LOST: The Final Season Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
194 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #681
apfam77 
space
space
space
$1,000 | Props total: 205 205
 Ricky Towel said:
but its still confusing as to why christians actual body was missing, unlike lockes.
now that is confusing you are right about that.
 8 years ago '05        #682
OMEGAMAN 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,532 | Props total: 18 18
So is Jack going to stop being a b**chass now and get back to confident Jack?

What was the real purpose of the lighthouse? Was it really meant to bring someone there or just for Jack to see something? If each name was a degree, sucks that he didn't get to 108 so we could see who was possibly coming. Probably Widmore.

Why does Jacob want to concede the Temple and let everyone get k!lled? Those are his people. I'm sure there is a greater reason behind everything.

Is MIB going to do to Sawyer what he did to Claire? If Saayid is infected in the same way, could he be a sleeper agent of some sort who will help MIB get in the temple?

Hopefully we actually get more "answers" next episode. I was pleased with tonight's.
 8 years ago '09        #683
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
108=wallace

whoever wallace is.
 8 years ago '04        #684
shookid 
space
space
space
$1,581 | Props total: 0 0
i think the person jacob was talkin about comin to the island is desmond. desmond is destined for the island thats why jack breaking the mirrors will not affect him finding the island. its hard to figure out what the hell jacob is doin. the guy is extremely nonchalant. he sacrifices all his people to save only hurley and jack? doesnt put up a f!ght when hes stabbed, o the mirrors broken thats alright. easily the most interesting character in the series.
 8 years ago '04        #686
goke11429 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,252 | Props total: 12 12

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #687
goke11429 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,252 | Props total: 12 12
 Bethany said:
Jacob wanted to get Hurley and Jack far away from the temple as they are candidates. But Sawyer and Jin or Sun (whichever is the candidate) are not at the temple either. Sayid is inhabited and Locke is dead. So the 4 that are left to be a candiate are not at the temple anymore.....
Just an observation. Maybe significant. Maybe not.
Loved the episode
 8 years ago '04        #688
apfam77 
space
space
space
$1,000 | Props total: 205 205
i dont know what to think after re watching the episode claire made it seem like her father was a different entity than mib so who knows...
 8 years ago '05        #689
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,535 | Props total: 134 134
is anyone else disinterested in the alternate timeline as i am?
 8 years ago '04        #690
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
space
$19,396 | Props total: 4284 4284
 apfam77 said:
and there you have it
wow yur right.. tonites episode cleared it up.. i wonder why christian is walking around on his own tho
 02-24-2010, 12:27 AM         #691
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '05        #692
MastermindInc 
space
space
space
$285 | Props total: 7 7
Interesting fact. Lighthouse was the 108th hour of the Lost series.

Crazy
 02-24-2010, 07:03 AM         #693
JaeRell 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RamazedAGAIN said:
I liked it.

Somehow I'm not really feeling the flash-sideways,tho..I dont see the point, at this stage of the game, to indulge in "what if" hypotheticals. Never mind that there's this gigantic logical paradox cloud hanging over it (unless this new/alternative timeline leads to a point where all Losties do eventually get to the island, back to the 70s etc. ), I just feel it's slowing things down and doesn't tell us that much other than occasional "oh what a coincidence" moments.

So apparently the end-game is indeed the (seemingly) Good v. Evil battle between MIB/Flocke and Jacob's tribe. This is not how I envisioned this show to end, and I'm not sure I like this ultimate storyline, but let's wait and enjoy - as long as it's not overdone (hopefully no ridiculous shapeshifting wars/epic supernatural f!ghts as in Heroes) it should be fine.

The downside to this game-changer is that what used to be a story about those bunch of Oceanic survivors and their struggle with destiny, is now moved to this metaphysical level, which kind of diminishes my ability to identify and feel with the characters. It's hard to explain, but I could relate much more strongly to last season's struggle with time and fate than for this pawns-in-a-game scenario. I do hope for a major twist though, something that would turn this premise of powerless chessmen on its head.

So far, it's far from clear who, if at all, is 'good' and who is 'bad'. This series has always avoided such clear classifications but left it ambiguous if 'bad' is actually 'bad' (Losties v. Others, Ben v. Widmore). What is rather the ultimate dichotomy, I think, is whether there was such a thing as "destiny" or "purpose" for the Losties in the first place. MIB is the cynical denier, Jacob is the Man of Faith. Therefore, at the end we shall know if the Island is "just an Island" and whether Jacob's motives were misguided or had any higher meaning.

I agree with everything in this post. Especially the first paragraph and this...

The downside to this game-changer is that what used to be a story about those bunch of Oceanic survivors and their struggle with destiny, is now moved to this metaphysical level, which kind of diminishes my ability to identify and feel with the characters.

...that is what drew me to Lost in the first place. The focus on character is damn near gone and now focused more on the metaphysical aspect. The only thing that keeps me watching is only to know how it ends. I hope it doesn't disappoint though...it still has a ways to go.
 8 years ago '05        #694
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,535 | Props total: 134 134
4+8+15+16+23+42 = 108
 8 years ago '09        #695
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
 all3rd said:
Hmm why do I think 108 is Walt or Desmond.
i really dont know considering screencaps show the name as wallace.
 8 years ago '04        #696
shookid 
space
space
space
$1,581 | Props total: 0 0
 Ricky Towel said:
i really dont know considering screencaps show the name as wallace.
wallace is not 108, he is 08. n desmond will be 108, thats who is comin. it makes sense. we havent seem him, he was told the island is not done with him.

my bad u r right. desmond is still important though, he will be back!!

Last edited by shookid; 02-24-2010 at 11:52 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #697
jae premier 
space
space
$2,491 | Props total: 77 77
I was wondering if anyone else picked up on the fact that Jack and Dogen both met and had children with extreme musical talents and Dogen says that their kids are "special"

idk what to make of it, but i feel like it will be important somewhere down the line...
 8 years ago '05        #698
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69
Bizarrely I thought that Jack's Kid was a young Faraday as he was a musical genius when he was young.

Last week Illana said that Locke cannot change his appearance and that he is stuck like that. So how the f**k did he change from Christian to Locke?
 8 years ago '06        #699
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,781 | Props total: 2260 2260
 Wasted said:
Bizarrely I thought that Jack's Kid was a young Faraday as he was a musical genius when he was young.

Last week Illana said that Locke cannot change his appearance and that he is stuck like that. So how the f**k did he change from Christian to Locke?
The thing is that it has not been confirmed that Smokey is Christian although there is a lot of evidence supporting that theory and hes definitely on Smokeys side. Also remember that Christians was missing from the coffin while Lockes body was still in the crate.
 8 years ago '06        #700
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,781 | Props total: 2260 2260
 shookid said:
wallace is not 108, he is 08. n desmond will be 108, thats who is comin. it makes sense. we havent seem him, he was told the island is not done with him.

my bad u r right. desmond is still important though, he will be back!!
Wallace cant be #8 because that is Hurleys number. In the screen caps its hard to see if there is a one in front of 08, it could be 208 or 308 because the lighthouse contraption had 360 degrees.
Home      

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
81 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
43 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
289 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
67 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
35 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
47 comments
1 day ago