSleezy 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,974 | Props total: 121 121
Oct 6th for the Ap album huh,guess i kno wat im gettin my girl for our anniversary,lol...
 8 years ago '07        #54
Hunedz|M 38 heat pts38
space
space
$6,414 | Props total: 3 3
 HeavenlySword said:
wasnt this track in one of the 2K games??? Im thinking....yup.

NBA 2K5.
Correcto0oo
 8 years ago '04        #55
silentmurder2 1 heat pts
space
space
$674 | Props total: 0 0
what are everyones thoughts on Diabolic?
 8 years ago '04        #56
space
space
he's ok wouldve been good if he dropped a real album ten years ago im not sure if he still does s**t,

but yo Locksmiths new video

[video - click to view]

08-15-2009, 08:03 PM         #57
graydome 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 silentmurder2 said:
what are everyones thoughts on Diabolic?
he's good, don't have much material from him though except guests.

Can't wait for the new Apathy album, I like when rappers that take their time to get it right.
 8 years ago '04        #58
space
space
ANother new Vast Aire joint
 8 years ago '07        #59
Verse 71 heat pts71
space
space
$16,576 | Props total: 5261 5261
Apathy - "Wanna Snuggle" artwork

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #60
space
space
i think i posted that before but goood look on the higher res
newest issue of HIPHOP CONNECTION GRAB IT HERE
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago