Steph Kegels
68 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
28 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
102 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
90 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #1
6116 pageviews
152 comments

VegaTheChosen|M 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,273 | Props total: 1 1
The Underground Thread

[pic - click to view]

Well since they merged my section with this I figure it's only appropriate to have a large discussion thread of Underground s**t so I guess I'll set it off,
Anyone check out that new Poison Pen album ? its pretty nice real dope track on there featuring Immortal Technique,

Last edited by VegaTheChosen; 02-02-2010 at 07:01 AM..

152 comments for "The Hip Hop Underground Thread"

8 years ago '04        #2
VegaTheChosen|M 4 heat pts OP
space
space
some news on vinnie paz's new label "Enemy Soil"

[pic - click to view]

After nearly thirteen years of experience creating a catalog of critically acclaimed and commercially successful releases as the frontman of both Jedi Mind Tricks and his sideproject, Army of the Pharaohs, Vinnie Paz has taken over the reins of his own record label, Enemy Soil Records.

“We’ve been itchin to do our own record label again for awhile. Enemy Soil is just a natural progression from what we’ve accomplished as Jedi Mind Tricks and Army of the Pharaohs,” offers Vinnie. No stranger to the executive producer role, Vinnie has always overseen all aspects of his records from selecting new producers to pairing emcees on tracks to sitting in on mix sessions to choosing cover artists to a.ssisting with marketing plans. He adds, “With our experience, I think we can help artists avoid some of the mistakes we made coming up through the industry. And with our track record of success at retail and as a live touring act, we’re confident we can partner with Enemy Soil’s artists to help them grow their record sales and their touring business.”
 08-07-2009, 10:43 PM         #3
Halftimee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
checkin that now, you should peep the new Brother Ali EP it's pretty dope. Hopefully we can keep this thread poppin cus I'm sick of all the bulls**t threads in this section.
 8 years ago '04        #4
space
space
yea that brother ali is ep is great! i love that track umm i think its called good lord,

heres some news that came out with Vast Aire and why he left def jux and the weathermen

[pic - click to view]

ITS LIKE THAT, AND THATS THE WAY IT IS
FIRST, PEACE LOVE AND RESPECT TO CAMU TAO {R.I.P.}

i would like to say i never started any beef, but i will an end to it
im going to answer some questions from the fans so a basic understanding can be reached.

WHY DID YOU LEAVE DEF JUX? AND WHEN?

I left def jux in late 2002 / 2003, i started working on my lp "Look Mom No Hands"
at this time, me and camu {SA SMASH} were living together in BKNY. camu was working on "Smashy Trashy" his only lp on Def jux. at the time, Def jux was trying to expand their amount of artist, and they staterted giving out "recording advances". at the time COLD VEIN had sold over 100,000 cd's and a maxi single of the F-word sold about 30,000 at the time {140,000 records sold}.

can ox at the time didnt have a "deal", we recorded everything as friends, but we blew up over night, and def jux didnt know how to handle it, so you can imagine that can ox was mad! {CAN OX WAS ONLY MAKING MONEY FROM SHOWS}

we bult this label with you {el-p} but your giving money to outsiders first????
DEF JUX SHOULD HAVE PAID CAN OX AND RJD2 BEFORE YOU PAID MURS AND 9TH WONDER, C-RAYZ AND ETC? {PEACE TO THEM, IM JUST MAKING A POINT}

at this time, dj Mr Len told me that El-p's biz-partner {DEF JUX / OZONE} Ameechi stole $5000 from co-flow, and this is why MR LEN didnt hang around or do cuts for def jux any more!!!!

so, its 3 years after my great lp {cold vein} blows up, but el-p and ameechi dont have any money for me and vordul??????? but more than 5 groups are getting advances????
AND MR LEN SAID $5000 WAS GONE! DUE TO AMEECHI!???

THAT STARTED A HUGE BEEF! me and el-p had some VERBAL f!ghts, and i moved to red hook brooklyn. this is when me camu and metro had a crib, they moved from ohio to do their lp for def jux,

CAN OX GOT A LAWYER AND THEIR MONEY...but the vibe was different, its like when your girl friends catches you cheating, its never the same after that! we should have never had to chase our own money!!!! we could record as friends, but when it was time to pay me i was told to get a lawyer?????

so we {can ox} wanted to move forward, but when it wasnt the biz problems, we had creative problems and lack of control.

El-p is a control freak, if he cant produced every song, he starts to throw fits! at this time {2003} im getting crazy ill beats from Mf doom, Madlib, Ayatollah Camu tao etc.
i wasnt thinking about el-p, his sound was dope, but its was limted. it was the same type of style, i wanted somthing new, and i wanted control! hence the name LOOK MOM NO HANDS! all that ment was "freedom" at def jux in those days, el-p was cencering a line or 2 out of dudes rhymes. i watched him do it to camu tao and vordul mega!

el-p told camu tao he could not "slap a girl" in his rap song, and he told vordul "you put to many 'n*gga's' in your raps"

the last thing i needed was some emo white kid telling me how many 'n*ggas' i can have in my rap songs! and one of my favorote hip hop songs is "top billing" and in that song milk says very clearly "if your girl is out of line...its your girl i slap" and as far as black people using the word 'n*gga' q-tip already broke tha down! so ME CAMU AND VORDUl hated that day! this is why i left def jux bad biz and lack of creative control!

WHAT WENT DOWN WITH CAN OX'S 2ND RECORD?

To be real, we started that project, but vordul dropped the ball on that, vordul became very distant and was drunk and coked up all the time, he became this way after his jaw was broken in a bar f!ght that was ment for el-p. long story short, that helped wake up vorduls "dark side" and we only did like 5 songs. El-p got mad at me as if i should have been vordul's baby sitter! vordul is a grown man, he mad his choices, dont get mad at me! so then we had our final fall out and the last thing we recorded was Mr Lif's songs "Brothaz rmx wit can ox" me and vordul are cool, and we still are recording! thats my family! he's on my new lp "OX 2010"

WHY DID YOU LEAVE WEATHERMEN CREW?

AT THIS TIME....I WASNT ON DEF JUX BUT I WAS STILL A WEATHERMAN MEMBER!
I did a Tour with SSS {TAME ONE AND D-DONS in late 2006} with my homie 4th p, it was called the teen wolf tour, it was fun and cool, but then it turned for the worst!
cage claims i took money from yak ballz and tame one????
according to whom since cage wasnt on the tour??????

the tour was set up for me to get an average of about $850 a night {i was told i was going to get $1000 to head line, but i left it alone because im wit my peoples, SO I THOUGHT}

one of the shows was not part of the tour, it was a show i already had as a solo artist, but i added it to the tour {teen wolf tour} long story short, I should have gotten $900 dollars that night, but yak ballz felt i should take $750. now....i understand yak ballz was paying for extra gas {and i was also} and i understand that yak was feeding Tame one {and so was i} but he had no right to to try and get more money from a show that was never his? he got the same money he got every night, that $150 or $75 bucks had nothing to do with him? AND ITS IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO STEAL MY OWN MONEY!

so if that makes me a crook, then im muthaf**kin robin hood!
i dont have anything to hide! i gave yak the $150 THE NEXT DAY! we had 4 more shows and i wanted to dead the beef, but i made it clear it was my money to begin with!

also on that same tour we had dinner at a mexican spot, and we all are talking about projects etc. i told every one at the table {yak incluuded} that i didnt like aesop's new lp at the time {bazooka tooth} I LOVE AESOP! but i didnt like that record, all i said was "you cant hear his words anymore" and yak turned that into me being a hater!!!!

meanwhile all these b**ch emo kids do is talk s**t about you in emails, blogs and or 2-ways!

Tame showed me a 2-ways convo with cage trying to get votes to kick me out of weathermen! THATS RIGHT TAME SHOWED ME A 2-WAY EMAIL WIT CAGE TRYING TO VOTE ME OUT! SO BEFORE THE ELECTION WAS DONE, I LEFT THE NEW LEFT. BECAUSE I KNEW THEY WERE ALL FAKES.

AT THE END OF THE DAY IF CAMU HATED ME, WHY IS HIS RIGHT HAND MAN {METRO} CLOSE FRIENDS WITH ME AND IS ON MY NEW LP? WHY AM I STILL COOL WITH ALL OF CAMU'S OHIO PEOPLES LIKE BIG JT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

METRO IS PROOF THAT ME AND CAMU WERE GOOD, HOW ELSE DID I GET MY BEATS FOR MIGHTY JOSEPH {BLOOD SPORT PROD BY CAMU!}

THE ONLY LIARS AND CROOKS HERE ARE THESE EMO b**chES!

like i said before if they are angels that never did nothing wrong

WHERE IS

SPACE?
BIG JUS?
MR LEN?
J-TREDS?
BREEZLY BREWIN?
C-RAYZ?
MASAI BEY?
MURS?
RJD2?
CAN OX?
MR LIF?
AND B.M.S.?

NONE OF THEM WORK WITH DEF JUX ANYMORE...LETS BE REAL ABOUT THIS!

and look at cage's history!!!!

he worked with NECRO?
and HIGH AND MIGHTY?

...ONLY TO TURN ON THEM???

HE TURNED ON COPY, MASAI BEY, B.M.S. SPACE AND ME!

JUST THINK ABOUT HOW CAMU FELT WHEN EL-P'S CENSORSHIP DESTROYED SMASHY TRASHY THE LP! CAMU HATED DEF JUX'S CENSORSHIP, IF HE HATED ANYTHING AT ALL!

WHAT TYPE OF RECORD LABEL IS THAT???
AND I CANT BE DOWN WITH A CREW OF "YES MEN"

IF I DONT LIKE YOUR BEAT I DONT LIKE IT, YOU f**kING EMO b**ch!
AND EL-P IS A b**ch BECAUSE HE KNOWS CAGE s**tTED ON HIM!!!! BUT HE KISSES HIS a.ss!

ANY REAL FAN CAN LOOK AT THE PATTERNS AND FIGURE IT OUT!

LAST BUT NT LEAST, I HAVE A SECRET UNRELEASED "BLAIR COSBY" SONG OF CAMU TAO DISSING DEF JUX AND EL-P!

BUT, DID I RELEASE IT, NO!

IM GONNA LET THEM KEEP DIGGING THEIR s**t HOLE
AND THEN IM GOING PRESS PLAY AND BRING CAMU BACK TO LIFE DISSING THEM!

IF IM A LIAR, ASK METRO!!!!!!!!!!

PEACE-

OX 2010 COMING SOON!
 8 years ago '04        #5
Joe Scumbag 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,754 | Props total: 3580 3580
Yo vega good read

@ vast comin off all calm then throwin a b**ch-fit

With all that said i still f**ks wit Def Jux :shurg:

When did change turn on necro the eastern conference i get
 8 years ago '04        #6
space
space
i wouldnt say he turned on either he just wanted to work elsewhere
after cage got out of his contract with EC he went next door to Def Jux basically,
but i believe he did have some problems with them by the end, but i just heard not long ago or saw for that matter on twitter that he was talking with mighty mi so it cant be all bad?
as far as Necro cage never said anything bad about Necro just that they were into different things and necro the same ive read in multiple interviews saying they would work with each other again or necor said hed throw him a beat if he wanted one, but another problem lies within that cuz Necro punched out Mighty Mi for not getting Necros approval for using Radiohead Instrumental on EC All Stars vol 2
wether or not theyd still work together well probably never know considering they seem to be way different than eachother now
 08-07-2009, 11:44 PM         #7
Halftimee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good f**kin read, I gotta say I kinda believe Vast Aire when he was speakin about Cage voting him out the Weathermen. Like Cage is my favorite rapper but I could see him pulling a b**ch move like that.
 8 years ago '09        #8
WezLFaCe_KiD 57 heat pts57
space
space
$14,832 | Props total: 1052 1052
good read
 8 years ago '04        #9
space
space
Del and Tame-One from the Artifacts are making an LP together, this sounds pretty dope check it out

Two of Hip-Hop's Most Respected Lyricists Together For the First Time

"We're gonna get you, cause you're faking and our funk's official"
-Del, "Gaining Ground"

It ain't that competition is missing… it's just that no one's kicking it clever"
– Tame One, "We Taking Over"

Remember the old-school Marvel Team-Up comic book which paired, say, Spider-Man with Thor, Wolverine with the Human Torch, or the Hulk and Daredevil? In the spirit of those classic collaborations, Gold Dust announces Parallel Uni-Verses, a joint effort between Hieroglyphics founder Del The Funky Homosapien and original Artifacts emcee Tame One. Produced entirely by Parallel Thought, the album's ten tracks return to a time when inventiveness, creativity, funky beats—and, above all, lyricism—ruled hip-hop.

Oakland's Del The Funky Homosapien is one of the creators of the alternative rap genre, a perennial fan favorite who, in addition to releasing four solo albums—including 1992's seminal, gold-selling I Wish My Brother George Was Here--and two group albums with Hieroglyphics, was featured on the Gorillaz' epononymous, platinum-selling debut and Dan the Automator's sci-fi-themed concept album Deltron 3030.

Newark's Tame One is best known as one-half of the Artifacts, a graffiti-writing hip-hop duo active in the mid- and late-90s, whose output includes the classic singles "Wrong Side of Da Tracks" and "The Ultimate." In recent years, Tame has been a member of two underground supergroups: the Weatherman (with Cage, Camu Tao, and Aesop Rock); and the Leak Brothers (with Cage).

del"I've known Tame for years," Del says. "I always thought he was one of the dopest [MCs] out." Del recalls first linking with Tame around 1993. "We both were kinda like party animals so that's kinda how I got to liking his personality. He has a good sense of humor, so that's probably the main reason I liked to be around him. We somewhat kept in touch throughout the years, back and forth, but I always would follow his career."

"We just always remained cool," Tame says of Del, adding, "I have ALWAYS been impressed by his wordplay and originality. Rap-wise, neither of us use words only because they rhyme; I believe we both utilize substance as opposed to nonsense."

This project came about, Tame says, out of a need to "showcase how things used to be done, without the politics of the day, bling-bling aspirations, greed and egos corrupting the hip-hop art form." An unselfish creative process governed the recording process, with both emcees and the Parallel Thought production team focused on using the best of today's technology, while still keeping an old-school formula. "It was done very James Brownish, if you can dig that," Del says. "James did everything by feel. If it felt right, then that's what it was, and Tame is very much like that."

For Tame, the entire album is a testament to what he calls a "grassroots" hip-hop aesthetic, which stands out over other contemporary rap releases "because of the sonic quality and clarity of the samples and our vocal performances." Asked to name his favorite tracks on the album, Del says, "man, you asking the wrong person. I don't play favorites. I like each joint for different reasons and they all have they place. I'll let the public decide which ones they may favor, smell me?"

Parallel Uni-Verses is that rare rap album which transcends tired clichés and maintains traditional hip-hop values without seeming retro or passé. "Man, I ain't even gonna be egotistical like that and try to say that we are trying to usher in some new revival of whatever," Del says. However, he adds, "I'm a say this: we ARE the element that is missing, not [just] because I said so. That's what's up; we didn't sell out for all the luxury and monetary gains. The original ways, we kept at and built upon those."

Proving that true lyricism is alive and well, Parallel Uni-Verses is another feather in the cap for Del and Tame, two prolific and highly-respected artists upholding the hip-hop art form at its best—and holding their own in 2009.

For More Information, Check Out:

8 years ago '05        #10
Mr Hyde 22 heat pts22
space
space
$2,872 | Props total: 0 0
^ its in the UG section on itsbx
 8 years ago '04        #11
space
space
here's a new promo for Jus Allah ft Vinnie Paz its for Hell Awaits tour and promoting his new album called MMA aka Meanest Man Alive
check it out here
 8 years ago '04        #12
space
space
Snowgoons ft Reef & Sicknature - This Is Where The Fun Stops REMIX 4 HIPHOP KEMP

[video - click to view]

Special HipHop Kemp Remix of the Snowgoons song "This Is Where The Fun Stops" ft Reef The Lost Cauze & Sicknature!
Free DOWNLOAD:
(Right-Click and Safe)
 8 years ago '04        #13
space
space
you guys heard about Stoupes new group Dutch?
here's the 1st track off the new album
 8 years ago '05        #14
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69
Checked Posion Pen, was ok album. Nothing special.

Will check for Brother Ali
 8 years ago '04        #15
space
space
i think the brother ali joint was free too
heres the joint I was talking about Good Lord off his newest EP

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #16
space
space
New Lost Children of Babylon Interview
 8 years ago '04        #17
space
space
speaking of Lost Children of Babylon, Richard Raw got a new track called 2morrow and i guess he got a new album droppin in Sept
 8 years ago '04        #18
space
space
Pumpkinhead - Thats that s**t video

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #19
space
space
La Coka Nostra's Slaine and Ill Bill stop by Tony Touch's show for an interview and a lil freestyle session this s**ts pretty nice got the video and the audio for ya,
 08-08-2009, 02:54 PM         #20
DaMassacre 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VegaTheChosen said:

[pic - click to view]

Well since they merged my section with this I figure it's only appropriate to have a large discussion thread of Underground s**t so I guess I'll set it off,
Anyone check out that new Poison Pen album ? its pretty nice real dope track on there featuring Immortal Technique,
XL is sick, idk if I heard this or not...like I said he's pretty sick, gotta check for this...

Dead Prez released their worst album ever! Don't check for that s**t, I thought stic.man made beats...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
joie chavis
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
61 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
194 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
10 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy