LOST: The Final Season Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
135 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
154 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
99 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-20-2010, 03:27 PM         #1041
AbsLikeJesus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Black rock was from the late 1800's (as said by the auctioneer selling the journal from the Black Rock to Charles Widmore back in season 2).

I agree that he shouldn't be in the alternate timeline because the only reason he can live forever is because of Jacob, and the alternate timeline is life without Jacob. So that means he's going to live his life normally, and if he was on the Black Rock back in the late 1800's, then he should have died then and thus he shouldn't be around in 2004. If they show him as a sailor then that will f**k up everything and that is a class 1 continuity error.

There is going to be flashbacks in Richard's episode and I will almost confirm and bet money on it. Reasons why:

1) the promo for his episode shows them in real time, Richard talking to Jack/Ben around a fire, etc.

2) ****I DON'T THINK THIS IS A SPOILER BUT THERE IS A SMALL CHANCE SOMEONE WILL THINK IT IS. I'M GOING TO BE REALLY GENERAL THOUGH AND TRY NOT TO GIVE ANYTHING AWAY*** like I said I saw spoilers of some images from that episode, and I don't know what they meant but they were confusing as f**k and I guarantee they weren't from real time. If they are showing two different times in the same timeline, then they are using flashbacks
 8 years ago '09        #1042
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
 AbsLikeJesus said:
Black rock was from the late 1800's (as said by the auctioneer selling the journal from the Black Rock to Charles Widmore back in season 2).

I agree that he shouldn't be in the alternate timeline because the only reason he can live forever is because of Jacob, and the alternate timeline is life without Jacob. So that means he's going to live his life normally, and if he was on the Black Rock back in the late 1800's, then he should have died then and thus he shouldn't be around in 2004. If they show him as a sailor then that will f**k up everything and that is a class 1 continuity error.

There is going to be flashbacks in Richard's episode and I will almost confirm and bet money on it. Reasons why:

1) the promo for his episode shows them in real time, Richard talking to Jack/Ben around a fire, etc.

2) ****I DON'T THINK THIS IS A SPOILER BUT THERE IS A SMALL CHANCE SOMEONE WILL THINK IT IS. I'M GOING TO BE REALLY GENERAL THOUGH AND TRY NOT TO GIVE ANYTHING AWAY*** like I said I saw spoilers of some images from that episode, and I don't know what they meant but they were confusing as f**k and I guarantee they weren't from real time. If they are showing two different times in the same timeline, then they are using flashbacks
im not sure the alternate timeline would be richards life without jacob, id bet richard and jacob still had contact.
 03-20-2010, 03:41 PM         #1043
AbsLikeJesus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ricky Towel said:
im not sure the alternate timeline would be richards life without jacob, id bet richard and jacob still had contact.
Lets brainstorm:

-Richard is just like any of the characters. He just happened to be one of the first that Jacob/MIB met.

-Does Jacob live in this alternate timeline? Does he live with his powers?

-Reading some failed theories in this thread really messed up my train of thought and I find myself doubting things all because I'm reading stupid theories. I guess the question remains, is Jacob still around WITH his powers in the alternate timeline, only difference is he never touched the Losties? Or is he gone completely?
 8 years ago '05        #1044
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69

[pic - click to view]

This British(?) slave-trading vessel disappeared in 1881, on a return voyage from a gold mining operation in the South Indian Ocean. Perhaps more interesting than the fact the ship was lost were the circumstances preceding and following its disappearance. According to traders on Papua New Guinea, the ship sailed away from port in an Easterly direction, rather than West to Africa, where it would exchange gold from the mines in Indonesia and Papua New Guinea for more slaves. Furthermore, though a copy of the ship's manifest has been discovered - no accurate information is available on the ship's ownership. According to the manifest, The Black Rock initially sailed from (and was supposed to return to) slip 23 in Portsmouth, Britain -- but no shipping company claimed ownership. A crew of some 40 men, along with an uncounted number of slaves, was presumably lost at sea.
There is an interesting site here about the blackrock and some of their crew names. Here is the list. Not sure how legit it is. But damn it hyped me up when I saw it.

Captain:
Magnus Hanso
1st Mate:
Alexander Widmore
2nd Mate:
Clifford Widmore
Crew:
Robert Broughton
Johannes Bedell
Richard Alpert
Jacob Deyer
Daniel Linderman
Henrick Skeggs
Peter Thompson
Thomas Parys
Anthony Forster
Miles Strom
Adam Monroe
Thomas Hetley
Henry Wingfeild
Conrad Strughold
John Poulter
Alvin Kurtzweil
Thomas Mettlewerk
Reginald Knolles
Daniel Farraday
Edward Jackman

Last edited by Wasted; 03-20-2010 at 03:49 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #1045
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,449 | Props total: 7095 7095
 AbsLikeJesus said:
Lets brainstorm:

-Richard is just like any of the characters. He just happened to be one of the first that Jacob/MIB met.

-Reading some failed theories in this thread really messed up my train of thought and I find myself doubting things all because I'm reading stupid theories. I guess the question remains, is Jacob still around WITH his powers in the alternate timeline, only difference is he never touched the Losties? Or is he gone completely?

You would have to a.ssume that Jacob sank(died) with the island. So Jacob DID exist in the AR, but he is no longer around. If you do a.ssume that, then you also a.ssume that Jacob did in fact meet Richard prior to the island sinking, because in the OT they met much earlier then that. So if you a.ssume those two things, then you have three possibilties. 1.Richard maintained the "power" of never aging after the island sank (If he made it off the island.) and is now living in the real world as an immortal, 2.Richard died when the island blew up (Most likely scenario, imo.) 3.Richard survived the explosion, but started aging again (Least likely scenario, imo.).

Either way, with any of those scenarios, a flash-sideways to him in the AR would be a HUGE dissapointment as we ALL just want flashbacks.

I cannot see the writers botching one of the most hyped episodes in the history of Lost by not having Flashbacks in this episode.
 8 years ago '05        #1046
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
I agree that Richard should not have a flash-sideways and should be dead. If people have seen trailers for the next episode and Richard is talking about the Blackrock and it seems like Flashblacks then that would be awesome. If Richard does appear in the flash-sideways it'll be his great great great........great grand kids. I can see them doing that and then referencing Richard in a story.

AbsLikeJesus said:
Lets brainstorm:

Again with Jacob and MIB he is as old as Richard if not older so with the same logic as before Jacob should not appear in the flash-sideways and shouldn't have powers.

From writing this I can see Jacob and MIB being brothers.

03-20-2010, 03:57 PM         #1047
AbsLikeJesus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
FUUUUUUU I read the first two names of that crew list and shat my pants. I can't read the full spoiler though.
 8 years ago '05        #1048
space
space
 AbsLikeJesus said:
FUUUUUUU I read the first two names of that crew list and shat my pants. I can't read the full spoiler though.
There is only like 4 other interesting names besides the 2 you read.
 8 years ago '09        #1049
space
space
 AbsLikeJesus said:
Lets brainstorm:

we're not sure about any of that.

i was just saying that simply because he hadnt contacted any of the losties it doesnt mean he didnt have contact with richard, the incident changing the s**t certainly happened well after he would have contacted richard.
 8 years ago '06        #1050
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,511 | Props total: 258 258
 Wasted said:
There is an interesting site here about the blackrock and some of their crew names. Here is the list. Not sure how legit it is. But damn it hyped me up when I saw it.

Captain:
Magnus Hanso
1st Mate:
Alexander Widmore
2nd Mate:
Clifford Widmore
Crew:
Robert Broughton
Johannes Bedell
Richard Alpert
Jacob Deyer
Daniel Linderman
Henrick Skeggs
Peter Thompson
Thomas Parys
Anthony Forster
Miles Strom
Adam Monroe
Thomas Hetley
Henry Wingfeild
Conrad Strughold
John Poulter
Alvin Kurtzweil
Thomas Mettlewerk
Reginald Knolles
Daniel Farraday
Edward Jackman

Awesome find. But wtf @ the last name underlined. That's crazy.
 8 years ago '07        #1051
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418 OP
space
space
$18,667 | Props total: 4416 4416
 Wasted said:

Captain:
Magnus Hanso
1st Mate:
Alexander Widmore
2nd Mate:
Clifford Widmore
Crew:
Robert Broughton
Johannes Bedell
Richard Alpert
Jacob Deyer
Daniel Linderman
Henrick Skeggs
Peter Thompson
Thomas Parys
Anthony Forster
Miles Strom
Adam Monroe
Thomas Hetley
Henry Wingfeild
Conrad Strughold
John Poulter
Alvin Kurtzweil
Thomas Mettlewerk
Reginald Knolles
Daniel Farraday
Edward Jackman

This is from the Season 2 ARG with Rachel Blake.
 8 years ago '07        #1052
Grave 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,788 | Props total: 200 200
I don't want to see richards flash sideways if he has one. Only flashbacks. I wonder what the school book linus was reading in AR says about the ship.
 8 years ago '09        #1053
space
space
 stillers09 said:

[spoiler - click to view]

prob because i dont think thats a reliable source.
 8 years ago '05        #1054
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
Obviously the list isn't 100% reliable so take it for what it is.

PuBSTaR GaMiNG said:
This is from the Season 2 ARG with Rachel Blake.
What does that mean? No idea what that is.
 8 years ago '05        #1055
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,535 | Props total: 134 134
f**k i wish someone at abc would jack these tapes and release this s**t early!!
 8 years ago '05        #1056
space
space
 jay964 said:
f**k i wish someone at abc would jack these tapes and release this s**t early!!
Not me. I want this s**t to drag out.

The people begging for answers immediatly, I dont understand them. Everyone needs to sit back and enjoy the f**king ride, rather then trying to immediatly get to the destination.

This is and has been a f**king amazing ride and is one of the greatest television series of all time, hands down. It is in my top 3 of all time. I do not want this ride to end. But if its gonna end, I just hope they end it with a f**king bang. And i'm very confidant that they will pull it off correctly.

We only have like 8 episodes and a 2 hour finale left. Like I said, sit back and enjoy it from week to week. This show is unique in the fact that a week between episodes is not to long because we have enough to debate about for a week after each episode and its f**king entertaining as hell. I check this thread multiple times a day just for the purpose of discussing this show and hearing more peoples ideas and forming my own opinions on what has just occured on the previous episode and what might occur on the next episode. I have never been as into a show as I am into this one. I am a huge TV fan, and I do have at least 1 show I place over Lost as my favorite of all time (Although Lost may take the #1 spot if they pull this off correctly.), but that 1 show I was never debating with people about for days after each episode aired.

This show is amazing. We are priveledged to have it to watch.

Lets enjoy it.

8 years ago '05        #1057
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
Amen to that.

When the show ends I got nothing to look forward to interms of TV shows. I'm not even a TV show person either.
 8 years ago '05        #1058
space
space
 Wasted said:
Amen to that.

When the show ends I got nothing to look forward to interms of TV shows. I'm not even a TV show person either.
Bro, in all seriousness, get up on Battlestar Gallactica.

Best show of all time imo. Its over now. A 3 hour miniseries and then 4 seasons of amazing work, followed by a 1 or 2 hour special from a different point of view.

GOAT tv show, for me. I know the title makes it sound lame like some Star Trek s**t or something but trust me from one Lost fan to another, checkkkk this s**t out. Watch the 3 hour miniseries and you will be digging it. (There is a version that was from the 70's or 80's, i'm talking about the one that started in 2003, though. I heard the one from the 70's or 80's is straight garbage.) They say in the sci-fi community that this show re-defined Sci-fi. Brought it to the next level.

When my buddy put me onto this show like 10 months ago, I was so f**king into it it was rediculous. I'm talkin about I had nights where I watched 8 episodes in a row (hour long episodes).

If your lookin for somethin to watch following Lost, or even between episodes of Lost for now, this is heavily reccomended.
 8 years ago '09        #1059
space
space
i still havent watched the miniseries of BG that i downloaded.

might just wait until lost is done before i get started on it.
 03-21-2010, 05:18 PM         #1060
AbsLikeJesus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I just watched the miniseries, I didn't really like the first one to the point where I was like "Holy wow!!" but I respect it because it just showed me the whole situation. Second episode was very LOST like.

Reppindaburghh- Whats the name of the genius doctor guy? Did he invent the robots, or what? I know hes the creator of something...

The girl that only he can see... AMAZING!!! I love how I don't know what side they're on, it's kind of good and bad and the image they portray her in is amazing. I love the little twist at the end of the second episode too
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
15 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
105 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy