LOST: The Final Season Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
 68
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
53 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 45
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
12 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 44
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 41
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
60 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #2621
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,470 | Props total: 7119 7119
 ><>Young'n<>< said:
bugs me that that whole "were dead" thing was thrown into season 6, maybe i would respecty the purgatory ending if it had been hinted at in earlier seasons, but it just seemed to be a thing that could take up 20 minutes of the show. i think with full focus on the island, the 6th season wouldve been far more satisfying, it lost its focus (no pun).

also, Jack being the biggest character in the show leaves a bitter taste in my mouth after the writers said he was supposed to die in the Pilot. im curious to see how the show would have been had Jack died like originally planned.

All shows pan out like that. They wing it early on. Ben was only supposed to be in 3 episodes (revealed in the recap show) and ended up being one of the main characters. And I dont know what your talking about saying purgatory was not hinted to. For YEARS people speculated that the island itself was purgatory. I found it f**king AWESOME that the island was in fact not purgatory, but the alt-timeline (That many people thought was season 7) was actually the real purgatory. Purgatory has been being discussed with this show since like season 2.
 05-24-2010, 02:12 AM         #2622
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
What in the f**k are you talking about when you say "there was no island?" Yes....there was. The whole show was based on the island and that life was what really happened. They all died on the island and the alt-timeline was purgatory AFTER they all died on the island. Where in the f**k do you get off saying there was no island?
Motherf**ker he died as soon as the plane hit.


AND THEN OK. So if the island happened and he was still alive, at what f**king point did jack die then?!?!


was it the bomb?!?!? what k!lled him!?!? when locke stabbed him!?!?!? when did he die if jack didnt die in the plane crash?!?!


wow....get the f**k out.
 05-24-2010, 02:13 AM         #2623
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ricky Towel said:
dude youre like the only one in here suggesting that the island may not have been real.


the island was definitely real.
then when did he die??

it makes the ending less significant now then if he didnt die in the crash.
 8 years ago '05        #2624
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,470 | Props total: 7119 7119
 WorldsStrangest said:
not happily ever after, but gimme SOME KIND of payoff for "believeing in the mythology of your story" for 6 years!!


s**t man, whats the problem with just going with the flow of the island and giving us an epic ending.

f**k we watch superhero movies all the time, we dont beg them for realism. just a proper meaningful story, and let us find the symbolism and how we can relate it to reality ourselfs.


would it really have k!lled them to have a jack vs locke showdown and then letting everybody live....or die....who cares, but let me know they died somewhere, let me believe in the Lost myths the same way we do Lord of The Rings or on a lesser note, f**king Avatar even.


but...


"Not like this. Not like this."

They did just that. Everybody (for the most part) did die. And you know WHERE they died. On the island. What is your point?
 8 years ago '06        #2625
modalee 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$15,791 | Props total: 2322 2322
Jimmy Kimmels theory was good.

The whole show was Jack remembering his death which was everything that happened on the real reality up until his death in the bamboo trees after plugging up the hole to fix the light. The Alt reality was just created by him to reconnect with the people that meant most to him and when it was all over they were ready to pass over to other side whatever that may be. Ben obviously going to hell.
 05-24-2010, 02:14 AM         #2626
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and why show the plane empty at the end if they all didnt die in the f**king crash???
 05-24-2010, 02:15 AM         #2627
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
They did just that. Everybody (for the most part) did die. And you know WHERE they died. On the island. What is your point?
But when....when did they die?!??!
 8 years ago '05        #2628
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,470 | Props total: 7119 7119
 WorldsStrangest said:
Motherf**ker he died as soon as the plane hit.


AND THEN OK. So if the island happened and he was still alive, at what f**king point did jack die then?!?!


was it the bomb?!?!? what k!lled him!?!? when locke stabbed him!?!?!? when did he die if jack didnt die in the plane crash?!?!


wow....get the f**k out.

Ummm? Jack died at the end of the f**king series when he collapsed on the ground and CLOSED HIS f**kING EYES BECAUSE HE WAS DIEING. Did you stop watching at 11:00 or somethin? What the f**k are you talking about, bro?
 8 years ago '09        #2629
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
avatar space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
 WorldsStrangest said:
then when did he die??

it makes the ending less significant now then if he didnt die in the crash.
what?

he died in the jungle with vincent laying next to him.


how are you confused about that?
 05-24-2010, 02:17 AM         #2630
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
Ummm? Jack died at the end of the f**king series when he collapsed on the ground and CLOSED HIS f**kING EYES BECAUSE HE WAS DIEING. Did you stop watching at 11:00 or somethin? What the f**k are you talking about, bro?
so he died when he plugged up the rock....and then the last 20 minutes was....?!?!?


and the alt time is fake......but they all had alt-time lines so they must have died at some point but we dont know when everybody died??

 8 years ago '05        #2631
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,470 | Props total: 7119 7119
 modalee81 said:
Jimmy Kimmels theory was good.

The whole show was Jack remembering his death which was everything that happened on the real reality up until his death in the bamboo trees after plugging up the hole to fix the light. The Alt reality was just created by him to reconnect with the people that meant most to him and when it was all over they were ready to pass over to other side whatever that may be. Ben obviously going to hell.
You could tell even Jack disagreed with that theory. He said. "Yeah...um...thats possible." Thats not what happened.

Daniel Faraday-"Whatever happened, happened."

Everything we saw happen is exactly what really happened. Flash-sideways was purgatory.

It is blowing my mind that you guys do not understand this.....
 8 years ago '05        #2632
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,470 | Props total: 7119 7119
 WorldsStrangest said:
But when....when did they die?!??!
They died WHEN THEY DIED on the f**king show that you just watched for the past 6 seasons. What dont you understand?
 8 years ago '07        #2633
jagster 
space
avatar space
space
$87 | Props total: 0 0
 modalee81 said:
Jimmy Kimmels theory was good.

The whole show was Jack remembering his death which was everything that happened on the real reality up until his death in the bamboo trees after plugging up the hole to fix the light. The Alt reality was just created by him to reconnect with the people that meant most to him and when it was all over they were ready to pass over to other side whatever that may be. Ben obviously going to hell.
But then why show the other characters connecting with each other? If this was Jack's purgatory why would it matter how the other people realized where they were? In fact if it was just his afterlife wouldn't everyone else technically be "imaginary"? Plus why would Desmond be connected to Jack's purgatory after being hit by the EM? It just doesn't make sense for it to be solely Jack's afterlife.
 05-24-2010, 02:19 AM         #2634
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ricky Towel said:
what?

he died in the jungle with vincent laying next to him.


how are you confused about that?

wasnt that in the pilot?? where jack died in reality, but he wakes up and thats when his purgatory begins??

or what, they just recreated the exact same shot after he saved the island??? if so, thats bs



what is that, an analogy of "he died the same way he lived" type ish?
 8 years ago '05        #2635
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,470 | Props total: 7119 7119
 WorldsStrangest said:
so he died when he plugged up the rock....and then the last 20 minutes was....?!?!?


and the alt time is fake......but they all had alt-time lines so they must have died at some point but we dont know when everybody died??

Are you f**king mentally handicapped or something? Go back and read all of my posts while your sober tomorrow, bro, because your making a fool of yourself.
 05-24-2010, 02:21 AM         #2636
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
They died WHEN THEY DIED on the f**king show that you just watched for the past 6 seasons. What dont you understand?
what the f**k is that?!!

HOW THE f**k DID EACH OF THE CHARACTERS DIE ON THE ISLAND THEN!?!?!

off screen deaths or some s**t?!?!?
 8 years ago '05        #2637
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,470 | Props total: 7119 7119
 WorldsStrangest said:
wasnt that in the pilot?? where jack died in reality, but he wakes up and thats when his purgatory begins??

or what, they just recreated the exact same shot after he saved the island??? if so, thats bs



what is that, an analogy of "he died the same way he lived" type ish?
YOU ARE STUPID AS f**k. The show opened with Jack opening his eyes in that field. The show closed with Jack CLOSING his eyes in that field. Not the same scene, in the least. Its called symbolism and 90 percent of hardcore Lost fans knew this was the way the show would end 3 years ago. God damn your annoying me.
 8 years ago '09        #2638
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
avatar space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
 WorldsStrangest said:
wasnt that in the pilot?? but instead of dying in reality, he wakes up and thats when his purgatory begins??

or what, they just recreated the exact same shot after he saved the island??? if so, thats bs



what is that, an analogy of "he died the same way he lived" type ish?
when he woke up on the island he did just that, he woke up on the island.


and then later on he died on the island.


why is it bs that they had him die in the one of the most iconic shots of the show?


either your comprehension skills suck or you are at this point just trying to hate.
 05-24-2010, 02:22 AM         #2639
><>Young'n<>< 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
All shows pan out like that. They wing it early on. Ben was only supposed to be in 3 episodes (revealed in the recap show) and ended up being one of the main characters. And I dont know what your talking about saying purgatory was not hinted to. For YEARS people speculated that the island itself was purgatory. I found it f**king AWESOME that the island was in fact not purgatory, but the alt-timeline (That many people thought was season 7) was actually the real purgatory. Purgatory has been being discussed with this show since like season 2.
In the actual show? No, it wasn't discussed. And people speculated many things over the years. The flashsideways' were not there because they had been planned by the writers, i don't believe for a second that the flashsideways' had a direction that mattered. They started off as something that we thought was a world where Jacob never helped the Losties (as you yourself said weeks ago), and subsequently most were thinking that it was "fate" that they would unite, even without the island. There was no point to the flashsideways OUTSIDE of this Season, and that sir, is what bothers me. They were introduced for this Season and were awkwardly placed in a Season that deserved much more focus on the original story of the island, not purgatory that I honestly felt nothing for. I did not care for most of the scenes that took place in the alternate timeline. What was the point of having an episode where Jack tries to connect with his son if it was just purgatory anyways? That's what doesn't make sense to me. They tried to build new characters from existing ones in a reality that I think no one honestly really gave a s**t about to begin with.


Last edited by ><>Young'n<><; 05-24-2010 at 02:26 AM..
 05-24-2010, 02:22 AM         #2640
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
Are you f**king mentally handicapped or something? Go back and read all of my posts while your sober tomorrow, bro, because your making a fool of yourself.
f**k you. your theories is just as good as mine. sorry i didnt completely pull mine out of my a.ss to save a disaspointing ending you prick.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 28
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 18
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
106 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 12
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 11
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 10
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
113 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 7
Kevin Hart X-mad card
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 6
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy