My 360 wont play games it just says open tray!

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
43 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
7 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
78 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 01-09-2010, 10:30 AM         #1
8637 pageviews
21 comments

J iNKReDiBLe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My 360 wont play games it just says open tray!

So I was playin it turned it off and like 30 mins later when I turned it back on it said open tray instead of play
Game ... anybody know what I can do to fix it?

21 comments for "My 360 wont play games it just says open tray!"

8 years ago '04        #2
nobody 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,272 | Props total: 1039 1039
Sound like the dvd-rom died, common problem on the 360.
 8 years ago '04        #3
TNWTMP 
space
space
$1,649 | Props total: 13 13
Keep f**king with it, my old 360 had the same problem. It will work sooner or later.
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '04        #4
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
DVD rom is going out. sometimes if u eject and close over and over you can get it to work, but best thing to do is call microsoft. or if they wont give u free repair, towel trick then call em.
 8 years ago '04        #5
King Kusanagi 36 heat pts36
space
space
$8,942 | Props total: 3142 3142
 e G o Maniac said:
DVD rom is going out. sometimes if u eject and close over and over you can get it to work, but best thing to do is call microsoft. or if they wont give u free repair, towel trick then call em.
Or buy another lens or clean the DVD motor (the thing that spins the disc).
 8 years ago '04        #6
space
space
 1blood said:
wouldn't have happen on ps3 theirs no tray to open
quit being a f**kin fanboy, yall act like a cult or something. PS3 still stop reading discs, funny how you didnt mention that.
 8 years ago '05        #7
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,088 | Props total: 10775 10775
PS3 fanboys give PS3 owners a horrible rep.

Anyway, sounds like your DVD drive died, get someone to fix it or do it yourself.
 8 years ago '05        #8
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,535 | Props total: 134 134
f**king ps3 fanboys always in this section talkin s**t.
if ur s**t is so amazing go f**king play the thing, dont come in the 360 lounge
 8 years ago '05        #9
TheInevitable24 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,464 | Props total: 0 0
when you close it and it says reading before it goes to just saying open tray, while reading, click the eject button and as soon as the tray starts click it again, this was a trick i had on one of the numerous 360s ive been through that had this problem, this was a fix i found for it but i hate to say it your 3s**tty is gonna die.
 01-15-2010, 08:51 PM         #10
J iNKReDiBLe  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheInevitable24 said:
when you close it and it says reading before it goes to just saying open tray, while reading, click the eject button and as soon as the tray starts click it again, this was a trick i had on one of the numerous 360s ive been through that had this problem, this was a fix i found for it but i hate to say it your 3s**tty is gonna die.
DUDE! It fkn worked preciate that s**t
 8 years ago '05        #11
space
space
your welcome man, yeah i had so many diff. 360s since launch i learned s**t like that just by f**king around trying to get my game to work
 8 years ago '04        #12
space
space
 TheInevitable24 said:
what are the f**king odds huh?
 01-16-2010, 11:19 AM         #13
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
without modding the drive I dont think you can just replace it either. you may want to check on the warranty situation and see if it is something M$ will cover for free if not its time to force a RROD or E74 error so you can get it fixed for free.
 8 years ago '04        #14
cnice347 
space
space
space
$334 | Props total: 0 0
Try removing the Disc when not playing games. (IE After you finish playing a game...Instead of just shutting down the console or going to the Dashboard, remove the game which takes you back to the dashboard anyway.) I had this issue a while back. Since the drive never failed during a game and only happened during the initial attempt to read, I didn't think it could be ONLY an issue with the drive. The symptoms lead to more of a system error. The disc read problem also affected system functions such as system start up, application startup, and transitioning from an application (or game) back to the Dashboard. All of these were taking unusual amounts of time. The system attempts to read the disc in the tray during all these functions. So the disc read happens often, and it failed often. So I stopped leaving the disc in the tray in order to get normal operation on all actions other than actually playing a game. Doing so seems to have helped with playing games as well. I have not had a disc read failure in some time now. Maybe easing the load helped. Not sure this will help your situation, but it's worth a shot.
 8 years ago '06        #15
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
I've had this a few times before, the "try opening and closing a few times" trick only works for a little while before you end up literally sitting there for 20 min doing so.

M$ will charge you around $125 for the fix and you will end up getting a different console just like if the RRoD happened. I suggest doing the towel trick & give your self the RR to avoid payment.
 7 years ago '05        #16
space
space
 TheInevitable24 said:
 J iNKReDiBLe said:
DUDE! It fkn worked preciate that s**t
go buy a ps3 slim. your only gonna run into another error/problem with your 3s**tty.
 06-26-2010, 01:37 PM         #17
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheInevitable24 said:
go buy a ps3 slim. your only gonna run into another error/problem with your 3s**tty.
good job diggin up 4 month old crap just to s**t on the 360, I fukin hate M$ and I wouldnt do that s**t
 7 years ago '05        #18
P DRILLA 103 heat pts103
space
space
$10,682 | Props total: 6493 6493
your laser may be off track and unable to read your games. if you don't care about voiding your warranty, open your console (many tutorials on line) and gently slide your laser back into place. then VERY gently turn the left gold screws on the back of your laser...if you google "open tray error fix" you should be able to find detailed tutorials...i got this error a while ago, tried the above method, system has been fine ever since
 7 years ago '04        #19
yaobabydaddy 
space
space
$4,549 | Props total: 596 596
open tray close tray open tray close tray until it reads.it'lll do it eventually
 7 years ago '04        #20
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,773 | Props total: 251 251
just back up your game data, trade your 360 in towards a slim
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
128 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
166 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
112 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
165 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy