LOST: The Final Season Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
47 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #1941
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,086 | Props total: 1525 1525
and also howtf did MiB know to develop that wheel like that?

and how did the mother destroy everyone and fill up the well with no problem?

Last edited by Eddie..; 05-12-2010 at 08:05 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #1942
Truth33 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 810 810
 -Phase One- said:
I read that Kate was on a talk show recently, and said something like she wasn't on the last episode, as well as a few others. I took it as they were done next week (plus judging by the episode title)

Maybe I read it wrong.

You misread it, she wasn't in the last scene....she was in the episode though
 8 years ago '04        #1943
Nycryda 
space
space
space
$684 | Props total: 1 1
 Eddie.. said:
and also howtf did MiB know to develop that wheel like that?

and how did the mother destroy everyone and fill up the well with no problem?
Thats wtf I wanna know
 8 years ago '04        #1944
goke11429 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,252 | Props total: 12 12

[pic - click to view]

In the Bible, Jacob is the younger brother; Esau is the older one. The conflict is birthright--Esau deserves it, as oldest, but their mother favors Jacob, the younger. Esau is jealous of Jacob. He is not as clever as Jacob; the only thing Esau is good at is hunting. Later on, Esau has come to mean 'evil,' but he isn't at all. In fact when you read the Bible, you feel sorry for Esau and annoyed at his manipulative, conniving brother Jacob who stole his birthright and was always the favored mama's boy.

So the names don't fit the characters--in fact "Esau" from the BIble fits "JACOB" here much more than "JAcob" from the bible does.

It was annoying to me that they wouldn't give his name. I hope it's a good one. If it's Esau then there was no need for the suspense. Who knows. I loved this episode though.
 05-12-2010, 09:23 AM         #1945
80sbabyent 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Where is miles, cant he work his mojo on Adam and Eve's corpses like he did jacobs ashes, or did he already try that?
 8 years ago '04        #1946
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,379 | Props total: 463 463
Man lost is about to go out like twin peaks
 05-12-2010, 09:42 AM         #1947
JaeRell 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I can't seriously believe people who thought that episode was "epic" or even good. That s**t was trash. Bad writing and bad acting. This episode could have been seen in a Flashback within a regular episode. Forget about how corny the explanations (i.e. magic light ) seemed. Forget about how two more episodes of Lost are left and they have an episode where a new character is introduced and we get MORE new questions that we want answered.

It easy to see that the writers of Lost had no idea how they were going to answer all this s**t and especially make it interesting. They just thought of interesting s**t to happen during seasons without any idea on how to explain it or bring everything together. The just made interesting stuff up as they went along. The writers have been winging this s**t from the beginning and have gotten lazier and lazier.

Everything doesn't need to be explained, but a show shouldn't be so ambiguous to the point that you have every person imaginable able to come up with a theory that could make sense for the tons of unanswered questions. I mean, some dude up here stated that MIB turned into the spiders and paralyzed Nikki. Where the hell you get that from?

Last edited by JaeRell; 05-12-2010 at 09:43 AM..
 8 years ago '07        #1948
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
 JaeRell said:
I can't seriously believe people who thought that episode was "epic" or even good. That s**t was trash. Bad writing and bad acting. This episode could have been seen in a Flashback within a regular episode. Forget about how corny the explanations (i.e. magic light ) seemed. Forget about how two more episodes of Lost are left and they have an episode where a new character is introduced and we get MORE new questions that we want answered.

It easy to see that the writers of Lost had no idea how they were going to answer all this s**t and especially make it interesting. They just thought of interesting s**t to happen during seasons without any idea on how to explain it or bring everything together. The just made interesting stuff up as they went along. The writers have been winging this s**t from the beginning and have gotten lazier and lazier.

Everything doesn't need to be explained, but a show shouldn't be so ambiguous to the point that you have every person imaginable able to come up with a theory that could make sense for the tons of unanswered questions. I mean, some dude up here stated that MIB turned into the spiders and paralyzed Nikki. Where the hell you get that from?
no one cares about Walt yo. So take ya angry rants elsewhere
 05-12-2010, 11:09 AM         #1949
JaeRell 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Eddie.. said:

Funny...but who mentioned Walt?

JaeRell said:
 8 years ago '04        #1950
youngskeptik 
space
space
$388 | Props total: 1 1
 Eddie.. said:

i care about what happened to walt
 8 years ago '07        #1951
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
lol YOU KNOW WHAT A MEAN YO

but on a side note, I think their foster mother was a fire monster instead of a smoke monster.
 05-12-2010, 11:31 AM         #1952
JaeRell 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
On a serious note. Anybody not satisfied with the answers or the direction the show has taken or why it feels imcomplete should take a look at this and it will put some things into perspective. I'm not against writing as you go along, but in the case of Lost it started out great then slowly fell off, imo.

Quote from David Fury (co-executive producer of Lost)

“There was absolutely no master plan on Lost,” insists David Fury, a co-executive producer last season who wrote the series’ two best episodes and is now a writer-producer on 24. “Anybody who said that was lying.”

“On a show like Lost, it becomes a great big shaggy-dog story,” he continues cheerily. “They keep saying there’s meaning in everything, and I’m here to tell you no–a lot of things are just arbitrary. What I always tried to do was connect these random elements, to create the illusion that it was all adding up to something.”

Many plot elements were concocted on the fly, Fury says; for example, they didn’t know Hurley won the lottery until it came time to write his episode. “I don’t like to talk about when we come up with ideas,” Lindelof demurs. “It’s a magic trick. But we planned that plot. We seeded references to it in earlier episodes.” Fury disagrees. He says scenes with those references were filmed much later and inserted into earlier yet-to-air episodes: “It’s a brilliant trick to make us look smart. But doing that created a huge budget problem.”

Quote from Damon Lindelof (executive producer of Lost)

Tonight's episode, "Across the Sea," focuses on Jacob and the Man In Black. When were these guys first conceived?
Lindelof: We had to start talking about the overall mythology of the island in greater detail in the cracks between the first and second seasons, before our characters went down into the hatch. That conversation basically kicked out into the other major arc of the second season. Which was: Who are the Others? Who are these other people on the island, and who was their leader? And who was he receiving his instructions from? By the time the show got into its third season, we started to hear references to this character, Jacob. And I think it's safe to say that those conversations started then.

===================

Enough of my criticizing. Some of yall fanboys will probably start calling me a hater sooner or later. Fluck all yall, lol..
 05-12-2010, 11:33 AM         #1953
AbsLikeJesus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jacob/MIB's father was clearly the water monster. Kind of obvious when you think that she was lost in the ocean and then came to the island pregnant.

Water monster (father) + Fire monster (mother) = smoke monster child (MIB)

Damon and Carlton are geniuses
 8 years ago '09        #1954
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
 AbsLikeJesus said:
Jacob/MIB's father was clearly the water monster. Kind of obvious when you think that she was lost in the ocean and then came to the island pregnant.

Water monster (father) + Fire monster (mother) = smoke monster child (MIB)

Damon and Carlton are geniuses
im hoping youre not serious.
 8 years ago '09        #1955
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '07        #1956
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
Richard couldn't see Jacob, Richard isn't a candidate

Sawyer could see Jacob, Sawyer is a candidate

Desmond could see Jacob, Desmond isn't a candidate
 8 years ago '07        #1957
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
And I still wanna know why Ben was able to k!ll jacob

-in the 1800's, MiB tells richard to stab Jacob before he speaks in order to k!ll him.

-Jacob proceeds to lay the bats to Richard.

-in present time, Dugen or whatever the jap master's name is tells Sayid that in order to k!ll the MiB, you must stab him right in the chest before he speaks.

-MiB speaks and the Desmond stabs him, nothing happens

-MiB gives Ben no type of explanation on how to k!ll Jacob, Ben stabs Jacob and k!lls him.

and also, when dugen was k!lled the translator guy yells at Sayid and says 'he was the only thing left keeping the smoke monster out' or something like that, but how so?

Was the ash not enuff?
 8 years ago '05        #1958
BlaznHizzle|M 3 heat pts
space
space
$14,408 | Props total: 24 24
 Ricky Towel said:
this commercial was better than last nights episode
 8 years ago '04        #1959
goke11429 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,252 | Props total: 12 12
i never complain about not getting answers...but after last night we have wayyyyyyyyyyy more questions that needs answers...seems like the FINAL season just started
 8 years ago '05        #1960
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,535 | Props total: 134 134
okay i was pretty stoned while i watched that s**t but
jacob and MIB are just regular humans? well were?
the chic that raised them and the island turned them into whatever the f**k they are now?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
81 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
349 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
79 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy