Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
261 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #3081
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,443 | Props total: 7086 7086
 modalee81 said:
no they didnt your just inferring thats the answer based on your opinion. There was no definitive answers given for those questions on the show.
They left it open for speculation. Which is why Lost is the GOAT show for me and many others. People that want every little detail explained to them to the T obviously will not have been satisfied with the route the writers took. People that like open ended endings where different people can interpret things differently, are the ones who loved Lost and loved the Finale.
 8 years ago '05        #3082
space
space
 BlaznHizzle said:
what i don't get is why does it even matter if their all dead anyway?
why does locke need to remember anything for?
Its the concept of Purgatory. They are all subconsciously convincing themselves that they never died. It is not until being around something/someone very familiar to them in the most important moments of there lives (For these characters that would be their time on the island.) in order to realize that they did in fact die on the island, and it is at that point that they are able to let go and pass over into the real afterlife (Heaven for instance.).

That is the entire point the flash-sideways were depicting to you. Not sure how you did not catch that.
 05-31-2010, 03:07 PM         #3083
The Muffin Man 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
they made Lost up as they went along....some are trying to make it more than it really is to justify watching it for 6 years

people must of forgot back in season 2 when they said they changed the story before filming to reflect viewer responses
 8 years ago '05        #3084
space
space
 2wavy said:
OK im not going to read everything in this thread....... but I AM LOST......... and the final show gave me too many unanswered questions.........

AT THE END OF THE DAY.........

your telling me the whole show of 6 years was to find out that they are actually dead and in heaven? thats it?
Whats wrong with that? I dont understand why that angers you. All the human characters in every TV show or movie you have ever watched eventually die, whether they show it in the film or not.

what was the whole point of the island? when did the events actually happen? was in in a different life time or what?
What do you mean when did the events happen? They happened in 2004. Why would they have happened in a different life time? The only time that they were not in 2004 is when they were jumping through time. The events in Purgatory may have taken place a millisecond after Jack closed his eyes, or 8 million years after Jack closed his eyes seeing as how time is irrelevant in the afterlife.

why was jacob trying to "protect" it..... and why was the man in black trying to destroy it?
The man in black was trying to destroy the island because apparently that would set him free. Unfortunatly for him, it also turned him mortal which he did not anticipate, and Jack k!lled him. Jacob was trying to protect it, because as was blatantly explained by his crazy mother, if that light was released the world would cease to exist. Think: Armageddon.

what was Charles Widmore main goal? it seemed like he was a big deal but then he just suddenly k!lled and thats it.
He was also trying to protect the island.

what was the point of showing them on the island, and then in real life? (surviving the second plane ride - constantly switching in between)
The flash-sideways or "real life" as you call it was purgatory. This is common knowledge. The things you were seeing in the island timeline were real life, that was how they lived out the last moments of their lives, and eventually died. (For most of them.)

where did they actually "die".. on the plane crash, island, or real life???
Everyone died as you saw them die. Jack died at the end. Charlie died in the sub. Boone died in the forest. They all died the way you watched them die. The only ones who's deaths were not explained were the people who left on the plane at the very end, and Hurley/Ben/Desmond. You can interpret your own deaths for them.

i have more questions as u can see.. i am honestly lost in what the point of the show was considering how it ended.
Hope my responses are more satisfying for you.

Last edited by ReppinDaBurghh; 05-31-2010 at 09:29 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #3085
space
space
 modalee81 said:
No 50% of those questions were not answered on the show and your explanation of the island is wack. The Island has shown to have unbelievable mysterious powers and even in the heart of the island there were markings and hieroglyphics. There needed to be A LOT more about the Island and its origins.

Seriously the people saying that most of the questions were answered are dumbasses because there were clearly many things that were just not covered even though they were pretty big story arcs such as :

What was the island, why did it have these special powers its origins, and the original inhabitants?
The original inhabitants are not relevant to the story. If they showed you who was there before the characters of Lost, you would want to know who was there before them. And them, and them, etc. Irrelevant to the story of the show you just watched. Why the island had special powers is not fully explained, but you can a.ssume it has something to do with the fact that the key to human existence is in the heart of the island.

the Dharma initiative purpose?
To study the island and harness its "powers" and use them for science.

Jacobs/MIBs "Mother"?
This is not even a question, its a statement. But i'll a.ssume you are asking who gave her the powers? As I said if they answered that, then you'd want to know who gave them the powers. And them, and them, etc. Useless information to the story at hand. If you are speaking of his actual mother, her ship crashed near the island and she swam to shore.

What was the Egyptian connection?
Again, this has nothing to do with the story of the show. Why would they explain this? While I do agree that it would have been pretty cool to see, it is irrelevant. This show was a story about Jack and company, they can make a spin-off in a few years about the Egyptians and tell us there story (They wont.). That would be a different show. This show was about the characters that we watched, not the Egyptians.

what the f**k happened to Christian Shepards body?,
This is simply a case of the writers not realizing what route they wanted to take with the smoke monster taking forms of peoples body. As has been stated many times in this thread, they were winging it in the first couple seasons. They were just trying to force a bunch of mysteries onto us to get us intrigued. It was not until the later seasons that they truly had a direction. Thats why I do not understand how people liked the earlier seasons where they were winging it better then the later seasons when they were headed in a specific direction. I prefer seasons 5 and 6 over seasons 1 and 2, and I know i'm in the minority.

why did the Others take Walt? why was he special?
The Walt debate is like beating a dead horse. They had a storyline planned for him but had to scrap it because of his growth spurt. Bad casting. Any questions involving Walt are irrelevant seeing as how they were forced to write him out of the show.

why was there food drops still being made on the Island?
Desmond

what was Desmond immune to the laws of time travel?
As the other guy said, it was just a power he had. Just like Miles could hear dead people or Hurley could see them. It is a television show after all.

who the f**ks cabin was that and who was living in it since we know it wasnt Jacob?
MIB

what were the f**king rules that Ben and Widemore talk about and the rules that MIB and Jacob talk about?
Like he said, rules amongst gentlemen.

who was shooting at the Losties during the time flashes on the boat?
This did kind of p!ss me off that they did not explain this. When it first happened I thought in a later episode we would see Sawyer and them doing the shooting as opposed to being shot at. This is when they were time traveling, so would have been possible. Would have been pretty cool to see them from both perspectives. But you just a.ssume it was the Others that were doing the shooting.

what the f**k was up with the Ash and why did it repel the Smoke Monster?
May have just simply been ashes that Jacob had put a spell on or "blessed." Kind of like holy water keeping a vampire out.

why did they have to recreate the exact circumstances of 815 on Ajira to get back the island?
Because Eloise said so. I dont know exactly, but they were "brought" to the island for a reason and maybe this is the way they are telling the island that they want to come back.

what was the infection and why did it play no part at all in anything?
The infection of who? Sayyid? Apparently it just gave him a bit more of an edge of evil. He ended up being strong-willed enough to break the curse and sacrifice himself on the sub.

These are the main questions that should have been answered during the series yet they werent and instead we spent half of the final season watching a pointless alt reality that was actually purgatory created by the Losties.
That was the way they decided to wrap up the show, yes. I have no problem with that.

Dont get me wrong I loved the show and its still the greatest show ever and my favorite all time but it pisses me off how they finished it without addressing some of the fundamental questions.
My OPINIONS.
 8 years ago '05        #3086
space
space
Now, I want to say that this will be my final post in this thread, but we all know thats not the case. But in closing, I just wanted to say that YES there were several flaws in the writing. Especially in the earlier seasons, they were just bringing up mystery after mystery and not understanding that they could not possibly squeeze all the answers into these final seasons. BUT, ALL shows have writing flaws. Every single show ever developed has some writing flaws. There will, most likely, NEVER be a show that lasts 6 seasons that has no writing flaws. Some things the writers just plain f**ked up on (Christian being on the freighter is one of them.).

In the earlier seasons they were winging it and I was very pleased with them at least attempting to answer the majority of those questions when they really did not have to.

Lost, at the end of the day, is my #1 all-time show. If you hate on it, OK cool, thats whatever. My #2 show all time is Battlestar Galactica, and plenty of people hate on that to. #3's Sopranos, plenty of people hate on that to and especially hate on the finale. Every show has fans, and every show has people that hated them. I just do not understand the logic of people in this very thread that are going out of there way to BASH a show repeatedly. I mean I understand the guys who pop in once and say "Hated it" and never post again. But if you truly hated the finale or the show in general (Lookin at you Kartell. You claim the show was TERRIBLE. Even Worlds Strangest one of the biggest haters of the finale in this thread admits the show was still fantastic as a whole.) then why are you in this thread? No beef with any of you, i'm just curious.

Anyway, like I said I want this to be my last post but I know at least one reply to one of the things I just posted is gonna make me post a few more times.

Last edited by ReppinDaBurghh; 05-31-2010 at 09:33 PM..
 8 years ago '08        #3087
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
 Reppindaburghh said:
They left it open for speculation. Which is why Lost is the GOAT show for me and many others. People that want every little detail explained to them to the T obviously will not have been satisfied with the route the writers took. People that like open ended endings where different people can interpret things differently, are the ones who loved Lost and loved the Finale.
lol @ leaving it up for speculation equaling LOST being a GOAT show.

That's what makes it a joke. They had no idea where they were going. They just threw shiit on the wall and left it up to dimwits to try and figure it out. But the fact the show runners had no idea what was going on makes the entire show laughable.

It's not about everything being explained. But at least have a clear cut picture that you knew what you were writing about. LOST is just one big sloppy, but entertaining, joy ride. It's a freaken train wreck.
 05-31-2010, 05:22 PM         #3088
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KarteL13 said:

That's what makes it a joke. They had no idea where they were going. They just threw shiit on the wall and left it up to dimwits to try and figure it out. But the fact the show runners had no idea what was going on makes the entire show laughable.

It's not about everything being explained. But at least have a clear cut picture that you knew what you were writing about. LOST is just one big sloppy, but entertaining, joy ride. It's a freaken train wreck.
Ownage
 8 years ago '05        #3089
space
space
 KarteL13 said:

Eh, maybe to dimwitted individuals like yourself who need every detail explained to them. There is a reason it was universally praised as a fantastic finale and a fantastic show. But do you, my man. Do you. (Knew at least one idiot would respond with a response forcing me to respond.)
 8 years ago '05        #3090
space
space
 TheBallDontLie said:
Ownage
You are becoming a nuisance. I look at you as an equal friendly adversary (In the Boxden world ) but you are seriously lacking in your judgement in this thread. How, exactly, was what that "dimwit" posted "ownage?" Just wondering. He is in the minority in his hatred for the show. "Men lie. Women lie. Numbers dont."
 05-31-2010, 10:57 PM         #3091
AbsLikeJesus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If this was ANY other show, half of these complaints wouldn't be brought up. Every show has little trivial things that people want answered, the fact that LOST always gives left field answers and surprising revelations, every body comes to expect not only answers, but great answers. Some of these things weren't even just forgotten about or let go, they were just never thought people would ask about them. I don't think they ever meant to explain the Egyptians, explain the mother and who brought her to the island, and the people before them.

This is one of those paradoxes that come with success like a player being underrated because he is overrated in basketball or any other sport. If LOST wasn't as successful as it was I doubt people would be on it's a.ss so much right now, but I guess thats the price of fame for television
 06-01-2010, 12:26 AM         #3092
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
You are becoming a nuisance. I look at you as an equal friendly adversary (In the Boxden world ) but you are seriously lacking in your judgement in this thread. How, exactly, was what that "dimwit" posted "ownage?" Just wondering. He is in the minority in his hatred for the show. "Men lie. Women lie. Numbers dont."
I'm a instigator. Plus i baited you, i knew that post wouldn't be your last one in this thread. Why you respond to me because i don't know much about the show, but you don't respond to some of the other who supposedly make great points of disliking the show or finale? You like picking your f!ghts carefully? Sometime you're gonna have to put up them hands up weather you don't want too.

"Which is why Lost is the GOAT show for me and many others." Ever seen "The Wire"?

The Muffin Man said:
they made Lost up as they went along....some are trying to make it more than it really is to justify watching it for 6 years

people must of forgot back in season 2 when they said they changed the story before filming to reflect viewer responses
at not answering that one.

Last edited by TheBallDontLie; 06-01-2010 at 12:48 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #3093
space
space
 TheBallDontLie said:
I'm a instigator. Plus i baited you, i knew that post wouldn't be your last one in this thread. Why you respond to me because i don't know much about the show, but you don't respond to some of the other who supposedly make great points of disliking the show or finale? You like picking your f!ghts carefully? Sometime you're gonna have to put up them hands up weather you don't want too.

"Which is why Lost is the GOAT show for me and many others." Ever seen "The Wire"?

at not answering that one.
First of all, the second thing you quoted does not even consist of a question .

