Ending to Law Abiding Citizen (SPOLIER)

most viewed right now
 106
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 95
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
33 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 94
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 92
vida guerra
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 01-06-2010, 04:08 PM         #21
tipt420 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kon Vert said:
Well, we do know he was working alone, hence the reason he was tunneling in/out of the prison.

I don't understand how the ending leaves ANY room for a sequel?

Jamie isn't a murderer/mastermind, he's a lawyer

Just my thought, though
Why do we "know" he was working alone just because he was tunneling? He's gotta tunnel or else he isnt doin anything but sitting and hopin his accomplice pulls everything off. Not that far of a stretch to say two people were helping. And remember when the other spook was telling Jamie about Clyde's past and some other guy walks by and turns to look back at them?
And sure Jamie is a lawyer, but he "outsmarted" the mastermind, so he's obviously a pretty bright dude, and he did k!ll Clyde, so whats wrong with calling him a mastermind and a murderer? Sure mastermind is a stretch, but takes one to beat one. And while in interrogation, Jamie nearly threatened Clyde sayin something like "If you even think about touching my family..." suggesting he has the same kinda rage as Clyde.
 01-06-2010, 04:10 PM         #22
tipt420 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Daville502 said:
And someone said he was setting Jamie up to be the next k!ller but I dont see how. He wanted to teach Jamie's character that you dont bargin with murders under any conditions. Guilty is guilty and he finally realized that.
Turning a lawyer who bargains with k!llers on a daily basis into somebody who k!lls them instead could still be his plan.
 01-06-2010, 06:20 PM         #23
Atlanta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kon Vert said:
Well, we do know he was working alone, hence the reason he was tunneling in/out of the prison.

I don't understand how the ending leaves ANY room for a sequel?

Jamie isn't a murderer/mastermind, he's a lawyer

Just my thought, though
he wasn't setting him up 2 be another k!ller

he was setting him up 2 be the highest person in the city's government and run it with his ideals

hence k!lling the highest judge, all those that could replace her, the people that worked on the case, and the mayor with the rest of the local administration
 01-06-2010, 07:08 PM         #24
tipt420 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ya but "the highest person" getting away with murder is still a major plot hole then..
 8 years ago '09        #25
DrizzyJT 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$6,912 | Props total: 66 66
Please tell me how the got the napalm from that place into clydes cell so fast
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '05        #26
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
good movie until the end... cylde should have lived.
 01-07-2010, 05:52 AM         #27
Kon Vert 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tipt420 said:
Why do we "know" he was working alone just because he was tunneling? He's gotta tunnel or else he isnt doin anything but sitting and hopin his accomplice pulls everything off. Not that far of a stretch to say two people were helping. And remember when the other spook was telling Jamie about Clyde's past and some other guy walks by and turns to look back at them?
And sure Jamie is a lawyer, but he "outsmarted" the mastermind, so he's obviously a pretty bright dude, and he did k!ll Clyde, so whats wrong with calling him a mastermind and a murderer? Sure mastermind is a stretch, but takes one to beat one. And while in interrogation, Jamie nearly threatened Clyde sayin something like "If you even think about touching my family..." suggesting he has the same kinda rage as Clyde.

Well, he didn't have an accomplice, if he did then this would take a considerable shine off of the main character and the work he put into his 'revenge' mission. This was a sub-plot that wasn't followed up that greatly on in the film, so I'd dismiss it

No, Jamie didn't k!ll Clyde. He didn't make the call. If anything, he tried to stop him. When Clyde realised what had happened it was already too late. At best he was an accomplice, but he told him if he makes the call he has to live with that decision, Clyde made the call, ultimately k!lling himself

The acquired rage to murder people in the way Clyde did as apposed to the rage one feels when he believes his family are in danger are two very different things.

No chance for a sequel at all, I just don't see where they'd go with it? If the accomplice storyline was followed up, and they were left thinking: 's**t, there's another maniac out there for us to look out for', then yes, there could be. But it didn't end like that. It ended how Hollywood films end (the majority)
 8 years ago '07        #28
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
avatar space
space
$27,608 | Props total: 918 918
people said that the main characters were too hard to sympathize with.


not so for me.


young black professional down to do whatever to get ahead/win :thumbsup:

husband whose family was k!lled ruthlessly torturing their k!ller :thumbsup:


but I'm a d*ck like that
 8 years ago '07        #29
Daville502 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,785 | Props total: 1313 1313
 tipt420 said:
Turning a lawyer who bargains with k!llers on a daily basis into somebody who k!lls them instead could still be his plan.
Not bargining doesnt mean he's going to start k!lling. There is no indication of that. As a prosecutor it would mean he doesnt cut deals and hes going for the max sentences and not letting criminals off easy.
 01-07-2010, 05:03 PM         #30
tipt420 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kon Vert said:
Well, he didn't have an accomplice, if he did then this would take a considerable shine off of the main character and the work he put into his 'revenge' mission. This was a sub-plot that wasn't followed up that greatly on in the film, so I'd dismiss it

No, Jamie didn't k!ll Clyde. He didn't make the call. If anything, he tried to stop him. When Clyde realised what had happened it was already too late. At best he was an accomplice, but he told him if he makes the call he has to live with that decision, Clyde made the call, ultimately k!lling himself

The acquired rage to murder people in the way Clyde did as apposed to the rage one feels when he believes his family are in danger are two very different things.

No chance for a sequel at all, I just don't see where they'd go with it? If the accomplice storyline was followed up, and they were left thinking: 's**t, there's another maniac out there for us to look out for', then yes, there could be. But it didn't end like that. It ended how Hollywood films end (the majority)
I'm only mentioning the sequel because thats where Hollywood loves to go. And dude, if I put a bomb under your bed that you were gonna use to k!ll other people, and you end up k!lling yourself instead, me moving that bomb still makes me a murderer, man-2 at LEAST. And I agree about the difference in rage, but imagine the rage when your family is STILL alive, what Jamie would go through to make sure they stay alive. Maybe Clyde could have set up some s**t like Jigsaw haha and Jamie has no choice.
All I was gettin at is that you never know when it comes to Hollywood, even if there werent accomplices, it was still hinted at in a very "oh, part 2" kinda way.

 Daville502 said:
Not bargining doesnt mean he's going to start k!lling. There is no indication of that. As a prosecutor it would mean he doesnt cut deals and hes going for the max sentences and not letting criminals off easy.
Ya I know, I didnt say he was going to start k!lling, but that he already has, and that could have been Clyde's plan, he HAD to have known his death would be by Jamie's hands. And technically going for the max every time means less prosecutions because he wont be letting people rat on eachother. What I meant was they left enough room to show that Jamie wouldnt let anybody f**k with his family, and he was willing to k!ll.
 01-07-2010, 06:07 PM         #31
Kon Vert 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I just don't see where Part 2 was hinted at, at all?

Sure, he moved the bomb under his bed, but he isn't a murderer. I've studied Law, that doest not make him a murderer. If he makes the call then yes, but he asked him not to

Whatever you took from the movie is cool, everything is open to interpretation man
 01-07-2010, 09:31 PM         #32
tipt420 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I know, I'm not trying to argue at all, I just like a good debate.
I've studied law too, criminal and business. Think of it this way, if I poisoned some weed and sold it, then you got it back and put it in my everyday-pipe and when I was about to smoke it thinkin it was regular chronic you asked me not to, you're still committing murder, possibly even in the first degree now that I think of it. Its premeditated. Thats why people who set up bear traps get in trouble and not the people who step in them. At the VERY least its gross negligence.
I know thats a bad analogy but it IS the same. He moved the napalm under his bed, he knew he'd make that call, it was all reverse psychology telling/asking him not to call. With Jamie in his cell, Clyde had to have known he found the bomb, and like I said before he knew he'd wind up being k!lled by Jamie's hand.
As far as sequel, I know its a stretch, but thats Hollywood's middle name.
 01-08-2010, 04:43 AM         #33
Kon Vert 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I just don't think he's a murderer. Clyde, sure, he's a murderer. He had nothing to lose. Nowhere to go. He had motive, he had the means, he had the intelligence. I think you're right, Jamie knew he'd make the call. But what was he meant to do? I don't think he really had any choice other than putting the bomb under Clyde's bed: you live by the sword...

I can't see there being a sequel. If the film had gone way beyond estimated box office revenue AND the story left it on a cliffhanger, say if Clyde had escaped before the bomb went off, then yes, there could be a sequel. As it is, the story was resolved and Hollywood went for the, well, Hollywood ending

Perhaps if Clyde has realised what Jamie had done, gone along with it, pretended to dial the number and let Jamie go, then proceeded to escape and called the number when he was out of harm, then he could have made everyone believe he'd died. Perhaps a final shot of an angry Clyde disappearing into the shadows would have been a sufficient cliffhanger to open up for a sequel with Clyde going after Jamie's family.

I've spent way too much time in this thread man, lol. It's all good debate though
 01-08-2010, 01:39 PM         #34
Johnny Blaze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
can I just ask...



Jamie finds the bomb...and his solution...is tooo.....(pause)......(smh) put it in Clyde's cell, and blow up the prison?

and then its all smooth sailing, rainbows and sunshine, and he can go watch his daughters play in peace after he transported a bomb into a federal penitentary and allowed it to be detonated, clearly causing massive destruction to the facility.


wtf?





other than the ending tho...dope movie lol.


Last edited by Johnny Blaze; 01-08-2010 at 01:40 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #35
LilBlasta 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,663 | Props total: 5 5
Loved the movie, till the ending. The ending gave me the feeling that true justice wasn't served, I was hoping he would blow them up and couldn't be outsmarted.
 01-08-2010, 05:03 PM         #36
tipt420 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kon Vert said:
I just don't think he's a murderer. Clyde, sure, he's a murderer. He had nothing to lose. Nowhere to go. He had motive, he had the means, he had the intelligence. I think you're right, Jamie knew he'd make the call. But what was he meant to do? I don't think he really had any choice other than putting the bomb under Clyde's bed: you live by the sword...

I can't see there being a sequel. If the film had gone way beyond estimated box office revenue AND the story left it on a cliffhanger, say if Clyde had escaped before the bomb went off, then yes, there could be a sequel. As it is, the story was resolved and Hollywood went for the, well, Hollywood ending

Perhaps if Clyde has realised what Jamie had done, gone along with it, pretended to dial the number and let Jamie go, then proceeded to escape and called the number when he was out of harm, then he could have made everyone believe he'd died. Perhaps a final shot of an angry Clyde disappearing into the shadows would have been a sufficient cliffhanger to open up for a sequel with Clyde going after Jamie's family.

I've spent way too much time in this thread man, lol. It's all good debate though
True, you're right, I just looked and didnt realize the movie did so poorly ratings-wise and at the box office, especially with everyone loving it (sans ending). You never know though, its like dude says a few posts up, why does Jamie get away with blowing up a federal facility? Plot hole I guess. But ya this has gone too far haha, didnt mean to take up your time from other threads ;) just playin
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 46
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
100 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 37
Steph Kegels
127 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 30
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 24
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
85 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 22
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 20
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
178 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy