LOST: The Final Season Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
 64
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
71 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 40
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 36
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
84 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 31
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 05-26-2010, 02:30 PM         #2981
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
at went out as a "classic"
 8 years ago '05        #2982
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,456 | Props total: 7101 7101
 TheBallDontLie said:
at went out as a "classic"
Read every review on the internet. Even the people bashing the finale consider this show ground breaking. If you do not think this is in 90 percent of reputable reviewers top 10 ALL TIME, you are fooling yourself. 5, 10 years from now, this will still be in nearly all major film/television critics top 10 all time, many top 5's, and quite a few #1's. You did not even watch the show and have openly admitted to only watching a few episodes and about 10 minutes of the finale bro. at you blindly hating on a show you know nothing about. f**k out of here.

It is pretty much universally accepted that Lost is, already, a classic. And it was groundbreaking television.

Even Worlds Strangest would most likely agree with me on that (Thats not me taking a shot at you, bro.), and he HATED the finale. He still admits the show as a whole was fantastic though.


Last edited by ReppinDaBurghh; 05-26-2010 at 02:36 PM..
 05-26-2010, 02:37 PM         #2983
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah, when 90% of the voters come from blind, out of shape couch potatoes who just come home from work and watch this show and think its greatness. What's your point? General public view = doesn't mean s**t.

That's why it's viewed as one of the most overrated shows on tv.com

Lost
Our anonymous contributor says: Lost should’ve been a three-season series, or maybe it should have ended after two. The first season set up the story brilliantly, and introduced us to one of the most interestingly original casts of characters TV has ever seen. But instead of bringing it all home over the course of another season or two, the show subjected us to years and years of often-tedious teasing, dragging the mystery out for so long that only the most diehard fans remained loyal. And after a while, despite statements to the contrary, I couldn't shake the feeling that Lost's producers were simply making it up as they went along. The show may be nearing its end, but does anyone still care? Sure, the long journey has had its rewards. But the original thrill has passed, and now we can only hope that the producers have one last ace up their sleeves for the series' final episodes.
That's not going out as a classic.


Last edited by TheBallDontLie; 05-26-2010 at 02:40 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #2984
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,456 | Props total: 7101 7101
 TheBallDontLie said:
Yeah, when 90% of the voters come from blind, out of shape couch potatoes who just come home from work and watch this show and think its greatness. What's your point? General public view = doesn't mean s**t.
I forgot that you are elite and reign supreme over the planet. Congratulations on that bro. Enjoy your life of royalty and glamor. We mere regular people should not form our own opinions, but listen to the elite who are forming opinions on things they have never even seen before.

I know your a big sports guy, so let me break it down for you.

What you are doing is the equivalent to being at home while the Lakers vs Celtics play, lets say game 7 of the finals this year.

For some reason your busy all night and cant watch it. You flip it on for 45 seconds in the 2nd qtr and turn it back off. You turn it back on again with 2 seconds left in the 4th quarter and see Kobe dribble the ball past half court.

Lakers win 130-77. All experts are praising Lakers/Kobe saying they just plain as day DOMINATED the game. A few of them disagree with the way they ended the game, they kind of stopped trying and were embarrassing the Celtics a bit.

You form your own opinion, blaming the refs or something, having watched 45 seconds of the 2nd quarter and 2 seconds of the 4th, and you completely disagree with all the experts because "They are just couch potatoes who were sitting at home/in the booth and their opinion does not mean s**t. They are f**king sheep."

Your opinion makes no sense in either scenario because you are blindly disagreeing with the masses without having seen a significant portion of the game/the show. I dont know if you are just hating to hate, or if you are one of the guys who just likes to go against the grain, no matter what the grain is. I dont know why you are even lurking in a thread of a show you never watched besides a few episodes years ago.


Last edited by ReppinDaBurghh; 05-26-2010 at 02:49 PM..
 05-26-2010, 02:50 PM         #2985
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
I forgot that you are elite and reign supreme over the planet. Congratulations on that bro. Enjoy your life of royalty and glamor. We mere regular people should not form our own opinions, but listen to the elite who are forming opinions on things they have never even seen before.

I know your a big sports guy, so let me break it down for you.

What you are doing is the equivalent to being at home while the Lakers vs Celtics play, lets say game 7 of the finals this year.

For some reason your busy all night and cant watch it. You flip it on for 45 seconds in the 2nd qtr and turn it back off. You turn it back on again with 2 seconds left in the 4th quarter and see Kobe dribble the ball past half court.

Lakers win 130-77. All experts are praising Lakers/Kobe saying they just plain as day DOMINATED the game. A few of them disagree with the way they ended the game, they kind of stopped trying and were embarrassing the Celtics a bit.

You form your own opinion, having watched 45 seconds of the 2nd quarter and 2 seconds of the 4th, and you completely disagree with all the experts because "They are just couch potatoes who were sitting at home/in the booth and their opinion does not mean s**t. They are f**king sheep."

Your opinion makes no sense in either scenario because you are blindly disagreeing with the masses without having seen a significant portion of the game/the show. I dont know if you are just hating to hate, or if you are one of the guys who just likes to go against the grain, no matter what the grain is. I dont know why you are even lurking in a thread of a show you never watched besides a few episodes years ago.
I watched enough episodes from several different seasons and know the storyline/plots/characters to know this show is one of the most overrated series that gets hyped. So Your analogy is way off, but props for the good try. I'm not blinding disagreeing obviously. Your statement said it went out like a classic is flawed just like the way Lost went out. TV.com son'd the show and I'll let my man son the series finale.

[video - click to view]



Last edited by TheBallDontLie; 05-26-2010 at 02:54 PM..
 8 years ago '98        #2986
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$30,192 | Props total: 3589 3589
People will hate it, people will love it. I only watched the last episode, but from the people I know that follow the series, and even the media coverage after the series ended, it definitely was a classic.
 8 years ago '05        #2987
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,456 | Props total: 7101 7101
 TheBallDontLie said:
I watched enough episodes from several different seasons and know the storyline/plots/characters to know this show is one of the most overrated series that gets hyped. So no I'm not blinding disagreeing. TV.com son'd the show and I'll let my man son the series finale.
But.....but.....but....thats just a regular guy! A sheep! A couch potato! He knows nothing! (See what I did there? Thats me, being you.)

You have openly admitted that you only watched like 3-5 episodes of the entire series. This is a show that you must watch from beginning to end without skipping a single episode or you will have no f**king clue what the show is about and whats going on, and you obviously wont be able to enjoy the show. This is not a law and order or some s**t, this is an actual piece of art turned into a television show, and broadcast to us. And some of you have the audacity to complain and cry about it. A.You did not have to watch a single episode of the show if you did not want. And you claiming TV.com "son'd" the show is a losing argument on your end. For every 1 article giving this finale a bad review, I could give you nine (Sticking with my 90 percent figure) that are giving it a good review. If you didn't even watch the show, let alone claim to have not liked the ending (That you have admittedly only watched the last 10, 15 minutes of.), then why are you still in this thread?
 05-26-2010, 03:02 PM         #2988
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
But.....but.....but....thats just a regular guy! A sheep! A couch potato! He knows nothing! (See what I did there? Thats me, being you.)

You have openly admitted that you only watched like 3-5 episodes of the entire series. This is a show that you must watch from beginning to end without skipping a single episode or you will have no f**king clue what the show is about and whats going on, and you obviously wont be able to enjoy the show. This is not a law and order or some s**t, this is an actual piece of art turned into a television show, and broadcast to us. And some of you have the audacity to complain and cry about it. A.You did not have to watch a single episode of the show if you did not want. And you claiming TV.com "son'd" the show is a losing argument on your end. For every 1 article giving this finale a bad review, I could give you nine (Sticking with my 90 percent figure) that are giving it a good review. If you didn't even watch the show, let alone claim to have not liked the ending (That you have admittedly only watched the last 10, 15 minutes of.), then why are you still in this thread?
It was voted as one of the most overrated series.

I'm just amused how people love wack shows and justify a garbage series finale or it going out as a classic. Did i ever say it was a terrible show? No. Its a entertaining series with tons of plot holes. That's good for people who love things spoon fed to them.

Could of just watched this too.

[video - click to view]



Last edited by TheBallDontLie; 05-26-2010 at 03:04 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #2989
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,456 | Props total: 7101 7101
 TheBallDontLie said:
It was voted as one of the most overrated series.

I'm just amused how people love wack shows and justify a garbage series finale or it going out as a classic. Did i ever say it was a terrible show? No. Its a entertaining series with tons of plot holes. That's good for people who love things spoon fed to them.
Wait a minute that is one of the most a.ss-backward statements I have ever heard. You say there were plenty of plot-holes, and then go on, in the VERY next sentence, suggesting that the people that consider the show/finale great need things spoon fed to them? Is it opposite day, here? The people who are complaining are the ones who need things spoon fed to them. Lost did the complete opposite of that, they left plenty of things open for speculation, for people who are actually willing to think a little bit and form there own conclusions. The people who hate the show wanted every little detail explained down to the f**king T. How did your statement that I just quoted make any sense whatsoever to you while you were typing it? Temporary mental lapse? I'll give you a pass, maybe you are having a bad day or something.

Edit: And at you, YET AGAIN calling a show you saw about 5 percent of wack, and calling a finale you saw about 6 percent (final ten minutes of a 2 and a half hour show) of garbage. Your logic is extremely flawed in this case, my man. No beef, just encouraging you to not speak on things that you have absolutely no basis with which to form an opinion on.


Last edited by ReppinDaBurghh; 05-26-2010 at 03:09 PM..
 05-26-2010, 03:15 PM         #2990
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
Wait a minute that is one of the most a.ss-backward statements I have ever heard. You say there were plenty of plot-holes, and then go on, in the VERY next sentence, suggesting that the people that consider the show/finale great need things spoon fed to them? Is it opposite day, here? The people who are complaining are the ones who need things spoon fed to them. Lost did the complete opposite of that, they left plenty of things open for speculation, for people who are actually willing to think a little bit and form there own conclusions. The people who hate the show wanted every little detail explained down to the f**king T. How did your statement that I just quoted make any sense whatsoever to you while you were typing it? Temporary mental lapse? I'll give you a pass, maybe you are having a bad day or something.

Edit: And at you, YET AGAIN calling a show you saw about 5 percent of wack, and calling a finale you saw about 6 percent (final ten minutes of a 2 and a half hour show) of garbage. Your logic is extremely flawed in this case, my man. No beef, just encouraging you to not speak on things that you have absolutely no basis with which to form an opinion on.
I watched the whole series in 8 minutes (thanks to youtube)Aw. My mistake (obviously) on the spoon fed that should be read, with people who love twist and turns no matter how poorly written the show is as long as its entertaining so they can gossip about.


Last edited by TheBallDontLie; 05-26-2010 at 03:17 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #2991
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,456 | Props total: 7101 7101
 TheBallDontLie said:
I watched the whole series in 8 minutes (thanks to youtube)Aw. My mistake (obviously) on the spoon fed that should be read, with people who love twist and turns no matter how poorly written the show is as long as its entertaining so they can gossip about.
You are embarrassing yourself. Carry on.
 05-26-2010, 03:20 PM         #2992
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
You are embarrassing yourself. Carry on.
So you're not going to admit this show wasn't poorly written?

Yeah, I'm real embarrassed that i f**ked up one sentence on a online forum!
 8 years ago '05        #2993
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,456 | Props total: 7101 7101
 TheBallDontLie said:
So you're not going to admit this show wasn't poorly written?

Yeah, I'm real embarrassed that i f**ked up one sentence on a online forum!
No, I disagree entirely with the show being poorly written and as i've stated previously considering you have only watched 5 percent of the series you have no basis with which to form a valued opinion on the subject, so your opinion really holds no weight. Claiming Lost was poorly written is a joke in itself.
 05-26-2010, 03:26 PM         #2994
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
No, I disagree entirely with the show being poorly written and as i've stated previously considering you have only watched 5 percent of the series you have no basis with which to form a valued opinion on the subject, so your opinion really holds no weight. Claiming Lost was poorly written is a joke in itself.
This is coming from a guy who watches too much TV.

There are so many more questions. It’s sad, really. Lost had the makings of a great show but there are simply too many loose ends for them all to be wrapped up tomorrow. It’s a good rule of thumb that if a show needs a question and answer session after its finale, then the writers didn’t do their jobs properly.


Last edited by TheBallDontLie; 05-26-2010 at 03:29 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #2995
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,456 | Props total: 7101 7101
 TheBallDontLie said:
This is coming from a guy who watches too much TV.
The typical sign of a man accepting defeat in an argument. Personal insults. The sweet smell of victory....
 05-26-2010, 03:33 PM         #2996
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
The typical sign of a man accepting defeat in an argument. Personal insults. The sweet smell of victory....
All good. 2-1, me. Gave you the advantage and tried to get cute with the clean sweep.
 8 years ago '05        #2997
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,456 | Props total: 7101 7101
 TheBallDontLie said:
All good. 2-1, me.
2-1 me. You p0wned me in the sports betting thread I see you on that. But the Breaking Bad thread was at worst for me a draw. No chance I lost that argument. But, we agree to disagree yet again. Until the next time!

#Nemesis
 05-26-2010, 03:35 PM         #2998
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
*waves bye to thread*

[pic - click to view]

 8 years ago '05        #2999
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,456 | Props total: 7101 7101
 TheBallDontLie said:
*waves bye to thread*

[pic - click to view]

I can definetly respect that. I'd prop you but I just propped you apparently recently for something else.
 8 years ago '08        #3000
Jimmy_TwoTimes 
space
avatar space
space
$280 | Props total: 0 0
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 17
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 7
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 7
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
23 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 7
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 6
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
201 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 5
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
80 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 4
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy