LOST: The Final Season Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #1961
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,456 | Props total: 7101 7101
 Eddie.. said:
And I still wanna know why Ben was able to k!ll jacob

-in the 1800's, MiB tells richard to stab Jacob before he speaks in order to k!ll him.

-Jacob proceeds to lay the bats to Richard.

-in present time, Dugen or whatever the jap master's name is tells Sayid that in order to k!ll the MiB, you must stab him right in the chest before he speaks.

-MiB speaks and the Desmond stabs him, nothing happens

-MiB gives Ben no type of explanation on how to k!ll Jacob, Ben stabs Jacob and k!lls him.

and also, when dugen was k!lled the translator guy yells at Sayid and says 'he was the only thing left keeping the smoke monster out' or something like that, but how so?

Was the ash not enuff?
Jacob beat up Richard. He snuck him. When Ben stabbed him they were squared up.

Dugen sent Sayid out there not to k!ll MIB, but to die. He set him up. MIB cannot be k!lled, it cant be done.

Ben merked Jacob because Jacob is just a human that does not age, exactly like Richard, just more knowledgeable.

Dugens character was never fully explained and probably wont be, another flaw in the writing that is really disappointing me at this point.
 8 years ago '05        #1962
space
space
 Eddie.. said:
Richard couldn't see Jacob, Richard isn't a candidate

Sawyer could see Jacob, Sawyer is a candidate

Desmond could see Jacob, Desmond isn't a candidate
And your point is?
 8 years ago '05        #1963
space
space
 AbsLikeJesus said:
Jacob/MIB's father was clearly the water monster. Kind of obvious when you think that she was lost in the ocean and then came to the island pregnant.

Water monster (father) + Fire monster (mother) = smoke monster child (MIB)

Damon and Carlton are geniuses
What in the f**k are you talking about? Your the second person that called his mother a "fire monster." Where in the f**k did you come up with that idea? Is this some kind of elaborate inside joke between the two of you? That s**t makes no sense whatsoever.
 8 years ago '05        #1964
space
space
 Eddie.. said:
lol YOU KNOW WHAT A MEAN YO

but on a side note, I think their foster mother was a fire monster instead of a smoke monster.
Again what in the f**k are you talking about with this fire monster s**t?
 05-12-2010, 01:59 PM         #1965
AbsLikeJesus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol it was a joke. Would be some stupid pokemon s**t if that were the case. Smoke monster is dumb enough
 8 years ago '05        #1966
R4P 11 heat pts11
space
space
$7,012 | Props total: 232 232
 RamazedAGAIN said:
[B][I][COLOR="Red"]Erm. No. The MIB IS Smokey. He got thrown down into the light thing and it k!lled him, but now he can take the form of any dead body on the island (including his own) and the smoke monster, as well as other animals (he was the spiders that paralyzed Nikki).
not this dumb s**t again..... gtfo
 8 years ago '07        #1967
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418 OP
space
space
$18,667 | Props total: 4417 4417
I admit, this episode seemed cheesy out of context, but combine it with the knowledge that we already have about these special pockets on the Island, and the answer to the Island's secrets are spread across the series like so many puzzle pieces.

These powerful pockets of electromagnetism combined with forces beyond our understanding.
 05-12-2010, 02:06 PM         #1968
AbsLikeJesus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jay964 said:
okay i was pretty stoned while i watched that s**t but
jacob and MIB are just regular humans? well were?
the chic that raised them and the island turned them into whatever the f**k they are now?
Yeah pretty much. We don't know s**t about the mom but she was the first Jacob, pretty much. She made Jacob ageless and the new ruler of the island. She also made them not able to hurt each other.

Something to note is that they weren't able to leave the island as kids. MIB still can't (Before and after the smoke incident) but Jacob NOW can (Obviously since he touched all the losties- and I still want to know how he knew all about them and why they are special and all that-WHY THEM?)

She was also always saying MIB was special...over and over again. Wonder how though...
 8 years ago '07        #1969
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418 OP
space
space
$18,667 | Props total: 4417 4417
We are talking 53 AD when this happened since they were born in 23 AD, which the Bible would say Jesus hadn't even started his ministry yet.

The light could be an evil spirit or demon that was trapped on the island. We are talking Biblical timeframe for last nights episode.
 8 years ago '05        #1970
space
space
Oh and I still think that Smokey is just taking the form of MIB. MIB is dead. Smokey was TRAPPED in there because he had no body to take the form of. When Jacob foolishly sent his brother in there, smokey finally after years (probably thousands of years) had a body to take the form of, and it was released from the cave. The Egyptians probably trapped it down there somehow millenia ago.
 8 years ago '05        #1971
space
space
 AbsLikeJesus said:
Yeah pretty much. We don't know s**t about the mom but she was the first Jacob, pretty much. She made Jacob ageless and the new ruler of the island. She also made them not able to hurt each other.

Something to note is that they weren't able to leave the island as kids. MIB still can't (Before and after the smoke incident) but Jacob NOW can (Obviously since he touched all the losties- and I still want to know how he knew all about them and why they are special and all that-WHY THEM?)

She was also always saying MIB was special...over and over again. Wonder how though...
I disagree that the mother was the "FIRST" Jacob. Those powers have probably been passed down for millenia, over and over again, to keep the demon that was trapped in that cave stuck in there. Jacob while being seen as the great thinker of the show, was actually the one that f**ked up after thousands of years. He is the one who unknowingly released the smoke monster.
 8 years ago '05        #1972
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,535 | Props total: 134 134
okay i watched it again sober
was okay but f**k how the hell did the woman get there
i wanna know the complete origins
and that s**t with the light was ridiculously weak
thats it? thats their f**king explanation
the series finale better blow my f**king mind
 8 years ago '05        #1973
space
space
 jay964 said:
okay i watched it again sober
was okay but f**k how the hell did the woman get there
i wanna know the complete origins
and that s**t with the light was ridiculously weak
thats it? thats their f**king explanation
the series finale better blow my f**king mind
Yeah i'm about to give it a sober-rewatch as well.
 8 years ago '07        #1974
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,086 | Props total: 1525 1525
 Reppindaburghh said:
Jacob beat up Richard. He snuck him. When Ben stabbed him they were squared up.

Dugen sent Sayid out there not to k!ll MIB, but to die. He set him up. MIB cannot be k!lled, it cant be done.

Ben merked Jacob because Jacob is just a human that does not age, exactly like Richard, just more knowledgeable.

Dugens character was never fully explained and probably wont be, another flaw in the writing that is really disappointing me at this point.
this doesn't do it for me.

I think mainly because Dugen and MiB gave the exct same directions on how to k!ll each person.

plus how do you know MiB can't be k!lled?
 8 years ago '07        #1975
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
And your point is?
my point is, why can Desmond and Sawyer see Jacob?
 8 years ago '07        #1976
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
What in the f**k are you talking about? Your the second person that called his mother a "fire monster." Where in the f**k did you come up with that idea? Is this some kind of elaborate inside joke between the two of you? That s**t makes no sense whatsoever.
actually I was the first person,

but yo she is some sort of monster, how did she do all that stuff if she isn't?
 8 years ago '06        #1977
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,511 | Props total: 258 258
 Reppindaburghh said:
Oh and I still think that Smokey is just taking the form of MIB. MIB is dead. Smokey was TRAPPED in there because he had no body to take the form of. When Jacob foolishly sent his brother in there, smokey finally after years (probably thousands of years) had a body to take the form of, and it was released from the cave. The Egyptians probably trapped it down there somehow millenia ago.
You have a good point, but I don't know if I fully believe that. I think it's still MIB, but his soul is apart of the smoke monster, or is the smoke monster. Because if you think about it, he's still wanting off the island, just like he did before he died. He found a loophole to k!ll his brother, Jacob, because if it wasn't MIB, I'd believe he could just walk up and k!ll Jacob.

And he's still having conversations with Jacob after he died, like they've known each other for years. If it wasn't MIB, and something else, it wouldn't make much sense that they still have a bond.

Also, what I am confused about, is how come Jacob knows MIB died, and his body is laying in the cave, why isn't he confused/scared/shocked/etc. to see his brother's body up and walking around? I don't remember seeing anything that dealt with that.
 8 years ago '05        #1978
space
space
 -Phase One- said:
You have a good point, but I don't know if I fully believe that. I think it's still MIB, but his soul is apart of the smoke monster, or is the smoke monster. Because if you think about it, he's still wanting off the island, just like he did before he died. He found a loophole to k!ll his brother, Jacob, because if it wasn't MIB, I'd believe he could just walk up and k!ll Jacob.

And he's still having conversations with Jacob after he died, like they've known each other for years. If it wasn't MIB, and something else, it wouldn't make much sense that they still have a bond.

Also, what I am confused about, is how come Jacob knows MIB died, and his body is laying in the cave, why isn't he confused/scared/shocked/etc. to see his brother's body up and walking around? I don't remember seeing anything that dealt with that.
Red: Smokey could not k!ll Jacob just like Smokey cant k!ll Jack and company. He had Ben do it, because he could not. Just like he tried having Jack and company k!ll themselves by detonating the bomb. Also we do not know if Smokey even really wants to get off the island. He may just have been saying that to convince Jack and company that he was on there side and he wanted to leave the island with them, all the while planning to k!ll them all in the sub with the bomb.

Green: They have known eachother for years. Keep in mind Jacob freed the smoke monster YEARSSSSSSSS ago. Hundreds of years, at least. So they have been on this island together for years. Smokey had no way of k!lling Jacob until just recently though. So obviously they have developed a bond, even though they hate eachother. When you spend that much time with eachother, you are gonna get to know eachother.

Orange: We never see in this episode or any other episode the first time Jacob encountered smokey taking the form of his brother. He may have been shocked and had no f**king clue what was going on until Smokey revealed to him that he is not actually his brother. Or perhaps he tricked him into thinking he actually is his brother. Either way, we did not get to see that meeting take place yet, so that question is unanswered.

MIB's body is laying in the Cave the same way that John Lockes was laying on the beach. They are both dead. The smoke monster is just taking the form of them. I'm more confidant in this a.ssumption now after having written this then I was previously. I'm pretty sure we can lock that a.ssumption in to near-fact.

Last edited by ReppinDaBurghh; 05-12-2010 at 03:39 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #1979
space
space
 Eddie.. said:
actually I was the first person,

but yo she is some sort of monster, how did she do all that stuff if she isn't?
Bad writing?

Perhaps thats unfortunatly the case. But I think its pretty clear that she was no more special then Jacob is. They were both just given the power of immortality. (Immortality in the sense of never aging, that is.). The power was passed down to her the same way it was passed down to Jacob. Presumably hundreds of years before Jacob was born.
 8 years ago '05        #1980
space
space
 Eddie.. said:
my point is, why can Desmond and Sawyer see Jacob?
Everybody could see Jacob before he died. He was not invisible. He was just constantly in hiding and nobody knew where he was besides Richard. Hurley being able to see him after he died is just Hurley seeing dead people.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
81 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
27 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
78 comments
1 day ago