LOST: The Final Season Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
 116
Pusha Takes DIRECT SHOT AT Wheelchair Jimmy DRAKE "It was Never Written Like Q..
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 57
RIP Pusha T just ended his own career tonight by taking a shot at Drake
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 53
Image(s) inside well damn Young Ma looking more swole than 95% of you niggas
75 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 45
NBA We can all write the ending to this story, he's gone
63 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #2721
iggyemu 
space
avatar space
space
$25,261 | Props total: 5686 5686
One lingering question I still have though and maybe one of you can help me out. How did Smokey become mortal? Is that what being "free" for him means. He becomes "man" essentially so he can leave and live among humans? He was obviously surprised when it happened but I think he knew it also meant he could leave.
 8 years ago '05        #2722
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$6,538 | Props total: 136 136
honestly that was a great way to end the show.. the show was more about the characters than anything else so its good closure

in terms of the island just a few questions
1. in the alt timeline (purgatory) why do we see the island at the bottom of the ocean.. with a dharma shark swimming around?
2. if smokie just had to go to that cave thingy, why didn't he just fly over there as soon as jacob was dead.. or better yet when that n*gga was sleeping
 8 years ago '05        #2723
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$6,538 | Props total: 136 136
 iggyemu said:
One lingering question I still have though and maybe one of you can help me out. How did Smokey become mortal? Is that what being "free" for him means. He becomes "man" essentially so he can leave and live among humans? He was obviously surprised when it happened but I think he knew it also meant he could leave.
smokey became mortal when desmond pulled that s**t outta the hole..
 8 years ago '05        #2724
iggyemu 
space
avatar space
space
$25,261 | Props total: 5686 5686
 jay964 said:
smokey became mortal when desmond pulled that s**t outta the hole..
Well yea I know that. I am trying to figure out more of the why he became mortal.

As far as your two questions I think the island being at the bottom of the ocean was part of the purgatory. I don't think it's deeper than that but maybe someone else has better insight.

And Smokey had to go inside the cave. A place I don't think he could survive in the human form he would have to be in, in order to remove the stone..I mean he doesn't have hands when he is in smoke form. I think only Desmond and well apparently Jack could survive the electromagnetism.

Again that's just what I think.
 8 years ago '04        #2725
yunks 
space
space
space
$120 | Props total: 0 0
 WorldsStrangest said:
So.

The bomb k!lled them all?
the bomb never went off
 8 years ago '09        #2726
just2intense 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$1,137 | Props total: 198 198
 iggyemu said:
Well yea I know that. I am trying to figure out more of the why he became mortal.

As far as your two questions I think the island being at the bottom of the ocean was part of the purgatory. I don't think it's deeper than that but maybe someone else has better insight.

And Smokey had to go inside the cave. A place I don't think he could survive in the human form he would have to be in, in order to remove the stone..I mean he doesn't have hands when he is in smoke form. I think only Desmond and well apparently Jack could survive the electromagnetism.

Again that's just what I think.
The island was at the botom of the ocean cause remember the alt timeline was the life all the people dreamed up together so maybe they just rather the island never existed.
 8 years ago '09        #2727
just2intense 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$1,137 | Props total: 198 198
 yunks said:
the bomb never went off
The bomb did go off thats how time got restored to normal so all the time changing would stop , remember juilet hit it with the rock to set it off
 8 years ago '04        #2728
yunks 
space
space
space
$120 | Props total: 0 0
 just2intense said:
The bomb did go off thats how time got restored to normal so all the time changing would stop , remember juilet hit it with the rock to set it off
i dont know if the bomb went off or they just 'flashed'
 8 years ago '04        #2729
carloshoopla 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,163 | Props total: 219 219
 just2intense said:
The bomb did go off thats how time got restored to normal so all the time changing would stop , remember juilet hit it with the rock to set it off
Yeah it did go off, i cant believe people think it didnt. How the hell did people think they jump 30 years in time.
 8 years ago '04        #2730
yunks 
space
space
space
$120 | Props total: 0 0
 carloshoopla said:
Yeah it did go off, i cant believe people think it didnt. How the hell did people think they jump 30 years in time.
well usually bombs blow things up...not cause time travel


and nothing was blown up
 8 years ago '04        #2731
carloshoopla 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,163 | Props total: 219 219
I just cant believe that people think that the guys died on the plane even after all the clues that they really lived on the island. The biggest being when Jacks dad told him in the last 10mins of the show, "some of them died before some long after". If people cant understand that then they should have never even watched the show in the first place. BTW i hated the last episode.
 8 years ago '04        #2732
carloshoopla 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,163 | Props total: 219 219
 yunks said:
well usually bombs blow things up...not cause time travel


and nothing was blown up
They dont need to show it blow up if you clearly see that the time jumps stop. You have to just a.ssume it went off. And you have to remember your watching a tv show that does have time travel.


Last edited by carloshoopla; 05-24-2010 at 09:14 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #2733
yunks 
space
space
space
$120 | Props total: 0 0
 carloshoopla said:
They dont need to show it blow up if you clearly see that the time jumps stop. You have to just a.ssume it went off. And you have to remember your watching a tv show that does have time travel.
i know what ur saying...but why couldnt there have just been a flash without the bomb going off?
 8 years ago '04        #2734
carloshoopla 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,163 | Props total: 219 219
 yunks said:
i know what ur saying...but why couldnt there have just been a flash without the bomb going off?
Because the writers were doing everything half way.
 05-24-2010, 09:26 AM         #2735
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 carloshoopla said:
I just cant believe that people think that the guys died on the plane even after all the clues that they really lived on the island. The biggest being when Jacks dad told him in the last 10mins of the show, "some of them died before some long after". If people cant understand that then they should have never even watched the show in the first place. BTW i hated the last episode.
that statement can mean alot of things.


it can still mean HE died at the crash and then the others soon after.


ps: none of "the others" made it to church besides juliet.......

hmm......
 8 years ago '04        #2736
carloshoopla 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,163 | Props total: 219 219
 WorldsStrangest said:
that statement can mean alot of things.


it can still mean HE died at the crash and then the others soon after.


ps: none of "the others" made it to church besides juliet.......

hmm......
But he said before also. That changes everything. If people died after him and he died first how can he have memories about people who died after him.Or have memories of Ben and all of Bens others. Plus Ben told Locke he was sorry. Ben k!lled Locke when he got off the island and Jack was in that same timeline so he was in fact alive at that time.


Last edited by carloshoopla; 05-24-2010 at 09:39 AM..
 8 years ago '07        #2737
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,205 | Props total: 1724 1724
 WorldsStrangest said:
that statement can mean alot of things.


it can still mean HE died at the crash and then the others soon after.


ps: none of "the others" made it to church besides juliet.......

hmm......
man everybody in the world isn't gonna be in the same purgatory,

I don't understand why people are so focused on naming people that weren't present.
 05-24-2010, 09:43 AM         #2738
unkoricky 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Worldstrangest has got the be the worst poster in this thread

you need this buddy:

[pic - click to view]

 8 years ago '07        #2739
Grave 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$7,788 | Props total: 207 207
Did u guys not watch the desmond episode wen daniel said he set off(not directly) a nuke? The bomb was set off and juliet said it worked also
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '04        #2740
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$25,840 | Props total: 5176 5176
 Eddie.. said:
man everybody in the world isn't gonna be in the same purgatory,

I don't understand why people are so focused on naming people that weren't present.
because people like to make up questions that dont actually exist especially for this show
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 26
Image(s) inside Fresh Prince Of Bel Air Mansion 2018
75 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 22
ashley graham killing it i'm sold yo!
82 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 16
Video inside Graphics are Blurring the Lines, ya ready for this?.
33 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 7
Video inside F*ucking Black Guy
146 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 6
Video inside Rockstar game's troubles summed up perfectly
79 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
 6
NBA SI 'POST COMBINE' 2018 NBA Mock Draft
62 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 5
Video inside May 22 - Kaepernick Lawsuit Reveals Evidence Teams Think He's a Starter
61 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 3
NFL Aaron Hernandez' widow reveals she is pregnant, 13 months after his death
182 comments
1 day ago
@sports
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy