LOST: The Final Season Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
142 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
157 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
92 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-27-2010, 06:29 PM         #3041
AbsLikeJesus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
First of all, what do you want the island to be? You say you want a clear cut explanation on what the island IS? What possible options are there besides it being a regular island like any other? The only difference is that it has a bundle of electromagnetic energy in its core. Why is it there? To make a good show. Theres nothing else to it. It's an island with energy in the center, you don't need to know the molecular history of how the particles formed and evolved into that core of energy.

What does it matter who the original inhabitants were? We know there was Egyptians, maybe peopel came before them, who cares though? The story doesn't revolve around the hundreds of people before the losties, it revolves around the losties and how they relate to the island. What other mythology do you want answered? Anything other than who were the first people on the island? Because they told you there were constantly people coming to the island and to tell each and everyone's story would take far more than 6 perfect seasons.

There is nothing to it, just accept it for what it is. The questions you asked weren't important, they were just entertaining. I'm sure the answers I gave now would be accepted by the producers of LOST as they probably didn't even think people would dive so deep into so many unnecessary issues. I bet they a.ssumed that everything they showed would have been enough for everyone but I guess people just fell so in love with the show that they started fiending for every and any detail they could possibly get.

Last edited by AbsLikeJesus; 05-27-2010 at 06:30 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #3042
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,784 | Props total: 2285 2285
 Reppindaburghh said:
The island could be viewed a few different ways. The gateway to hell, perhaps? Keeping all of the evils of hell out of the real world.

I may have to retire from this thread. My mind is boggled that so many of you do not understand the show. Over 50 percent of the questions in that video were answered in the show.

No 50% of those questions were not answered on the show and your explanation of the island is wack. The Island has shown to have unbelievable mysterious powers and even in the heart of the island there were markings and hieroglyphics. There needed to be A LOT more about the Island and its origins.

Seriously the people saying that most of the questions were answered are dumbasses because there were clearly many things that were just not covered even though they were pretty big story arcs such as :

What was the island, why did it have these special powers its origins, and the original inhabitants?

the Dharma initiative purpose?

Jacobs/MIBs "Mother"?

What was the Egyptian connection?

what the f**k happened to Christian Shepards body?,

why did the Others take Walt? why was he special?

why was there food drops still being made on the Island?

what was Desmond immune to the laws of time travel?

who the f**ks cabin was that and who was living in it since we know it wasnt Jacob?

what were the f**king rules that Ben and Widemore talk about and the rules that MIB and Jacob talk about?

who was shooting at the Losties during the time flashes on the boat?

what the f**k was up with the Ash and why did it repel the Smoke Monster?

why did they have to recreate the exact circumstances of 815 on Ajira to get back the island?

what was the infection and why did it play no part at all in anything?

These are the main questions that should have been answered during the series yet they werent and instead we spent half of the final season watching a pointless alt reality that was actually purgatory created by the Losties.

Dont get me wrong I loved the show and its still the greatest show ever and my favorite all time but it pisses me off how they finished it without addressing some of the fundamental questions.

Last edited by modalee; 05-27-2010 at 06:42 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #3043
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
 AbsLikeJesus said:
First of all, what do you want the island to be? You say you want a clear cut explanation on what the island IS? What possible options are there besides it being a regular island like any other? The only difference is that it has a bundle of electromagnetic energy in its core. Why is it there? To make a good show. Theres nothing else to it. It's an island with energy in the center, you don't need to know the molecular history of how the particles formed and evolved into that core of energy.

What does it matter who the original inhabitants were? We know there was Egyptians, maybe peopel came before them, who cares though? The story doesn't revolve around the hundreds of people before the losties, it revolves around the losties and how they relate to the island. What other mythology do you want answered? Anything other than who were the first people on the island? Because they told you there were constantly people coming to the island and to tell each and everyone's story would take far more than 6 perfect seasons.

There is nothing to it, just accept it for what it is. The questions you asked weren't important, they were just entertaining. I'm sure the answers I gave now would be accepted by the producers of LOST as they probably didn't even think people would dive so deep into so many unnecessary issues. I bet they a.ssumed that everything they showed would have been enough for everyone but I guess people just fell so in love with the show that they started fiending for every and any detail they could possibly get.

terrible excuse for the show. if your going to make a show in which the central theme is built upon an island with mysterious properties and powers than you better f**king answer why it has these properties, where it came from, and who originally inhabited/discovered it.
 8 years ago '05        #3044
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,449 | Props total: 7095 7095
 modalee81 said:
No 50% of those questions were not answered on the show and your explanation of the island is wack. The Island has shown to have unbelievable mysterious powers and even in the heart of the island there were markings and hieroglyphics. There needed to be A LOT more about the Island and its origins.

Seriously the people saying that most of the questions were answered are dumbasses because there were clearly many things that were just not covered even though they were pretty big story arcs such as :

What was the island, why did it have these special powers its origins, and the original inhabitants?

Jacobs/MIBs "Mother"?

who the f**ks cabin was that and who was living in it since we know it wasnt Jacob?

what were the f**king rules that Ben and Widemore talk about and the rules that MIB and Jacob talk about?

why did they have to recreate the exact circumstances of 815 on Ajira to get back the island?

These are the main questions that should have been answered during the series yet they werent and instead we spent half of the final season watching a pointless alt reality that was actually purgatory created by the Losties.

Dont get me wrong I loved the show and its still the greatest show ever and my favorite all time but it pisses me off how they finished it without addressing some of the fundamental questions.
Just like Jacob/MIB's fake mother told his real mother, "Any answer I give you will just lead to another question."
 8 years ago '05        #3045
Neruk 
space
space
space
$66 | Props total: 0 0
I would have loved for the finale to explain the physics of the island. Have professor Jacob sit us down and describe the islands properties specifically with words nobody will understand.

I mean jeeez how can you even ask a question like.. "Why is Desmond immune to the laws of time travel?" Do you even realize how stupid that sounds? "immune to the LAWS OF TIME TRAVEL". I'll let you know why he's immune once you explain the laws of time travel to me.

Dharma purpose - to study the islands properties.. i think thats obvious.

The "Mother" - they are just showing its an endless cycle of people protecting the island. Who was Hurley's replacement?? I WANT TO KNOW WHOOO!!????

Ben and Widmore's rules were rules amongst gentlemen. You can come after somebody, but NOT their family.

The infection was the MIB taking over people just like how he manipulated Sayid and Claire. That one was clearly explained.

Food drops - maybe because they thought Dharma was still up and running.

It's really annoying when people complain about not getting answers but then they ask the dumbest questions. The only one that you asked that anybody should care about is the Walt question. I do wonder about Walt.
 05-27-2010, 08:31 PM         #3046
A.O. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Anybody got 1Link of the Finale?

And idiots asking what was the Island, I'm pretty sure Jacob already explained that.

The finale annoyed me a lil bit because the show was metaphoric the whole way through, and on the final episode alot of questions were answered to quick..

But anybody got 1 link for the finale.. thanks..
 8 years ago '05        #3047
space
space
 A.O. said:

And idiots asking what was the Island, I'm pretty sure Jacob already explained that.

The finale annoyed me a lil bit because the show was metaphoric the whole way through, and on the final episode alot of questions were answered to quick..

I'm to lazy to check but i'm positive its in the jukebox.
 05-27-2010, 08:45 PM         #3048
A.O. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
I'm to lazy to check but i'm positive its in the jukebox.
I'll look through it and find it.. Every where else I been looking at had them in 16 200MB hotfiles, s**ts annoying..
 05-27-2010, 08:58 PM         #3049
A.O. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cant find it.. s**t!
 8 years ago '05        #3050
space
space
 A.O. said:
Cant find it.. s**t!

Last page. Two links.

Your welcome.
 8 years ago '06        #3051
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,511 | Props total: 258 258
 Wasted said:
Those people who read the spoilers. Was they accurate?

The only thing that was mentioned in the spoilers, from what I can remember because I skimmed through it; was Jack k!lled Flocke/MIB. For some reason I'm wanting to say it said he threw him down a well, which didn't happen in the finale. But we (whoever read it) knew MIB would be defeated.

But it never said anything about the purgatory, and them being in the church.

But I knew after it was over, that a lot of people would b**ch and moan about not getting every single answer.
 8 years ago '06        #3052
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,511 | Props total: 258 258
 Neruk said:
I would have loved for the finale to explain the physics of the island. Have professor Jacob sit us down and describe the islands properties specifically with words nobody will understand.

I mean jeeez how can you even ask a question like.. "Why is Desmond immune to the laws of time travel?" Do you even realize how stupid that sounds? "immune to the LAWS OF TIME TRAVEL". I'll let you know why he's immune once you explain the laws of time travel to me.

Dharma purpose - to study the islands properties.. i think thats obvious.

The "Mother" - they are just showing its an endless cycle of people protecting the island. Who was Hurley's replacement?? I WANT TO KNOW WHOOO!!????

Ben and Widmore's rules were rules amongst gentlemen. You can come after somebody, but NOT their family.

The infection was the MIB taking over people just like how he manipulated Sayid and Claire. That one was clearly explained.

Food drops - maybe because they thought Dharma was still up and running.

It's really annoying when people complain about not getting answers but then they ask the dumbest questions. The only one that you asked that anybody should care about is the Walt question. I do wonder about Walt.

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '08        #3053
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
 modalee81 said:

Jacobs/MIBs "Mother"?

-Let's not forget Dogen and him being the only one from keeping Smokey from entering the temple

-Let's not forget Walt teleporting through out the Island telling people "shhhhh"

-Let's not forget christian chillin' on the freighter telling Michael to die already

-Let's not forget this entire conflict between the others and the castaways when they were all suppose to be on the same side

-Or "the island" not being done with you

-Michael not being able to k!ll himself

LMAO! This show is a joke. And lol @ people trying to answer these questions with FUKKEN THEORIES! Those are not answers, fukken idiots. They are your own interpretations.
 05-27-2010, 09:51 PM         #3054
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 A.O.™ said:

hulu......

dont sleep.....

Last edited by WorldsStrangest; 05-27-2010 at 09:52 PM..
 05-27-2010, 10:43 PM         #3055
AbsLikeJesus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Honestly half of those questions are retarded and very much not needed to be answered.

What happened to Ben's childhood friend Annie? Who the f**k cares? What does R.G. stand for on Naomi's bracelet? Who the f**k really cares?

I picked a random question to answer though: Walt.

This is another one of those questions that weren't directly given to us. The answer is that like many other characters, Walt has a "power". Miles can hear dead people, Hugo can fully communicate/see the dead. Desmond and his electromagneticism. ETC. Walt is just another one of them and he is psychic.

Some moments of his psychic abilities:

-Reads about the polar bear in the comic and a polar bear comes to the survivors
-Reads about a bird (this is off island) and the bird flies into the window (the exact same bird)
-He teleports to Shannon in the forest when she is with Sayid (Right after he is kidnapped)
-Teleports to John Locke in the DHARMA pit and tells him what to do
-Tells John Locke not to open the hatch
-Throws Locke's knife perfectly on the target on his second try after just "focusing"
-Dreams about Locke in his dreams that he is on the island and people want to hurt him. His dreams come true at the end of season 5
-Is physic and thus the reason why the Others wanted to test on him

You just have to read into the series, thats all Like I said, half of those questions are retarded like the ones I posted above and the other half can be answered from just THINKING about it and studying the series.

It doesn't matter about the Egyptian origin, the series isn't about them. It isn't even about the island. The series is about the characters. All you need to know is that Egyptians came to the island and built on it. Thats that. It doesn't matter who the original habitants were, everyone came to the island at some point and everyone has their own story. The series isn't about them either.

Just try not to look too deep into this show and accept it for what it is. It's about the characters and they answered their questions and then some.
 05-27-2010, 10:54 PM         #3056
AbsLikeJesus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KarteL13 said:
-Let's not forget Dogen and him being the only one from keeping Smokey from entering the temple
Who cares?

-Let's not forget Walt teleporting through out the Island telling people "shhhhh"
Walt is psychic

-Let's not forget christian chillin' on the freighter telling Michael to die already
Christian was the smoke monster. As for him being on the freighter, perhaps it was a writers' error, or maybe that was just his limit or he somehow got his way to the freighter through someone else

-Let's not forget this entire conflict between the others and the castaways when they were all suppose to be on the same side
? How is this even a question?

-Or "the island" not being done with you
"The island" is obviously Jacob. WHY DON'T PEOPLE GET THIS?!? It's just a metaphor. Jacob's wishes are the island's wishes because he runs the island

-Michael not being able to k!ll himself
This is a sci-fi show. Jacob obviously wouldn't let him die Don't say "Yeah I'm suppose to believe he can do that" when he brought Locke back to life himself
There ya go
 8 years ago '08        #3057
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
 AbsLikeJesus said:
There ya go
you sound like you're making excuses breh. Saying "who cares" to pertinent questions and events that deviate from the actual story.

LOST was a show that could of been toned down to 4 or 5 seasons. A lot of stuff happened with no meaning to the actual show and the purpose of LOST's theme.

To me, its up there with the Matrix as far as build up and disappointment. However, aside from Revolutions, the Matrix went out and gave an explanation and most of their philosophical questions and events lead up to bigger events.

But it looks at the bottom line: the producers lied about there being a bigger picture. There was never a bigger picture that was planned as initially stated. They used it as an illusion and one of their producers spilled the beans.

If the show's underlined theme really was about black vs. white, then smokey should of had a bigger influence then just a random pop up to scare the shiit out of people. Same with Jacob. That would of been a nice tie-in to why the Losties and the others had a conflict for 3 seasons. Same goes with the prior conflict between dharma and the "hostiles".

Last edited by KarteL13; 05-28-2010 at 12:43 AM..
 8 years ago '06        #3058
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
Seriously some of yall need to stop making excuses for the show and defending them not answering some key questions in which an ample amount of our time was spent watching and wondering about. I LOVED the show absolultey by far my favorite show ever but it f**king pisses me off that they just copped out by not going after some of the core mysteries of the show/island and instead gave us a bulls**t excuse saying "its about the characters not the island and mysteries". Motherf**ker if it was about the characters and the Island was just a back drop i wouldve spent 6 seasons watching House or CSI. While Lost did start out about the characters, it progressed into some thing much more in which the island itself and the various mysterious activities came into the forefront of the show and captivated everyone more than "What Kate Did". People saying the Island was just a setting and nothing more are bulls**tting themselves and are making excuses because if that was the case they might as well have had the setting of the show be in Australia or Hawaii instead of this mysterious island in which the origin and properties were not explained.

At the end of the day ill still be buying the entire series collection and rewatch this s**t many times again but that doesnt change the fact that I am somewhat pissed off.

Last edited by modalee; 05-28-2010 at 12:09 AM..
 05-28-2010, 07:36 AM         #3059
AbsLikeJesus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well, as for black vs. white...I don't think this theme pertains to good and evil. I think it's more about science vs. faith. Much like how the show started with Jack (Science) vs. John Locke (Faith) and finishes with Jack (Faith) vs. John Locke (Science).
 05-28-2010, 08:29 AM         #3060
A.O. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:

Last page. Two links.

Your welcome.
Thanks man...
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
15 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
105 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy