LOST: The Final Season Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
35 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
66 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-24-2010, 03:56 AM         #2701
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yoooooooooooooooooooooooo. ill tell what they should have done.

they should started season 6 all a central death. and have each episode center around how that characters died, completing their path, yet we the audience, not knowing where they went after thier deaths until the final episode where Jack finally remembers and makes it to the chruch where we meet the central characters that died during the season

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnn nnnnn

and hey, maybe im wrong, but guess what, THAT s**t WOULDA BEEN BETTER, THAN WHAT, they gave us.

whatever its still the top 5 show ive ever seen.

Last edited by WorldsStrangest; 05-24-2010 at 04:00 AM..
 8 years ago '07        #2702
RedMonkeyJunkie 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,999 | Props total: 1376 1376
 Propel Water said:
so its a f**king island... end of story.. egyption mythology and lore built the island along with its gods and blah blah blah... who the f**k cares... yes it wuld of been nice to no.. but wuld it have had any effect on the story? no, bc no characters were involved in the beginnings of the island.... no jacob no esau...
wtf..the island was suppose to be the reason they were BROUGHT there..so..why were they brought there, to protect it..protect what exactly..why can Locke walk...how can the fly thru time...there's tons of questions. I'm not saying they shoulda sat down and told us everything, but they coulda at least say what the island was, which was why they were there..
 05-24-2010, 03:57 AM         #2703
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Propel Water said:
so its a f**king island... end of story.. egyption mythology and lore built the island along with its gods and blah blah blah... who the f**k cares... yes it wuld of been nice to no.. but wuld it have had any effect on the story? no, bc no characters were involved in the beginnings of the island.... no jacob no esau...

island...had no....affect...on....story...island...every 108 minutes...button...dissapeared.....island no........affect.....time traaavell...protect island...candidate....island...no...affect....me.. ...island...

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by WorldsStrangest; 05-24-2010 at 03:59 AM..
 8 years ago '06        #2704
NorthNorthReppa 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,662 | Props total: 474 474
 WorldsStrangest said:
wasnt that in the pilot?? where jack died in reality, but he wakes up and thats when his purgatory begins??

or what, they just recreated the exact same shot after he saved the island??? if so, thats bs

what is that, an analogy of "he died the same way he lived" type ish?
ROFL. HAhaHAHA!!!! And I thought you were intelligent.
 05-24-2010, 04:14 AM         #2705
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NorthNorthReppa said:
ROFL. HAhaHAHA!!!! And I thought you were intelligent.
ok. whats your theory. and how it is better than mine. :rolleyes:
 05-24-2010, 04:15 AM         #2706
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
notice the f**king pilot opens with his eyes opening and then wakes up.

but in the finale he closes them and then dies.

heh.

"ok"

Last edited by WorldsStrangest; 05-24-2010 at 04:16 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #2707
Khazano 
space
space
$2,397 | Props total: 111 111
All this ending did, is prove to me they were making 80% of this show up as they went along. Especially in the first few seasons.

They want their "character" ending where sideways world is actually the future and they're all in heaven. Despite Juliette hinting its creation was a result of her blowing up the bomb when she said to Sawyer "it worked." Which is scientifically arguable and the road i thought they were going down... Okay. Fine. They wanna make it purgaheaven and everyone reunited and happy. Ok. I'll overlook the aforementioned points above as long as they...

ANSWER THE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE ACTUAL f**kING ISLAND AND IT'S HISTORY.

But they didn't. And I honestly think it's because they didn't know the answers themselves.

Last edited by Khazano; 05-24-2010 at 04:58 AM..
 8 years ago '07        #2708
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
nope

The Island was exactly as jacob said it was the gate way to hell, the cap to hell whatever

it was also a place were scientists found insane levels of energy (cause the spirits lost souls gravity of the place)

they were all alive on the island and most of them died there

the alt reality was where they all were living when they died, and where they all had to live until they remembered together what happened to them and what they had done at the most important part of their live

jacob brought them to the island to choose a candidate to safeguard the gates of hell and prevent the black smoke (a demon) from leaving

thats my take

matthew fox's too
 8 years ago '05        #2709
damien1928 32 heat pts32
space
space
$4,332 | Props total: 2773 2773
 big leo 415 said:
IMM KINDA DISSAPOINTED...THEY DIDNT EXPLAIN s**t......

im with you.....im pissed. it was judgement day and they didnt explain s**t
 05-24-2010, 06:25 AM         #2710
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Switchc2390 said:
One person that I didn't see in the church that maybe should have been there was Libby..I mean she was in the alt. timeline right?
Libby was in the church... I specifically remember a shot of her and Hugo standing next to each other.
 05-24-2010, 06:35 AM         #2711
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

8.6/10
 8 years ago '05        #2712
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,334 | Props total: 1671 1671
 Mr. Snowman said:
nope

The Island was exactly as jacob said it was the gate way to hell, the cap to hell whatever

it was also a place were scientists found insane levels of energy (cause the spirits lost souls gravity of the place)

they were all alive on the island and most of them died there

the alt reality was where they all were living when they died, and where they all had to live until they remembered together what happened to them and what they had done at the most important part of their live

jacob brought them to the island to choose a candidate to safeguard the gates of hell and prevent the black smoke (a demon) from leaving

thats my take

matthew fox's too
This.

Can't believe people on IMDb and some of you on BX don't understand this concept. Seriously, it's more straightforward than you think - what's been explained in the finale is as it is. Everyone in the 'alt timeline' are already dead. They died at different times and all gathered there after they died.

What a poignant ending, though... I loved the whole thing. I'll miss this show
 05-24-2010, 07:03 AM         #2713
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So.

The bomb k!lled them all?
 8 years ago '07        #2714
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,080 | Props total: 1523 1523
Desmond knew how the Purgatory appeared before he officially passed away.

and the only think I'm still confused or even concerned with is the whole Smoke monster aspect.

I'm pretty sure Jacob and his brother's Fake Mom was a monster.

And jacob's brother became a monster after he floated in the cave right? Why didn't Jack or Desmond become one?

when Jake's brother floated in the cave, did he get up and walk to the bright light?

Last edited by Eddie..; 05-24-2010 at 07:26 AM..
 8 years ago '07        #2715
RedMonkeyJunkie 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,999 | Props total: 1376 1376
Also unsure as to why they showed the wreckage
at the end. And to everyone that keeps saying the island was "built" to keep the smoke monster at bay...there was no smoke monster when it was built, never woulda been one without Jacob k!lling his brother. That's why I want more explination of the island.
Posted via Mobile Device
 05-24-2010, 07:40 AM         #2716
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RedMonkeyJunkie said:
Also unsure as to why they showed the wreckage
at the end.
And to everyone that keeps saying the island was "built" to keep the smoke monster at bay...there was no smoke monster when it was built, never woulda been one without Jacob k!lling his brother. That's why I want more explination of the island.
Posted via Mobile Device

dont make me say it again....

it was either season 1 pilot or season 5's end

peroid. choose 1.
 8 years ago '05        #2717
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Santoro; 05-24-2010 at 08:06 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #2718
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,785 | Props total: 4898 4898
I think its like the guy a few posts above said. The island blocks the gate to hell. The smoke monster is a product of hell so the island wasn't built to keep it out particularly...it just happened to be part of what the island was trying to protect the world from. Funny how the actual stone keeping hell plugged up was very much like the cork that kept that wine in the bottle in Jacob's analogy of what the island is. I think they answered all of the questions that were important to the series. Some of the other things like Walt's whole season 1 and season 2 experience I guess were left for our theories.

And the purgatory ending was well done. I liked it. I thought it gave us a happy, complete ending for the people we followed for 6 years. And I like how people like Eloise are perfectly fine living in that purgatory reality and aren't ready to "move on" just yet. I think the same can be said for Ben who I think wasn't ready to move on even though he had his 'awakening'. Instead he wanted to probably spend some time with Danielle and Alex.
 8 years ago '04        #2719
apfam77 
space
space
space
$1,001 | Props total: 205 205
I swear some people on here that dont get it must not pay attention to the show when they watched it.... are you even watching it??? As for not answering all the questions... yeah it sucks but we already knew they werent answering them all. At least the show didnt cop out as bad as the sopranos did
 05-24-2010, 08:37 AM         #2720
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think Smokey is still alive..LOL! Think about it. If he was immortal with the light, and then when the light was restored, shouldnt smokey come back to life since he was dead when he became the smoke monster...
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
75 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
85 comments
2 days ago