LOST: The Final Season Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
89 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
205 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
80 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '09        #401
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
 Reppindaburghh said:
No. Those were the same timelines. They were just at different points of the same timeline.

What we are seeing now is alternate timelines because whats happening in the scenes with them in LA, is alternate from what happened in the original timeline that we viewed.

When Sawyer and them were in the 70's, they had ALWAYS went back in time to the 70's on that timeline. That wasnt alternate from anything that ever happened in that timeline. They were always supposed to go back in time, drop that bomb thus creating two alternate timelines, and then stay on the island in the original timeline and play out what we will witness them play out this season.

The scenes of them on the plane and at LAX ARE taking place in an alternate timeline from the original timeline that we witnessed the past 5 years watching Lost.
yeah word i stand corrected.
 8 years ago '09        #402
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
^^

I disagree. I dont think the creators had this ending in mind until near the end of season 3. Notice seasons 2 and 3 were kind of random, and then in season 4 it started building to the ultimate conclusion.

I think all great shows should have a set end-date. And tell that story from beggining to end through 5 seasons or so. Most shows nowadays go stale after a certain point because they do not have an end-date in mind.

Battlestar Galactica is the greatest television show of all time IMO (Lost will pass it if they pull this season off right.) and that is because when the very first episode of Battlestar aired, those writers already had the ending to the series planned out.
ive gotta check out battlestar galactica, i always a.ssumed it was almost a star trek ripoff but never gave it a chance and ive only heard great things about it.
 02-07-2010, 11:52 AM         #403
AbsLikeJesus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Wasted said:
Its like this. The Flash-sideways are real, they happen and is happening. What they are doing is playing it like orginal time-line is happening now and the flash-sideways is what will happen/should happen/is going to happen.
I think I figured it out.

I think the flash-sideways is a continuation of season 6. So it plays out like this. Season 6 ends, the great war is over, island sinks. This resets the time line and the Losties ends up on the plane in LAX. Jack has a cut on his neck from the battle he entailed on the island. Christian body is loss because MIB has it and he died with it? Locke loss his knife set because it was used to k!ll MIB or it is the same knife used by Ben to k!ll Jacob. This is what Julliet means by "it worked"?
Sorry but I can't believe this at all. WHY do you think the bolded part is going to happen? WHAT proof do you have for this? You and that other poster keep saying this point like its fact and the producers said this, I just want to know WHY you think this besides speculation.

How can Juliette say "It worked" and you use that to your point? That would mean Juliette went into the FUTURE when she was unconscience? You can't go into the future, first of all, because science doesn't allow that. If time travel were possible, going back might work but not forward. But forget the science, either way, LOST has never dealt with going into the future before AND they said that they wouldn't deal with time travel in season 6.

So basically what you think happens is Juliette sees the future where they are on the plane or whatever she was doing at the time and then she comes back to normal time and tells them it worked? LOST producers said they wouldn't deal with time travel of any sorts in season 6, how do you explain that?
 8 years ago '05        #404
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69
 AbsLikeJesus said:
Sorry but I can't believe this at all. WHY do you think the bolded part is going to happen? WHAT proof do you have for this? You and that other poster keep saying this point like its fact and the producers said this, I just want to know WHY you think this besides speculation.

How can Juliette say "It worked" and you use that to your point? That would mean Juliette went into the FUTURE when she was unconscience? You can't go into the future, first of all, because science doesn't allow that. If time travel were possible, going back might work but not forward. But forget the science, either way, LOST has never dealt with going into the future before AND they said that they wouldn't deal with time travel in season 6.

So basically what you think happens is Juliette sees the future where they are on the plane or whatever she was doing at the time and then she comes back to normal time and tells them it worked? LOST producers said they wouldn't deal with time travel of any sorts in season 6, how do you explain that?
Ok Juliet not the best example. The flash-sideways timeline isn't the "future" as such, its a continuation of 2004 during the boarding of flight 815. That's how I see it. When we watch the flash-sideways I believe we are watching what is going to happen after the Season 6 finale. So no one is time-travelling as such.
 8 years ago '04        #405
jem120690 16 heat pts16
space
space
$1,457 | Props total: 127 127
 AbsLikeJesus said:

Don't be so quick to the jump. Lost producers said they wouldn't deal wit "time travel" in a tehcnical aspect. We should know by now not to take their words at face value cuz they twist them s**ts all the time. The point with Juliet is, when she was rambling about "lets get coffee" to sawyer and he's confused as f**k, think of what happened to Desmond after he didn't push the button, how he could see into the future and s**t. While Juliet might not be seeing into the "future", she might be jumping back and forth between parallel timelines in her brain when she was talking that nonsense.
 02-07-2010, 01:16 PM         #406
AbsLikeJesus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jem120690 said:
Don't be so quick to the jump. Lost producers said they wouldn't deal wit "time travel" in a tehcnical aspect. We should know by now not to take their words at face value cuz they twist them s**ts all the time. The point with Juliet is, when she was rambling about "lets get coffee" to sawyer and he's confused as f**k, think of what happened to Desmond after he didn't push the button, how he could see into the future and s**t. While Juliet might not be seeing into the "future", she might be jumping back and forth between parallel timelines in her brain when she was talking that nonsense.

This is what I believe...But if this is the case, then she isn't seeing into the future. She is technically looking into the past because LAX scenes are in 2004. And what happened to Desmond was completely different. He was seeing the future as little flashes, he couldn't talk in them or control it, he was just a viewer. What happened to Juliette is exactly what happened to Charlotte; mind criss-crossing between timelines. Charlotte was saying things ilke "I'm not supposed to have chocolate before dinner", etc. Both looking into the past AND living it. Desmond simply viewed the future.
 8 years ago '05        #407
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,467 | Props total: 7116 7116
 Ricky Towel said:
ive gotta check out battlestar galactica, i always a.ssumed it was almost a star trek ripoff but never gave it a chance and ive only heard great things about it.
Dude I thought it'd be TERRIBLE. But my MAIN TV consultant, whos word I trust more then anybody elses INSISTED that I watched it. Download the 3 hour miniseries that aired before the show. It goes miniseries, then season 1, then season 2, etc, etc. Make SURE you watch the miniseries first. Download that s**t right now, you will be hooked. When I started watchin this I did nothin else. I'm talkin about I would watch EIGHT episodes in a row on a f**kin tuesday night, stayin up till 5 AM n s**t.

Its that f**kin good.

Best show ever, imo. Lost is commin on strong though for that title. But I dunno if it can possibly surpass it for me.
 8 years ago '05        #408
space
space
 AbsLikeJesus said:

I agree with you that what they are sayin is probably bulls**t.

But, technically, time travel into the future is theoretically possible. And scienctists totally agree that it is POSSIBLE. Although we'll likely never gain the technology to do something that amazing. Time travel into the future would actually be much easier then time travel into the past. (I say much easier, lol, but they are both still INCREDIBLY far away from happening, if they do ever happen.)

But I do agree with the point of your post. I definetly think we are viewing alternate timelines here. I understand why the writers are annoyed with people referring to it as that, because they think for some reason that alternate suggests one is not real. I do not have any clue why the f**k they look at it that way though. I mean, science suggests that there are an infinite amount of parallel or "alternate" universes out there. They are no less real then the one we are having this conversation in right now.

I kind of see where you guys are commin from with your logic, I especially like that part about Christians coffin being missing because something will happen to him this season, and Lockes knives missing from the plane because he uses them for something essential to the storyline, that was a very good point and that may actually be what happens. And the scratch on Jacks neck does probably have some type of meaning.

But I still would like to believe that these are alternate timelines, and that we arent witnessing "season 7" and season 6 at the same time.
 8 years ago '05        #409
space
space
 AbsLikeJesus said:
This is what I believe...But if this is the case, then she isn't seeing into the future. She is technically looking into the past because LAX scenes are in 2004. And what happened to Desmond was completely different. He was seeing the future as little flashes, he couldn't talk in them or control it, he was just a viewer. What happened to Juliette is exactly what happened to Charlotte; mind criss-crossing between timelines. Charlotte was saying things ilke "I'm not supposed to have chocolate before dinner", etc. Both looking into the past AND living it. Desmond simply viewed the future.
What they are inferring is that she is looking into THESE characters futures, and what will happen to THEM in THEIR future.

Although, i'm with YOU. I believe this is alt timelines.
 8 years ago '05        #410
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69
 Reppindaburghh said:
I agree with you that what they are sayin is probably bulls**t.

But, technically, time travel into the future is theoretically possible. And scienctists totally agree that it is POSSIBLE. Although we'll likely never gain the technology to do something that amazing. Time travel into the future would actually be much easier then time travel into the past. (I say much easier, lol, but they are both still INCREDIBLY far away from happening, if they do ever happen.)

But I do agree with the point of your post. I definetly think we are viewing alternate timelines here. I understand why the writers are annoyed with people referring to it as that, because they think for some reason that alternate suggests one is not real. I do not have any clue why the f**k they look at it that way though. I mean, science suggests that there are an infinite amount of parallel or "alternate" universes out there. They are no less real then the one we are having this conversation in right now.

I kind of see where you guys are commin from with your logic, I especially like that part about Christians coffin being missing because something will happen to him this season, and Lockes knives missing from the plane because he uses them for something essential to the storyline, that was a very good point and that may actually be what happens. And the scratch on Jacks neck does probably have some type of meaning.

But I still would like to believe that these are alternate timelines, and that we arent witnessing "season 7" and season 6 at the same time.

But I think we ARE witnessing season 7. Like I said it is a continuation. Must be. Are you guys thinking an alternative time-line is a totally different time-line? That has nothing to do with the story? Or it doesn't exists?
 8 years ago '09        #411
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
Dude I thought it'd be TERRIBLE. But my MAIN TV consultant, whos word I trust more then anybody elses INSISTED that I watched it. Download the 3 hour miniseries that aired before the show. It goes miniseries, then season 1, then season 2, etc, etc. Make SURE you watch the miniseries first. Download that s**t right now, you will be hooked. When I started watchin this I did nothin else. I'm talkin about I would watch EIGHT episodes in a row on a f**kin tuesday night, stayin up till 5 AM n s**t.

Its that f**kin good.

Best show ever, imo. Lost is commin on strong though for that title. But I dunno if it can possibly surpass it for me.
downloading the miniseries right now, my stepfather has everything else on dvd so ill borrow season one from him next time im over there.
 8 years ago '05        #412
space
space
 Wasted said:

But I think we ARE witnessing season 7. Like I said it is a continuation. Must be. Are you guys thinking an alternative time-line is a totally different time-line? That has nothing to do with the story? Or it doesn't exists?
I believe it has nothing to do with the story. I obviously do believe it exists. Its real. Its just alternate from this timeline and has nothing to do with this time line.

I believe we are witnessing what DID happen to the characters we've come to know throughout the past 5 seasons in one time-line. And what COULD have happened to the characters if the plane never crashed.

That was the goal all along, they wanted to reset it, so they wouldnt remember the island and the plane just never crashed. It worked. But these characters dont just cease to exist in the current time-line, vanish into thin air. They still exist. They did fix what happened, just in another time-line. An alternate or parallel timeline.

Although I can see it going your way, as well. The more and more I think about it, what you are trying to say does make pretty good sense.

Oh well, cant f**kin wait till Tuesday!
 8 years ago '07        #413
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418 OP
space
space
$18,667 | Props total: 4418 4418
Shoudn't we try to agree on some basics here instead of twisting our brains out of control in order to try and see things that aren't there?

1) MiB=Smoke Monster. "You found your loop hole" is evidence enough, right?
2) UnLocke=Smoke monster. "I'm sorry you had to see me like that". "What is about to come out of that jungle is something I can't control." - enter UnLocke.
3) Christian=MiB=Smoke Monster. Jacob hasn't lived in the cabin for awhile, the ash circle is broken. Christian dwells in the cabin. Christians is dead and on the island. Christian helps John fulfill his destiny (to die).

I have so many more of these on other subjects but let's keep this about MiB/Smoke Monster.
 02-07-2010, 05:23 PM         #414
AbsLikeJesus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PuBSTaR GaMiNG said:
Shoudn't we try to agree on some basics here instead of twisting our brains out of control in order to try and see things that aren't there?

1) MiB=Smoke Monster. "You found your loop hole" is evidence enough, right?
2) UnLocke=Smoke monster. "I'm sorry you had to see me like that". "What is about to come out of that jungle is something I can't control." - enter UnLocke.
3) Christian=MiB=Smoke Monster. Jacob hasn't lived in the cabin for awhile, the ash circle is broken. Christian dwells in the cabin. Christians is dead and on the island. Christian helps John fulfill his destiny (to die).

I have so many more of these on other subjects but let's keep this about MiB/Smoke Monster.
How many times you gonna copy from Lostpedia? I don't know if it was you earlier but there are plenty of people copying from lostpedia and pasting it here as their own ideas.

Anyways, only the first 2 points are true, we don't know anything about Christian yet at all. You are just a.ssuming it's MIB but we have no proof other than he was seen walking around.
 8 years ago '07        #415
space
space
 AbsLikeJesus said:
How many times you gonna copy from Lostpedia?

You my old college professor or something? Didn't know we need Works Cited pages on BX.
 8 years ago '09        #416
space
space
hahahah lost gifs are the s**t, where do people get these?
 8 years ago '04        #417
goke11429 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,252 | Props total: 12 12
need da budlight lost-spoof superbowl commericial
 8 years ago '06        #418
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,791 | Props total: 2322 2322
Im not sure if Christian Shepherd is Smoke Monster quite yet.
We still need some more evidence/claire-ificaton :wink: for that theory cuz we still dont know what happened to his body from the casket and what happened to Claire.
 8 years ago '07        #419
space
space
 modalee81 said:
claire-ificaton :wink:
I like what you did there...
 02-07-2010, 10:07 PM         #420
EMS the God 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AbsLikeJesus said:

i feel what you're saying but the argument of stuff not being possible is such a hollow argument..i mean whens the last time in real life you say ANY of the things from this TV SHOW happen????? so i dont think what could logically happen has anything to do with how they write the show necessarily...they keep it realistic but theres alot of unrealistic and impossible things that happen each episode...so whats real doesnt necessarily mean anything in that argument
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
88 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
57 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
4 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
66 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy