LOST: The Final Season Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
20 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
81 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
21 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #381
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,783 | Props total: 2277 2277
 KarteL13 said:
Nahh man, Jack was handling Sawyer fair and square. It wasn't until Sawyer started getting grimey (yeah, everything goes in a street f!ght) with the sticks and dirt that Sawyer got the upper hand.
Wrong. Sawyer was f**king pounding Jacks pathetic face in to a bloody pulp until Juliet forced him to stop.
 8 years ago '08        #382
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
 modalee81 said:
Wrong. Sawyer was f**king pounding Jacks pathetic face in to a bloody pulp until Juliet forced him to stop.
Did you read my post? Sawyer was getting handled until he pulled that sneaky shiit and hit Jack with a stick or something. When it was just hands, Jack was whoopin on his a.ss.

Kind of like Optimus Prime whoopin on Megatron until Megatron got dirty with it.
 8 years ago '06        #383
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
 KarteL13 said:
Did you read my post? Sawyer was getting handled until he pulled that sneaky shiit and hit Jack with a stick or something. When it was just hands, Jack was whoopin on his a.ss.

Kind of like Optimus Prime whoopin on Megatron until Megatron got dirty with it.
that doesnt mean s**t the fact is that Sawyer won the f!ght as usual against Jack. Also Sawyer using dirty tactics to win just adds to his badass factor
 02-06-2010, 05:03 PM         #384
AbsLikeJesus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KarteL13 said:
Let's be real here. The show is bulls**t. It's a bunch of pseudo-intellectual s**t that the nerd in us love. Its damn entertaining but at the same time, half of the shiit is just corny shiit that us viewers are eating up.

Its kind of like The Matrix Reloaded. The first Matrix movie was a masterpiece. Just like the first season of Lost is. But then they upped the anti and made it more complex for us to discuss by the water cooler in order for us to think its smart.

In the end, its all crap. But damn entertaining.
I disagree. The creators had a basic premise of what the show was about and they never once lost their way. They didn't think of only season 1 in the beginning and then think of a way to make a season 2, 3, etc. They created the whole story as one and broke it up into season 1. I think you just liked the plot in season 1 more because there was a mysterious element to it that couldn't be matched and it was just a bunch of questions, no answers at the time. As the story progressed, new questions and answers arise and all of a sudden, not all of them are as entertaining to you as they were for whatever reason.

Lost has helped create very solid themes and it has truly become ART much like films have. There is no other show that can combine so many characters and their developments, themes, images and symbols and other literary devices as LOST has.
 8 years ago '05        #385
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,443 | Props total: 7086 7086
^^

I disagree. I dont think the creators had this ending in mind until near the end of season 3. Notice seasons 2 and 3 were kind of random, and then in season 4 it started building to the ultimate conclusion.

I think all great shows should have a set end-date. And tell that story from beggining to end through 5 seasons or so. Most shows nowadays go stale after a certain point because they do not have an end-date in mind.

Battlestar Galactica is the greatest television show of all time IMO (Lost will pass it if they pull this season off right.) and that is because when the very first episode of Battlestar aired, those writers already had the ending to the series planned out.
 8 years ago '08        #386
KarteL13 
space
space
space
 AbsLikeJesus said:
I disagree. The creators had a basic premise of what the show was about and they never once lost their way. They didn't think of only season 1 in the beginning and then think of a way to make a season 2, 3, etc. They created the whole story as one and broke it up into season 1. I think you just liked the plot in season 1 more because there was a mysterious element to it that couldn't be matched and it was just a bunch of questions, no answers at the time. As the story progressed, new questions and answers arise and all of a sudden, not all of them are as entertaining to you as they were for whatever reason.

Lost has helped create very solid themes and it has truly become ART much like films have. There is no other show that can combine so many characters and their developments, themes, images and symbols and other literary devices as LOST has.
I won't comment much until the show ends. All I care about the show now is what the damn thing is about.

And IMO, the questions are out weighing the answers. Like I said, I'll just wait before I actually give my full opinion.
 8 years ago '06        #387
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
Naw the writers have said many times that they already knew what they wanted the show to be and what the beginning middle and end would be. At the end of season 2 ABC let them give a definitive date when the show would end (Season 6) which allowed them to follow thorugh with their original plan.
 8 years ago '08        #388
KarteL13 
space
space
space
One thing that kind of bugs me:

The season 5 finale had us believing that Jacob purposely brought everyone to the Island. He went around touching everyone because he wanted to make a point to the man in black.

But in the prior seasons, Desmond was the reason they all landed on the Island as it was all in accident (The Hatch momentarily going off).

So what I'm trying to figure out is, was it an accident or was it planned out?
 8 years ago '05        #389
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69
Yeah they already had the end written. All the stuff in the middle are stretched so each season had enough fillers. If you think about it, do we really need a whole episode on each individual character? Not really. Considering we don't know anything about Libby, Ilana, Bram, MIB, Elloise, how the others came to the island, etc etc. The story has done very well.

So in short, Lost could have been finished in 3 seasons but ABC asked for it to be extended because it was doing so well. I for one think it can still continue on for another 3 season easily. The way the writers are stretching the story has made what Lost is today. A great journey for the cast and the viewers.
 8 years ago '06        #390
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
 KarteL13 said:

The season 5 finale had us believing that Jacob purposely brought everyone to the Island. He went around touching everyone because he wanted to make a point to the man in black.

But in the prior seasons, Desmond was the reason they all landed on the Island as it was all in accident (The Hatch momentarily going off).

So what I'm trying to figure out is, was it an accident or was it planned out?
One of the themes of Lost has been destiny/fate and since we all see Jacob touch them we can a.ssume that they were meant to be on the island and how they got there (through the plane crash caused by Desmonds hatch button) is just the way fate had them get there. Remember not anyone can find the island they need the right bearing so for the plane to crash there even with the button not being pressed means it was meant to be.
 8 years ago '08        #391
KarteL13 
space
space
space
 Wasted said:
Yeah they already had the end written. All the stuff in the middle are stretched so each season had enough fillers. If you think about it, do we really need a whole episode on each individual character? Not really. Considering we don't know anything about Libby, Ilana, Bram, MIB, Elloise, how the others came to the island, etc etc. The story has done very well.

So in short, Lost could have been finished in 3 seasons but ABC asked for it to be extended because it was doing so well. I for one think it can still continue on for another 3 season easily. The way the writers are stretching the story has made what Lost is today. A great journey for the cast and the viewers.
Actually, it was originally intended to go 5 seasons. That was the whole plan all along. But the writer strike forced them to stretch it out.
 8 years ago '04        #392
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
space
$19,396 | Props total: 4287 4287
 KarteL13 said:

Thats all speculation.... for all we no everytime he touched them they gained herpes

him touching them bringing them to the island is all a.ssumption and no factual evidence to back that up...
 8 years ago '07        #393
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418 OP
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 4416 4416
 stillers09 said:
when is the richard alpert episode? is there even one?
There is Richard episode...

06x09
Episode Title: Ab Aeterno (Since the beginning of time.)
Centricity: Richard Alpert
Air Date: 23rd March 2010
 8 years ago '07        #394
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418 OP
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 4416 4416
While I know it would be ridiculously difficult to refer to the new reality we are being shown in any other way than ALT or AR, I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on what the producers think about it.

In the first audio podcast re-hash of LA X, their conversation goes like this at 4:55. With regard to the flash-sideways:

Damon: Just one clarification, I think a lot of people are referring to these things as an "alternate" timeline. And we want to go out of our way to basically not use that word. We are not interested in "alternate" anything, "alternate" realities, "alternate" timelines.
Carlton: Or the word "bizarro" a.ssociated with the show in any fashion.
Damon: Exactly. To basically imply that one of these timelines that, either on the island or off the island, is less than REAL is [sarcastic] borderline offensive to me, Carlton.
Carlton: [Laughter]
Damon: They are both equally real, and hopefully will reconcile in some way.

[pic - click to view]

I am stuck on the ALT is actually a continuation of S6 finale, it's quite possible that these are events that did actually happen and will make sense in context...kinda like the opening scene of S5 didn't fall into context until one of the last episodes of the season - though obviously this situation is a little more complex

My other issue is people saying that season 1-5 are somehow getting negated or erased, when in actuality, if the events of those prior seasons HADN'T played out the way they did, the events we're literally seeing now week to week during S6 wouldn't be happening the way they are.
 8 years ago '08        #395
KarteL13 
space
space
space
 Propel Water said:
Thats all speculation.... for all we no everytime he touched them they gained herpes

him touching them bringing them to the island is all a.ssumption and no factual evidence to back that up...
Well, considering that he actually in fact did bring the black rock boat in the beginning of the finale, its safe to say he brought the current cast aways as well.
 02-06-2010, 11:58 PM         #396
EMS the God 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so LOST.....lovin it tho
 8 years ago '05        #397
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69
Its like this. The Flash-sideways are real, they happen and is happening. What they are doing is playing it like orginal time-line is happening now and the flash-sideways is what will happen/should happen/is going to happen.

I think I figured it out.

I think the flash-sideways is a continuation of season 6. So it plays out like this. Season 6 ends, the great war is over, island sinks. This resets the time line and the Losties ends up on the plane in LAX. Jack has a cut on his neck from the battle he entailed on the island. Christian body is loss because MIB has it and he died with it? Locke loss his knife set because it was used to k!ll MIB or it is the same knife used by Ben to k!ll Jacob. This is what Julliet means by "it worked"?

Last edited by Wasted; 02-07-2010 at 06:27 AM..
 8 years ago '09        #398
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #399
Krypt 3 heat pts
space
space
$8,318 | Props total: 266 266
 Ricky Towel said: