Gilbert Arenas is suspended indefinitely without pay

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
39 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
45 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #81
Rubix 
space
space
$8,493 | Props total: 825 825
 Bkjj11 said:
All ya keep sayin gun to work. s**t is stupid. Do military officers become wrong for bringing their gun to work? How about a banker? Or a drug seller?

Last time I checked, you can bare arms, and for DC to pass an unconstitutional law is stupid, and if gilbert was very smart, he'll f!ght any charge the D.A. gives him for limiting where he could bare arms.
are you f**ken stupid? nba contracts strictly state that you can't bring guns into any arenas so what he did was a violation of his contract and the nba can take whatever measure they want with him. and lmao @ comparing a military officer to a basketball player...are you f**ken serious?
 8 years ago '05        #82
kkkid 177 heat pts177
space
space
$3,711 | Props total: 749 749
 Bkjj11 said:
Exactly, if G was a real tough person, he'd take this to the supreme ct. But that's whatever.

And I know many offices where employees have a lil handgun there.
wouldnt be suprised if he does this & f!ghts for loss of wages . Could potentially get paid in full for playing less than half the season again.
 8 years ago '08        #83
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,928 | Props total: 7321 7321
 StatisticZ said:
It's pretty ridiculous. Cuz in Virginia a stones throw away, you can open carry firearms without a permit if they aren't concealed. You venture off the wrong way accidentally and get stopped you're looking at felonies.
But if you drive over 50 in VA ur getting a ticket. backward a.ss society.
 01-06-2010, 07:23 PM         #84
kingz21 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn so first his wife was cheating on him with a major nba superstar in Shaq, Now hes getting suspended without pay and may be released from his contract. Damn that sucks
 8 years ago '04        #85
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,074 | Props total: 4421 4421
yes the c*ntry should have one unified set of laws when it comes to weapons but we dont so if your going to carry a weapon it should behove you to know the laws i personally dont think any1 should be allowed but thats a different subject but arenas obviously isnt even responsible enough to legally own a weapon
 8 years ago '07        #86
omglolwtfbbq 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,241 | Props total: 0 0
 xyz11scorp21xyz said:
so the only thing you can argue he did wrong is actually playing the joke and then making light of the situation, and that's worth an indefinite suspension?
When that joke is having guns, even unloaded, in the locker room... and making light of it is being an idiot on twitter, in interviews, and in pre-game (lmao @ that picture, wtf was he thinking)..

Then yea, he will probably lose his season, and that would be it if he's lucky. If unlucky, then lose that inflated contract and have to resign again for half that amount.

Can't hurt anyone with an unloaded gun and he nonthreatening with it, but cmon... he's still an NBA player bringing a f**king gun(s) into the locker room.

Maybe the league is just finding a loophole and an excuse to suspend him for being a complete moron?
 8 years ago '08        #87
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,750 | Props total: 12180 12180
 Apostrophe said:
Are you f**kin serious? He pulled a gun on a coworker. You know what would happen to me or you if we did that where we work? f**k losing the job we'd be headed up state. Some of you dudes on bx are like allergic to reality.
Exactly...1 he crossed state lines with 4 of them muthaf**kas 2. You can't be bringing heat to your job mayne...if me and my partna at the JO got into it and I brought my glock to work and told him shoot me its a wrap....I'd be fired on the spot then Officer Ricky coming to see me...I can tell some of yall don't have CCW's or don't on guns cuz if you did u would know the law...Gilbert got a CCW I'm 100 positive he knows gun laws, when I moved from Detroit to Charlotte I had to take another CCW class and register my s**t all over again.

Andre3stacks said:
No he didnt' he left a note by some guns telling him to shoot him if he has the balls. he didn't wave a gun at a coworker.
Clueless, so that make it alright...I'm promise if u was in front of a judge saying that s**t u gon first hear crickets cuz of how quiet the courtroom is then a stern talking to about how stupid it was then your fate...facing 20 years even with no priors u prolly looking at 3 and a half....Gilbert might get off but even he prolly gon have to sit down for 16 months and that's being extremely lenient.

xyz11scorp21xyz said:
either i'm way way way out of the normal on this or i'm the only one with any balls to say anything

but i truly honestly believe that gilbert did not do anything seriously wrong, and he doesn't need to give an apology, he is just being made an example out of, people are taking everything so damn serious these days, gilbert brings unloaded guns to his locker room and gets suspended indefinitely, but stephen jackson shoots a gun and gets suspended 7 games? and if anybody got offended by that photo or thought it was wrong doesn't have a sense of humor at all, he's making light of a situation that shouldn't be so serious, it's not like he k!lled someone and then he's going around gun posing
Some other dude above said what can you do with an unloaded gun...Still Rob somebody or some place still scare the living s**t outta people.
 8 years ago '05        #88
kkkid 177 heat pts177
space
space
$3,711 | Props total: 749 749
Gilbert Arenas addresses indefinite suspension from NBA

By Official release
Posted Jan 6 2010 6:57PM

"I feel very badly that my actions have caused the NBA to suspend me, but I understand why the league took this action. I put the NBA in a negative light and let down my teammates and our fans. I am very sorry for doing that.

While I never intended any harm or disrespect to the NBA or anyone else, my gun possession at the Verizon Center and my attempts at humor showed terrible judgment. I take full responsibility for my conduct.

Earlier today, I called Commissioner Stern to apologize, and I hope we will be able to talk soon. I look forward to the day I can return to basketball. In the meantime, I will focus on dealing responsibly with this serious situation and I will continue to cooperate fully with the investigations by law enforcement and NBA authorities."
 8 years ago '07        #89
Bkjj11 3548 heat pts3548 OP
space
space
$92,406 | Props total: 69927 69927
 kingz21 said:
damn so first his wife was cheating on him with a major nba superstar in Shaq, Now hes getting suspended without pay and may be released from his contract. Damn that sucks
The shaq story isn't true, for the third time lol.
 8 years ago '04        #90
Sabotage 9 heat pts
space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 35 35
 Bkjj11 said:
All ya keep sayin gun to work. s**t is stupid. Do military officers become wrong for bringing their gun to work? How about a banker? Or a drug seller?

Last time I checked, you can bare arms, and for DC to pass an unconstitutional law is stupid, and if gilbert was very smart, he'll f!ght any charge the D.A. gives him for limiting where he could bare arms.
youre really that dumb. i was hoping you werent, but sure enough you are.
 8 years ago '09        #91
MS KRISSI lpe33 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$12,015 | Props total: 7801 7801
Well it wasn't too bright to do that so

These athletes/celebrities get in more trouble than regular people

Money really changes nothing I guess
 8 years ago '09        #92
Vincent_Chase 27 heat pts27
space
space
$10,822 | Props total: 721 721
shoulda never gave u n*ggas money!
 8 years ago '05        #93
ChickzNKickz 100 heat pts100
space
space
$10,984 | Props total: 10681 10681
 Ms.KrizyT said:
These athletes/celebrities get in more trouble than regular people
They are "regular people".....

The media and other people are obsessed with their every move and act as if they aren't "regular"...
 8 years ago '05        #94
carden2 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,554 | Props total: 1156 1156
 ChickzNKickz said:
They are "regular people".....

The media and other people are obsessed with their every move and act as if they aren't "regular"...
yah that is true but when your in the limelight and a role model to kids you gotta be on your best behavior so i can see why there's an obsession there.
 8 years ago '07        #95
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
From last night's game in Philly...(I'm sure he's learned from this and the apology was sincere, this ain't know joke............Riiiiiiiight)

[pic - click to view]

He's lost it...and its over for him as a nba player...he's gonna do time....unless his lawyers are real good...I've been known to bash him but I kinda feel sorry for him now...well not really him but his kids...this n*gga is a knucklehead....perfect example of from hero to zero....from losing to cavs in the first rd to making license plates
 8 years ago '05        #96
rellish 
space
space
$2,077 | Props total: 1156 1156
Void this overpaid a.ss n*ggaz contract, fast!!!

1. He aint did s**t
2. He aint prove s**t
3. Was never at any point worth that much
4. He's trash
5. He's foolish
6. He rubbin it in the face of the league
7. He probably better off as a permanent internet blogger from what I hear

I aint hatin, just statin the obvious...

8 years ago '09        #97
TYO 
space
space
$5,197 | Props total: 148 148
Damn gil...you f**ked up. Hopefully for the wiz sake they may be able to void his contract.
 8 years ago '04        #98
Calamity 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,020 | Props total: 1829 1829
this n*gga need to pay the ultamite price for the simple fact that aalllllll these celebs b4 him got f**ked up behind totin guns.. playin with guns... just dealin with guns period.. and you gonna PLAY with guns???? cmon son... you gotta be out your f**kin mind... look what playin with guns did for jayson williams man... gotdayum arenas.. this s**t is disgusting...
 8 years ago '04        #99
deziking 81 heat pts81
space
space
$19,551 | Props total: 5180 5180
some of these athelets are dumb as hell. First this one n*gga shoots him self in the leg and gots to jail....His bum a.ss is done. Second this n*gga shows up to work with a gun and last but not lieast this n*gga jerry rice falls off back of the truck and dies?!? what kind of dumb s**t is this??!?...... CMON MAN. Stop getting retardedddd.

Last edited by deziking; 01-06-2010 at 11:59 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #100
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,612 | Props total: 3237 3237
Not gonna make a new thread about this but...

It just got a lot more serious...

Now that Gilbert Arenas(notes) has been suspended indefinitely for bringing guns into the locker room, the rest of the Washington Wizards should all be in the clear and settling in to work together with their leading scorer, right? Well, no. If a new report from the Washington Post is to be believed, injured guard Javaris Crittenton(notes) may be looking at a suspension as well.

The pair had a disagreement over a card game on a flight back from Phoenix on Dec. 19. Arenas supposedly told Crittenton that he wasn't going to pay up on a debt and Crittenton reportedly said he was going to shoot Arenas in the knee if he didn't get the dinero.

Two days later, in the locker room, Arenas supposedly left his four unloaded guns in the locker of Crittenton with a sign that read, "Pick one," a supposed attempt at humor. Crittenton didn't like the act too much and supposedly pulled out his own gun, loaded it, and chambered a round.

Things cooled down and Arenas supposedly told Crittenton that he would take full blame for everything but when the police got involved and it wasn't just a meeting with David Stern they were talking about, Arenas supposedly spilled the beans to the cops.

Crittenton, of course, is saying the source's info is false. And his gun was never found. But it's looking like this investigation ain't over, folks.

-

Here's the Washington Post article:
Home      

most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago