Windows 7 Problem (Windows Media Player freezes)

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
29 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
77 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
419 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #1
8568 pageviews
12 comments

Kazel 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,433 | Props total: 452 452
Windows 7 Problem (Windows Media Player freezes)

Well, I just got this computer yesterday when my other one died, and already having issues with it. Whenever I open WMP, nothing happens. It won't load all the way, it won't minimize, move, or close, I have to end process in task manager. I tried a reboot, and nothing. Any help? Also, I am having a lot of trouble when I install programs, like nero or photoshop, random errors during installation. As far as I can tell, Nero works fine, but photoshop won't load, but maybe its just a bad download. Anyway, back to the WMP issueimage

12 comments for "Windows 7 Problem (Windows Media Player freezes)"

8 years ago '04        #2
OpeeFaSho 
space
space
$1,069 | Props total: 2 2
Viruses, Spyware, or malware could be causing these problems. Download Windows Essential (if you have a legit copy) or download AVG for free to fix these problems.
 8 years ago '04        #3
Kazel 1 heat pts OP
space
space
A second problem has come up. This computer was preinstalled with Norton Internet Security 2009, but its only the trial. I can't get it to uninstall, and I downloaded the Norton Removal Tool, but it won't load either. I tried to download Avira, and it won't update at all. I got it installed, but while its trying to update/scan, it just sits there. its been 17 minutes and still nothing. And I can't get my Yahoo messenger to sign in at all either. I am already tired of Windows 7 and I've only had it one f**king day
 8 years ago '04        #4
OpeeFaSho 
space
space
Haha man there's nothing wrong with Windows 7. I'm running the 64bit version and you can't force me to switch back to XP. Goto Google.com and type in ComboFix (make sure it's from bleepingcomputer.com) Run the program, when a dialog box popups up about System Recovery Console just hit No, and let the program fix your problems. It will reboot once or twice during the process.
 8 years ago '04        #5
Kazel 1 heat pts OP
space
space
I am liking Windows 7, just these few bugs I gotta get fixed I guess. Its a legit version, came with the PC. Gonna try the two suggestions you made
 8 years ago '04        #6
Kazel 1 heat pts OP
space
space
When I tried installing Windows Essentials, it said an error has prevented it from installing. It suggested restarting and trying again, so thats what I am about to do. Restarted and tried again, but nothing. It won't install, it keeps saying an error prevented it from installing

EDIT: Now ComboFix says its not compatible with the OS. Sigh...

Last edited by Kazel; 01-08-2010 at 01:05 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #7
OpeeFaSho 
space
space
Hmmm. Right click on the ComboFix and select Properties. Hit the Compatibility Tab, check the box that says Run this program in compatibility mode for. The box underneath it should appear and select Windows XP, hit apply and run it again.
 8 years ago '04        #8
Kazel 1 heat pts OP
space
space
That didn't help either. Do u think a system restore would help? I think the problems started when I installed Nero 9, so if I restore it before that will that fix it, you think?
 8 years ago '04        #9
OpeeFaSho 
space
space
Maybe, maybe not. If it's a virus/rootkit your dealing with, then a system restore won't help.

Did the ComboFix say incompatible when you switched it over to Windows XP?
 8 years ago '04        #10
Kazel 1 heat pts OP
space
space
No, ComboFix didn't work when I changed it. I completed System Restore, and everything seems to be working now. I haven't tried ComboFix though, and Microsoft Essentials still won't install. I tried the 32 bit version and it won't work since I have a 64 bit processor
 8 years ago '04        #11
OpeeFaSho 
space
space
Rename ComboFix to Blah... That malware may be blocking out that name, so it won't let you load it.
 8 years ago '04        #12
Kazel 1 heat pts OP
space
space
I think I got it all worked out now. I just updated windows through windows update, and rebooted, also removed norton with the norton removal tool (it shouldn't be that hard to uninstall a program, lol). Now Essentials works and my computer is running like a brand new PC should
Home         

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kojima explains death stranding gameplay and lore
21 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
155 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy