most viewed right now
 NBA ALL Nike "City" Uniforms Leaked via 2K
29 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
123 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #2741
carloshoopla 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,148 | Props total: 208 208
 Grave said:
Did u guys not watch the desmond episode wen daniel said he set off(not directly) a nuke? The bomb was set off and juliet said it worked also
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah i remember that too. I just wish they would have explained it more because the hatch was still built, and it was in the same state it was in after Desmond turned that fail safe. Thats what i mean by the writers doing everything half a.ssed.
 8 years ago '07        #2742
RedMonkeyJunkie 11 heat pts11
space
space
$5,000 | Props total: 1376 1376
Why does everyone keep saying the island was "built" to keep the smoke monster from "destroying the world"
There was no smoke monster before Jacob thru his a.ss down the hole. And obviously the island existed way before that, all Jacobs "mom" said about it is that men will want to come and put it out.
 8 years ago '07        #2743
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,086 | Props total: 1524 1524
the cave was a gateway to hell. The magical rock-cork thing kept the door sealed.

but man as jack layed in the water as is rose again, I swore he was either gonna heal or turn into a monster
 8 years ago '08        #2744
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
 RedMonkeyJunkie said:
So to the people saying the Island life was real, they crashed and survived on this place..it still doesn't answer really any questions as to why they were chosen, what the purpose of the island even was...anything.
If it is true that the island is purgatory, then Jacob chose the candidates because he needed them to reach heaven. His purposes would have been to guide other souls to the island, and eventually find the soul to replace him so that he could pass on. Guiding these lost souls would probably serve as the good deeds he needed to escape purgatory. Jacob once said that all of the Candidates were loners, then he said said that just like how they were loners, he also was a loner. So Jacob is similar to the Lost Candidates. Infact, when his fake mother k!lled his real mother, she took Jacob and MIB so that they could be candidates. So there have been many "Jacobs", all passing the torch and guiding candidates.

Now this only works if we a.ssume that the island is indeed purgatory. Im 50/50 on this, because the island was definitely a real island. It doesnt appear that Jacob and the MIB are also dead souls. Because we saw them born on the island, plus they grow and matured from boys to men on the island. Some people say that Jacob may not have even been real. I doubt this, because that would mean Jack and Hurley arent real either since they replaced Jacob. I believe the island was a real place on earth. If it were purgatory, it would have been a real island with souls roaming it.

because his ascension into the afterlife was tied on helping the strangers from Oceanic.
 8 years ago '04        #2745
nitetrain8601 22 heat pts22
space
space
$15,099 | Props total: 4109 4109
What I liked is jack knowing lockes power came from the light. If he let the light go he could make mib mortal. I thought he was just gonna have Hurley shank him. Definitely a great ending. only one I was still thinking about a day after it ended
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '04        #2746
carloshoopla 2 heat pts
space
space
space
I really wish they would have explained all the egyptian stuff. It could have been done so easy too. They could have shown people in boats landing on the island exploring new land and building a civilization and take the story line from there. Make it that they belived in gods and there was a good and evil brother and then tie everything in together. It could have been amazing.
 8 years ago '04        #2747
ShaneDawg 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,773 | Props total: 0 0
 carloshoopla said:
Yeah it did go off, i cant believe people think it didnt. How the hell did people think they jump 30 years in time.
so every time they jumped thru time in season 5, a nuke went off? bad logic. i always thought the bomb went off too. but i can see why people think it didn't
 8 years ago '04        #2748
Mumbletaker 58 heat pts58
space
space
$11,482 | Props total: 7150 7150
Two questions. When jack and locke are f!ghting, jack is cut on his neck but why does he start to bleed in the alt timeline as well? And does anyone else have any other theories about the significance, if any, of the wreck being shown during credits?
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '07        #2749
RedMonkeyJunkie 11 heat pts11
space
space
$5,000 | Props total: 1376 1376
This is what happens when the writers have no idea as to which direction to take the show, then decided within the last few weeks to end it all somehow.
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '07        #2750
Just1Spark 
space
space
$2,234 | Props total: 75 75
 carloshoopla said:
Yeah it did go off, i cant believe people think it didnt. How the hell did people think they jump 30 years in time.
it didn't go off. the island returned them back to normal time before juliet could set it off.
 8 years ago '04        #2751
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
Now that I think about it, I'm satisfied with the ending.

You can blame JJ for all the unnecessary mythical island s**t, because they put that in there to make more people interested in the show...The island was like the control of the show, its the 1 thing that kept it pointed in 1 direction and all of the characters emotions and reactions were effected by it. Otherwise, they were just regular people with f**ked up lives. The island was what it was, a mythical place that no one could explain.

Think about what this show would've been like if the island was just a regular a.ss island, it wouldn't have lasted past season 3. The original script was basically Gilligan's island but with a more in depth character study. That s**t would've gotten old, listening to Kate b**ch and Charlie act like a simp over a kid and pus*y that he ain't never been in.

The magical powers of the island brought them together CHARACTER wise. Other then showing the best and worst sides of the people on the show, the island didn't have any point. Sucks, but I'd rather them leave it open then give me some wild a.ss explanation that would've been pulled out of someones a.ss. You didn't get an answer because there isn't one, and there never was one.

Summary of all that is - The island was a regular a.ss island until JJ said 'lets make the island f**k with them and show the audience how they react under what they can't control". They wrote a bunch of wild s**t, and when they realized they had to wrap it up, they said f**k the island, f**k darma, f**k smokey, none of that s**t matters, the only thing that matters is that jack gets to finally say bye to his pops and move on to the next phase of his "life"

Last edited by TheMagicMan; 05-24-2010 at 11:43 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #2752
carloshoopla 2 heat pts
space
space
space
 ShaneDawg said:
so every time they jumped thru time in season 5, a nuke went off? bad logic. i always thought the bomb went off too. but i can see why people think it didn't
Dont you pay attention. Since the fail safe went off it messes with time. Same with the wheel when the island was moved it used the energy and when Locke turned it. The bomb fixed it and even Juliet even said it worked. The energy was messed with so much with all the stuff and was fixed when the bomb went off.

Last edited by carloshoopla; 05-24-2010 at 12:20 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #2753
AwolRJ 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,189 | Props total: 4 4
So did Lionel not go in the church so he went to hell or chose to stay and protect the island/purgatory?
He gotta be Juddah lol. This is all about the bible yo!
 8 years ago '07        #2754
Welsh! 
space
space
$5,541 | Props total: 39 39
As usual I don't read the thread.

I'm f**king gutted at this episode, f**king s**t.

How did they manage to get Ben from under the tree? How did Kate find Jack and Flocke so fast?

there was such sloppy writing it was disgusting.

f**k this, I feel like crying at how disappointed I am haha.
 8 years ago '06        #2755
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,511 | Props total: 258 258
 WorldsStrangest said:
All Lost fans trying to explain how Kate died and ended up in the church before Jack.

"Um, she probably died after she probably left the island, and probably came back to the island, but i think she didnt come back to the island, and probably died as an old woman or probably died sometime during she left the island, but she probbaly didnt die there. I think."

You're seriously making the show more complicated than it all ready is.

Pretty much what ReppinDaBurgh and a few others were saying is accurate on what happened. Christian Sheppard's very last speech sugar coated the whole story. "Some died before you, and others died long after."

I'm not sure why you said Jack died in Season 1, unless you were just trying to get a rise out of people, but I don't know how you could be serious and say that. Jack died right after he fell over in the jungle when Vincent laid beside him. He died from that stab wound. Right when he closed his eye, his life was over.

Locke died when Ben k!lled him.

Boone died when that one drug plane fell off the cliff/tree.

Sayid died when he risked his life in the sub by taking that bomb and running.

Shannon died when she was shot.

etc. etc. etc.

We don't know when Ben, Hurley, Kate, Sawyer, etc. died because they continued their life like everyday people. Ben & Hurley stayed on the island and protected it for God knows how long after. We don't know.

For all we know Kate could have died from a motorcycle crash a week after she left on the plane. That's the beauty part of the show. We use our imaginations on what happened after.

But we do know they ALL died eventually, just like how life works.

I hate that I typed all of this up, which pretty much says what everyone else has been saying. I just don't understand how you said the island didn't exist, and Jack died in season 1, and all the other dumb things you've been saying.
 8 years ago '09        #2756
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
 -Phase One- said:
You're seriously making the show more complicated than it all ready is.

Pretty much what ReppinDaBurgh and a few others were saying is accurate on what happened. Christian Sheppard's very last speech sugar coated the whole story. "Some died before you, and others died long after."

I'm not sure why you said Jack died in Season 1, unless you were just trying to get a rise out of people, but I don't know how you could be serious and say that. Jack died right after he fell over in the jungle when Vincent laid beside him. He died from that stab wound. Right when he closed his eye, his life was over.

Locke died when Ben k!lled him.

Boone died when that one drug plane fell off the cliff/tree.

Sayid died when he risked his life in the sub by taking that bomb and running.

Shannon died when she was shot.

etc. etc. etc.

We don't know when Ben, Hurley, Kate, Sawyer, etc. died because they continued their life like everyday people. Ben & Hurley stayed on the island and protected it for God knows how long after. We don't know.

For all we know Kate could have died from a motorcycle crash a week after she left on the plane. That's the beauty part of the show. We use our imaginations on what happened after.

But we do know they ALL died eventually, just like how life works.

I hate that I typed all of this up, which pretty much says what everyone else has been saying. I just don't understand how you said the island didn't exist, and Jack died in season 1, and all the other dumb things you've been saying.
man ive given up on that dude.

theres something wrong with his comprehension skills or something.
 8 years ago '06        #2757
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
I haven't read through the last few pages, but has anyone discussed their opinions on why Ben didn't go into the church?

Was it because he wasn't allowed and was waiting for Hell? Or did he feel like he wasn't suppose to be in there? Maybe he was invited, but felt like after all he did, he didn't deserve it?
 8 years ago '05        #2758
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,447 | Props total: 7088 7088
 unkoricky said:
Worldstrangest has got the be the worst poster in this thread

you need this buddy:

[pic - click to view]

Seriously, man.
 05-24-2010, 12:26 PM         #2759
Shakespeare 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Island wasn't as Jacob described it with the cork keeping evil out, because he's the one who created the evil and the Island was there for years (decades? centuries? millenniums? we don't know, they didn't explain s**t about this). We don't know what those people were doing on the Island before Jacob or MIB, nor do we know who they were or who built the statue.

Also, what do they mean by "they created their own reality (alternate timeline)?" How do you go about creating your own purgatory? Just seems like a cop out to me.

There's a fine line between leaving unanswered questions for the audience and lazy writing, and I think they crossed that line for the past two seasons. They expanded the story in scope to the point where it would take forever to tie up loose ends, and just went for the easy answer...faith did it all.

...that being said, still GOAT
 8 years ago '06        #2760
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
Read this on Lost-Forum about my post involving Ben.

I like this idea.

i believe it was him choosing to stay, after he realized everything that happened on the island, that the best thing for him is alex, and being a part of her life despite everything that happened on the island, was worth living for

and when hurley asked ben if he wanted to come inside, in order to move on, but him saying no thanks, was him wanting to stay alive for alex
Thoughts?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
193 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
216 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
68 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
78 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
21 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
50 comments
22 hours ago