Second of all, I have not dodged any questions in this thread and have openly admitted that the writers made some mistakes.

Thirdly, since we are being technical, its "whether" not "weather."

Oh and btw you did not bait anything, moron. I admitted that I would be back in the thread responding to morons who responded to me. You just happened to prove me right, and play the role of one of those morons. Thanks for playing.
 06-01-2010, 01:18 AM         #3094
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
First of all, the second thing you quoted does not even consist of a question .

Second of all, I have not dodged any questions in this thread and have openly admitted that the writers made some mistakes.

Thirdly, since we are being technical, its "whether" not "weather."

Oh and btw you did not bait anything, moron. I admitted that I would be back in the thread responding to morons who responded to me. You just happened to prove me right, and play the role of one of those morons. Thanks for playing.
Aw, calling me a "moron" now. Good one. son got out of bed with the face just to post on BX to me. Thanks for correcting my obvious typo.

So you basically said Lost is a poorly written show.

Last edited by TheBallDontLie; 06-01-2010 at 01:23 AM..
 06-01-2010, 02:53 AM         #3095
The Muffin Man 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think he's realizing the con that Lost was...it used riddles and mysteries to seem important...when really it wasn't about s**t but making money

at least we got JJ Abrams making great movies out of it tho
 06-01-2010, 04:02 AM         #3096
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Muffin Man said:
I think he's realizing the con that Lost was...it used riddles and mysteries to seem important...when really it wasn't about s**t but making money

GOAT type ish

Anyways, I just finished watching a powerful episode (A Private Life) from a real TV series 'Six Feet Under'.
 8 years ago '09        #3097
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
then really why just stay in this thread if youdont really watch the show and dont really like the show?

is it just to be a bastard?
 8 years ago '12        #3098
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,982 | Props total: 1244 1244
 The Muffin Man said:

What??? Lmao holy s**t I didn't realize so many idiots can't even comprehend what LOST was bout

Not even gonna waste me time in this thread bc I just realized it exists but half of u had an IQ of a squirrel

to further clarify on some of the questions I read on the previous page.. They are basically saying that everyone eventually dies( or IMO moves on to another life, a better life) and that it doesn't matter WHEN they died bc the afterlife is timeless.. They all died (hence Hugo and Ben saying how great a #1 and #2 they were) .. They didn't die till a later time, maybe years later.. But it didn't matter bc the "flashsideways" or afterlife was timeless.. And when they were all ready they moved on to the next life (Christian opening the church doors)

the producers used a lot of stuff from the story "Chronicles of Narnia" so maybe some of u might wanna check that out
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by DoMieD; 06-01-2010 at 07:09 PM..
 8 years ago '12        #3099
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,982 | Props total: 1244 1244
 KarteL13 said:

again, you seem LOST, no pun intended.. They ALWAYS knew how the show was gonna end.. They only thig that changed it was A. Actors not re-signing for the next season (ecko).. B. Walt due to him aging (which is the only dumb cop out I'll agree with) and the main character changing from Kate to Jack.. But that only changed after the pilot..

Also the Writers strike screwed up S4.. S6 could of done better.. But it was rushed and they had to fit alot in 18 episodes.. But the actual story never changed once
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '04        #3100
haff3131 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,111 | Props total: 10 10
its funny people still claiming the ending was great, only cause they dont want to admit they wasted 6 years of there life with nothing to show for it. i was probably as big a lost fan as there is, but that ending was horrible. IF what most people seem to be claiming is true, about the whole purgatory thing and all that, then the show couldve began and ended in one season, 2 max. there are literally dozens of storylines that never even needed to be done, and they only did it to extend the series and keep people watching.. if it was all about heaven and hell and people seeing eachother in the afterlife, wtf was the dharma initiative? why have "others" in the first place? why have a smoke monster? who the f**k were all those people living in that village, the one with the old chinese guy? what was the point of time traveling? i mean literally none of it makes sense, or even has a purpose. what was russo on the island for? why was widmore even a character? i mean i can go on and on. i dont think ive ever seen a better season of television then season 1. and ill be the first to admit that NO tv show has ever made me literally sit there with my jaw dropped speechless than lost, but it seems like they dug themselves into a hole, realized they were never going to be able to answer all the random a.ss questions they raised, and copped out.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
128 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
297 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
63 comments
2 days ago