LOST: The Final Season Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
25 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #621
goke11429 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,252 | Props total: 12 12
 Jimmy_TwoTimes said:
Something that A LOT OF YOU may not fully understand (and I'm looking more in Kartel's direction than anyone else) is that these writers probably have 6 or 7 hours of truly great entertainment for us and they have to fit it into 16 episodes... that means, yes, filler, or s**t that might not necessarily be important. It's tough for writers to stretch an idea out over the course of a season. So you will get your answers, and they will be spaced out, but don't be SHOCKED when they don't answer EVERY TINY QUESTION. How do I back this up? I live in Los Angeles and some of the people I work for/with write TV for a living. They LOVE what Lost is doing and they're also aware that they have to sit through a "s**tty" episode, story wise, to get to good episodes like last nights.

Last night's episode was EPIC. I even enjoyed the flash-sideways to Locke. And I totally did not recognize Katie Segal at first... it was when I heard her voice when she was walking off camera. Damn dude, Peggy Bundy got old, lmao

Why do you guys do this....just ignore the ignorant....no matter how you explain it they'll stick to their belief....just let it be and move on....most of us have the mental capacity to understand what goes on behind the scenes and appreciate the hard work of those who made LOST
saying is....

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '08        #622
get_ate 
space
space
$1,848 | Props total: 399 399
 Jimmy_TwoTimes said:
Damn dude, Peggy Bundy got old, lmao
...and she'd still get it...

What's your point?
 8 years ago '08        #623
Jimmy_TwoTimes 
space
space
$280 | Props total: 0 0
 goke11429 said:
Why do you guys do this....just ignore the ignorant....no matter how you explain it they'll stick to their belief....just let it be and move on....most of us have the mental capacity to understand what goes on behind the scenes and appreciate the hard work of those who made LOST
saying is....
I'm feeding the troll with Arsenic. If it eats enough, it will die. You'll thank me later. :lachen001:
 8 years ago '05        #624
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,535 | Props total: 134 134
 goke11429 said:
browse through this thread

Names that were not crossed out
4 - Locke
8 - Reyes
15 - Ford
16 - Jarrah
23 - Shephard
42 - Kwon (Jin or Sun?)

Names that were crossed out
10 - Mattingley (misspelled?)
20 - Roup
64 - Goldstein
75 - Costa
90 - Troup
195 - Pace
222 - O'Toole
233 - Jones
291 - Domingo
313 - Littleton (Claire or Aaron?)
317 - Cunningham
346 - Grant
Number Illegible - Reynolds
Number Illegible - Almeda?
Number Illegible - Goodspeed
Number Illegible - Sullivan
Number Illegible - Pickett
Number Illegible - Lewis
Number Illegible - Faraday
no austin?
 8 years ago '04        #625
goke11429 3 heat pts
space
space
 jay964 said:
no austin?

[pic - click to view]

02-17-2010, 04:22 PM         #626
jaebe3zero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I was just gonna say that the numbers from everybody on the Oceanic 815, are all the numbers from the winning lottery ticket, the hatch, but i'm pretty sure everybody noticed that.
 8 years ago '04        #627
goke11429 3 heat pts
space
space
 jaebe3zero said:
I was just gonna say that the numbers from everybody on the Oceanic 815, are all the numbers from the winning lottery ticket, the hatch, but i'm pretty sure everybody noticed that.
.... that's considered general info....no offense but what do you take us for
 02-17-2010, 05:04 PM         #628
tipt420 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jimmy_TwoTimes said:
Something that A LOT OF YOU may not fully understand (and I'm looking more in Kartel's direction than anyone else) is that these writers probably have 6 or 7 hours of truly great entertainment for us and they have to fit it into 16 episodes... that means, yes, filler, or s**t that might not necessarily be important. It's tough for writers to stretch an idea out over the course of a season. So you will get your answers, and they will be spaced out, but don't be SHOCKED when they don't answer EVERY TINY QUESTION. How do I back this up? I live in Los Angeles and some of the people I work for/with write TV for a living. They LOVE what Lost is doing and they're also aware that they have to sit through a "s**tty" episode, story wise, to get to good episodes like last nights.
If you listen to the last podcast, the exec's basically say in LOST-writer fashion that not everything will be answered, and they almost sound disappointed that the fans actually think each and every loose end will be tied, they only guarentee that they will explain every dead person, i.e. adam and eve.

Anybody remember one of the Others in season one or two sayin that Shepherd wasnt even on Jacob's list...
And with Kate not bein on the cave wall, it didnt show the entire wall, so she could easily be on it.
It would kinda be cool if Jacob was narrowing down the list, but thats apparently not the case, cause it would be a decent idea to have the person who replaces Jacob be #1, The One ;)
 8 years ago '06        #629
tdc320 
space
space
$1,490 | Props total: 708 708

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '05        #630
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,535 | Props total: 134 134
 jaebe3zero said:
sherlock holmes on the case!
 8 years ago '05        #631
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69
 PuBSTaR GaMiNG said:
I think that tonight made me think the Smokey has been the good one and Jacob was the bad person.

...b/c Locke and Smokey have had something since Walkabout in S1. Locke knew the Island was special and didn't want to leave. He had faith and that is why Smokey picked his body...

Plus when Ben was face to face with Jacob and the whole "what about you?"

Eh? Its Smokey that wants to leave?

It's Jacob that wants to stay.

OMEGAMAN said:
Good stuff Ricky, a lot to think about here. I really liked the episode.

I thought it was MIB manipulating the rope, giving Sawyer more of a reason to trust him after he almost fell.. And Saywer not knowing the scope of things, doesn't realize that he is being twisted into believing he was a pawn. He really is a special one but he would never look at it as this way.

About the lost-forum theory: it makes sense to me. But should we a.ssume that things end badly for everyone in the alternate universe then? Or it ends bad for the alternate universe itself? Otherwise what was the purpose for Jacob interfering? Because from the facts it would seem that Jacob is ruining everything for everyone by his interference. It would make it seem like Jacob is bad because this is what he seems to have ruined by stepping into their lives and leading them to the island.

Hurley seems happy, Locke is still miserable but may one day be happy, Claire will be happy with her baby, Jack seems to be okay, Rose has made peace with her cancer...
I think all of this further supports the idea that the alternate reality will end up being the real one. We see everyone who has died has found new life. Even minor characters are better off in this alternate reality.

This is true. I actually think Jack will make Locke walk again. < Quote me on this when it happens. You heard it here first.

I've said before the flash-sideways is season 7.

KarteL13 said:
f**k off. I've invested so much time watching this shiit. What, we found out that Jacob brought them to the Island? Well guess what, we found that s**t out LAST SEASON!

The Flash Sideways? Freaken snooze fest. Boring. Oooohhhh weeeee, Locke tore up Jack's card.

I've been a fan of LOST since I've first laid eyes on the pilot. Last season was epic and it felt more like a season finale then this crap fest. This episode was about nothing.

You idiot. You clearly have no idea what is going on. Not your fault. If you don't understand things then say so we will explain.

We find out that Jacob has brought the losties to protect the island and smokey is saying there is nothing to protect it is just an island. Smokey wants out. I'll bet smokey was one of the candiates chosen to protect the island then realised there is nothing to protect. This is why he is choosing Sawyer to be a replacement. (The Substitute).

KarteL13 said:
I'm a dumbass, fukk off. You're the same dumb fukk that thought HEROES Villains was good. Tell me, what was answered? What the fukk is going on? Jacob specifically picked people to come to the Island? Yeah, we figured that out last season. for what? What the fukk is this show about?

Tell me, at this point, during season 6, What the fukk is this show about?

Its fukken nonsense. A bunch of psuedo intellects that blog about absolute nonsense. Has a blogger ever got a theory on point? It's fukken crap. This shiit is starting to become a joke. The way last season was, the way they used time travel to answer a lot of the questions was clever. Season 5 was awesome. But this shiit is just....ehhhh, I dunno.
Show is about destiny and freewill. Who will win in a battle.
 8 years ago '04        #632
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
space
$19,406 | Props total: 4302 4302
makes sence that horace would be a candidate... it was always said yu can only find the island if your ment too.... horace as on of the leaders of dharma was the key link to them being able to find the island probably...

also.. kate's last name not being on that wall is interesting but if yu think about she never was important to begin with besides f**kin wit jack and sawyer and tagging along on missions wen no one wants her to come

and only one kwon... sun or jin? i orignally thought jin because that would make sence on why sun was not transported back in time... but then why wuld kate?

shepard also could be jack's dad? It is believed christian is dead. BUT we his body was missing from the coffin unlike locke... sooo maybe he could be a candiate? he does seem to know a lot about the island... but then again it could jus be MIB again... but whereee is his body!

also littleton's name was crossed off...aaron or claire?

and actully heres an either better thought... what if thats mib's cave and not jacobs cave... nd mib crosses their names off their lists as soon as their no longer an issue....

Last edited by Propel Water; 02-17-2010 at 09:02 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #633
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,980 | Props total: 3261 3261
 Wasted said:

We find out that Jacob has brought the losties to protect the island and smokey is saying there is nothing to protect it is just an island. Smokey wants out. I'll bet smokey was one of the candiates chosen to protect the island then realised there is nothing to protect. This is why he is choosing Sawyer to be a replacement. (The Substitute).

[/B]
Just because Flocke says things doesn't make them true. There's been numerous occasions on this show when characters have been wrong..Jacob brought the losties to protect the island..but what does that even mean? Finding out that tidbit of information doesn't really do anything right now.
 02-17-2010, 09:01 PM         #634
Shakespeare 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
They make a huge deal about Claire coming back last week and didn't even bring it up this week
 8 years ago '05        #635
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,456 | Props total: 7101 7101
 Propel Water said:
makes sence that horace would be a candidate... it was always said yu can only find the island if your ment too.... horace as on of the leaders of dharma was the key link to them being able to find the island probably...

also.. kate's last name not being on that wall is interesting but if yu think about she never was important to begin with besides f**kin wit jack and sawyer and tagging along on missions wen no one wants her to come

and only one kwon... sun or jin? i orignally thought jin because that would make sence on why sun was not transported back in time... but then why wuld kate?

shepard also could be jack's dad? It is believed christian is dead. BUT we his body was missing from the coffin unlike locke... sooo maybe he could be a candiate? he does seem to know a lot about the island... but then again it could jus be MIB again... but whereee is his body!

and actully heres an either better thought... what if thats mib's cave and not jacobs cave... nd mib crosses their names off their lists as soon as their no longer an issue....

I think that was pretty much like a conference room for the two of them. They'd meet up in there and discuss the moves that were being made in "the game."

Thats why the black and white rocks were on that scale. Could be wrong and it could have just been used by one of them. But when Locke throws the white rock and says "Its an inside joke." That leads me to believe that they were both aware of that little cave.
 8 years ago '05        #636
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,456 | Props total: 7101 7101
 lifesabeach said:
They make a huge deal about Claire coming back last week and didn't even bring it up this week
This weeks episode was about Locke. Last week didnt include Richard or Locke at all, it was about Jack and the temple.

Next week will probably be all about Jack and the temple people again, and not include Locke and them. They will probably rotate episodes until late in the season, and then merge the groups and let the war begin.

I mean, thats the logical a.ssumption.
 8 years ago '05        #637
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69
 Propel Water said:

Kate was important, they all are, otherwise she wouldn't be chosen to be on the island and last right up to season 6.

She could be number 108 but crossed off that we didn't see OR Jacob or MIB like you said could cross her name out later.

But I don't think she is a candidate as she doesn't care for the island, she didn't come back to save the island but to get Claire back to Aaron.
 02-17-2010, 11:04 PM         #638
Shakespeare 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't think Kate is really that important. Which is good because the Kate-centric episodes are always the most boring, her backstory sucks, and she just generally grinds my gears...but HOT DAMN.

[pic - click to view]

02-17-2010, 11:44 PM         #639
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^

Season 1 Episode 12 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Google it.
 8 years ago '04        #640
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,410 | Props total: 3471 3471
 lifesabeach said:
The thing that pissed me off the most was the writers trying to make Claire's return some sort of surprising moment that's supposed to blow everyone's mind.

Really.. Who couldn't see that coming?

But that being said, I've been a huge Lost critic but this season is easily living up to expectations. So far this season is one of my favorites (I thought S05 was garbage). And even though nothing substantial happened, Locke's flash-sideways or whatever was easily the most enjoyable and immersive "flash-anything" in a while for me. Just the contrast in his character between flashes was crazy, and how different he was.

Terry O'Quinn is easily the best actor in the series.

BTW, who is that Hispanic girl again? The one who was with Lipidis, Sun, Ben, etc.. I can't remember who she is or why she's on the island for the life of me.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
82 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
129 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
16 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
50 comments
1 day ago