LOST: The Final Season Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
131 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #961
nando 7 heat pts
space
space
$2,017 | Props total: 249 249
 Grave said:
I had to post taht on the quickness cuz my bat on my laptop was dying, i was getting to it, lol...give me a bit....there is alot of s**t to type. Im really tryiing to detail where everythign pretty much forked into diferent directions, but are still tied in to this very same place
ah... mybad mybad, please continue... lol
 8 years ago '07        #962
Grave 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,788 | Props total: 200 200
But is waht Im saying making sense? Is there anything that u would disagree with so far? Ima continue my original reply with a paper and pen, hopefully I get to post it here before i get to work.

My memory is real fresh about thsi show. Me and my girl saw seasons 1-5 in december when we got netflix. so im pretty sure im on point...
 8 years ago '05        #963
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,443 | Props total: 7083 7083
 nando said:
THIS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS IF YOU'RE NOT UP 2 DATE

in case this has been addressed b4, i missed it so mybad...

these flashes are taken place right after the plane lands and doesn't crash...

therefore, everyone on the island and everyone in these flashes have the same past up to the plane crash/land...

so Sawyer's a cop huh? all those flashes in the old seasons where he was conning folks just omitted the fact that he was undercover huh... ok, i can believe that...

what i cannot believe is Miles being his partner. if miles was his partner, he would of always had 2 be his partner... meaning when Miles came on the island he would've already of had 2 be a cop AND they should've known each other...

am I wrong?

side note: who the f**k is MIB? lol

You are so lost bro....

When the island blew up it changed the course of time in the alternate timeline. So everyones past BEFORE the plane crashed in the timeline in the island scenes, and the timeline in the flash sideways, was not exactly the same. Things were different. This has been discussed many times in this thread and is now common knowledge.
 8 years ago '07        #964
Grave 3 heat pts
space
space
Ill have a good reply later on tonite instead, Ima include visuals and s**t so I can better explain myself.
 8 years ago '05        #965
space
space
Nando I am not sure what you are not understanding.

Miles is Sawyers partner in the alt-timeline. He was not his partner in the original timeline. Its as simple as that.

The reason for that is because with the island not existing and Jacob not having an influence on everyones lives (remember in the scene with Jack looking in the mirror and freaking out and breaking it a few episodes back, leading you to believe that Jacob had been influencing the losties lives way further back then when he "touched" them. In a flashback, he even met Sawyer when he was a CHILD, if you remember correctly. So he was influencing him from way back to be a con-man, so he could use that to his advantage now. Locke even tells Sawyer in the newest episode, "I'm sending you over there because you are the best liar I know. So MIB is using the skills that Jacob influenced Sawyer to have. MIB is using Jacobs tricks to his own advantage. If Jacob had no reason to bring Sawyer to the island, because the island does not exist, then Sawyer would have had no such influence in his life, and apparently he became a cop instead of a con man. Still using the same skills, which we saw in the very first flash sideways of this episode, but hes using them for good instead of bad. ) things were totally different for all of the main characters of the show, with no influence from Jacob.

Simple as that.

If you do not understand it, quit watching.
 8 years ago '04        #966
nando 7 heat pts
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
You are so lost bro....

When the island blew up it changed the course of time in the alternate timeline. So everyones past BEFORE the plane crashed in the timeline in the island scenes, and the timeline in the flash sideways, was not exactly the same. Things were different. This has been discussed many times in this thread and is now common knowledge.
that was a little corny... lol me being "lost" and all...

but nah... if its been discussed b4, good - it'll be discussed again. logically (as logical as u can get about a show with a smoke monster) - logically, there is no reason why the island exploding/sinking/dying/no longer existing in the past should affect any1s past unless the island was connected to the pple lives b4 like i said earlier:

nando said:
hmmm... i can understand Ben's life not being the same but Sawyers? That s**t should be the same all the way back... Thinking about it... Miles CAN actually be a cop and i guess Sawyers partner... Miles' father was a scientist on the island and like you said - no island, so s**t changed...

hmmm... i dunno, I feel like they're reaching... the way I see it, if the island didn't effect you b4 the crash (like Sawyer, Shepard, Kate etc) then the person u are on the island should be the same person u are in the flashes... past being past and alternate futures after the crash/land...

and actually, back to Miles' father - when exactly was the island destroyed (or whatever)? wasn't he already there? and didn't he already send his wife/kid home - meaning, that Miles' past shouldn't have changed, meaning he couldn't be a cop and Sawyers partner...

yes, no, maybe?
AND, like i said earlier - if every1s past IS different in both timelines:

nando said:
that's retarded... changing everything would make no sense whatsoever... there has to be a point where s**t went different from, the fork on the road...

the only way that their WHOLE lives would change is if the island somewhat had to do something with every1's past even b4 the crash... sorta like Jacob... but he only met some b4 not all...

either way, i'm not calling u retarded just the show if that's how its going to go...

honestly, this sideflash bulls**t is retarded on its own - seems pointless really... hopefully they tie it in at the end and explain why its relevant...
just trying 2 make sense of s**t, i enjoy the show and discussing it always fun, if u dont want to discuss with me, don't...
 8 years ago '05        #967
space
space

[video - click to view]

That very moment, that was the fork in the road that you are looking for, where Sawyers future was altered by Jacob. And after that in one timeline he became a cop, in the other he became a con man.

Satisfied?
 8 years ago '05        #968
space
space
 nando said:
that was a little corny... lol me being "lost" and all...

but nah... if its been discussed b4, good - it'll be discussed again. logically (as logical as u can get about a show with a smoke monster) - logically, there is no reason why the island exploding/sinking/dying/no longer existing in the past should affect any1s past unless the island was connected to the pple lives b4 like i said earlier:

AND, like i said earlier - if every1s past IS different in both timelines:

just trying 2 make sense of s**t, i enjoy the show and discussing it always fun, if u dont want to discuss with me, don't...

You are calling the show retarded because you cannot understand it? Ha...the irony.....
 8 years ago '04        #969
nando 7 heat pts
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:

Miles is Sawyers partner in the alt-timeline. He was not his partner in the original timeline. Its as simple as that.

The reason for that is because with the island not existing and Jacob not having an influence on everyones lives (remember in the scene with Jack looking in the mirror and freaking out and breaking it a few episodes back, leading you to believe that Jacob had been influencing the losties lives way further back then when he "touched" them. In a flashback, he even met Sawyer when he was a CHILD, if you remember correctly. So he was influencing him from way back to be a con-man, so he could use that to his advantage now. Locke even tells Sawyer in the newest episode, "I'm sending you over there because you are the best liar I know. So MIB is using the skills that Jacob influenced Sawyer to have. MIB is using Jacobs tricks to his own advantage. If Jacob had no reason to bring Sawyer to the island, because the island does not exist, then Sawyer would have had no such influence in his life, and apparently he became a cop instead of a con man. Still using the same skills, which we saw in the very first flash sideways of this episode, but hes using them for good instead of bad. ) things were totally different for all of the main characters of the show, with no influence from Jacob.

Simple as that.

you see, there u go again, discussing it me...

i already thought about that and I even mentioned it - and like I said, unless the island (or jacob) had some kind of connection with EVERYONE then it shouldn't be the way it is...

to believe your theory, u are a.ssuming Jacob was f**king with EVERYONE starting as early as possible that its not even shown - and i'm actually good with that...

I was just stating that that's the only way it'd make sense and if its not like that, its retarded... we're having a discussion f**ker, no need 2 be rude
 8 years ago '07        #970
Grave 3 heat pts
space
space
"Our" reality is connected to the AR. The AR is a result of what happened to the Island in 77 in "OUR" reality and probably if Jacob didnt have an effect on anybodys lives. Like Locke said earlier in the last episode, "what if things were different"...ill just post tonite, f**k posting little siht here adn there, ill do it all at once

Oh and one q that I wanan get peoples opinions before i continue. The white kid that showed up to Locke and Sawyer, was that jacob? was he picked when he was a child to become the "protector" way back when?

Last edited by Grave; 03-18-2010 at 01:05 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #971
nando 7 heat pts
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:

That very moment, that was the fork in the road that you are looking for, where Sawyers future was altered by Jacob. And after that in one timeline he became a cop, in the other he became a con man.

Satisfied?
and the proof he influenced everyone else?
 8 years ago '04        #972
nando 7 heat pts
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
You are calling the show retarded because you cannot understand it? Ha...the irony.....
a**holes like u make BX what it is... it'd be retarded if they changed every1s past 4 no reason... read much?
 8 years ago '07        #973
Grave 3 heat pts
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:

Satisfied?

This is a big part to what I am going to explain. I agree with you on this post
 8 years ago '07        #974
Grave 3 heat pts
space
space
 nando said:
a**holes like u make BX what it is... it'd be retarded if they changed every1s past 4 no reason... read much?

The islands sinking transcended time and space basically put.
 8 years ago '05        #975
space
space
 nando said:
You are embarrasing yourself.

8 years ago '07        #976
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,078 | Props total: 1522 1522
 nando said:
the alternate timeline is the proof yo

you kinda gotta use common sense at some point
 8 years ago '08        #977
get_ate 
space
space
$1,848 | Props total: 397 397
at the fact that some people still can't understand the show.

...for all the complexity, the plot is amazingly simple.

Some people need to go work on comprehension and deduction...

Motherf**ker's asking for proof as to how Jacob influenced everybody when that s**t's been shown countless times now...get a f**king clue.
 8 years ago '05        #978
BlaznHizzle|M 3 heat pts
space
space
$14,408 | Props total: 23 23
 Reppindaburghh said:

Simple as that.

well put, BUT the island did/does exist..
 03-18-2010, 03:15 PM         #979
><>Young'n<>< 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BlaznHizzle said:
well put, BUT the island did/does exist..
Exactly, i think the shows beginning to put its foot in its mouth. Ben confirmed that the island DID exist in the timeline when him and his dad talked about it. And I'm pretty sure Jacob would have visited them all. Recall that Jacob was the one that allowed Locke to live when he got pushed out the window, so in theory, Locke should be dead if Jacob was never part of their lives, but he's already had a centric episode in the alternate timeline. Every flashback episode (prior to season 6's flashwisdeways') we've seen thusfar suggests a different past for each character, meaning that maybe only some peoples' pasts changed without the island and some didn't. Was Sawyer a cop when he was on the plane in the current reality? We have no way of knowing really, except from flashbacks which at this point don't really say anything about the alt-lives. Ii'm starting to feel like the writers are jerking us around and started to lose their footing on being able to tie up everything. I'm not really afraid because I always kinda knew that they would lose track of themselves. I know, not everythings gonna be resolved, but it seems like they're just sidestepping because not even they know how to solve some of the mysteries because the stories and paradoxes have just gotten way too out of hand and convoluted. Don't get me wrong, I love the show, and I plan on watching the rest of the season, I just really wished the resolution was planned out a little better where most things could be understood at this point in the series.

Last edited by ><>Young'n<><; 03-18-2010 at 03:17 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #980
nando 7 heat pts
space
space
look at these f**ks... lol

its called having discussion... i'm questioning s**t like we all have at 1 time and mofos having fits and s**t over it... f**k outta here...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
31 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
282 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
72 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
52 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
44 comments
23 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
206 comments
18 hours ago