LOST: The Final Season Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
129 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #361
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418 OP
space
space
$18,659 | Props total: 4410 4410
A few on here are saying that what we saw for half of the LA X episode was an Alternate Time Line. I'm thinking this may not be the case at all. I have the feeling that this may be a continuation of what will transpire in the last minutes of the LOST season finale.

It seems obvious that Jack has recognition of events that have taken place on the island, but hasn't put it together yet. He also has a cut on his neck. What if at the end of season 6 there is some type of flash and Jack alone is transferred to a timeline in which things are slightly changed from the LOST world we know. The thing that will make the audience realize that he is being transferred to this timeline is that he will have received the cut on his neck while still in the 2007 timeline, possibly within the final few minutes of the finale. If it is done right, I could see it being amazing. Anyone else with this?
 8 years ago '05        #362
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69
Yeah I see how that can happen. Great war will cause a reset and everyone ends up in 2004 flash-sideways (which is the real time line) the time line we see NOW is the flash-sideways timeline.

The flash-sideways is basically Season 7.

8 years ago '07        #363
Welsh! 
space
space
$5,541 | Props total: 39 39
first hour was s**t, 2nd was amazing.

All I want to see is Sawyer be a bad a.ss again in this final season, f**k everything else
 8 years ago '06        #364
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,780 | Props total: 2260 2260
Sawyer was a badass last season as Lafleur and he kicked Jacks a.ss in the season finale and then proceeded to whoop his a.ss this seasons premiere.
 8 years ago '07        #365
Welsh! 
space
space
$5,541 | Props total: 39 39
Sawyer hasnt been bad a.ss since he got all loved up with Kate then Juliet
 8 years ago '04        #366
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 4282 4282
 PuBSTaR GaMiNG said:

Why do you watch the show? Serious question.
see yu need to understand sumtin i love this show... but for the smoke monster too change into a bunch of those spiders and bite the b**ch.... why do that? when ever has the smoke monster k!lled someone while not in its true form?

why all the sudden... would it jus bite her and paralyze her...

its totally out of character for it to do that....

thats all im saying...

and im pretty sure the reason alllll those spiders came... was because he k!lled the first one...and all the guts and poision that was smushed brought the spiders to the area... i culda sworn Artz mentioned something like that...
 8 years ago '04        #367
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 4282 4282
 PuBSTaR GaMiNG said:
A few on here are saying that what we saw for half of the LA X episode was an Alternate Time Line. I'm thinking this may not be the case at all. I have the feeling that this may be a continuation of what will transpire in the last minutes of the LOST season finale.

It seems obvious that Jack has recognition of events that have taken place on the island, but hasn't put it together yet. He also has a cut on his neck. What if at the end of season 6 there is some type of flash and Jack alone is transferred to a timeline in which things are slightly changed from the LOST world we know. The thing that will make the audience realize that he is being transferred to this timeline is that he will have received the cut on his neck while still in the 2007 timeline, possibly within the final few minutes of the finale. If it is done right, I could see it being amazing. Anyone else with this?
thats actully a very good theory.
 8 years ago '05        #368
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
 Propel Water said:
see yu need to understand sumtin i love this show... but for the smoke monster too change into a bunch of those spiders and bite the b**ch.... why do that? when ever has the smoke monster k!lled someone while not in its true form?

thats all im saying...

and im pretty sure the reason alllll those spiders came... was because he k!lled the first one...and all the guts and poision that was smushed brought the spiders to the area... i culda sworn Artz mentioned something like that...
Yeah Artz caught one and named it a Medusa spider. I do agree its out of character for smokey to change into an animal. But who knows. I don't like smokey changing into a animals either.

Last edited by Wasted; 02-05-2010 at 06:50 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #369
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
 Welsh! said:
Sawyer hasnt been bad a.ss since he got all loved up with Kate then Juliet

So your going to ignore the various bad a.ss things hes done since he hooked up with Kate? I will admit that i never bought his relationship with Juliet but he was still a badass during Dharma time.
 8 years ago '07        #370
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418 OP
space
space
$18,659 | Props total: 4410 4410
 Propel Water said:

thats all im saying...

I agree it is def. a stretch, but since TPTB confirmed it was the Smoke Monster we have to accept it and roll with it, That doesn't take anything away from the show.
 8 years ago '05        #371
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,442 | Props total: 7081 7081
 PuBSTaR GaMiNG said:

Its already been confirmed by the writers of the show that this season is alternate timelines.
 8 years ago '06        #372
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
Its already been confirmed by the writers of the show that this season is alternate timelines.
They specifically said that they are not using the word alternate because that suggests that one is not real.
 02-06-2010, 02:49 AM         #373
AbsLikeJesus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 modalee81 said:
They specifically said that they are not using the word alternate because that suggests that one is not real.

Either way, there are two timelines.

The creators like to use sarcasm alot, to those that think the spider is MIB, please, get real. That would be at the bottom of the priority list to transform into a spider.
 8 years ago '09        #374
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
i dont think the word alternate in the phrase "alternate timelines" suggests that one isnt real. when sawyer and them were in the 70's and sun and lapidus were in the current time that was alternate timelines but both were real.

alternate realities suggests one isnt real.
 8 years ago '05        #375
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
They said the term flash-sideways is better.
 8 years ago '05        #376
space
space
 Ricky Towel said:
i dont think the word alternate in the phrase "alternate timelines" suggests that one isnt real. when sawyer and them were in the 70's and sun and lapidus were in the current time that was alternate timelines but both were real.

No. Those were the same timelines. They were just at different points of the same timeline.

What we are seeing now is alternate timelines because whats happening in the scenes with them in LA, is alternate from what happened in the original timeline that we viewed.

When Sawyer and them were in the 70's, they had ALWAYS went back in time to the 70's on that timeline. That wasnt alternate from anything that ever happened in that timeline. They were always supposed to go back in time, drop that bomb thus creating two alternate timelines, and then stay on the island in the original timeline and play out what we will witness them play out this season.

The scenes of them on the plane and at LAX ARE taking place in an alternate timeline from the original timeline that we witnessed the past 5 years watching Lost.
 8 years ago '05        #377
space
space
 Ricky Towel said:

However your second part, your correct. Alternate timelines does NOT suggest one is real and one isnt. How could you possibly interpret it that way? Alternate realities, however, would suggest that.

Go back a few pages and read the two articles I posted.
 8 years ago '05        #378
space
space
 Wasted said:
They said the term flash-sideways is better.
They said that term is better because we are used to the terms flash-back and flash-forward, so flash-sideways fits for the theme of Lost.

All that is is a code word for switching back and forth between alternate timelines.
 8 years ago '08        #379
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
 modalee81 said:
Sawyer was a badass last season as Lafleur and he kicked Jacks a.ss in the season finale and then proceeded to whoop his a.ss this seasons premiere.
Nahh man, Jack was handling Sawyer fair and square. It wasn't until Sawyer started getting grimey (yeah, everything goes in a street f!ght) with the sticks and dirt that Sawyer got the upper hand.
 8 years ago '08        #380
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
 Propel Water said:

thats all im saying...

Let's be real here. The show is bulls**t. It's a bunch of pseudo-intellectual s**t that the nerd in us love. Its damn entertaining but at the same time, half of the shiit is just corny shiit that us viewers are eating up.

Its kind of like The Matrix Reloaded. The first Matrix movie was a masterpiece. Just like the first season of Lost is. But then they upped the anti and made it more complex for us to discuss by the water cooler in order for us to think its smart.

In the end, its all crap. But damn entertaining.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
75 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
66 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Best Upcoming Horror Movies 2018 (Trailer)
25 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy